SORT BY Relevancy
Discussion will include the paradox between Hours of Service, Truck Driver Fatigue, and waking up of professional drivers by law enforcement during their FMCSA mandatory 10 hour break period.
As The FMCSA continues to strive for greater highway safety within the trucking industry, many times by the addition of new rules and regulations, the main focus in combating truck driver fatigue should be allowing drivers to sleep when tired. According to the 2013 Truck Parking Survey results, drivers reported that their rest was being interrupted by state law officials on a regular basis.
Our guests are Kenny Capell, and Martin Hill, founder of the Don't Wake Me Up Organization. Having been awaken from the sleeper berth at a Georgia scale by LE officials demanding to see his ID, Mr. Capell stood by the 4th Amendment,and refused. Filing a 42 U.S.C. Section 1983 Federal Civil Rights lawsuit against the troopers, he has a court date set for August 11th, 2014.
Mr. Capell and Mr. Hill will share the full story and why they believe it to be a direct violation of trucker's rights.
For our show this evening it is Open Forum to "Anything Trucking".
From Truck Driver Health, Sleep Apnea, Improving Driver Image, Truck Idling, Not allowed to park at shippers and receivers, The 14 hour clock, the FMCSA, Detention Time, Wages, Fuel Taxes, Best Trucking Event/Show, Are Truckers Safe Drivers? CSA scores, truckers and brokers . . .
Just a few topics to start with, but all Trucking Topics are open for discussion...
We will also have a special announcement to make during the broadcast ...
Join the Chat Room for our free Tony Justice Music CD Giveaway. So far 6 CD's have been given away via the chat room.
Call in number: 347-826-9170
As truck drivers gear up for the new hours of service proposal by the FMCSA, the trucking industry is wasting no time in voicing their disapproval. Our special guest, Richard Wilson, regulatory manager for Trans Products & Tran Services, a motor carrier and safety compliance company, will give us a run down on what the proposed change in the HOS rule could mean for drivers and the industry.
Truth About Trucking’s Open Forum let’s you pick the topics, and there is no shortage of topics to go around this week.
In the past few weeks hot topics include: Amendment for the 34 hour Restart provision, followed by FMCSA Administrator Anne Ferro’s infamous blog post, Maxim Magazine “serial killer” ad targeted towards truck drivers, OOIDA’s call for Anne Ferro’s resignation and the tragic Walmart accident resulting in death and injury, ultimately calling for more driver regulations from safety advocates, celebrities, government officials, and the media.
Have something to say or further add to the topics of discussion? Join us 6PM ET and Join the Chat Room on your smart phone or computer.
We will be giving away 2 Tony Justice CD’s and 2 Essante Organics gifts in the Chat Room as well.
You can also listen through your phone by calling in to the show via: 347-826-9170.
Featured Musical Artist: Brad James - "DETENTION TIME"
Come join the conversation!
On May 21st, 2014 all Interstate Commercial Drivers and Motor Carriers will be required to begin using an examiner listed in the National Registry Of Certified Medical Examiners (NRCME) to obtain or renew their Medical Examiner's Certificate.
As a new program from the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA), it will require all physicans who perform physical examinations on CDL drivers to be trained and certified on the FMCSA standards, guidelines and regulations according to 49 CFR §391.41 (Physical Qualifications for Drivers).
The requirements are found in part §391.41 and §391.43 and the FMCSA has stated that they are on target for reaching its goal of 40,000 Certified Medical Examiners (CME) by the compliance date.
Elaine M. Papp, RN, MSN, COHN-S CM, Division Chief for the FMCSA Office of Medical Programs joins us as our special guest to discuss what the new program will mean for CDL drivers and motor carriers.
SPECIAL TIME ~ 1:00 PM Eastern
Guest: Elaine M. Papp RN, MSN, COHN-S
FMCSA Division Chief of Physical Qualifications
U.S. Department of Transportation
Federal Motor Carriers Safety Administration
Being healthy and remaining healthy as a professional driver is a challenge when shipper/receiver schedules often dictate how much time can be spent on personal care.
