SORT BY Relevancy
Tara Whitsitt is a social activist, artist, and food preservationist who moved from Brooklyn, NY to Oregon a year and a half ago with hopes of becoming more involved in the local food movement and practicing ferments full time. After farm hopping in Lake Creek Valley, an hour west of Eugene, OR, Tara further developed a fermentation project she had started in Brooklyn called Bitter Earth. Bitter Earth hand harvests herbs, honey, and produce, and encourages a richer way of consuming nature's bounty through the preservation of local, organic foods. Since then, Tara's passion for fermented foods and sharing knowledge on the importance of eating locally grown, pesticide-free food has spawned her latest project Fermentation on Wheels, which will begin a nationwide tour this fall. Fermentation on Wheels is a project focused on free food education for people of all ages. Tara describes her mission as an effort to, "support micro-agriculture and local economies, focus on sustainable, organic foods that teach healthfulness, and promote the use of fermentation to preserve farm fresh foods that can be enjoyed year-round." Tara is now based in Eugene, OR. You can find out more about her work by visiting www.tarawhitsitt.com.
Wardee Harmon, author of The Complete Idiot's Guide to Fermenting Foods, will join us for conversation on preserving food with fermentation. Learn about the history of fermenting foods, the health benefits, and its value in off-off grid situations. Wardee will explain what equipment is needed and how to get started fermenting your own foods!
My name is Sandor Ellix Katz, and I am a fermentation revivalist.
My interest in fermentation grew out of my overlapping interests in cooking, nutrition and gardening. It started with sauerkraut. I found an old crock buried in our barn, harvested cabbage from our garden, chopped it up, salted it, and waited. That first kraut tasted so alive and powerfully nutritious! Its sharp flavor sent my salivary glands into a frenzy and got me hooked on fermentation. I have made sauerkraut ever since, earning the nickname Sandorkraut, even as my repertoire has expanded. I have explored and experimented widely in the realm of fermentation, and my mission with this website is to share information and resources, in order to encourage home fermentation experimentalists and propel more live-culture foods out into our culture.
Since 2003 when my book Wild Fermentation was published, I have taught hundreds of workshops demystifying fermentation and empowering people to reclaim this important transformational process in their kitchens. I have presented workshops in more than half of the states of the U.S., as well as Canada, Australia, England, Scotland, and Italy. Venues have included universities, farms, farmers’ markets, conferences, bookstores, and community spaces.
Introduction to Jill Ciciarelli, health coach and author [13:25]Historical Relevance of Fermentation [20:15]Best Ferments for Beginners [24:46]Quality Materials & Nutrient Bioavailability [30:55]Kombucha Crash Course [34:22]Healthy Skin Though Fermented Foods [48:42]Common Fermentation Concerns [51:37]
SUMMER BOCK is an Herbalist, Fermentationist and founder of OlyKraut. She runs her own practice as a Health Coach & Herbalist where she educates nutrition nerds around the world to create a thriving body and unstoppable life! Learn to resolve your health concerns by accessing your own internal healer to get rid of toxins, build natural energy levels, rebuild native intestinal ecology, and boost immune function to ultimately access your super human powers and extend your life. She is the creator of the Nutrition Geek Detox, Gut Rebuilding, and The World's First Fermentationist Certification Program. She is a sought-after teacher and speaker on fermentation, herbalism, gut ecology, emotional detox, and cleansing. Did you know that naturally fermeted foods are rich in probiotics? Did you know that eating fermented foods enhance your digestion?
Shirley Gutkowski will find out about the different kinds of fermented foods and what makes them so special.
Do you have digestive disorders, skin problems or other health concerns, perhaps fermented foods are something you have not considered eating to support your health by rebuilding your gut ecology and boostng your immune function.
Listen in and be prepared to be amazed, fermented foods are a very powerful tool that can be used to enhance your health.
We are honored to have Sandor Ellix Katz on our show, author of "Wild Fermentation: The The Flavor, Nutrition, and Craft of Live-Culture Foods." He calls himslelf a "fermentation revivalist" and intends to bring live-culture foods back to our culture(s) full force! Why is fermentation considered a healthy way to prepare foods? What are some simple fermentation techniques? How did Sandor use fermented foods for his own healing after aquiring AIDS? We will answer this and more, and as always,
“Everything old is new again.” In our pursuit of ways to optimize and improve our health, there may be ways to do that that we have overlooked. Interestingly, some people are rediscovering things that have been around for centuries. One in particular, fermentation, is undergoing new scrutiny and being revived. What is it? What are its health benefits? And can you do it yourself? Diane Brandon, your Host and author of Intuition for Beginners, is joined this week by Sandor Katz, the leading expert on the art of fermentation and author of Wild Fermentation and The Art of Fermentation. Mr. Katz has studied fermentation extensively, including its health benefits and history, and teaches it throughout the world. He’ll share with us all the ins and outs of this ancient art and how we can garner its benefits for ourselves.
We will discuss breweries of Alaska, homebrewing, and beer and cheese pairings.
Our guest, Bill Howell, has been a home brewer since 1989, teaches a beer appreciation class at Kenai Peninsula College’s Kenai River Campus, and was named the 2010 Beerdrinker of the Year by Wynkoop Brewing Company in Denver.
He and his wife, Elaine, have released a book, “Beer on the Last Frontier: The Craft Breweries of Alaska — Volume I: Kenai Peninsula and Kodiak Island Breweries,” via Amazon.
