SORT BY Relevancy
February 27, 2014: For female athletes, intense exercise and training can sometimes lead to a trio of distinct interrelated conditions known collectively as the Female Athlete Triad, or Triad for short, which can have immediate and lasting effects if untreated. It involves menstrual dysfunction, reduced bone mineral density, and energy deficiency related to disordered eating and insufficient nutrition.
In this episode of Move Forward Radio, Dr. Kelly Waicus, MD, CAQSM, and physical therapist Laura Stanley, PT, DPT, SCS, discuss how to identify, treat, and prevent the Triad.
The Triad sometimes goes unrecognized and untreated because symptoms can range from mild to severe, and because it is related to issues many female athletes may be unwilling to discuss: body image and menstrual abnormality.
Subscribe to Move Forward Radio podcasts on iTunes.
To learn more about the Female Athlete Triad and physical therapy, visit MoveForwardPT.com
Did you know that exercise, along with undernourishment, was can do serious -- and sometimes irreparable -- damage to a woman's body? Female Athlete Triad Syndrome -- disordered eating and/or undernourishment, loss of menstruation, and bone loss -- is a growing concern in athletic programs and gyms across the country. Tonight's guest Dr. Kelly Austin stops by the show to fill us in on the details, including the syndrome’s prevalence, causes, diagnostic criteria, treatments, and recovery rate. Learn more about Dr. Austin at www.nhealth.ca Hosted by Sean Croxton of Underground Wellness.
The Journey 8 has expanded our airtime to include a Sunday afternoon program focusing on the Greensboro Triad area. Our format will change from our Tuesday aftenoon program. We will still have a short message and a guest to interview from time to time. However, we are going to have a Community Bulletim Board where we discuss upcoming events either at my own church, Life's Journey United Church of Christ or in the greater Greensboro area.
in Rock Music
We have Emma from Femetalism and Christiana from Sonic Cathedral join us to discuss their work as well as their subject matter: Female metal, and how incredible the genre has become. Especially since the genre is so incredibly popular overseas. We want more of that in the United States. We will also be playing music from bands we have had on in the past with female singers. Riseback, Terminatrx, Severnica, and maybe more.
But first, we will be joined by our buddies in Never Fire to give us an update. They are a very young band, and we are following their progress as they grow as a band.
Due to the fact that this show will span half the planet, (Christiana is in California, Emma is in England) its at a special time. 5PM Eastern.
This is the schedule:
5 - 5:35, Will and Thunder's Metal News Segment
5:35 - 6:05, Never Fire
6- the end, Emma and Christiana
Join Host Live Chats
- SecularTalkRadio (37 chatters)
- Underground Professor Radio (10 chatters)
- GR HealingFountain (7 chatters)
- WGAG Radio (6 chatters)
- GRANNY GANJA (3 chatters)
- Radio Jihad Network (3 chatters)
- Papa CE (2 chatters)
- DTRT Wrestling And MMA Online (2 chatters)
- Live N The Day Wit J (2 chatters)
- Southern Sports Central (2 chatters)
- SpookHunters Radio (2 chatters)
- The Brian Craig Show (1 chatters)
- The K Factor (1 chatters)
- Spiritual Awakening (1 chatters)
- WithInsightsRadio (1 chatters)
- USA Emergency Broadcasting Network (1 chatters)
- Mikeisha (1 chatters)
- EXOXPXPastor (1 chatters)
- Pray 1 4 Another (1 chatters)
- Redeeming Truth Radio (1 chatters)
- Hrafnstong Radio (1 chatters)
- Its Real Talk Live (1 chatters)
- BDSIR NETWORK (1 chatters)
- BucketofPucks (1 chatters)
- Business on the Edge (1 chatters)
- Come And Pour The T With Me (1 chatters)
- Destruindo Fortalezas (1 chatters)