SORT BY Relevancy
Dr. Pamela Brewer talks with author, Kathleen Pasley about her experiences with depression - and the tools she has used to free herself from what, for many, is a debilitating experience. Kathleen is someone "who has known serious depressive episodes first-hand, Kathy wrote the book A Hurt in Your Soul and How to Heal It after years of experience in using spiritual tools as well as medical ones, to manage her own disease. In her book, she encourages those suffering from depressive episodes to embrace a spiritual practice as a key aspect of their recovery.
Feeling down or depressed from time to time happens to most people. Usually such feelings pass, and a person can improve his or her mood naturally. However, some people cannot break out of a depressed state over an extended period of time. In those cases, a person is considered to have clinical depression. However, there is much research that shows that depression is neurological, not psychological. Certain brain patterns are frequently linked to depression.
This reality tells us that we need years of therapy and/or medication and treatment to deal with depression, addiction and anxiety. And even then, most people are told they will have to live with it the rest of their lives. What if there were a simpler and more effective way of approaching these mental health “issues”. Would you be willing to have a great tool that you can use to move beyond these diagnoses? Are you ready to have more ease in your life?
Join me and my guest Susanna Mittemaier, a ground breaking clinical psychologist from Sweden, as we discuss what what’s actually possible with the right tool and accurate information.
Kelley Alsobrook was born and raised in Miami, Florida and has resided in Memphis, TN with her husband for the past fourteen years. Growing up in an abusive home was something that is known well to Mrs. Alsobrook. Being sexually, physically, and mentally abused in her youth she came to accept this kind of treatment from a man. This abuse continued into her adult hood as she became the victim of human trafficking and domestic violence. Being disconnected from her family and being a single mother she became a very easy target for a pimp that preyed on her vulnerability. She continued in this lifestyle for approx 4 years. The guilt, shame and self loathing of this lifestyle led her into drug use as her life spiraled downward. She felt there was no hope of ever escaping. Once she escaped this torturous lifestyle she was determined to help others get through these same experiences. She is now passionate about seeing those who have been beaten, broken, battered, and bruised become whole. This was the motivation for beginning Ashes2Beauty.
Beyond the Matrix offers a portrait of a refreshingly optimistic future in a time when we are bombarded with an apocalypse scenario as the future of our civilization. Those concerned with the current eco-crisis most often look only to scientists and politicians for solutions One solution is working from home and building your own home base busines we explore all of those possibilites during this series of friday morning shows!
Daily Disciples Radio with Bobbye and Tonilee is a syndicated radio show with a powerful message of hope and inspiration. Bobbye and Tonilee share real life experiences that encourage and motivate. You will hear authentic and transparent teaching from two long-time Bible teachers, authors, speakers and radio hosts. If you are looking for healing, hope, and happiness, then listen in and stay in touch with Daily Disciples Ministries.
We will explore the process that it will take for us to become free from Bondage of the Matrix by letting go of the illusion of the American Dream. We have to understand that order to live beyond the ordinary it take will extraordinary thinking and actions to manifest greatness. So join us on a journey towards greatness on Sol Spark Magazine Radio. We can defy what the illusion saids we are and write our own legacy. Today is in our hands and future is ours to shape. Peace
Sadness, loneliness, anger, worry, and fear are some of the negative emotions that can prompt a person to turn to alcohol or drugs for a temporary escape, the rush of endorphins into the blood stream and the sense of comfort they bring, even if for only a short time. When these methods of self comfort become habitual, a person loses the ability to handle unpleasant emotions without them. But while alcohol and drug addictions are easy to recognize, food addictions are often misunderstood. Obesity is the result of eating habits out of control, but often the reason behind overeating is emotional distress. Food can be a source of comfort just as can alcohol or drugs. Are you a number of pounds heavier than you would like but haven't been able to shed those extra pounds? Have you noticed not just what you eat but WHEN and WHY you eat? Did you gain wait after a relationship breakup? After a job loss? After a loved ones death? Certain life experiences are distressing, and when food becomes our source of comfort, we eat those things that flood our bodies with comforting endorphins - which are often sugary foods with less nutritional value. Are you overeating to mask a state of depression? How do you know when food has become your drug?
Summer of 1964
Bob Moses created Freedom Summer to mobilize Whites and to gain mainstream media exposure for the Civil Rights Struggle.....
The Historic 1964 Freedom Summer anniversary; Mississippi
Founder, Bob Moses created the Freedom Summer strategy seeing the need to mobilize White volunteers to gain mainstream media exposure to the Civil Rights struggle against Mississippi's collusion of state and local officials and law enforcement officers and White terrorist groups like the Ku Klux Klan who
fought violently to exclude black citizens from political participation (Fannie Lou Hamer's Political Party) including the right to vote.