The job of the truck driver means operating equipment safely and this includes your body.
Join us at a special time with our guest Elaine Papp of the FMCSA to discuss driver concerns on driver wellness topics and share ideas about staying healthy on the road.
The FMCSA is looking toward the future of safety through their 2011-2016 Strategic Plan; a five year plan designed to raise the safety bar within the U.S. trucking industry. Rich Wilson, Safety & Regulatory Manager, Consultant & Trainer with Trans Products & Trans Services, returns as our special guest to discuss the FMCSA Strategic Plan, what it means to the professional truck driver and most importantly, how drivers can become individually involved in the FMCSA regulatory decision-making process by sharing their voice through the Governmental social media sites.
Are you ready to talk trucking? Some of the hottest topics such as Truck Driver Health, Fuel Efficiency technology and research, Forced Dispatch and CDL Training Standards are all on the table for our open forum, or whatever is on your mind to discuss.
In addition, the FMCSA has published a notice requesting comments as it relates to CDL Training, so join us "LIVE" as we open up the lines to talk about anything trucking.
What's on your mind?
James Lamb is President of the Association of Independent Property Brokers and Agents (AIPBA) and a former New York State Department of Transportation Motor Carrier Investigator.
Included in the Highway Bill, known as MAP-21 that was passed in 2012, is the act to raise the broker bond to $75,000. James Lamb has been fighting the act since day one.
Mr. Lamb submitted a 10-page exemption request to the FMCSA that would relieve all property brokers and freight forwarders from the $75,000 bond provision within the trucking industry.
The FMCSA accepted comments to the request which recently ended on January 26, 2014 and the AIPBA continues its work to have the bond repealed. Will the FMCSA override the requirement in accordance with their lawful exemption authority duly granted to them by Congress?
Mr. Lamb joins us as our special guest to share their accomplishments and to bring us all up-to-date on the broker bond issue.
It's your chance to speak up and share your thoughts about trucking: Regulations, Sleep Apnea, CSA ( including the recent report by GAO ) The Highway Bill, Driver Pay, Driver Health, Recruiting Tactics, Whistleblowing, or even the infamous Truck Driver Shortage.
Richard Wilson from TCRG consulting attended the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration’s Motor Carrier Safety Advisory Committee (MCSAC) meeting. Feb 10-12th in in Alexandria, Va.
Richard is known for actively addressing government issues that affect professional drivers and the trucking industry. He'll be joining us tonight as he shares what drivers can expect from FMCSA in 2014.
Whatever it is....let's talk about it. Come join the conversation . . .
Join Host Live Chats
- Hagmann and Hagmann Report (466 chatters)
- John Baptist (60 chatters)
- Phoenix3333 (32 chatters)
- Talk Real Solutions (27 chatters)
- thelordshour (23 chatters)
- Curious Times (20 chatters)
- WGAG Radio (17 chatters)
- wheresobamasbirthcertificateXcom (15 chatters)
- canadianglen (15 chatters)
- DynastySoundtrack (14 chatters)
- Leslie Draper (14 chatters)
- Dead Air Paranormal Radio (14 chatters)
