SORT BY Relevancy
How many of us have been on some sort of DIET at least once in our lifetime? I'm sure 8 out of every ten are on one right now, What is it about us that makes us spend our hard earned money on different fads and diet programs and contributing to this billion dollar industry, instead of taking the traditional route of changing bad eating habits and exercising?
Join us in our weekly forum on Tuesday, November 5, at 8:00pm on Blogtalkradio.
Our panel will be discussing why we are so addicted to "quick fix" fad diets and why it is a multi billion dollar industry.
Do you really know what your kids are up to on the Internet? There are many deadly fads making their way across the airways. These fads are killing many young adults. What are your kids doing on the web? It seems the latest craze is neknominate, a deadly drinking game that has killed five young men.
Call it a sign of the times or call it a form of expression or sometimes call it fruity or even ugly. Whatever you might call it, it's going on today whether you see it on t.v., at a concert or on the street and more than likely you won't be able to keep from staring or making sure you protect yourself.
Here's what we're going to be covering this week on Urban Therapy with Sun.
Young people tatooing their faces.
Male rappers wearing skirts
Women with kids who switch from being straight to being bisexual
The knockout game
Social Media Meets and Greets
Dressing half neckett at events
Taping fights fights and posting to YouTube and World Star Hip Hop
How have camera phones and social media affected all of these things? Would people be as passionate about the named fads and others if the cameras weren't rolling and the pictures weren't gonna be posted?
Is all of this stuff new or has some of it just been remixed?
Let's take a hard look at this stuff and let's try to figure some of it out.
It used to be that hunting for things to eat and running from the clutches of wild beasts was enough to keep the body fit. Then there was farming and the basic manual labors of life to keep us trim. But sometime after the industrial revolution, conveniences became plenty, we moved to cities, and we started getting weak and pudgy — which also contrasts wildly with the wisdom of the experts and the Western ideal. What to do? Exercise! But fitness for its own sake is so abstract and unattractive to so many that we’ve come up with no end of novel ways to get motivated. Consider the following
In this show you’ll learn:
Why we find it hard to achieve eating well all the time.
How to discern which foods are really healthy for us.
How to avoid going on-and-off a diet for our health.
Every day, it seems, there is always some new advice, new articles, and new books about dieting. The latest fads from Atkins to Paleo are picked up as ‘quick fixes’ by people the world over. Yet we live in a time of epidemic obesity. Dieting is something we only think to do for six weeks to fit into a dress for a special occasion. What we really need to be doing is finding health, and eating well all the time. But how do we do it?
Join Dr. Ritamarie as she discusses why we may need to tear up our diet books. The focus on dieting could be costing you your health. A back-to-basic approach on diet is needed.
Check out Dr. Ritamarie’s VITAL Health Community for additional resources on the role that food plays in your health, and strategies for planning your meals so that you can live your life full of energy and vitality.
The Dr. Pat Show: Rock Your World with Master Jesus with Spiritual Guide Wendy R. Wolf. Jesus Rocked his world, 2,000 years ago; he ushered in a whole new vibration and a new paradigm of Divine Connection. Jesus WAS Light, Way, Truth, Life in his world, and he calls US to Do the Same...in our own way. Let's tune into Jesus spiritually: receive his wisdom and insights for us, and most importantly his spiritual frequency - So we can ROCK our life, and our world, today!
The Dr. Pat Show: Stop your screaming body...before it starts! Dr. James Rosenwald. Dental treatment is mostly viewed as a physical therapy which, of course, it is. However, there is another aspect to dental care and that is the relationship aspect between the patient and their dental care team.
The Dr. Pat Show: Part 2 of Loving Yourself to Great Health - Thoughts and Food – The Ultimate Diet with Co-Authors Ahlea Khadro and Heather Dane. For decades, best-selling author Louise Hay has transformed people's lives and health by teaching them to let go of limiting beliefs and create the life of their dreams. Now in this tour de force, Louise teams up with her go-to natural health and nutrition experts, Ahlea Khadro and Heather Dane, to reveal the other side of her secret to health, happiness, and longevity: living a nutrient-rich life. Unlike any health book you've ever read, this book transcends fads, trends, and dogma to bring you a simple yet profound system to heal your body, mind, and life that is as gentle as changing the way you think.
Ever get overwhelmed with all the popular things on pinterest and what seems to be the things that are all rave? We will talk about how Turtle and I tried the Eat Your Heart Out Diet and failed miserably, keeping kids involved in social groups and lessons, the crap we buy because we thought it was cool and never used. How a picture on instagragm can show your goods to your frenemies. ALSO our ever improving new skits and segments. This week we will have products of the week, weekly 'rap' up, and would you rather!!
Let's get real and down to business, up in your business, lets face it we all work hard raising our kids!
in Weight Loss
Today we spend time talking and conencting about proper self evaluation, supplementations (fads and fiction), and more. Guests can call in to the live show and ask questions related to any topic. I want to be your weight loss coach. You supply the willing and wanting heart and I will supply the push and the knowledge you need to lose the weight and keep it off forever.
Welcome to this special edition of “Thinking like the Owner” radio – where we explore aspects of our professional development both in the corporate environment as well as taking that big leap of owning our own business.
Today, we are pleased to have with us, Adam Lax. He is a speaker and a registered dietitian in Palm Beach County, Florida. He has been caring for patient's dietary needs in the medical field for over two decades. And he is known as the Houdini of Weight Management – helping you to escape from the normal diets fads.
