SORT BY Relevancy
How do you know when you are in faith? That question will be answered in tonight's broadcast by Pastor Will as he go through the bible to see what The Word of God has to say about the subject of faith. That way you can judge and examine yourself to see where you are at in your faith and how to grow from there.
Our Scripture verse today is Matthew 16:18 which reads: "And I say also unto thee, That thou art Peter, and upon this rock I will build my church; and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it."
Our quote today is from J.C. Ryle. He said: "The one true Church is composed of all believers in the Lord Jesus. It is made up of all God’s elect – of all converted men and women – of all true Christians. In whomever we can discern the election of God the Father, the sprinkling of the blood of God the Son, the sanctifying work of God the Spirit, in that person we see a member of Christ’s true church."
Today, we are looking at "The Deposit of the Faith" (Part 7) from Dr. Justo L. Gonzalez's fine book, The Story of Christianity (Volume 1).
The Response: Apostolic Succession
Although the canon of the New Testament and the various creeds were valuable instruments in the struggle against heresy, the debate finally came to the issue of the authority of the church. This was important, not simply because someone had to decide who was right and who was wrong, but because of the very nature of the issues at stake. All agreed that the true message was the one taught by Jesus. The Gnostics (nos-tiks) claimed that they had some secret access to that original message, through a succession of secret teachers. Marcion claimed that he had access to that message through the writings of Paul and Luke - which, however, had to be purged of what did not agree with Marcion's views regarding the Old Testament. Over against Marcion and the Gnostics (nos-tiks) , the church at large claimed to be in possession of the original gospel and the true teachings of Jesus. Thus, what was debated was in a way the authority of the church against the claims of the heretics.
Our Scripture verse today is 1 John 4:1 which reads: "Beloved, believe not every spirit, but try the spirits whether they are of God: because many false prophets are gone out into the world."
Our quote today is from Vance Havner. He said: "The early Christians condemned false doctrine in a way that sounds almost unchristian today."
Today, we are looking at "The Deposit of the Faith" (Part 4) from Dr. Justo L. Gonzalez's fine book, The Story of Christianity (Volume 1).
Marcion, whose father was a bishop of Sinope on the southern coast of the Black Sea, knew Christianity from an early age. But he profoundly disliked both Judaism and the material world. He thus developed an understanding of Christianity that was both anti-Jewish and anti-material. He went to Rome, around the year 144 AD, and there he gathered a following. But eventually the church at large came to the conclusion that his doctrines contradicted several fundamental points in Christian doctrine. He then founded his own church , which lasted for several centuries as a rival to the orthodox church.
Since Marcion was convinced that the world is evil, he came to the conclusion that its creator must be either evil or ignorant - or both. But instead of positing a long series of spiritual beings, as the Gnostics did, Marcion proposed a much simpler solution. According to him, the God and Father of Jesus is not the same as Yahweh, the God of the Old Testament. It was Yahweh who made this world. The Father's purpose was to have only a spiritual world. But Yahweh, either through ignorance or out of evil intent, made this world and placed humankind in it -- a theme that one finds in many Gnostic writings as well...
Faith is talking 24/7 daily at WSCIRO of Greater Boston on Blog Talk Radio. Come join General Manager's and Media Missionaries, Dr Shirley Canniff and her husband, Dr Jeffrey Canniff as they embark in a journey of "Faith" to discover the hand of God at work in the ordinary circumstances of life. WSCIRO, the official internet radio outreach of Seek Christian Teaching and Worship Center, Inc. is a Christian Internet Radio Outreach that focuses on the following areas of ministry: "Relevant Social Justice Topics"; " Releasing God's Glory"; "Prophetic Teaching"; "Dream Interpretation"; "Inner Healing"; "Prophetic Revelation"; "Harp & Bowl Intercession"; "Messianic Worship";" Praise and Worship". Here on WSCIRO FAITH TALKS LIVE PRAYER, they will focus on the issues of "FAITH".
Human sexuality is an important biblical topic. It is an equally important topic in the world where sexual promiscuity is rampant on TV, in the movies, the internet ography, and indiscreet advertisements in magazines and even radio commercials. The secular world has no problem flaunting sexuality before our eyes. It has no remorse in using women's bodies and sexual situations and innuendos to sell, entice, and even control people so that they can get money out of them. The world takes that which was made holy by God and uses it to make money. This is not how it should be.
According to the National Association of Evangelicals, 80 percent of unmarried evangelical Christians between ages 18-29 admit to having had premarital sex, a shocking figure when measured against the number of pledges made in youth ministries and wristbands worn endorsing abstinence around the country throughout the late ’80s and early ’90s. For a generation fed a steady diet of “just wait until you’re married for sex,” why are so many of us losing our virginity before we say “I do”? What is causing the growing chasm between our Christian belief and sexual purity?
