SORT BY Relevancy
Tara Whitsitt is a social activist, artist, and food preservationist who moved from Brooklyn, NY to Oregon a year and a half ago with hopes of becoming more involved in the local food movement and practicing ferments full time. After farm hopping in Lake Creek Valley, an hour west of Eugene, OR, Tara further developed a fermentation project she had started in Brooklyn called Bitter Earth. Bitter Earth hand harvests herbs, honey, and produce, and encourages a richer way of consuming nature's bounty through the preservation of local, organic foods. Since then, Tara's passion for fermented foods and sharing knowledge on the importance of eating locally grown, pesticide-free food has spawned her latest project Fermentation on Wheels, which will begin a nationwide tour this fall. Fermentation on Wheels is a project focused on free food education for people of all ages. Tara describes her mission as an effort to, "support micro-agriculture and local economies, focus on sustainable, organic foods that teach healthfulness, and promote the use of fermentation to preserve farm fresh foods that can be enjoyed year-round." Tara is now based in Eugene, OR. You can find out more about her work by visiting www.tarawhitsitt.com.
Wardee Harmon, author of The Complete Idiot's Guide to Fermenting Foods, will join us for conversation on preserving food with fermentation. Learn about the history of fermenting foods, the health benefits, and its value in off-off grid situations. Wardee will explain what equipment is needed and how to get started fermenting your own foods!
My name is Sandor Ellix Katz, and I am a fermentation revivalist.
My interest in fermentation grew out of my overlapping interests in cooking, nutrition and gardening. It started with sauerkraut. I found an old crock buried in our barn, harvested cabbage from our garden, chopped it up, salted it, and waited. That first kraut tasted so alive and powerfully nutritious! Its sharp flavor sent my salivary glands into a frenzy and got me hooked on fermentation. I have made sauerkraut ever since, earning the nickname Sandorkraut, even as my repertoire has expanded. I have explored and experimented widely in the realm of fermentation, and my mission with this website is to share information and resources, in order to encourage home fermentation experimentalists and propel more live-culture foods out into our culture.
Since 2003 when my book Wild Fermentation was published, I have taught hundreds of workshops demystifying fermentation and empowering people to reclaim this important transformational process in their kitchens. I have presented workshops in more than half of the states of the U.S., as well as Canada, Australia, England, Scotland, and Italy. Venues have included universities, farms, farmers’ markets, conferences, bookstores, and community spaces.
Presented by India Irie & Sherri Fischer
(MUSICAL INTERLUDE FIRST 13MINS AS STORM LOST SERVER, SKIP IF U LIKE TO SHOW CONTENT COS THE UNIVERSE SORTED US RIGHT OUT!! )
SPECIAL GUEST: Paul Exall, Consultant for environmental EM Technologies in Greater Manchester & Worldwide. His company offers products for EM technologies, based in East Manchester. From in house microbial composting systems, natural farming practices and remediation of polluted ground and waterways. Morff has a keen interest in the future well being of the planets eco systems and bio-sphere.
We are working to further the global remediation work initiated by professor Higa in the early 80's with EM technology in Greater Manchester. We adhere to the principles laid out by the Professor, co-operation, community responsibility and harmony between ourselves and our external environment.
What is EM?
EM consists of a wide variety of effective, beneficial and non-pathogenic micro-organisms produced through a natural fermentation process and not chemically synthesized or genetically engineered.
EM has no adverse effects on and is beneficial to plants, animals, and humans. EM lives off our waste. Their waste simply translates to a healthy environment for us in which EM becomes inactive.
EM has the potential to suppress putrefactive micro-organisms through lactic acid bacteria, similar to the production of cheese or yogurt. It creates re-animated surroundings through the process of fermentation instead of putrefaction.
Living organisms, as well as, inorganic materials are enabled with the means to impede deterioration through increased activity of active oxygen or free-radicals through which organisms degenerate and inorganic materials corrode. EM can be considered as an antioxidant.
On this episode of Some Kind of Radio Show we are going to talk about BEER!!!! Yes I said BEER!!! Why Beer? Why Not!!!
What is Beer? (Answer Courtesy of Wikipedia)
Beer is an alcolholic beverage produced by the sacchrafication of starch and fermentation of the resulting sugar. The starch and saccharification enzymes are often derived from malted cereal grains, most commonly malted barley and malted wheat. Most beer is also flavoured with hops, which add bitterness and act as a natural preservative, though other flavourings such as herbs or fruit may occasionally be included. The preparation of beer is called brewing.
The strength of beer is usually around 4% to 6% alcohol by volume (ABV) although it may vary between 0.5% (de-alcoholized) and 20%, with some breweries creating examples of 40% abv and above in recent years.
Join us as we talk all about everything BEER!!!
