SORT BY Relevancy
A hero has come forth who may help force the racism and demeaning practice of "Stop and Frisk" in New York City to cease.
Just another civil rights injustice that has been embraced by the city. However, the court case has revealed the unsurprising news that black and Latinos are indeed TARGETED and that there is the use of QUOTAS. We salute Police Officer Pedro Serrano for his courage for standing up to the "Blue Goliath".
Let's get down and dirty on the topic and the court case, that ended May 20th will a decision still pending. It hits home for many, including a friend of mine who is an artiste, and class act. He will tell us about his disturbing encounter with some members of the NYPD...
Federal Judge Shira Scheindlin recently ruled that the ‘stop-and-frisk’ practices of the New York Police Department violated the Constitutional Rights of tens of thousand of New Yorkers.
Still, according to published reports, New York’s Mayor Bloomberg said, “This is a very dangerous decision made by a judge who I think does not understand how policing works.”
Is stop-and-frisk a necessary legitimate police policy, or an unconstitutional racial profiling tactic.
Join us for an enlightening discussion of this issue on Thursday August 29, 2013 at 6:00 PM eastern time.
*turn down volume to hear audio clearly
http://lkpinder.blogspot.com/ for daily podcast
Topic: NYPD new stop and frisk policy
New York Amsterdam News:
New York Daily News
New York Times
Wall Street Journal
Afro State of Mind by Lurie Daniel Favors provides a critical analysis of issues and current events impacting the Black community.
This episode tackles the issue of Stop and Frisk and the racial implications of the NYPD program. We speak with Lumumba Bandele, long time community organzer about the current state of the program and its impact on the community.
Good morning! Today, on The Meter we cover the new law signed into law by extremist governor Jerry Brown singed a law allowing transgender kids to use what ever restroom they wanted and play on what ever sports teams they wanted! Is this fair or insane? Also, Federal Judge has ruled the NYC practice of Stop and Frisk unconstitutional. Proponents claim the practice is instrumental in fighting crime. In Missouri a rodeo clown has been barred for life for wearing a Barack Obama mask and all the other clowns must take sensitivity training. Political correctness running amuck or necessary precautions? Former Congressman Jessie Jackson (D) IL, was sentenced to 30 months in federal prison for stealing campaign contributions for his personal use. Please join the discussion at 10:00 AM. Your input is essential.
Welcome to the Seriouside of the jril show. We will be discussing the following topics this morning:
1. KICKING THE CAN DOWN THE ROAD: Congress in the 11th hour pass a resolution to reopen the government and raise the debt ceiling...temporary....
2. W(here)TF IS GEORGE ZIMMERMAN?: In July 2013, a jury found George Zimmerman not guilty in the shooting of Trayvon Martin. 3 months later, where is the DOJ?
3. STOP AND FRISK: Philly Police Office Philip Nace was caught on video tape harassing a young man who was on his way to work. Was he justified under Philly's "Stop & Frisk" law or just a fancy way to racial profile African Americans
Today we get to STOP & FRISK, we'll talk about WAR POTENTIAL, Syria and countries uniting against the current talk, which may lead to WAR. And People Be Trippin' on Facebook - Is it that serious? Come & Talk To Us (Jodeci song)
347-205-9366 - Join THE COOL CRITICS.
We are having a special program discussing the issue of POLICE BRUTALITY AND STOP & FRISK in NYC communities of color. We will be chatting with David McFly about his recent police brutality case against the NYPD. Please show him support and sign his petition by clicking in th elink below:
Sanjay Gupta changes his mind on weed; Stop-and-Frisk ruled unconstitutional in NYC; Eric Holder & Justice Department get "Smart on Crime"; and Carlos Danger strikes back!
Hosted by Rick Najera & @MrRafaelAgustin
preorder a copy of Rick's new book Almost White now
"like" Rafa's ground-breaking comedy N*W*C
the revolution of the mind continues...every week the MadMen bring the illest news/political story of the week and break it down to its core. Who can we put a case on in this Barney's situation?Barney's? It's never been a black friendly place. The Black shopper? How about suppor
Join Host Live Chats
- Lucky Mojo Curio Company (52 chatters)
- Pastor Paul Begley (13 chatters)
- The Middle Men (12 chatters)
- Jay King Network (11 chatters)
- Cross Encounters (10 chatters)
- Cinema in Noir (10 chatters)
- Heavy Metal Mayhem (9 chatters)
- Black Girl Nerds (7 chatters)
- Conservative Nation Media (6 chatters)
- Dino Dean (6 chatters)
- Wicked Edge (6 chatters)
- DYNASTY NETWORK 1382 (5 chatters)
- iCandiRadio (5 chatters)
- MMA Jam Live (4 chatters)
- OPWR (4 chatters)
- FuRbAbY AnD FrIeNdS (4 chatters)
- Fins Radio (4 chatters)
- CSWF RADIO STAFF (4 chatters)
- Underground Professor Radio (4 chatters)
- Pure Adrenaline (4 chatters)
- Visual Thoughts Network (3 chatters)
- Firefall Talk Radio (3 chatters)
- Here Be Monsters (3 chatters)
- Main Street Universe (3 chatters)
- PANDA Podcast (3 chatters)
- Omega News (2 chatters)
- Michael Buffalo (2 chatters)
- Donny C (2 chatters)
- CULTURE FREEDOM RADIO (2 chatters)
- D Hour Show (2 chatters)
- AmericanHeroesRadio (2 chatters)
- Pop Fan Girls (2 chatters)
- reVerse (2 chatters)
- USA live (2 chatters)
- The Cricket Show (2 chatters)
- WORLD Change (1 chatters)
- Yahshuah (1 chatters)
- Variety Radio Online (1 chatters)
- Sandra Booker (1 chatters)
- shadowseeker01 (1 chatters)
- SmartMarkRadio (1 chatters)
- Spiritual Awakening (1 chatters)
- Powerhouse Ministries (1 chatters)
- Radio Jihad Network (1 chatters)
- ReflectRadio (1 chatters)
- American Preppers Radio1 (1 chatters)
- BRUE (1 chatters)
- Chef Cardinales Cooking Show (1 chatters)
- Dariaanne (1 chatters)
- Dynamic Daphne (1 chatters)
- Edge Talk Radio (1 chatters)
- GATHERING OF CHRIST CHURCH (1 chatters)
- Halestorm sports radio (1 chatters)
- On Air with Douglas (1 chatters)
- MyViewMatters (1 chatters)
- EWRoss (1 chatters)
- MKSPCG (0 chatters)
- EMS Office Hours (0 chatters)