Join us Monday night for this important discussion
When we look at Hebrews (4:1) its takes us back to chapter 3, especially to verses 12 & 19. He is warning against having an evil, unbelieving heart. His readers were Jewish believers in Christ who were tempted in the face of persecution to go back to Judaism. Twice he exhorts them to "hold fast" their confession or assurance of faith (Hebrews 3:6, 14). He cited Psalm 95:7-11, which recounts how the Israelites in the wilderness provoked God and were thereby excluded from entering His place of rest, the Promised Land. They all had applied the blood of the Passover lamb to their doorposts. They all had passed through the Red Sea and escaped from Pharaoh’s army. But even so, with most of them, God was not well pleased, and He laid them low in the wilderness (1 Cointhians. 10:5).
They were a part of the people of God (Israel), but their hearts were far from trusting in the Lord. Their hearts are repeatedly described as hardened (3:8, 13, 15; 4:7). They were under God’s wrath (Hebrews 3:10, 11, 17, 18; 4:3). Their basic problem is called unbelief (Hebrews 3:12; 4:2), disobedience, and sin (Hebrews 3:17, 18; 4:6, 11). Join us today for today lesson topic:"The Danger Of Cultural Christianity" also visit us at www.uptopministries.org
In this episode, Neal and Drew discuss
- The Bus Monitor Bullying Incident
- The continuing Bullying Epidemic (Not just students anymore!)
- Has recent Christianity gotten it wrong, and
- Resurrecting Christianity
Join us via phone or chat room!
Join Host Live Chats
- Hagmann and Hagmann Report (223 chatters)
- thisisit4321 (30 chatters)
- The Portal (27 chatters)
- SHRAonair (24 chatters)
- High Frequency Radio Network (22 chatters)
- Phoenix3333 (18 chatters)
- susun weed (13 chatters)
- Sports Card Live (11 chatters)
- FFToolbox (11 chatters)
- HOV Radio (10 chatters)
- Journey Into Light (10 chatters)
- Lets talkXXXGod is not Religious (10 chatters)
- RaptureCentric101 (10 chatters)
- Trunews Radio (8 chatters)
- TruthRadioNetwork (7 chatters)
- Revelation Radio Network (6 chatters)
- The Wake Up Mission (6 chatters)
- The Yehudah Project (4 chatters)
- Hidden Wisdom Radio (4 chatters)
- SAGE Radio (4 chatters)
- Rockin Country Radio (3 chatters)
- Omega Man (3 chatters)
- FulfilledRadio (3 chatters)
- AirAmarteifioRadio (3 chatters)
- Candelos Corner Radio (3 chatters)
- TheLegacyOfANation (3 chatters)
- thelordshour (3 chatters)
- cathelinejesse (2 chatters)
- Crs Radio Caribbean Radio Show (2 chatters)
- 63289 (2 chatters)
- 64403 (2 chatters)
- A Just Cause Coast 2 Coast (2 chatters)
- Entertainment Zone Radio (2 chatters)
- Fins Radio (2 chatters)
- LiveParanormal History FM (2 chatters)
- LLBPRADIO (2 chatters)
- Its Real Talk Live (2 chatters)
- Real Talk Radio17 (2 chatters)
- MKSPCG (2 chatters)
- Robert Cardoza Live (2 chatters)
- SpeakingXOut (2 chatters)
- Sport City Chefs (2 chatters)
- The Road Less Traveled (2 chatters)
- Stephanie Hill Williams (1 chatters)
- Texas Conflict Coach (1 chatters)
- The Captain0 (1 chatters)
- The Grace View (1 chatters)
- The Love Channel Show (1 chatters)
- The Madden Voice (1 chatters)
- Turn 5 LIVE (1 chatters)
- Twin Radio (1 chatters)
- Two Moms on a Borough (1 chatters)
- We are TOPS (1 chatters)
- WitchTalk Radio0 (1 chatters)
- Woman2WomanTalkingToMen (1 chatters)
- YPI Consultants LLC (1 chatters)
- SISTERS IN HARMONY (1 chatters)
- SIXEYES RADIO (1 chatters)
- Rick Moran (1 chatters)
- ROAD2STARDOM RADIO (1 chatters)
- onlinewithandrea (1 chatters)
- Open Talk with Les Jackson (1 chatters)
- JakeyandTheAce (1 chatters)
- Jim Nemley (1 chatters)
- Marjorie Cole (1 chatters)
- Marti Oakley (1 chatters)
- May We Help You Radio Show (1 chatters)
- Fire Talk Radio (1 chatters)
- Frat House Sports (1 chatters)
- George Ramirez (1 chatters)
- A Christian Perspective (1 chatters)
- Angel Heart Radio (1 chatters)
- BC Interruption Radio (1 chatters)
- Bill Murray (1 chatters)
- ElijahFireRadio (1 chatters)
- EMONSTA (1 chatters)
- carsonscorner (1 chatters)
- Body of Christ (1 chatters)
- Broad Street Line (1 chatters)
- thedean (1 chatters)
- Divine Goddess Radio (0 chatters)
- Bishop Maurice L Irvin (0 chatters)
- American Statesman (0 chatters)