Listen in now to The Gist Of Freedom, Black History Internet Radio Show
www.BlackHistoryUniversity.com and www.BlackHistoryBlog.com
Read more http://bit.ly/The_Gist_of_White_Freedom_Riders
by Marianne Wright Eldeman
?Harvey Boyd's current "mission" is preserving the land and the community of Crestdale, located southeast of Charlotte, in Matthews. Born in 1944, to Viola and Sam Boyd, Harvey described Crestdale as "a unique community in the U.S. One of the oldest African American communities founded right after the Civil War." Sitting on 135 acres of land in the center of Matthews, it is still owned by ancestors of the original families.
Amber Lopez is a survivor of child abuse, human trafficking, sexual assault, and domestic violence and has struggled with numerous mental illnesses such as PTS and severe depression. Ambers last "normal" childhood memory was dancing with a dance production company called "Starshine Stage Players". Shortly before her 12th birthday, her dreams of becoming a professional ballet dancer abruptly ended and her life was tragically changed forever. She was abducted, drugged and traded to a man who was epitome of evil. She was held in captivity as a sex slave for 30 days and in that time she was raped & abused repeatedly, beat with the butt of a gun and forced to watch one of the four other children, who was also captive, be sexually abused as well. As a result of a lifetime of addictions, four years ago she was told that she only had 2 years to live from a diagnosis of severe chronic pancreatitis and liver damage but by the grace of God 3 months later there were no signs of damage. Currently Amber is writing her first book and is an active member of “Made for Them” and “Breaking the Chains” which are local anti-human trafficking organizations/ministries. She is also a mother of 5 boys and plans to continue her education majoring in Journalism.
Join Host Live Chats
- Phoenix3333 (225 chatters)
- John Baptist (122 chatters)
- Bigfoot Hotspot (111 chatters)
- Tha Boxingvoice Radio Show (44 chatters)
- Jamie The Psychic (27 chatters)
- Pine Ridge Warriors (24 chatters)
- Underground Professor Radio (23 chatters)
- Gecko Nation Radio (15 chatters)
- Lets talkXXXGod is not Religious (14 chatters)
- thelordshour (14 chatters)
- Well Armed Radio (12 chatters)
- Rock The Ville Radio (10 chatters)
- Tarhaka (9 chatters)
- Marti Oakley (9 chatters)
- ILLUMINATION (9 chatters)
- RequestFreeProphecyXcom (8 chatters)
- Monster X Radio1 (7 chatters)
- The Crow and Moore Show (7 chatters)
- INFINITY888 RADIO (7 chatters)
- Brain Injury Radio (7 chatters)
- Ohio Exopolitics (6 chatters)
- On The Move with Mack Worley (5 chatters)
- Two Moons Talking (5 chatters)
- Mag Blog Radio (5 chatters)
- Life Conversations (5 chatters)
- LivingParanormal (4 chatters)
- JohnMcTernan (4 chatters)
- Josh and Paul (4 chatters)
- christianpsychicbrendabradshaw (4 chatters)
- Dead Air Paranormal Radio (4 chatters)
- Bill Murray (4 chatters)
- Bishop Maurice L Irvin (4 chatters)
- Aquatic Wetline (4 chatters)
- MMA Jam Live (4 chatters)
- NDB Media (4 chatters)
- Moorish Kemetic Radio (3 chatters)
- ParaTruth Radio (3 chatters)
- Pagan Musings Podcast Channel (3 chatters)
- Tarvino (3 chatters)
- TWR Radio (2 chatters)
- World Wide Resistance Radio (2 chatters)
- Truth Emerges (2 chatters)
- Pray 1 4 Another (2 chatters)
- NTEB (2 chatters)
- BBQSuperStars (2 chatters)
- A New Day 4 Al Islam (2 chatters)
- Crs Radio Caribbean Radio Show (2 chatters)
- IB Wise Raising The Roof Radio (2 chatters)
- MKSPCG (2 chatters)
- Louis Teverini and Freddy Doll (1 chatters)
- Know Thyself Radio Network (1 chatters)
- Alis MEN Radio (1 chatters)
- BLACK SATIN RADIO LIVE (1 chatters)
- Exalted Nation of Truth (1 chatters)
- ExpandingU RADIO (1 chatters)
- GEI Radio (1 chatters)
- GRAYMAN (1 chatters)
- Clive Hudson Master Blaster (1 chatters)
- Carbon Radio (1 chatters)
- Ordinarywmn (1 chatters)
- No to Port on Goat Islands Jamaica (1 chatters)
- Psychic Teachers (1 chatters)
- Real1Talk1 (1 chatters)
- Really Doe Radio (1 chatters)
- Pagans Tonight Radio (1 chatters)
- VOS FREQ9 RADIO (1 chatters)
- TJMorrisETRadio (1 chatters)
- The Live By Terrence Network (1 chatters)
- The NIGGA CHURCH (1 chatters)
- The Seika Network (1 chatters)
- The Truth Is Out There0 (1 chatters)
- Catz1* (0 chatters)