SORT BY Relevancy
It’s a common misconception that feminism employs misandry. There are a number of places where this misconception comes from, but regardless of the sources, they all have one thing in common: They serve to derail feminist conversations and distract from important issues at hand. In this episode, we will discuss the misconception that “all feminists hate men,” and address why it’s a troublesome stereotype.
Based on his article 5 Reasons Why So Many People Believe Feminism Hates Men and Why They’re Not True, Sam Killermann will debunk this misconception and reconcile feminism as a gender-inclusive movement.
In today’s difficult world, many people struggle with feelings of inadequacy or negative self-perception based on the messages they’ve received since birth. These negative messages are often related to gender, race, class, sexual orientation, and other aspects of ourselves that make us who we are. Often, these negative messages become internalized and difficult to separate from the truth.
Based on our article 8 Ways Feminism Can Improve Your Self-Esteem, Shannon Ridgway will discuss the different ways in which those struggling with low self-esteem can utilize feminist concepts to rediscover their inherent self-worth.
Has feminism destroyed families and brought down society? Has it caused woman and men to swtich roles. Feminists want to be treated equally except when it involves money. They still want men to pay for most things. Most want a man with a decent job. Why do we have a generation of feminized boys and girls that talk down to boys/men. This topic was inspired by a shocking article that I had read. It was about this 22 year old woman who thinks that reducing the male population by 90% will solve everything! What is the world coming to with these ideas coming from these young girls? It will be a very interesting show indeed.
Where is the link to the article: http://www.vice.com/en_uk/read/is-reducing-the-male-population-by-90-percent-the-solution-to-all-our-problems
This show has changed a few times by now, and it has settled on the topic of Feminism. Many people have their own opinions on such, and women everywhere are very passionate about this, including many women that I have had the pleasure of speaking to, with, about, etc. I found some clips online of passionate women speaking about this, since they can cover the topic better than I can and because they are likely more passionate about it than I would be.
Took a little break but now we’re back, y’all! Join me and MC Brooks and our guests, Vida Starr (@VidaStarr) and Akia Black (@KittyKittyKia) as we discuss why FEMINISM IS NECESSARY. All caps, because it is so, so necessary. Tune in on Wednesday, July 9th, 2014 at 7pm-9pm CST/8pm-10pm EST and if you feel like it, call in and give us your opinion. The call in number is (310) 982-4273. You can also follow us on Twitter: @BreakbeatBFT. You can follow MC Brooks @MC_Brooks and Noa Jones @NoaAthena.
Jennifer Lawrence, Kate Upton, Victoria Justice and several other super hot and very talented celebrities had their nude photos stolen and then leaked to the internet this week. Was this an reprehensible invation of their privacy or should they have expected it to happen at some point? Or both? There are so many questions that need to be answered here. Was this a sex crime? Should they be "slut-shamed" over their pics? Should men avoid looking at the pics because they were "hacked?" How good DO they look naked? Matt-Man and Jayman are here to answer all of those questions.
Also, what's up with feminism these days? Does it still exist? If it does, in what form? Is it just about hating men? Is it about women keeping other women in line? Still more complicated questions that need very serious grown-ass men to answer.
Worst of all what about the state of misogyny in American culutre? How ugly have things gotten? At what point does flirting or flattering women cross the line into creepy and offensive? Again, Matt and Jay have lots of experience in this area and are here to help.
It's also football season. You can't talk about voilence against women without discussing the NFL! Does the NFL's new domestic violence rules mean they're getting serious about this issue or is it just more garbage from their PR department? That should be an easy one to answer.
All this plus Jamie Mapleleaf and the IWS Players and hopefully YOUR CALLS! Feminists get moved to the front of the line!
in Pop Culture
We will be taking time to find out exactly what feminism is, what it does, and where it applies. Also taking calls to see if there are any brothers being 'emasculated' by the reputed effort to emasculate men. If you are a #feminist, or know a feminst, chime in! Peace!
Today, more of our summer shorts continue. In one hour, you will get the relevant news and commentary on things that matter in the pro-life direction, things that touch everyone's lives.
Up for discussion:
The terrorist-linked Malaysian jetliner crash
Sen. Richard Blumenthal's pet bill removing all abortion restrictions in the country gets media attention, finally
The Death of Feminism in a big way
The Stupidest Thing Ever is back.
Dr. Nancy E. Baker is an Associate Professor at Sam Houston State University, where she has taught since 2006. Prior to coming to SHSU, Dr. Baker taught at Harvard University, MIT, Tufts University, and the Massachusetts College of Art. Dr. Baker earned her bachelor’s degree in history from Rutgers University, her master’s degree in history from The George Washington University, and a second master’s degree and her doctorate in history from Harvard University.