Freedomizer Radio Join our live chat and listen at http://www.freedomizerradio.com
The TRUTH Gary Barhydt Jr hosts the radio show "The truth" Monday-Friday. Start your day out with the Truth, the whole truth and nothing but the Truth! As on the popular show "Dragnet" Joe Friday would say "Just the facts ma'am", we will seek out the facts and we will discusses a varity of topics.
CthePower in YOU with Sandor Katz Sandor Ellix Katz is a fermentation revivalist. His book Wild Fermentation (2003), which Newsweek called “the fermenting bible,” and the hundreds of fermentation workshops he has taught across North America and beyond, have helped to catalyze a broad revival of the fermentation arts.
TigerLily's Freedom ROAR Activist, blogger, and instigator of TRUTH. There are two fundamental truths related to "virtue" that are consistent among humanity - no matter who you are or where you live. Truth #1: it is NEVER okay to initiate aggression against another human. (Self defense does not violate this principle.) Truth #2: Respect for property rights. That begins with the truth that YOU
Join Host Live Chats
- Hagmann and Hagmann Report (495 chatters)
- Phoenix3333 (169 chatters)
- 5D Media Network (96 chatters)
- wheresobamasbirthcertificateXcom (50 chatters)
- MN.B.R.T. (38 chatters)
- Dead Air Paranormal Radio (23 chatters)
- KDCL Media (19 chatters)
- dtm wicked (18 chatters)
- Journey Into Light (17 chatters)
- Discovering The Truth w Dan Duval (16 chatters)
- Omega Man (15 chatters)
- JohnMcTernan (14 chatters)
- Andrea Shea King (14 chatters)
- Conservative Nation Radio (14 chatters)
- KayakFishingRadio (13 chatters)
- PatriotResistance (11 chatters)
- Star Nations Radio Network (11 chatters)
- Debate Talk 4 U (10 chatters)
- Current Trials and HLN (10 chatters)
- FRNARadio (9 chatters)
- USC RADIO PRODUCTIONS CH ONE (9 chatters)
- Spirit Medium Laura (8 chatters)
- SSRN (8 chatters)
- Tarhaka (8 chatters)
- HOV Radio (8 chatters)
- Pagans Tonight Radio (8 chatters)
- pHixYourHealth (7 chatters)
- Barbara Barnett (7 chatters)
- AIR Abundance Internet Radio (7 chatters)
- Uncensored Radio (7 chatters)
- STATE OF MENTELL RADIO (7 chatters)
- Revelation Radio Network (6 chatters)
- TheExceptionalConservativeShow (6 chatters)
- Ask Your Sheriff (6 chatters)
- Indy Showcase Radio (6 chatters)
- Pro MMA Now Radio (5 chatters)
- Caribbean Radio Show CrsRadio (5 chatters)
- Cross Walk Talk (5 chatters)
- SIXEYES RADIO (5 chatters)
- Harvest Time Alert (4 chatters)
- On Air with Douglas (4 chatters)
- JCOvercomersMinistri (4 chatters)
- First Love Radio (3 chatters)
- Four Aces Presents (3 chatters)
- MKSPCG (3 chatters)
- Prophetess Alicia Lee (3 chatters)
- bapnation (3 chatters)
- American Preppers Radio (3 chatters)
- 3 Wise Women (3 chatters)
- thebuttterflyeffect (3 chatters)
- Xpoze Radio (3 chatters)
- The Power Play Network (2 chatters)
- TheLegacyOfANation (2 chatters)
- URN Radio Network (2 chatters)
- SpinSyndicate Radio (2 chatters)
- 109 9 PEN Station (2 chatters)
- Around Citi Live (2 chatters)
- Heart to Love with Fola (2 chatters)
- HIAC Talk Radio Network (2 chatters)
- FIREFOXNEWS ONLINE (2 chatters)
- DYNASTY NETWORK 1382 (2 chatters)
- Divine Plan of the Ages Talk Show (2 chatters)
- Radio Enso (2 chatters)
- My Little Pony Talk (2 chatters)
- Nation Building Movement (2 chatters)
- Holy Tents of Marduk (2 chatters)
- Inspired Words (2 chatters)
- KxOn3 Under Fire (2 chatters)
- LadiesTellAll (2 chatters)
- Michael Anthony Johnson (2 chatters)
- Kawakab (1 chatters)
- InThe Plug (1 chatters)
- Inspire Radio Network (1 chatters)
- FreedomizerRadio (1 chatters)
- onlinewithandrea (1 chatters)
- Omega Ministry Group (1 chatters)
- Radio by Renford (1 chatters)
- DVAS 2 RADIO (1 chatters)
- Daily Maintenance (1 chatters)
- Enterpraisement Media Group (1 chatters)
- Hit On The Head (1 chatters)
- HME Radio (1 chatters)
- Ask Cathleen Network (1 chatters)
- Apostolic Teaching (1 chatters)
- CandiXRandy (1 chatters)
- Catholic Questions And Answers (1 chatters)
- Clive Hudson Master Blaster (1 chatters)
- CougarChat (1 chatters)
- rrekcity (1 chatters)
- Table Talk with Tanisha Simpki (1 chatters)
- Time For A Awakening (1 chatters)
- The Foundation Team Network (1 chatters)