SORT BY Relevancy
A hero has come forth who may help force the racism and demeaning practice of "Stop and Frisk" in New York City to cease.
Just another civil rights injustice that has been embraced by the city. However, the court case has revealed the unsurprising news that black and Latinos are indeed TARGETED and that there is the use of QUOTAS. We salute Police Officer Pedro Serrano for his courage for standing up to the "Blue Goliath".
Let's get down and dirty on the topic and the court case, that ended May 20th will a decision still pending. It hits home for many, including a friend of mine who is an artiste, and class act. He will tell us about his disturbing encounter with some members of the NYPD...
STOP AND FRISK AND A SOUTH SUDAN UPDATE
Join in the conversation as we discuss the controversial policy STOP AND FRISK.
Al Sharpton convinced the community to vote for Mayor Elect Bill de Blasio on the basis that he would campaign to reform the STOP and FRISK POLICY which disproportionately affects POC. Upon taking office, Bill de Blasio announced the appointment of notorious Bill Bratton (zero tolerance advocate) as police commissioner.
Clarence Canty, Jr., of New York, will discuss the origin and impact of STOP & Frisk.
Second hour: Remigius Kintu will give an update on the South Sudan crisis.
CALL IN- 347-637-3074 ….6:30p EST, 5:30p CST, 3:30 p PST
OR CHAT ONLINE
HOST~ THE LOTUS PLACE
CO- HOST AND PRODUCER DR. RANDY SHORT
According to published reports, the Court of Appeals for the Second Circuit ruled that Judge Scheindlin violated the judiciary’s code of conduct by compromising the appearance of impartiality surrounding the so-called “stop and frisk” litigation. The new ruling effectively postpones numerous changes that Judge Scheindlin had initially ordered for the New York City Police Department.
On Thursday November 14, 2013, at 6:00 PM eastern time, our guest will be Erie Josey from the organization 100 Blacks In Law Enforcement Who Care. Join us for this most stimulating and informative discussion about a very important issue.
*turn down volume to hear audio clearly
http://lkpinder.blogspot.com/ for daily podcast
Topic: NYPD new stop and frisk policy
New York Amsterdam News:
New York Daily News
New York Times
Wall Street Journal
Federal Judge Shira Scheindlin recently ruled that the ‘stop-and-frisk’ practices of the New York Police Department violated the Constitutional Rights of tens of thousand of New Yorkers.
Still, according to published reports, New York’s Mayor Bloomberg said, “This is a very dangerous decision made by a judge who I think does not understand how policing works.”
Is stop-and-frisk a necessary legitimate police policy, or an unconstitutional racial profiling tactic.
Join us for an enlightening discussion of this issue on Thursday August 29, 2013 at 6:00 PM eastern time.
Good morning! Today, on The Meter we cover the new law signed into law by extremist governor Jerry Brown singed a law allowing transgender kids to use what ever restroom they wanted and play on what ever sports teams they wanted! Is this fair or insane? Also, Federal Judge has ruled the NYC practice of Stop and Frisk unconstitutional. Proponents claim the practice is instrumental in fighting crime. In Missouri a rodeo clown has been barred for life for wearing a Barack Obama mask and all the other clowns must take sensitivity training. Political correctness running amuck or necessary precautions? Former Congressman Jessie Jackson (D) IL, was sentenced to 30 months in federal prison for stealing campaign contributions for his personal use. Please join the discussion at 10:00 AM. Your input is essential.
Afro State of Mind by Lurie Daniel Favors provides a critical analysis of issues and current events impacting the Black community.
This episode tackles the issue of Stop and Frisk and the racial implications of the NYPD program. We speak with Lumumba Bandele, long time community organzer about the current state of the program and its impact on the community.
Olakunle Lawrence will guest speak to State Stop and Frisk Laws..One of the most controversial law enforcement procedures is the " stop and frisk laws". This is where if a law enforcement officer feels a person is carrying a concealed weapon that they can detain the person.The procedure of frisking in itself has been contoversial with allegation of other connotations on the officer's part.Examples are male officers frisking women, when women officers are available.In Aug of this year 2013 a Federal Court Judge in New York has ruled New York City's controversial "stop and frisk" law unconstitutional, saying it is a "form of racial profiling.
