SORT BY Relevancy
A lot of folks have been talking about the Triple Crown this past week, and some think that it should be dumbed down to accommodate...to accommodate the "younger generation" who were born after 1978.
Ummm...is the sport going to change everything, to meet the needs of people who aren't necessarily becoming fans? Tonight I'll discuss the logical place to begin the journey toward horse racing fandom. How to turn casual observers and potential fans into lifelong fanatics. Hint: it rhymes with, "source."
Live from Beautiful Belmont Park--it's f!lly Racing Radio.
Monday, June 2--just five days before the 2014 Belmont Stakes--we'll webcast from the gorgeous, ivy-ccovered halls of Belmont Park.
Will California Chrome win the Belmont Stakes, thence--the Triple Crown? If not him--who *will* take home the magnificent Belmont Stakes Trophy?
Tune in on Monday, June 2 at 6:30 New York Time, and let's get wired together.
Facebook drives me nuts: it's the moist, hot petri dish in which grows all sorts of hysteria. I've never witnessed so many weeping, whining, hysterical people as on FB--have you? How much does social media feed a story, and make it bigger than it should be?
Case in point: All the hysterical people on Facebook now can concentrate on bigger issues than whether a horse wears a nasal strip on June 7th. I suspect that the Chromies--as I'm designating those who are rabid to see a Triple Crown achieved, OR who believe that California Chrome is destined to do it--somehow EXPECT that, since he's got the chance, he WILL win.
But it's called a "horse race," folks. No sure things here. Can he do the distance? On Big Sandy? Might those other horses have some talent, as well? We'll talk about a lot tonight, so I hope you tune into f!llly Racing Radio. :)
In July of 2013, NYRA (the New York Racing Association) sponsored f!lly Racing Radio--and thereby, made herstory. Women love horses--and horse racing. NYRA, in its wisdom, acknowledge this natural connection and sponsored f!lly Racing Radio. The first incarnation of f!lly Racing Radio took place during the Saratoga race meet in 2013--but it seemed a shame that the show didn't continue after Saratoga Race Course closed for the season.
Of course, we hope that NYRA will renew this relationship in 2014, but in the meantime--we're continuing the show here on Blog Talk Radio. Tune in every Monday from 2 - 2:30PM Eastern Time, USA--or check out the podcast archives every week. We'll talk about women and horse racing--fans, professionals, hopefuls. We'll discuss f!llies, mares and pensioned mares. We'll raise a ruckus--storm the fortress of the Old Boys' Club and, hopefully, help females find their (our) rightful place in this beautiful, frustrating, magnificent sport.
Host Derek Simon discusses Steve Haskin’s Bloodhorse article “Ghosts of Press Boxes Past” and explains what he believes can fill up the press boxes at American racetracks once again. He also opines on Bill Finley's ESPN piece detailing the decline of two-year-old racing.
In the U. of Bet segment Dave “The Horse Handicapping Authority” Schwartz and Derek exchange verbal blows in a debate about what constitutes money management and whether or not bettors can improve or erode their advantage or disadvantage by means of a betting strategy.
What a weekend!
Chrome got hurt.
Coburn spewed stupidity.
Coburn refused to apologize.
And the beat goes on...
Tune in tonight--June 9, 2014--or check out the archives after the show. You KNOW that I have something to say in my own adorable, snarky way, about the the events of this past week.
Do we anthropomorphize our horses? That is, do we treat horses as if they're humans, embued with human emotions?
The only thing I can think of that's wrong with that is that...who says that being "human" is a good thing? Maybe we should flip that script: maybe humans should learn how to conduct Life from horses.
And maybe that script-flipping would lead to a better racing industry...
Tune in tonight to f!lly Racing Radio, and hear my thoughts. I may be spot-on. I may be insane. Either way, I WILL be entertaining.
What's new in horse racing? Who's making news? Will a horse who's not from Kentucky cross the finish line first at the Kentucky Derby this year? So many things to discuss--how can we get it all in in just 30 mintes? Tune in this evening, and see if fueling my brain with coffee will help get it all in...
TwinSpires' Derek Simon analyzes last weekend's big stakes races at Belmont Park, along with Shared Belief's scintillating score in the Los Alamitos Derby.
In the U. of Bet/handicapping/racing history segment he discusses "Picking Winners with Systology," as well as the "Racing Maxims and Methods of 'Pittsburg Phil.'"
Join Host Live Chats
- Hagmann and Hagmann Report (500 chatters)
- Phoenix3333 (151 chatters)
- thisisit4321 (58 chatters)
- reactionariez (35 chatters)
- Red vs Blue (33 chatters)
- Medium Renee Richards (21 chatters)
- Straitway (20 chatters)
- thelordshour (18 chatters)
- Bellesprit (17 chatters)
- Talk Real Solutions (13 chatters)
- SoapTalk Lets Dish (12 chatters)
- ExpandingU RADIO (11 chatters)
- JohnMcTernan (11 chatters)
- FWrestling and EFed Guerillas (9 chatters)
- Deliverance Today Pastor John Kyle (9 chatters)
- WGAG Radio (7 chatters)
- Jay King Network (6 chatters)
- Psychics Gone Wild (5 chatters)
- DHead Radio (5 chatters)
- Bill Murray (5 chatters)
- carsonscorner (4 chatters)
- Christian Farm and Homestead (4 chatters)
- Journey Into Light (4 chatters)
- Souls Eye View Too (4 chatters)
- Unmasked with Authoress Lyle (4 chatters)
- URN Radio Network (3 chatters)
- Station IWDM (3 chatters)
- Michael Anthony Johnson (3 chatters)
- Crs Radio Caribbean Radio Show (3 chatters)
- Clive Hudson Master Blaster (2 chatters)
- DVAS 2 RADIO (2 chatters)
- Missouri Grassroots Radio (2 chatters)
- NWO Truth Radio (2 chatters)
- Royal Thieves Radio (2 chatters)
- The Captain0 (2 chatters)
- Truth Emerges (2 chatters)
- The Watchman Is216 (2 chatters)
- The Paranormal and The Sacred (2 chatters)
- The Steven James Experience (1 chatters)
- The Emily Pearls Show (1 chatters)
- SportsTalkLine (1 chatters)
- Open Talk with Les Jackson (1 chatters)
- patriots united (1 chatters)
- MASTERTEACHER33 (1 chatters)
- RichKid Radio (1 chatters)
- MnM Missing N Murdered (1 chatters)
- JDWELL Women Empowerment (1 chatters)
- HME Radio (1 chatters)
- EmilioDiaz (1 chatters)
- George Ramirez (1 chatters)
- Grudge Talk Radio (1 chatters)
- FUTURE OF MENTELLECT RADIO (1 chatters)
- American Preppers Radio (1 chatters)
- Catz1* (1 chatters)
- Change Your Life2 (1 chatters)
- JackNewtown (0 chatters)