SORT BY Relevancy
It's understandable that sexuality may not be the primary focus for many cancer patients, at least not right away. Sexuality is an incredibly personal topic, and each person's experiences, feelings, and expectations are unique. But at some point, whether because of sexual changes, relationship issues, or difficulties with fertility, patients realize the impact of cancer on their sexuality. By learning about how your sexuality is likely to change and getting suggestions for healing, you become a partner and advocate in your own care.
Young women CAN and DO get breast cancer. Join us as we welcome the leadership from Young Survival Coalition (Jennifer Merschdorf, CEO and Stacey Lewis, Chief Program Officer and Deputy Chief Executive) to talk about what's being done to address this healthcare disparity and meet the underserved needs of this population. Breast cancer survivor (and former Stupid Cancer Show co-host) Lisa Bernhard in the survivor spotlight!
Join ‘Stories for Life’ host Dr. Ken Weizer and his guest Ken from Santa Barbara, California. Ken was originally diagnosed with cancer the first time 13 years ago. Ken was cancer free for a number of years before being diagnosed with melanoma, and then head and neck cancer. Ken states that we all get gifts from going through cancer. Cancer is different from other illnesses.” He explains to Dr. Weizer how he was significantly “smarter,” and more intelligent since cancer. Ken is all in with this journey called cancer. He has a totally different outlook and his personality is different now. Ken said to Dr. Weizer, “we all receive different gifts, you just may not know what yours will be yet.”
Join Mark and Leanne Ernster owner of Celebrate Nutrition, a health coach and certified trainer, as they discuss how healthy eating habits and good nutrition can help patients deal with the effects of cancer and its treatment. Some cancer treatments work better when the patient is well nourished and gets enough calories and protein in the diet. Patients who are well nourished may have a better prognosis (chance of recovery) and quality of life.
Dr. Francisco Contreras and Daniel Kennedy, MC join Cancer Peace Radio host Mark Burright on “50 Critical Cancer Answers.” Dr. Contreras is an integrative surgical oncologist and Daniel Kennedy is a psycho-oncology counselor. Both work at Oasis of Hope Cancer Hospital, which has treated more than 100,000 patients, and just celebrated their 50th anniversary. This exclusive interview will highlight the importance of empowering patients and families to create a positive approach to fighting cancer rather than relying solely on passive, traditional treatments, or rehashing ineffective and toxic drugs. They will also discuss current treatments, alternative medicine, and futuristic therapies, including cell specific targeted therapies.
Join us as we welcome the oncology rock stars behind the /take a deep breath/ Robert H. Lurie Comprehensive Cancer Center of Northwestern University’s comprehensive follow-up STAR Program for adult survivors of childhood cancer. Karen Kinahan, RN (Clinical Nurse Specialist), Kristin Smith (Fertility Preservation Patient Navigator) and long-term survivor Colleen Cira will talk about life beyond childhood cancer and progress being made to serve the more than 350,000 Americans in that space. Survivor spotlight on young adult colon cancer survivor, blogger and healthcare activist Michelle Whitehead-Hastings.
Dan Self, prostrate cancer survivor and his 9 year old daughter Bella interview Dr. Ken about fear after cancer diagnosis and during the cancer journey. This is a very insightful interview that we would recommend to anyone experiencing cancer as a patient, caregiver or family member. Don't miss this incredible show.
At the time of each full moon Festival, energy qualified by the constellation influencing the period flows into the range of human awareness, establishing the divine attributes in the consciousness of humanity. This spiritual inflow can be channeled in meditation into the minds and hearts of all people. The technique of meditation governs all expansions of consciousness, all registration of Plan or Purpose and the entire process of evolutionary unfoldment. In Cancer, God breathed into man's nostrils the breath of life and man became a living soul. In those words you have established the relation which exists in the mind of God between spirit (the breath of life), the soul (consciousness) and the human being (the form). As a human being passes around and around the zodiac in the ordinary manner, he continually and consciously enters into life in Cancer, the constellation under which the Law of Rebirth is applied and administered. It is not desire, basically, which prompts return. The main incentive is sacrifice and service to those lesser lives that are dependent upon the higher aspiration (which the spiritual soul can give) and the determination that they too may attain planetary status equivalent to that of the sacrificing soul. The point of greatest interest lies in the fact that it is group rebirth which is taking place all the time and that the incarnation of one individual is only incidental to this greater happening.
