SORT BY Relevancy
Could a chance (or not chance) meeting in Miami finally lead to the mega fight the world has been waiting for between Floyd Mayweather and Manny Pacquiao? All indications today seem to point that way.
Chris Mannix of SI.com tweeted, “@ChrisMannixSI: Hearing optimism from both sides that a Mayweather-Pacquiao deal could get done soon. From what I’m hearing, hard to see it falling apart.”
Mayweather was due to fly to Australia this week, but that trip was halted until next week for whatever reason. According to Lance Pugmire of the La Times, Pacquiao is in the United States until at least February 6th. Per Pugmire, “@latimespugmire: Sounds like @MannyPacquiao will be in US until at least Feb. 6. He’s planning to attend National Prayer Breakfast in DC next week.”
Even more hopeful news Arum told the New York Post that he expects a deal to be done within the next few days.
“Everybody is doing the right thing,” Arum told the Post on Friday. “We’re looking to complete the paperwork. Everything is moving in the right direction. Hopefully, the next couple of days it will get done.”
According to the report, the major issues are being hammered out, now all that’s left is the HBO and Showtime portion of the fight.
“The issues are being narrowed down to extraordinarily small points,” Arum said. “I’m optimistic it will all be put together in the next couple of days.”
Arum feels the chance meeting helped move the fight along.
“I think it helped a lot because we were all putting papers together, and there was still a question as to whether Floyd really wanted to do the fight or not,” Arum said. “Based on the meeting with Pacquiao in the hotel suite, Manny and [Pacquiao adviser] Michael Koncz were convinced Floyd absolutely wants to do the fight.”
It's has come to the publics attention that Floyd Mayweather has refused to agree to a $5 million penalty if either fighter were to fail a drug test either before or after the May 2nd fight. Manny Pacquaio is the one who requested for this fine to be included in the contract. The problem is that the contract has already been signed by both parties. However, there is a separate agreement that the United States Anti-Doping Agency will be overseeing random blood and urine testing for both fighters, terms for a substantial fine in the event of a dirty test are still being discussed. If neither fighter have anything to hide, thena agreement shouldn't be hard to come by. Even with that said, it should've been included in the original contract to avoid any outside negotiations.
Discussing the upcoming Floyd Mayweather-Manny Pacquiao fight with Chris Loupe and The Yard/HBCU Sports' own Duane Nash.
Items to be discussed:
Is the fight five years too late?
Will you watch the fight?
Who ya got: Floyd or Manny?
Is Floyd "Money" Mayweather deathly afraid of stepping into the boxing ring with Manny Pacquiao or not?
Here we have a man in Floyd that has been in the ring with the best and dominated future hall of famers and has never lost a fight, yet, for the last few years since the public has been demanding that he face Manny Pacquiao they are now saying that Floyd is terrified to face Manny once and for all.
But what is the real truth behind these accusations and what makes Manny Pacquiao the monster of an opponent that his fans make him out to be?
His knockout loss to Mayweather victim Juan Manual Marquez is still a visual that haunts even his most die-hard fans as his recent inability to secure a knockout victory even over sub-par competition like Chris Algieri has done nothing else but to support the fact that Manny Pacquiao's best days are behind him.
But yet and still, Floyd Mayweather is afraid.
So answer the question: Is Floyd "Money" Mayweather truly afraid of Manny Pacquiao?
Let's let it all hang out as far as your opinions on this topic goes and at least back up your explanations with FACTS and not simple useless chatter.
This week Victor and Jerry discuss why the NFL has moved toward a veteran combine and where will a lot of the free agents go. Ronda Roussey vs Kat Zigano happens tonight and the two will discuss it. Also discuss why Floyd Mayweather can't stay out of trouble and why his upcoming fight with Manny Pacquiia has been canceled/delayed. The two will also go over a little fantasy baseball.
Now that Floyd Mayweather vs Manny Pacquiao has been announced, what exactly will be the subject we fall back on to whine about every week? We'll find something. In the meantime, they did indeed sign to fight. So this week on TQBR Radio, James Foley of Bad Left Hook and The Queensberry Rules' Patrick Connor will talk about the #MayweatherPacquiao fight with an actual serious tone. Also important, Gennady Golovkin wrecked Martin Murray last weekend in Monte Carlo, so expect some hyperbole and more about that. Thanks for tuning in!
Tonight at 9PM ET/6PM PT, FightSaga Radio Network presents a special "Trainer Rivalry" edition of "The Sweet Science with James Gogue"!!
The three decade fight trainer will discuss the ongoing war between the two heralded, May 2nd fight trainers, Freddie Roach and Floyd Mayweather Sr.
- Can Freddie's handpicked sparring partners genuinely replicate Floyd Jr.'s fight style?
- Is Roach correct when he insists that Roger is a better trainer than Floyd Sr.?
- Who will have the better fighter on May 2nd?
The Gogue will also offer fight fans an in-depth preview of this Saturday night's action on NBC, with "Strengths & Weaknesses", as well as "Keys to Victory" for all competing fighters!!
- Keith Thurman vs. Robert Guerrero
- Adrien Broner vs. John Molina Jr.
James will also examine Carl Frampton's plight for super stardom within the 122 pound weight division.
- The Jackal vs. El Chacal
- Frampton vs. Santa Cruz
- Carl vs. Scott Quigg
Tune in to another enlightening episode of "The Sweet Science with James Gogue"!!
