SORT BY Relevancy
In Episode 73 of Fireside Chat, we open the show by addressing last Wednesday's EPIC (but not entirely unexpected) news: Sam Claflin was cast as Finnick Odair! Finally, after over a MONTH of rumors and speculation, it's now official! Finnick Watch 2012 has officially ended and Hunger Games history has been made. We share our opinions of Sam and this casting decision and also talk about what fan reactions have been like thus far. After getting all of our Sam/Finnick feelings out, we revisit the non-exclusive DVD/Blu-ray special features and discuss them all in-depth now that everyone has had a chance to watch them. NEXT week, on Episode 74, we'll take a look at the special features that can only be found on the Target, Walmart, and iTunes editions of the movie. We cap off the show by pulling a few fun topics and questions out of our topic cornucopia!
After young Katniss Everdeen agrees to be the symbol of rebellion, the Mockingjay, she tries to return Peeta to his normal state, tries to get to the Capitol, and tries to deal with the battles coming her way...but all for her main goal; assassinating President Snow and returning peace to the Districts of Panem. As her squad starts to get smaller and smaller, will she make it to the Capitol? Will she get revenge on Snow? Or will her target change?
In Episode 56 of Fireside Chat, we kick off our Catching Fire casting series by talking all about the famous Finnick Odair! We discuss fan favorites, our favorites, your favorites, and the qualities that we think our future Finnick MUST possess. Additionally, we bring back Pick a Page and chat about a ranomly selected page from Catching Fire. To conclude, we debate the validity of a Finnick-centric Crackpot Theory. Want a sugar cube?
After over a year of waiting, Catching Fire is out for the world to see! We spend Episode 130 discussing the film in-depth: What did we like? What didn't we like? What book-to-movie changes did we especially enjoy? Etc. Spoilers abound, of course, so if you have not yet seen Catching Fire, you may want to wait to listen to this one. If you have any specific talking points that you think we should address, just leave a comment over on our site. We also look at the sequel's box office performance thus far.
Catching Fire Week is finally here! Can you believe it? We certainly can't! We'll be seeing Catching Fire on Monday, November 18, which is why this episode has been scheduled for the following night (Tuesday the 19th). We'll spend the entirety of Episode 129 offering up as spoiler-free a review as possible, sharing our initial impressions and reactions and letting you know what to expect! If you have any specific questions about the film that you'd like us to answer during Episode 129, just leave a comment over on our website. Please keep in mind that we do want to keep this review spoiler-free, so don't ask anything too detailed!
In Episode 93 of Fireside Chat, we kick things off by sharing some of your comments about the Entertainment Weekly cover and Catching Fire stills. Ellie from Down with the Capitol fills us in on her experience as an audience member during Jennifer Lawrence's episode of Saturday Night Live. She also makes a special announcement about Victory Tour 2013. We then discuss the news that Jennifer Lawrence shared in a recent interview with the Belfast Telegraph: There's still more Catching Fire filming to be done! Principal photography will apparently continue and then officially wrap sometime in March. We also talk about the surprising announcement that On Location Vacations made on Friday, January 25, about Catching Fire filming for two days in Ringwood State Park, NJ. Why New Jersey? And why now? We share our thoughts! In light of several recent discussions surrounding the release of the Entertainment Weekly cover, we attempt to answer the question: Why is Finnick such an important character? We also speculate about how Effie's character might be changed for the films. At 10:45pm ET, we are joined by Valerie Estelle Frankel, author of Katniss the Cattail: An Unauthorized Guide to Names and Symbols in Suzanne Collins' The Hunger Games. If you have any questions for Valerie, leave a comment on our website.
It's time to go unscripted again! As with all our "Unscripted" episodes, we have no plan or agenda in place for Episode 110. Instead, we spend the whole evening pulling all sorts of listener-submitted topics out of our grab bag. Feel free to leave a comment over on our website or tweet us if you have a topic you'd like to submit for us to add to our "topic cornucopia"! Also, at the start of the show, we chat with the incredibly talented Jessica from Down with the Capitol about the Hunger Games musical she's been developing for the last year or so: From Nightmares to Nightlock. Update: A list of the topics we pulled appears below! - Are you pleased so far with Francis Lawrence's directing (taking into consideration what we've seen so far)? - Were there more Hunger Games with Paylor as president? - Do you think, from the knowledge of survival you garnered from reading the trilogy, that you could survive for three nights in the forest? - How long do you think the Catching Fire movie will be? How much time do you think will be devoted to each "segment" of the film? - Do you think Prim's death was necessary? Or was it just to make the choice easier for Katniss? - Would you rather be able to reread and experience the trilogy again for the "first time," or give that opportunity to others by telling your friends about the trilogy? - Did Snow/the Gamemakers orchestrate Annie's win after Finnick finally agreed to do something for them?
In Episode 95 of Fireside Chat, we go "Unscripted"! We haven't done a fully unscripted show since Halloween, so we're very excited to have some unpredictable and off-the-cuff fun. As with all our "Unscripted" shows, we have no set plan or agenda in place for Episode 95. We do, however, have a grab bag full of listener-submitted questions, discussion topics, Crackpot Theories, What Ifs?, Would You Rathers?, and Cave/Marry/Kills. We choose topics from the grab bag (or "topic cornucopia") at random and discuss, debate, and speculate! Update: Below you'll find a list of all the topics we pulled out of the grab bag! Thanks to everyone who has submitted topics over the last year or so.
