SORT BY Relevancy
Tonight's episode is about adoption and foster care. What is it like be a foster parent and what is it like as a child to grow up in a foster home? Millions of children experience foster care every year and from reports, there are a lot of unpleasant experiences.
On the flipside, there are lots of families who adopt with great results and some people would never even be able to tell that the child was adopted. These are amongst the fortunate adoptees as dozens of horriffic cases are reported daily.
Tonight we want to speak on these cases and try to grasp the concept of what it's like to be an adoptee and what it's like to be a foster parent. So we welcome you to join us in another discussion here at It's Real Talk Radio. You can call the live show by dialing (347) 838-9540 and air time is 9PM EST.
Tune into the Every Woman Talk Show as our ladies will have a open discussion about abdoption and foster care in America.
Tune in each week to listen to the latest foster care news, information, resources,and GREAT guests in foster care today. Join show host Dr. John DeGarmo, leading foster care expert, and foster parent, as he shares information on how to take care of children in foster care.
Foster care is tough on kids, but that doesn’t necessarily mean it is easy to transition to adoption. What can you do to make this move easier. Our guests will be Kim Phagan-Hansel, editor of Fostering Families Today magazine and The Foster Parenting Toolbox; and Madeleine Krebs, Clinical Coordinator at the Center for Adoption Support and Education with over 35 years of experience providing psychotherapy for families with foster and adopted children. foster care adoption, adopting from foster care, foster-adopt
If you've ever wondered what it's like to foster or adopt a child, this is the show for you. Tom Stevens, LPC-S, RPT-S welcomes featured guest Lisa Johnson as she talks about her experience being a foster and adoptive parent, and what it's REALY like in day to day life. Lisa and her husband have 3 biological children, 1 adopted child, and are also active foster parents.
Call in on your cell phone at (347)838-9737 if you have questions about fostering and adoption, or would like to share your own experience as a foster or adoptive parent.
Raising children who have been abused or neglected is different from raising children who have not experienced trauma. Host Dawn Davenport will interview Dr. Karyn Purvis, author of The Connected Child and Director of the Institute of Child Development at Texas Christian University, about how abuse, neglect and institutionalization affects children in the short term and long term, and what parenting techniques work for these children from hard places.
Blog summary of the show and highlights can be found here:
Blog summary of the show
More Creating a Family resources on attachment can be found here.
Join Host Live Chats
- Straitway (21 chatters)
- Tha Boxing Voice Radio Show (20 chatters)
- SpeakEasy Cafe (14 chatters)
- The Portal (13 chatters)
- Lets talkXXXGod is not Religious (13 chatters)
- Trunews Radio (13 chatters)
- Monster X Radio1 (7 chatters)
- Its Real Talk Live (6 chatters)
- Living Astrology (5 chatters)
- RevBarbara (4 chatters)
- The Hereafter Is Now Network (4 chatters)
- The Wacko Network (4 chatters)
- The Wake Up Mission (3 chatters)
- AirAmarteifioRadio (3 chatters)
- Audrey Russo (3 chatters)
- The Tailgate Show (3 chatters)
- Conservative Report (2 chatters)
- Crs Radio Caribbean Radio Show (2 chatters)
- CTKRMinistries (2 chatters)
- DYNASTY NETWORK 1382 (2 chatters)
- JASmius (2 chatters)
- MyViewMatters (2 chatters)
- Omega Man (2 chatters)
- The War Room (2 chatters)
- The Wheat Report (2 chatters)
- TheLegacyOfANation (2 chatters)
- The Russell Reed Show (2 chatters)
- Salvation In Jesus Ministry (2 chatters)
- Radio by Renford (2 chatters)
- Raising The Roof Media (2 chatters)
- LyricalForte (1 chatters)
- Robert Cardoza Live (1 chatters)
- Out Of A Pure Heart (1 chatters)
- LA Batchelor (1 chatters)
- Life Conversations (1 chatters)
- Edge Talk Radio (1 chatters)
- Everything Kathy B (1 chatters)
- FootballGameplan (1 chatters)
- Yuen Method Talk Radio (1 chatters)