- FUTURE OF MENTELLECT RADIO (14 chatters)
- Yo Momma Black (13 chatters)
- Get Real LOL uncensored reality tv (12 chatters)
- Greg Kellogg (11 chatters)
- BFD Fantasy Football (10 chatters)
- 12kyle (9 chatters)
- African History Ntwk (9 chatters)
- Coach Khayr (9 chatters)
- Cardboard Connection Radio (8 chatters)
- Canadian Motocross Weekly (8 chatters)
- High Frequency Radio Network (8 chatters)
- ISoMH Educational Network (7 chatters)
- Jennifer Hough (7 chatters)
- Michael Bonner (7 chatters)
- Ed Ymiah Gospel Revealed (7 chatters)
- RaptureCentric101 (7 chatters)
- ViktorAurelius (6 chatters)
- Dave in the City (6 chatters)
- BacktoBasicsRadio (6 chatters)
- Bay Bridge Sports Hub (6 chatters)
- MASTERTEACHER33 (6 chatters)
- Ms KiKi (6 chatters)
- Dr Rick Wallace Ph D (6 chatters)
- Feldman World Group (5 chatters)
- Omega Man Channel 2 (5 chatters)
- Minn4Freedom (5 chatters)
- Moorish Science Radio (5 chatters)
- Juneau Xena (5 chatters)
- Bamabird29 (5 chatters)
- Bards Logic Political Talk (5 chatters)
- David and Wes (5 chatters)
- Beyond the Airwaves TIP (5 chatters)
- Welcome to Docradio Network (5 chatters)
- Revelation Radio Network (5 chatters)
- teamgrindhard (5 chatters)
- SURN Host (4 chatters)
- The Psychic Viewpoint (4 chatters)
- thedean (4 chatters)
- Pagans Tonight Radio (4 chatters)
- Brain Injury Radio (4 chatters)
- Crs Radio Caribbean Radio Show (4 chatters)
- Andrea Shea King (4 chatters)
- Journey Into Light (4 chatters)
- Be The Light Now (3 chatters)
- BeverlyD (3 chatters)
- Bleed Blue Show (3 chatters)
- churchfolk (3 chatters)
- DDP Radio (3 chatters)
- TheLegacyOfANation (3 chatters)
- Universal Radio (3 chatters)
- Swaggercountdown (3 chatters)
- The Blue Corner (2 chatters)
- SIXEYES RADIO (2 chatters)
- Soul Empowerment Radio (2 chatters)
- Top Star Hip Hop Radio (2 chatters)
- Trunews Radio (2 chatters)
- The Mirror Show (2 chatters)
- The NTuned Show (2 chatters)
- Xclusive Jamz Nation (2 chatters)
- Contending 4 Truth Radio (2 chatters)
- Big Brother After Show (2 chatters)
- AndreaMiller0 (2 chatters)
- AlimBey (2 chatters)
- AmericanMuslim360 (2 chatters)
- HHIII and LeeCrowe (2 chatters)
- FreedomizerRadio (2 chatters)
- manofgod7 (2 chatters)
- New Spirit Radio Show (2 chatters)
- Ordinarywmn (2 chatters)
- Political T and T (1 chatters)
- PwtorchEastCoastCast (1 chatters)
- Omega Man (1 chatters)
- Opulent Network (1 chatters)
- Marti Oakley (1 chatters)
- KAS1 (1 chatters)
- Lifeline with Cindy Sommer (1 chatters)
- Fellowship of Deliverance (1 chatters)
- Field Afrikan Radio (1 chatters)
- Dragon vs Dragon (1 chatters)
- HME Network (1 chatters)
- Bill Murray (1 chatters)
- Body of Christ (1 chatters)
- BBQSuperStars (1 chatters)
- CRYPTOLOGIC (1 chatters)
- Emotion Code Healing (1 chatters)
- fairtax4ca (1 chatters)
- The Ron and Don Show (1 chatters)
- The URC Show (1 chatters)
- The Vent Man (1 chatters)
- The Wake Up Mission (1 chatters)
- URN Radio Network (1 chatters)
- USA Emergency Broadcasting Network (1 chatters)
- WTLC Talk Radio (1 chatters)
- Star Nations Radio Network (1 chatters)
- SOUL 1 RADIO (1 chatters)
- RFB Radio WOW (1 chatters)
- RLwRT (1 chatters)
- RotoExpertsXcom FantasySports Show (1 chatters)
- SecularTalkRadio (1 chatters)
- The Curtner And Kerr Radio Show (1 chatters)
- The Larry Love Show (1 chatters)
- The Literary Corner (1 chatters)
- Talk2Q (1 chatters)