- From Allison: Did District 13 become a "valid" district again after the rebellion? Did it stay underground? - From Tess: Do you think that they'd celebrate Halloween in the districts? Or would it be a purely Capitol affair? And if so, what costumes do you think they'd have? Dead tributes or victors maybe (for in the Capitol)? (This led to a discussion on holidays and religion in Panem.) - Crackpot Theory from Stephanie: Seneca Crane and Johanna Mason were romantically involved. - Survival Challenge: Which of the following can kill you? (a) frostbite (b) sunburn (c) hypothermia - From Ysa: What if Haymitch and Plutarch were able to save both Peeta and Katniss from the arena? - If you could ask Suzanne Collins ONE question about the series, what would it be? - Cave, Marry, Kill: Plutarch Heavensbee, Seneca Crane, Beetee
It's time for another unscripted episode of Hunger Games Fireside Chat! We have no set plan in place for Episode 105. We do, however, have a "topic cornucopia" teeming with listener-submitted questions, discussion topics, Crackpot Theories, What Ifs?, etc. Update: A list of the topics we pulled appears below.
- Banan: When is the new trailer coming out? - Satsuma: Did the Capitol doctors choose not to save Peeta's leg in order to punish him? - Do you think Peeta was the same after he recovered from being hijacked? - Matilda: What happened to Beetee, Johanna, Enobaria, Annie, etc., after Coin's assassination? - Crackpot Theory: Gale only existed in Katniss's mind. - What if Peeta had been killed at the Cornucopia? - Nicole: What if Gale had been reaped instead of Peeta? - Ashley B.: In the book, [Finnick's death] was so rushed. What if in the movie they made him die in a different way or took out his death altogether? - Crackpot Theory (from Lola): Did District 13 bomb District 8 in order to make a good propo? - Maura: How did Plutarch, who in Mockingjay is on the side of the rebellion and working with District 13, become the new Head Gamemaker? - Gregory: What inspired Suzanne Collins to base the arena off of a clock? - Crackpot Theory: Cinna is alive.
In Episode 68 of Fireside Chat, we kick things off by recapping the 2012 Teen Choice Awards, which aired on Sunday night. How did The Hunger Games fare? Next, we welcome the amazing Amanda Plummer to the cast! We learned last Tuesday that Amanda will be playing Wiress, and we couldn't be more excited about this news! (We also briefly discuss Jena Malone, who we learned has been OFFICIALLY cast as Johanna -- see Episode 66 for a full discussion of Jena). We then turn our attention to Sam Claflin, who is rumored to have been offered the role of Finnick Odair. Who is Sam Claflin, and why are so many fans divided when it comes to the possibility of him playing Finnick? Lastly, we chat with YouTuber extraordinaire CassJayTuck about her love of the series and a certain lovesick baker that has taken up residence in her home.
In Episode 92 of Fireside Chat, we freak out over Entertainment Weekly's 2013 preview issue, which hit stands on the 11th and gave us our very first glimpse at Catching Fire. The issue features a "first look" Catching Fire cover, seven exclusive stills/photos from the film and set, and an extensive article that includes interviews with the cast and creators. We talk about ALL OF THIS. Other topics include a brief recap of the 2013 People's Choice Awards and our thoughts on this year's Oscar nominations and why The Hunger Games didn't receive any. We would love to hear your thoughts on the EW cover, the stills, and the accompanying article, so please tweet us or leave a comment on our site sharing your opinions.
Join Host Live Chats
- John Baptist (71 chatters)
- MIKE MILLZ RADIO (42 chatters)
- Common Sense Nation (21 chatters)
- MENTELLECT RADIO (15 chatters)
- WGAG Radio (10 chatters)
- Wicked Edge (7 chatters)
- Witch School (7 chatters)
- 2D Sports Talk (6 chatters)
- Odwirafo (6 chatters)
- Rated G Radio (6 chatters)
- Theresa J Morris (6 chatters)
- The Savage and Starbuck Show (5 chatters)
- Black Afrikan Infrastructure Radio (5 chatters)
- theghettotruthMagazine (5 chatters)
- Father Teresa (4 chatters)
- Feldman World Group (4 chatters)
- Ms KiKi (3 chatters)
- Contra Radio Network (3 chatters)
- Ed Ymiah Gospel Revealed (3 chatters)
- Urban Therapy with Sun (3 chatters)
- Panther Power Chat (3 chatters)
- Soul Tree Radio X In The Raw (3 chatters)
- thelordshour (3 chatters)
- Xclusive Jamz Nation (3 chatters)
- The Advise Show (2 chatters)
- The Communicators (2 chatters)
- THEE ALMIGHTY ALLSUNDARA (2 chatters)
- Beyond the Airwaves TIP (2 chatters)
- Reppa Radio (2 chatters)
- EX3 Radio (2 chatters)
- Brain Injury Radio (2 chatters)
- Fellowship of Deliverance (2 chatters)
- God In The Midst (1 chatters)
- Hillbilly Express (1 chatters)
- JackNewtown (1 chatters)
- Bards Logic Political Talk (1 chatters)
- Culture Freedom Radio Network (1 chatters)
- URN Radio Network (1 chatters)
- Welcome to Docradio Network (1 chatters)
- THE HITZ TEAM (1 chatters)
- Powertalk with OG Mack Drama (1 chatters)
- Real1Talk1 (1 chatters)