SORT BY Relevancy
As the author of over 40 books, Pulitzer Prize nominee James Olson, Ph.D. didn't let cancer stop him from fulfilling his role in life.
It's not surprising when Dr. Olson's book, "Bathsheba's Breast: Women, Cancer, and History" received recognition from the Los Angeles Times as one of the best non-fiction books in America in 2002.
His recent book, "Making Cancer History" documents the rise of the University of Texas M.D. Anderson Cancer Center.
Victoria Alessandra Brown of The Perseus Foundation, joins us to discuss the fight against pet cancer. The Perseus Foundation is an animal cancer not for profit organization whose mission is to create a greater awareness of cancer in pets, encourage research in the field of comparative oncology; provide financial assistance to pet owners; work closely with pediatric oncology patients through their Pet&Pals program, and finally to create a hospitality house for cancer pets and humans.
It's understandable that sexuality may not be the primary focus for many cancer patients, at least not right away. Sexuality is an incredibly personal topic, and each person's experiences, feelings, and expectations are unique. But at some point, whether because of sexual changes, relationship issues, or difficulties with fertility, patients realize the impact of cancer on their sexuality. By learning about how your sexuality is likely to change and getting suggestions for healing, you become a partner and advocate in your own care.
Young women CAN and DO get breast cancer. Join us as we welcome the leadership from Young Survival Coalition (Jennifer Merschdorf, CEO and Stacey Lewis, Chief Program Officer and Deputy Chief Executive) to talk about what's being done to address this healthcare disparity and meet the underserved needs of this population. Breast cancer survivor (and former Stupid Cancer Show co-host) Lisa Bernhard in the survivor spotlight!
Dr. Francisco Contreras and Daniel Kennedy, MC join Cancer Peace Radio host Mark Burright on “50 Critical Cancer Answers.” Dr. Contreras is an integrative surgical oncologist and Daniel Kennedy is a psycho-oncology counselor. Both work at Oasis of Hope Cancer Hospital, which has treated more than 100,000 patients, and just celebrated their 50th anniversary. This exclusive interview will highlight the importance of empowering patients and families to create a positive approach to fighting cancer rather than relying solely on passive, traditional treatments, or rehashing ineffective and toxic drugs. They will also discuss current treatments, alternative medicine, and futuristic therapies, including cell specific targeted therapies.
Join ‘Stories for Life’ host Dr. Ken Weizer and his guest Ken from Santa Barbara, California. Ken was originally diagnosed with cancer the first time 13 years ago. Ken was cancer free for a number of years before being diagnosed with melanoma, and then head and neck cancer. Ken states that we all get gifts from going through cancer. Cancer is different from other illnesses.” He explains to Dr. Weizer how he was significantly “smarter,” and more intelligent since cancer. Ken is all in with this journey called cancer. He has a totally different outlook and his personality is different now. Ken said to Dr. Weizer, “we all receive different gifts, you just may not know what yours will be yet.”
Join Mark and Leanne Ernster owner of Celebrate Nutrition, a health coach and certified trainer, as they discuss how healthy eating habits and good nutrition can help patients deal with the effects of cancer and its treatment. Some cancer treatments work better when the patient is well nourished and gets enough calories and protein in the diet. Patients who are well nourished may have a better prognosis (chance of recovery) and quality of life.
Join us as we welcome the oncology rock stars behind the /take a deep breath/ Robert H. Lurie Comprehensive Cancer Center of Northwestern University’s comprehensive follow-up STAR Program for adult survivors of childhood cancer. Karen Kinahan, RN (Clinical Nurse Specialist), Kristin Smith (Fertility Preservation Patient Navigator) and long-term survivor Colleen Cira will talk about life beyond childhood cancer and progress being made to serve the more than 350,000 Americans in that space. Survivor spotlight on young adult colon cancer survivor, blogger and healthcare activist Michelle Whitehead-Hastings.
We’re proud to introduce Sheila Jones, a Team Martina captain, as our upcoming guest!
Team Martina is made up of friends and fans of country artist Martina McBride who want to participate in the fight against cancer. In 2011, team members from around the United States met for the Making Strides Against Breast Cancer walk at L.P. Field in Nashville in honor of Martina's song "I'm Gonna Love You Through It" and those battling cancer everywhere. Through matched donations by John and Martina McBride, the team raised over $22,000.
In December of 2011, the team was honored to assist with Operation Love, accompanied by Martina McBride, as a nationwide effort delivered Christmas stockings to over 1200 chemotherapy patients. The effort was replicated in 2012. In March of 2012, Team Martina organized the Taira Baughman Benefit Concert, together with Hope Matters (and other volunteers), to assist the cancer patient and her family with catastrophic medical expenses. The concert raised over $12,000. Most recently, Team Martina is partnering with the TJ Martell Foundation to raise money for the first ever Martina McBride & Team Martina Breast Cancer Grant. Listen in for the details on this ground-breaking effort, as well as other ways that Team Martina is making a world of difference in the fight against cancer.
The team is led by volunteer captains Sheila Jones of Alabama, Amy Schmidlein of Georgia, and by Tracy Weaver of Tennessee, Director of Fan Relations for Martina McBride.