We are honored to have Sandor Ellix Katz on our show, author of "Wild Fermentation: The The Flavor, Nutrition, and Craft of Live-Culture Foods." He calls himslelf a "fermentation revivalist" and intends to bring live-culture foods back to our culture(s) full force! Why is fermentation considered a healthy way to prepare foods? What are some simple fermentation techniques? How did Sandor use fermented foods for his own healing after aquiring AIDS? We will answer this and more, and as always, feel free to call in or join the chatroom with your questions! You can learn more about Sandor at www.wildfermentation.com.
in Self Help
Susun Weed answers 90 minutes of herbal health questions followed by a 30 minute interview with Chakra Earthsong Levy. Chakra is Holistic health consultant, teacher, and entrepreneur Chakra Earthsong Levy has a deep love of organic, whole foods and live cultured drinks, which led to the creation of KeVita. After years of perfecting home fermentation, KeVita Sparkling Probiotic Drinks are by far her best ferment! Living high in the Colorado Mountains for many years, she and her family harvested summer?s bounty for winter?s nutrition by culturing locally grown vegetables to preserve the probiotic rich benefits. As the formulator of KeVita she sets the highest quality organic standards, selecting ingredients for KeVita with great care.
this episode Q&A- includes:
• pin worms- we are not meant to live alone but hysterical hygiene through two life cycles to help..
• infant eczema? lacofermented foods and nourishing herbal infusions espeically nettles to reverse allergic reactions..
• cook kale for at least an hour..
• three traditions of healing..
• electrolytes and drinking infusions instead of water..
• chickweed is a wonderful herb for the eyes.. palming is very restful for the eyes..
• tooth care- electric toothbrush and astringent herbs such as yarrow tincture, myrth tincture, bloodroot tincture..
• nourishing herbs, tonifying herbs, stimulating and sedating herbs..
• fenugreek tea for lactation and infusions of red clover, nettles, oatstraw, red raspberry leaf..
• and much more....
Introduction to Jill Ciciarelli, health coach and author [13:25]Historical Relevance of Fermentation [20:15]Best Ferments for Beginners [24:46]Quality Materials & Nutrient Bioavailability [30:55]Kombucha Crash Course [34:22]Healthy Skin Though Fermented Foods [48:42]Common Fermentation Concerns [51:37]
We will be discussing the "friendly" gut bacteria that we need to maintain health; about lacto-fermentation and wild fermentation; about benefits of drinking Kombucha and eating raw fermented vegetables. Our guest, Nadia Ernestus, is a highly regarded nutritional and lifestyle Certified Holistic Health Coach based in The Hamptons, New York. She is a graduate of the Institute for Integrative Nutrition and a member of the American Association of Drugless Practitioners. Ms. Ernestus is a leader in her community, bringing to life the latest nutrition and wellness philosophies and practices in her popular innovative interactive workshops. "After successful careers on Wall Street and as a Real Estate broker, I decided to embark on a new career, sharing my passion for a healthy lifestyle and diet with my community,” says Ms. Ernestus. Hosted by Joshua Margolis Produced by Turtle Shell Health
SUMMER BOCK is an Herbalist, Fermentationist and founder of OlyKraut. She runs her own practice as a Health Coach & Herbalist where she educates nutrition nerds around the world to create a thriving body and unstoppable life! Learn to resolve your health concerns by accessing your own internal healer to get rid of toxins, build natural energy levels, rebuild native intestinal ecology, and boost immune function to ultimately access your super human powers and extend your life. She is the creator of the Nutrition Geek Detox, Gut Rebuilding, and The World's First Fermentationist Certification Program. She is a sought-after teacher and speaker on fermentation, herbalism, gut ecology, emotional detox, and cleansing. Did you know that naturally fermeted foods are rich in probiotics? Did you know that eating fermented foods enhance your digestion?
Shirley Gutkowski will find out about the different kinds of fermented foods and what makes them so special.
Do you have digestive disorders, skin problems or other health concerns, perhaps fermented foods are something you have not considered eating to support your health by rebuilding your gut ecology and boostng your immune function.
Listen in and be prepared to be amazed, fermented foods are a very powerful tool that can be used to enhance your health.
“Everything old is new again.” In our pursuit of ways to optimize and improve our health, there may be ways to do that that we have overlooked. Interestingly, some people are rediscovering things that have been around for centuries. One in particular, fermentation, is undergoing new scrutiny and being revived. What is it? What are its health benefits? And can you do it yourself? Diane Brandon, your Host and author of Intuition for Beginners, is joined this week by Sandor Katz, the leading expert on the art of fermentation and author of Wild Fermentation and The Art of Fermentation. Mr. Katz has studied fermentation extensively, including its health benefits and history, and teaches it throughout the world. He’ll share with us all the ins and outs of this ancient art and how we can garner its benefits for ourselves.