TONIGHT, AT 10:30PM EST., HERE ON DELICIOUS TALK RADIO,THE SEGMENT BRINGING SEXY BACK, WE WELCOME OUR SPECIAL GUEST, AUTHOR,PUBLISHER,POET,GRAPHIC DESIGNER AND FATHER, ANTWAN FLOYD.WE WILL DISCUSS HIS JOURNEY THROUGH THE LITERAY WORLD, AND A LITTLE OF HIS PERSONAL LIFE.I ENCOURAGE AUDIENCE PARTICIPATION, FEEL FREE TO CALL IN WITH YOUR QUESTIONS AND COMMENTS AT # 646-652-2877. YOU DON'T WANT TO MISS THIS SHOW.
Tonight, February 24th, at 9PM ET/6PM PT, FightSaga Radio Network presents another very special conversation with elite level trainer Ronnie Shields!!
The expert boxing coach will share his thoughts on the upcoming super fight between Floyd Mayweather Jr. and Manny Pacquiao!!
- at 38 year of age, is Floyd showing any signs of slowing down?
- how does a win or loss affect Mayweather's legacy?
- is two months enough time to prepare for Manny Pacquiao?
- does Floyd fight past 2015?
- Will Mayweather's promotional duties hinder his training camp?
Coach Ronnie will also share his always candid thoughts on the upcoming bouts on the March boxing calendar
- Roy Jones Jr. vs. Willie Williams, March 6th, off TV
- Keith Thurman vs. Robert Guerrero, March 7th, NBC
- Adrien Broner vs. John Molina Jr., March 7th, NBC
- Amnat Ruenroeng vs. Zou Shiming, March 7th, HBO 2
- Glen Tapia vs. Daniel Dawson, March 7th, HBO 2
- Francisco Vargas vs. Will Tomlinson, March 12th, HBO Latino
- Andre Berto vs. Josesito Lopez, March 13th, Spike TV
- Shawn Porter vs. Roberto Garcia, March 13th, Spike TV
- Sergey Kovalev vs. Jean Pascal, March 14th, HBO
- Vyacheslav Glazgov vs. Steve Cunningham, March 14th, HBO
Join us for another packed edition of "Real Boxing with Ronnie Shields", exclusively on FightSaga Radio!!
Recap of Cops Brutally Beating Floyd Dent in Inkster, MI
Fighting back tears, a Detroit man and longtime auto worker with no criminal history, described how Inkster police officers dragged him from his car one night in January, choked him, beat him and Tasered him during a traffic stop that was caught on patrol car video.
"He was beating me upside the head," Floyd Dent, 57, told a horde of reporters and TV crews during a press conference at his attorney's office Wednesday afternoon, as tears trickled his cheeks. "I was trying to protect my face with my right arm. I heard one of them say, 'tase the M...F. '"
The Jan. 28 incident was caught on police video cameras and is making national news. It shows Inkster police pulling over Dent in his 2011 tan Cadillac near South River Park Drive and Inkster Drive shortly before 10 p.m. The two officers approach with their guns drawn. As Dent opens the door, they pull him out and shove him to the ground. Dent does not appear in the video to be resisting arrest.
As he is on the ground, a police officer later identified as William Melendez has him in a choke hold, and is repeatedly pounding him on his head. A second officer is attempting to handcuff him behind his back, but Dent has his right arm up, trying to protect his face and head against Melendez.
Another officer arrives and kicks him, and then another officer Tasers Dent in the thigh and stomach as he is handcuffed. Dent, who has worked for Ford for 37 years, said he was hospitalized for two days for injuries to his face and head.
Join Host Live Chats
- John Baptist (72 chatters)
- Straitway (20 chatters)
- thelordshour (18 chatters)
- Monster X Radio1 (13 chatters)
- Well Armed Radio (12 chatters)
- Pine Ridge Warriors (11 chatters)
- Bigfoot Ground Zero (11 chatters)
- Lets talkXGod is not Religious (10 chatters)
- RaptureCentric101 (10 chatters)
- The Psychic Viewpoint (9 chatters)
- NDB Media (8 chatters)
- Its Real Talk Live (7 chatters)
- The NIGGA CHURCH (7 chatters)
- Donny C (6 chatters)
- Mystical Awakenings Radio (6 chatters)
- OPWR (5 chatters)
- Seed Dropper Nation (5 chatters)
- MASTERTEACHER33 (4 chatters)
- Papa CE (4 chatters)
- Bill Murray (4 chatters)
- The Hereafter Is Now Network (4 chatters)
- The Ringing Stone Network (3 chatters)
- Witch School (3 chatters)
- BBQSuperStars (3 chatters)
- Radio Jihad Network (3 chatters)
- Sport City Chefs (2 chatters)
- onCUE Radio Show (2 chatters)
- PRN Positive Radio Network (2 chatters)
- Marlin Family Live (2 chatters)
- African On The Move (2 chatters)
- 2TheNcreaseofKnowledgeTruth (2 chatters)
- BLACK SATIN RADIO LIVE (2 chatters)
- JADE Radio Network (2 chatters)
- Kardec Radio (2 chatters)
- The Marching Podcast (2 chatters)
- Tarvino (1 chatters)
- The George Wilder Jr Show (1 chatters)
- Top Star Hip Hop Radio (1 chatters)
- Louis Teverini and Freddy Doll (1 chatters)
- GRAYMAN (1 chatters)
- HONEY DRIP RADIO (1 chatters)
- A New Day 4 Al Islam (1 chatters)
- Dominick Calvitto (1 chatters)
- Paranormal Frequencies (1 chatters)
- ParaTruth Radio (1 chatters)
- BLIF NETWORK (0 chatters)