SORT BY Relevancy
It’s a common misconception that feminism employs misandry. There are a number of places where this misconception comes from, but regardless of the sources, they all have one thing in common: They serve to derail feminist conversations and distract from important issues at hand. In this episode, we will discuss the misconception that “all feminists hate men,” and address why it’s a troublesome stereotype.
Based on his article 5 Reasons Why So Many People Believe Feminism Hates Men and Why They’re Not True, Sam Killermann will debunk this misconception and reconcile feminism as a gender-inclusive movement.
In today’s difficult world, many people struggle with feelings of inadequacy or negative self-perception based on the messages they’ve received since birth. These negative messages are often related to gender, race, class, sexual orientation, and other aspects of ourselves that make us who we are. Often, these negative messages become internalized and difficult to separate from the truth.
Based on our article 8 Ways Feminism Can Improve Your Self-Esteem, Shannon Ridgway will discuss the different ways in which those struggling with low self-esteem can utilize feminist concepts to rediscover their inherent self-worth.
Feminism is defined as the advocacy of women's rights on the grounds of political, social, and economic equality to men.
The fight for feminism began in 60's and 70's. How far have we come now and why is this a big issue?
We will also look into the group Women Against Feminism.
Join hosts Logic, BJ, Char & Jill. Of course me too, Ky!
No Conduct Radio on Twitter/ Instagram @NoConductRadio
Like No Conduct Radio on Facebook
More on No Conduct Radio
Today we're interviewing Ashley Jones, creator of the FB group, "Black Women Against Feminism," about the Black experience with feminism, and how it is different from White women's, and how it has affected the Black community.
We'll also be talking about how we still feel invisible in America, when our experiences are dismissed and pushed aside when they don't align with th popular narrative or view.
We're serving up a strong pot of unapologetic truth, and we have plenty to share.
Bring your cup!
Feminism: Christian or Anti-Christian. Is feminism a socialist scheme to destroy the family unit, so that the government can raise the children and turn them into mind control slaves?
"Women Against Feminism" by Suzanne Venker Three tenants of feminism: 1) Women are imprisoned by their negative view of women and their place in the world. 2) Injustices perpetrated on women including the fact that they MUST have babies and men do not have to… 3) There is no difference between men and women other than their sex organs.
1) Feminism did not liberate women. It has actually harmed women by placing them in a prison of negative thinking and promoted dead-end promiscuity.
2) Studies show that women today are LESS happy under modern Feminist assumptions and cultural practices.
3) Women today do not owe feminists for everything. Feminism did NOT give women the right to vote or go to college. Those rights existed BEFORE the "Second Wave Feminism" of the 60's.
4) The Women's Suffrage Movement was NOT a "feminist" movement: the "Suffragettes" were actually Pro-Life, Pro-Family and Conservative women. (Today's Feminists would reject them, ironically.)
5) Feminism has robbed women of placing family and marriage at the center of their lives, as the most meaningful part of their existence. Instead, it shames women into believing that career materialism should be placed at the center.
6) Women should ignore the institutionalized, Feminist cultural prescriptions that demean motherhood and marriage. They should sequence their lives in a way that place family as the most central, meaningful experience of their lives.
7) Feminism is a finished movement in America.
Feminism is a collection of movements and ideologies that share a common goal: to define, establish, and achieve equal political, economic, cultural, personal, and social rights for women. This includes seeking to establish equal opportunities for women in education and employment. A feminist generally self-defines as advocating for or supporting the rights and equality of women.
So this sounds good right? Well femnism has become a bad word in many circles and men seem to take direct offense to women's rights.Why is that? And there are some women who also do not like being called feminist.We will discuss this and more on tonight's show.
We're living in a modern world, and for women today that means having modern views on love, career and life!
Tune-In to our show "Marriage and Feminism" as we talk about how traditional values and modern ideas are evolving and shaping how women make some of their BIGGEST life decisions today.
The amazing and talented Holly Foster will be joining us and talking about being newly married and her take on why more women today are staying single longer in life.
As always we'll be playing the BEST in Pop, Hip-Hop and R&B!
Like Us on Facebook.com/SisterRadio
Follow Us on Twitter @SisterRadio
Follow Us on Instagram @Sister_Radio
WHAT IS BLACK FEMINISM? WHERE DID THIS MOVEMENT START? IS IT REALLY A MOVEMENT? HOW DO BLACK FEMENIST FEEL ABOUT BLACK MEN? WHERE DOES THE BLACK FEMINIST MOVEMENT HAVE ITS ORIGNS IN? FIND OUT TONIGHT AT 9:30PM ON FUTURE OF MENTELLECT RADIO(BLOGTALK) FEAT .THE INTEL.NUBEN MENKARAYZZ/MFA
WE ALL HAVE OUR OWN OPINION REGARDING WHAT WEAKENED THE BLACK COMMUNITY BUT WHEN YOU THROW FEMINISM IN THE POT IT CAN MAKE A VERY INTERESTING SOUP. JOIN ME AS I TRY TO MAKE SOME SENSE OUT OF THIS VIEWPOINT. MAYBE YOU CAN HELP ME ? CALL IN @ (347) 996-5369
It's Guerrilla Feminism Friday #GFem
We'll be taking questions for advice on social justice.
This one will center around Passing privilege and we'll deliver news and comment along with it.
Join Host Live Chats
- Star Nations Radio Network (12 chatters)
- Success Freaks (10 chatters)
- THOR MINISTRY RADIO NETWORK (7 chatters)
- Jay King Network (7 chatters)
- Love Law Character Development (5 chatters)
- Clay Douglas (4 chatters)
- Tracey and Friends (3 chatters)
- MIA-Expert Psychic (3 chatters)
- The Sports Drive Podcast (1 chatters)
- Chicken Whisperer (1 chatters)
- Marjorie Cole (1 chatters)