Before and after the show, visit Team Martina at http://teammartina.yolasite.com/.
Dan Self, prostrate cancer survivor and his 9 year old daughter Bella interview Dr. Ken about fear after cancer diagnosis and during the cancer journey. This is a very insightful interview that we would recommend to anyone experiencing cancer as a patient, caregiver or family member. Don't miss this incredible show.
Join Mark and returning guest Christine (Keys) Long for a very inspirational show that includes Christine’s walk with Stage 4 metastasized breast cancer. Christine is a singer / songwriter and in an alternative rock band in Portland, Oregon. As she has been on this journey Christine has penned a number of songs with a dear friend about her experiences. As we talk about her cancer journey we will also listen to six of these songs that have a special meaning to Christine.
Join Host Live Chats
- Hagmann and Hagmann Report (500 chatters)
- TheThinkingAtheist (109 chatters)
- 5D Media Network (72 chatters)
- SpiritMan Joseph (69 chatters)
- thisisit4321 (53 chatters)
- SHRAonair (42 chatters)
- in5d (27 chatters)
- Omega Man (23 chatters)
- The Wacko Network (21 chatters)
- Conservative Nation Radio (18 chatters)
- ZacheryVanNorman (13 chatters)
- Pit Bulletin Legal News (12 chatters)
- CSTC Podcast Network (11 chatters)
- Barbara DeLong (11 chatters)
- Mindzmatter (10 chatters)
- Souls Eye View Too (10 chatters)
- Wolf and the bear Network (10 chatters)
- LibertyRules (9 chatters)
- K9 Sports Konnection (8 chatters)
- HOV Radio (8 chatters)
- Be The Light Now (8 chatters)
- Body of Christ (8 chatters)
- Rabbi Aryel Nachman (8 chatters)
- WKPJB 1039 The Indie Storm (8 chatters)
- thebuttterflyeffect (7 chatters)
- Random Brain Activity (7 chatters)
- PatriotResistance (7 chatters)
- SpeakingXOut (7 chatters)
- Real Talk Radio17 (6 chatters)
- Greg Kellogg (6 chatters)
- Objectively Speaking (5 chatters)
- Rick Moran (5 chatters)
- Tech Expresso Cafe (5 chatters)
- Debate Talk 4 U (5 chatters)
- EnriquePascal (5 chatters)
- The Real Time Music Network (5 chatters)
- Fins Radio (4 chatters)
- Libertys Thunder (4 chatters)
- Bill Murray (4 chatters)
- Angel Heart Radio (4 chatters)
- OPWR (4 chatters)
- NWO Truth Radio (3 chatters)
- Real Empowement Talk Live (3 chatters)
- Road to Redemption Ministries (3 chatters)
- Rundgren Radio (3 chatters)
- CharHardin (3 chatters)
- Kawakab (3 chatters)
- Living Well Talk Radio (3 chatters)
- FuRbAbY AnD FrIeNdS (3 chatters)
- GRANNY GANJA (3 chatters)
- JetNation Radio (3 chatters)
- The Nitelifer Circle of Sanity (3 chatters)
- SISTERS IN HARMONY (3 chatters)
- Twin Radio (3 chatters)
- The Madden Voice (2 chatters)
- TheLegacyOfANation (2 chatters)
- Feuersteins Fire (2 chatters)
- mashahba (2 chatters)
- Coach Khayr (2 chatters)
- DeMarco Real Talk (2 chatters)
- Electric KoolAid for the Road (2 chatters)
- A New Day 4 Al Islam (2 chatters)
- Brain Injury Radio (2 chatters)
- SAGE Radio (2 chatters)
- Robert Cardoza Live (2 chatters)
- SWBRA Radio (2 chatters)
- Taboo Fetish Talk Radio (2 chatters)
- REALCOMBATMEDIA (2 chatters)
- Revelation Radio Network (2 chatters)
- Positively Incorrect (2 chatters)
- MKSPCG (2 chatters)
- motherofsix (1 chatters)
- Ms Cyndi (1 chatters)
- Nikki Rich (1 chatters)
- Stone Soup Moving Feast (1 chatters)
- The Candy Coated Network (1 chatters)
- The Love Below (1 chatters)
- The Love Channel Show (1 chatters)
- SHM Radio (1 chatters)
- Sister LaTeta (1 chatters)
- Bull Riding Rodeo Connection (1 chatters)
- Become The Source (1 chatters)
- American Statesman (1 chatters)
- Art Bulla (1 chatters)
- Clive Hudson Master Blaster (1 chatters)
- MaxBoxing Radio (1 chatters)
- Mega Powers Radio (1 chatters)
- Malone Hype Line (1 chatters)
- Life Coach Chat Channel (1 chatters)
- Immortals Beyond the Illusion (1 chatters)
- Variety Radio Online (1 chatters)
- Vernon Moore (1 chatters)
- wayneG (1 chatters)
- Your Enlightenment Zone (1 chatters)
- Unsportsmanlike Conduct Show (0 chatters)