We are having a special program discussing the issue of POLICE BRUTALITY AND STOP & FRISK in NYC communities of color. We will be chatting with David McFly about his recent police brutality case against the NYPD. Please show him support and sign his petition by clicking in th elink below:
Join Host Live Chats
- Hagmann and Hagmann Report (499 chatters)
- John Baptist (85 chatters)
- wheresobamasbirthcertificateXcom (27 chatters)
- thelordshour (18 chatters)
- Star Nations Radio Network (18 chatters)
- Dr Pat Holliday (13 chatters)
- C Robert JonesPhD (12 chatters)
- CRYPTOLOGIC (11 chatters)
- The Psychic Viewpoint (11 chatters)
- MHHS Eyes Wide Open (10 chatters)
- fireengineeringtalkradio (8 chatters)
- Bill Murray (8 chatters)
- African History Ntwk (7 chatters)
- FWrestling and EFed Guerillas (7 chatters)
- JoePrichRadio (7 chatters)
- The Road Hawgs Radio Network (6 chatters)
- The Sensuous Mystic Sex Spirit (6 chatters)
- New Spirit Radio Show (5 chatters)
- Debate Talk 4 U (5 chatters)
- alexas29 (5 chatters)
- True Psychics Network (4 chatters)
- Tarhaka (4 chatters)
- The J Ril Show (4 chatters)
- thedean (4 chatters)
- The Captain0 (3 chatters)
- The Forbidden Fruit (3 chatters)
- Thats Novel (3 chatters)
- ShadySykes (3 chatters)
- MCMJimmy (3 chatters)
- Challenging the Rhetoric (3 chatters)
- dburt aka Afronerd (3 chatters)
- DDP Radio (3 chatters)
- Jennifer Hoffman (3 chatters)
- JackNewtown (2 chatters)
- FSF Radio (2 chatters)
- Dirtyredz (2 chatters)
- 63489 (2 chatters)
- Andrea Shea King (2 chatters)
- AltCon Radio (2 chatters)
- Life Coach Radio Network (2 chatters)
- LL Sports 2 with TJ and TIFF (2 chatters)
- Rod Eccles (2 chatters)
- OPWR (2 chatters)
- Witch School (2 chatters)
- The Tea with Rie (2 chatters)
- The Wacko Network (2 chatters)
- WGAG Radio (1 chatters)
- The ANSWERS Show (1 chatters)
- sun752 (1 chatters)
- The Poetry Concert (1 chatters)
- Radio by Renford (1 chatters)
- REAL MEN SPEAK (1 chatters)
- real talk for real people0 (1 chatters)
- Relax Let Go Be with Charles (1 chatters)
- ROADTOSTARDOM RADIO (1 chatters)
- Root Cause Radio (1 chatters)
- SIXEYES RADIO (1 chatters)
- Main Street Universe (1 chatters)
- May We Help You Radio Show (1 chatters)
- Minn4Freedom (1 chatters)
- MKSPCG (1 chatters)
- American Preppers Radio (1 chatters)
- ALL NATIONALIST NETWORK (1 chatters)
- All of the Places we ve Been (1 chatters)
- AirWavesAmerica (1 chatters)
- 12kyle (1 chatters)
- 2TheNcreaseofKnowledgeTruth (1 chatters)
- Barry Secrest (1 chatters)
- Bobby Brown Bail and Beyond (1 chatters)
- Brain Injury Radio (1 chatters)
- Canadian Moto Show (1 chatters)
- EON Network (1 chatters)
- Everything Kathy B (1 chatters)
- Fire Weekly (1 chatters)
- Get It Together Girl (1 chatters)
- Hahn America Radio (1 chatters)
- Incubi Incarnate Broadcast (1 chatters)