Dr. Baker’s areas of interest include American history, political history, and the history of women and gender. Much of her work focuses on the history of feminism and anti-feminism. Dr. Baker is currently revising a monograph for publication with Baylor University Press; the book is entitled Unequaled: Rescission and the Equal Rights Amendment. Research is underway for her second and third books: Texas Feminism Between and Beyond the Waves (under contract with Louisiana State University Press) and a study of the feminist organization Women Against ography. Dr. Baker has written essays on right-wing women in 20th-century Texas, Texas feminist Hermine Tobolowsky, and the battle in Kentucky over the Equal Rights Amendment. Her research has been awarded funding from The Clements Center for Southwest Studies, the Kentucky Historical Society, Texas Tech University’s Southwest Collection/Special Collections Library, and the Earhart Foundation.
In this episode of The Pursuit of Truth, we'll examine who the orchestrators of feminism are, the spirit behind it, it's impact on our western culture, and most of all - what it left us with. The legacy of feminism is anything but pretty and pink.
I believe the spread of feminism is the fulfillment of Isaiah chapter 3 verse 12: "As for my people, children are their oppressors, and women rule over them. O my people, they which lead thee cause thee to err, and destroy the way of thy paths."
Yes, women ruling over men is not part of Yahweh's plan - but rather a curse. And saying so will probably bring angry e-mails to my inbox. Neverhteless, I am commited to pursuing truth - no matter where it may lead. So let's fire up the "battle of the sexes" with the one weapon feminism hates the most: Scriptural Truth!
DIVERgent committee members discuss the goals and importnce of inclusion within feminism and where women in the disability community fit in.
Mission statement: DIVERgent works to change how disabled women are commonly perceived within society while challenging the myths of our inferiority, both as women and as disabled people. We explore the interactions between sexism and ableism within both disabled and nondisabled communities. We seek to offer perspectives on gender and disability by emphasizing non-traditional femininity and non-traditional feminism.
Join Host Live Chats
- Phoenix3333 (152 chatters)
- Bigfoot Hotspot (140 chatters)
- John Baptist (86 chatters)
- Tha Boxing Voice Radio Show (36 chatters)
- Jamie The Psychic (22 chatters)
- Pine Ridge Warriors (17 chatters)
- Well Armed Radio (16 chatters)
- Underground Professor Radio (15 chatters)
- thelordshour (15 chatters)
- RaptureCentric101 (15 chatters)
- Cross Talk Radio brother Lawrence (15 chatters)
- Two Moons Talking (12 chatters)
- Lets talkXXXGod is not Religious (11 chatters)
- Gecko Nation Radio (11 chatters)
- Monster X Radio1 (10 chatters)
- ILLUMINATION (9 chatters)
- AngelsandWarriors (9 chatters)
- Brain Injury Radio (8 chatters)
- On The Move with Mack Worley (7 chatters)
- The Psychic Viewpoint (7 chatters)
- The Marching Podcast (6 chatters)
- Psychic Melinda (6 chatters)
- Life Conversations (6 chatters)
- Journey Into Light (5 chatters)
- INFINITY888 RADIO (5 chatters)
- Marti Oakley (5 chatters)
- Dead Air Paranormal Radio (5 chatters)
- Donny C (5 chatters)
- Seed Dropper Nation (5 chatters)
- ParaTruth Radio (4 chatters)
- RequestFreeProphecyXcom (4 chatters)
- The Hereafter Is Now Network (4 chatters)
- Common Ground Media Group OK (4 chatters)
- Bill Murray (4 chatters)
- 64452 (3 chatters)
- May We Help You Radio Show (3 chatters)
- The Wacko Network (3 chatters)
- Type1RadioAshram (3 chatters)
- USA live (2 chatters)
- WE RESISTERS RADIO (2 chatters)
- The Program Returns (2 chatters)
- The Final Word Podcast (2 chatters)
- The 2nd Revolution (2 chatters)
- SISFI Human Wellness Radio (2 chatters)
- Louis Teverini and Freddy Doll (2 chatters)
- Marlin Family Live (2 chatters)
- onCUE Radio Show (2 chatters)
- Pagan Musings Podcast Channel (2 chatters)
- 64403 (2 chatters)
- African On The Move (2 chatters)
- BBQSuperStars (2 chatters)
- E Factor with Brenda Pearce (2 chatters)
- Darryl James (2 chatters)
- Clive Hudson Master Blaster (1 chatters)
- A New Day 4 Al Islam (1 chatters)
- BLACK SATIN RADIO LIVE (1 chatters)
- Arlette and Mike Talk (1 chatters)
- NathanWalters0 (1 chatters)
- No to Port on Goat Islands Jamaica (1 chatters)
- JackNewtown (1 chatters)
- Hampton Blu Radio (1 chatters)
- Kardec Radio (1 chatters)
- LinkedLocalNetwork (1 chatters)
- Stay Bold Radio (1 chatters)
- Tarvino (1 chatters)
- Prophecy at the Midnight Hour (1 chatters)
- The Cricket Show (1 chatters)
- The Dream1 (1 chatters)
- WHTP Radio Network (1 chatters)
- Wicked Space Radio (1 chatters)
- Top Star Hip Hop Radio (1 chatters)
- The Huddle 3 (1 chatters)
- The Live By Terrence Network (1 chatters)
- The NIGGA CHURCH (1 chatters)