Could Milk Cause Prostate Cancer? Research Says Yes! Have you been diagnosed with prostate cancer?
Or has your loved one been diagnosed with prostate cancer?
Have you considered the possibility that your diet may be one of the causes of this diagnosis?
The fact is that prostate cancer is still the #1 cancer impacting the men in our lives. And there's a substantial amount of research that suggests a very strong link between milk in the diet and the development of prostate cancer.
Get the scoop on prostate cancer and milk on this week's Kick Cancer In The Can™ Weekly Quick Tip. You'll also get simple steps to protect yourself - or to overcome prostate cancer if you've already been diagnosed.
Correction: In the Physician's Health Study I stated that 1 and 1/2 servings of dairy products daily increased the risk of prostate cancer by 34%. It is actually 2 and 1/2 servings daily.
After you've listened to this quick tip, we'd love you to drop on over to our facebook page (www.facebook.com/KickCancerInTheCan), LIKE the page - and then comment on your take-away from the podcast. What change will you make in your diet? Or will you?
To ensure that you never miss a quick tip, subscribe to the tips on iTunes at: http://bit.ly/KCITCquicktips. And make sure you rate the podcasts, and leave a comment. Tel us what you like about the quick tps?
Cancer is so prevalent in the everyday news cycle. Do we grow immune? How has the media helped to shape the cancer narrative and what role does industry, journalists and the every day survivor play in being a voice for change? Join us as we welcome Allison Arden (Publisher, Ad Age & Author, The Book of Doing) and survivor Adam Baer (writer, humorist, musician) for a conversation around this very issue. Survivor spotlight in Matt Klein( Director, Biz Dev at Elite Marketing Group)
Ionized Alkaline Water: Do We Need It To Prevent Or Overcome Cancer - And/Or Simply To Get And Stay Healthy? I get at least 5 questions a week asking about alkaline water, and in specific, ionized alkaline water. So I realized that I had to get off the fence and share my perspective, based on more than 5 decades of global travel and research. As well as living with many healthy, long living cultures along the way. You may be very surprised by my answer to this question.
You know how we're always told to follow and copy the people who have what we want and don't have? Usually we're referring to business-related situations and goals. But this philosophy can most definitely be applied to health. On tonight's Kick Cancer In The Can™ Weekly Quick Tip, I challenge you to really examine the habits and practices of the Blue Zone Centenarians...and just do what they are doing! Lots of great info packed into less than 10 minutes!
Your input, comments, questions, and suggestions are what make these podcasts possible. Without you, they would not exist. So remember to drop on over to our dedicated Facebook page at: http://www.facebook.com/KickCancerInTheCan, LIKE the page and add your valuable comments and questions.
And to insure that you never miss a weekly quick tip, just head over to http://bit.ly/KCITCExpertSeries and Subscribe, then rate the shows, add a comment, and share the podcasts with everyone you love. Thanks so much!