Join Host Live Chats
- Hagmann and Hagmann Report (495 chatters)
- Phoenix3333 (178 chatters)
- John Baptist (78 chatters)
- thisisit4321 (75 chatters)
- New Spirit Radio Show (31 chatters)
- DDP Radio (24 chatters)
- AlimBey (19 chatters)
- RaptureCentric101 (19 chatters)
- thelordshour (18 chatters)
- The Psychic Viewpoint (17 chatters)
- canadianglen (16 chatters)
- CRYPTOLOGIC (16 chatters)
- Jennifer Hoffman (15 chatters)
- Dr Pat Holliday (13 chatters)
- High Frequency Radio Network (11 chatters)
- ViktorAurelius (10 chatters)
- Supernatural Radio (10 chatters)
- thedean (8 chatters)
- InfiniteSupernaturalNetwork (8 chatters)
- Andrea Shea King (8 chatters)
- BacktoBasicsRadio (8 chatters)
- Barbara DeLong (7 chatters)
- Bill Murray (7 chatters)
- eWrestling Radio (7 chatters)
- FSF Radio (7 chatters)
- Dead Air Paranormal Radio (7 chatters)
- Pagans Tonight Radio (7 chatters)
- PonytailPatriot (7 chatters)
- Prayer Warriors 365 (7 chatters)
- The J Ril Show (7 chatters)
- Root Cause Radio (7 chatters)
- Star Nations Radio Network (6 chatters)
- Revelation Radio Network (6 chatters)
- The Lions are Out the Cage (6 chatters)
- LetsGetMetaphysical (6 chatters)
- Marti Oakley (6 chatters)
- in5d (6 chatters)
- Dart Head Mike (6 chatters)
- Canadian Motocross Weekly (6 chatters)
- Psychics Gone Wild (5 chatters)
- NewMusicInferno (5 chatters)
- Odwirafo (4 chatters)
- Pro Wrestling Report (4 chatters)
- Bamabird29 (4 chatters)
- David and Wes (4 chatters)
- Hex Education (4 chatters)
- fairtax4ca (4 chatters)
- SportsTalkLine (4 chatters)
- TonyWolfPaw (4 chatters)
- Talk Real Solutions (3 chatters)
- Tarvino (3 chatters)
- Soul Empowerment Radio (3 chatters)
- Soul Tree Radio X In The Raw (3 chatters)
- DLFootball (3 chatters)
- ExpandingU RADIO (3 chatters)
- Body of Christ (3 chatters)
- Brain Injury Radio (3 chatters)
- Bridge Between Two Worlds Radio (3 chatters)
- Brooklyn GOP Radio (3 chatters)
- MissingYouFoundation (3 chatters)
- MMA Jam Live (3 chatters)
- KDCL Media (3 chatters)
- LCS (3 chatters)
- MASTERTEACHER33 (3 chatters)
- Minn4Freedom (2 chatters)
- Liberal Dan Radio (2 chatters)
- Jay Cat Morris (2 chatters)
- LET IT BE KNOWN (2 chatters)
- IB Wise Raising The Roof Radio (2 chatters)
- My Old Catholic Radio (2 chatters)
- Ordinarywmn (2 chatters)
- Pick6Mag (2 chatters)
- Big Brother Spoilers By Mike (2 chatters)
- Blasturthoughts (2 chatters)
- 12kyle (2 chatters)
- alexas29 (2 chatters)
- FUTURE OF MENTELLECT RADIO (2 chatters)
- Dimensions of Quantum (2 chatters)
- Dirtyredz (2 chatters)
- Sport City Chefs (2 chatters)
- sun752 (2 chatters)
- SUPER HOST (2 chatters)
- Survival Radio Network (2 chatters)
- Seed Dropper Nation (2 chatters)
- Sipping On Ink (2 chatters)
- The Captain0 (2 chatters)
- The Star Chamber (2 chatters)
- The Football Gurus (1 chatters)
- The Hilltop Radio Show (1 chatters)
- The Huddle 3 (1 chatters)
- TJMorrisETRadio (1 chatters)
- WGAG Radio (1 chatters)
- Winning America Back (1 chatters)
- WritersOnlineNetwork Radio (1 chatters)
- SIXEYES RADIO (1 chatters)
- sonsoflight (1 chatters)
- RichKid Radio (1 chatters)
- RLwRT (1 chatters)
- Really Doe Radio (1 chatters)
- Talk Radio 49 (1 chatters)
- URN Radio Network (1 chatters)
- Clive Hudson Master Blaster (1 chatters)
- George Ramirez (1 chatters)
- American Preppers Radio (1 chatters)
- Barbershop Sports (1 chatters)
- Rapture Ready Radio (1 chatters)
- Prophecy at the Midnight Hour (1 chatters)
- patriots united (1 chatters)
- Home Court Sports (1 chatters)
- Jay King Network (1 chatters)
- LL Sports 2 with TJ and TIFF (1 chatters)
- Minister Derrick (1 chatters)
- Royal Thieves Radio (0 chatters)