Join Host Live Chats
- Hagmann and Hagmann Report (500 chatters)
- AVoiceforMen (105 chatters)
- Channel Panel (61 chatters)
- African History Ntwk (36 chatters)
- The Oracle Speaks (34 chatters)
- in5d (32 chatters)
- Omega Man (29 chatters)
- JohnMcTernan (20 chatters)
- Occult Science Radio (20 chatters)
- thelordshour (17 chatters)
- Namaste Farms (16 chatters)
- Contending 4 Truth Radio (15 chatters)
- Debate Talk 4 U (15 chatters)
- 5D Media Network (14 chatters)
- Andrea Shea King (14 chatters)
- Journey Into Light (14 chatters)
- BerniceBennett (13 chatters)
- Minsotagirl (12 chatters)
- Indy Showcase Radio (12 chatters)
- BITEradio me (11 chatters)
- Sister LaTeta (9 chatters)
- SpeakEasy Cafe (8 chatters)
- PlanetGreenTrees (8 chatters)
- THE WATCHMEN ON THE WALL (8 chatters)
- Star Nations Radio Network (8 chatters)
- allietheissshow (8 chatters)
- Dead Air Paranormal Radio (7 chatters)
- It Matters Radio (7 chatters)
- Matty Ps Radio Happy Hour (6 chatters)
- FRNARadio (6 chatters)
- Radio Jihad Network (6 chatters)
- Shifting Times Radio (5 chatters)
- Open Talk with Les Jackson (5 chatters)
- Packers Talk Radio Network (5 chatters)
- Tarhaka (5 chatters)
- The Axiom Radio Program (5 chatters)
- We Built That Network (5 chatters)
- Word On The Water1 (5 chatters)
- HONEY DRIP RADIO (5 chatters)
- New Colony Network (5 chatters)
- MR MAGGOT (5 chatters)
- Diane Grimble Ministries LIVE (5 chatters)
- Erotic Talk Radio (5 chatters)
- CharHardin (5 chatters)
- Brain Injury Radio (4 chatters)
- Brooklyn GOP Radio (4 chatters)
- Omega Ministry Group (4 chatters)
- Kate Large (4 chatters)
- Healing Light Radio (4 chatters)
- Fan vs Fan Radio Network (4 chatters)
- Wicked Edge (4 chatters)
- Twin Radio (4 chatters)
- Stone Soup Moving Feast (4 chatters)
- The Wheel Men (4 chatters)
- TheExceptionalConservativeShow (3 chatters)
- TheLegacyOfANation (3 chatters)
- Totally Driven Radio Network (3 chatters)
- Radio Akasha (3 chatters)
- Ryleigh Black (3 chatters)
- Rapid Radio Network (3 chatters)
- The Unexplained Investigators (3 chatters)
- First Love Radio (3 chatters)
- GRANNY GANJA (3 chatters)
- Growl Radio (3 chatters)
- JCOvercomersMinistri (3 chatters)
- NWO Truth Radio (3 chatters)
- Caribbean Radio Show CrsRadio (3 chatters)
- Bill Murray (3 chatters)
- Dollhouse Radio by India Morel (3 chatters)
- Conservative Nation Media (3 chatters)
- DiabetesSocMed (2 chatters)
- Evolving Exotics (2 chatters)
- CLNSRadio (2 chatters)
- Black Whole Radio (2 chatters)
- Art Bulla (2 chatters)
- AskBhaVani (2 chatters)
- ATAZP LIVE (2 chatters)
- 1YAHFearingMan EstX1969 (2 chatters)
- Misterie Luv Company (2 chatters)
- MKSPCG (2 chatters)
- Hogic Online Radio Show (2 chatters)
- Kawakab (2 chatters)
- LadiesTellAll (2 chatters)
- Marti Oakley (2 chatters)
- mashahba (2 chatters)
- Gary L Wimmer (2 chatters)
- HOV Radio (2 chatters)
- InThe Plug (2 chatters)
- Israeli Stone (2 chatters)
- Revelation Radio Network (2 chatters)
- SISTERS IN HARMONY (2 chatters)
- SoulSistaRadio (2 chatters)
- Pro MMA Now Radio (2 chatters)
- Pagans Tonight Radio (2 chatters)
- pHixYourHealth (2 chatters)
- THW Live (2 chatters)
- thebuttterflyeffect (2 chatters)
- The Peoples America (2 chatters)
- The Power Play Network (2 chatters)
- The PSA with Patrick D Stewart (1 chatters)
- The Seika Network (1 chatters)
- The Tarot Bitches (1 chatters)
- StonewallLive (1 chatters)
- Truth and Guidance (1 chatters)
- Spiritual Awakening (1 chatters)
- Wrestling in 30 minutes or less (1 chatters)
- URN Radio Network (1 chatters)
- WellFit Radio Chicago (1 chatters)
- INSOMNIAC Radio (1 chatters)
- HME Radio (1 chatters)
- FreedomReigns (1 chatters)
- Fightin Words Radio (1 chatters)
- JIMMY LEE (1 chatters)
- Nikkology (1 chatters)
- AirAmarteifioRadio (1 chatters)
- BlazinRy Radio (1 chatters)
- Body of Christ (1 chatters)
- American Preppers Radio (1 chatters)
- Bikers of America (1 chatters)
- D Hour Show (1 chatters)
- Clive Hudson Master Blaster (1 chatters)
- Faces Of Success Radio (1 chatters)
- Enterpraisement Media Group (1 chatters)