Sharon Weil talks with Ann Gentry, founder/owner of Real Food Daily restaurants in Los Angeles, California about plant-based diets, and how she elevated vegetarian cooking to high cuisine. They talk about the role food plays in our lives, and how changing the way we eat can literally change everything about us. Their lively discussion sorts out confusion over which healthy diet to follow, food fads, and the truth about gluten-free eating. Author of several cookbooks, she shows us how to create a healthy, meat-free diet you can live with that is delicious, nutritious, and accessible. www.realfood.com
Art Cry Radio is a show dedicated to featuring Art and creativity in all forms. Artists, musicians, poets, actors, photographers, authors and dancers can share their stories and creativity with the world! Everyone is welcome!
Today's show is a HOT TOPIC show!
Today's show features individuals from the LGBT community. Join me as I spend 60 minutes with (5) gay people discussing current events, fads and what it’s truly like to be gay in this era. John has selected a panel of tremendously colorful individuals from diverse backgrounds who are all outspoken, real and interesting to say the least.
Guests and fans of the show can call in with their comments and questions.
Join me as I talk to Da Kids!!!!!
CALL IN: 3472059896
The Dr. Pat Show: Loving Yourself to Great Health - Thoughts and Food – The Ultimate Diet with Co-Authors Ahlea Khadro and Heather Dane. For decades, best-selling author Louise Hay has transformed people's lives and health by teaching them to let go of limiting beliefs and create the life of their dreams. Now in this tour de force, Louise teams up with her go-to natural health and nutrition experts, Ahlea Khadro and Heather Dane, to reveal the other side of her secret to health, happiness, and longevity: living a nutrient-rich life. Unlike any health book you've ever read, this book transcends fads, trends, and dogma to bring you a simple yet profound system to heal your body, mind, and life that is as gentle as changing the way you think.
The Dr. Pat Show: The Power of the Heart - Finding Your True Purpose in Life with Spiritual Explorer, Author, and Filmmaker Baptist de Pape. Filmmaker and author Baptist de Pape has assembled an unprecedented collaboration of wisdom from the leading spiritual thinkers, authors, and scientists of our time. On a quest that took him around the world, de Pape interviewed eighteen icons, including Isabel Allende, Maya Angelou, Deepak Chopra, Paulo Coelho, Jane Goodall, Eckhart Tolle, Marci Shimoff, Marianne Williamson, and Gary Zukav. These spiritual figures helped de Pape create a compelling, moving portrait of the heart and so became known as Co-creators. The central theme among all the Co-creators is that they all believe that the heart is the most powerful connection that we have with our true identity, our soul, our higher self, God, and the Now.
Join Host Live Chats
- Hagmann and Hagmann Report (496 chatters)
- thisisit4321 (94 chatters)
- Mindzmatter (85 chatters)
- Phoenix3333 (49 chatters)
- in5d (33 chatters)
- Tha Boxing Voice Radio Show (31 chatters)
- BacktoBasicsRadio (25 chatters)
- JohnMcTernan (23 chatters)
- BerniceBennett (21 chatters)
- thelordshour (20 chatters)
- ALLFACTS CONCEPT CRUSHER (17 chatters)
- Black Author Network (17 chatters)
- Supernatural Radio (15 chatters)
- Radio Jihad Network (14 chatters)
- Rifleman (13 chatters)
- SpeakEasy Cafe (12 chatters)
- Namaste Farms (12 chatters)
- African History Ntwk (12 chatters)
- Talk Real Solutions (11 chatters)
- the LMC Radio Network (11 chatters)
- New Beginnings Radio (10 chatters)
- Bill Murray (10 chatters)
- Dead Air Paranormal Radio (10 chatters)
- Wake Up To The Truth (10 chatters)
- WGAG Radio (9 chatters)
- Cross Talk Radio brother Lawrence (8 chatters)
- Journey Into Light (8 chatters)
- MHHS Eyes Wide Open (8 chatters)
- Andrea Shea King (8 chatters)
- A Just Cause Coast 2 Coast (8 chatters)
- ParanormalPsychicRadio (8 chatters)
- The Advise Show (8 chatters)
- Renegade Radio Network (7 chatters)
- Body of Christ (5 chatters)
- Cage Side Submissions (5 chatters)
- Living a Richer Life (5 chatters)
- WE RESISTERS RADIO (5 chatters)
- Loren and Arjeana Due (4 chatters)
- Get Real LOL uncensored reality tv (4 chatters)
- Healing Light Radio (4 chatters)
- Apostle Antonia (4 chatters)
- Psychics Gone Wild (4 chatters)
- The Forbidden Fruit (4 chatters)
- The Seika Network (4 chatters)
- Tha Real McCoy (3 chatters)
- redmaryland (3 chatters)
- CommunityRadio (3 chatters)
- David Coney (3 chatters)
- Dollhouse Radio by India Morel (2 chatters)
- dtm radio (2 chatters)
- Ed Boston Podcast (2 chatters)
- Ernest Radio Network (2 chatters)
- Fellowship of Deliverance (2 chatters)
- Higher Truth Radio (2 chatters)
- Matty Ps Radio Happy Hour (2 chatters)
- Brain Injury Radio (2 chatters)
- RichKid Radio (2 chatters)
- Sport City Chefs (2 chatters)
- Politics and A Beer (2 chatters)
- OUR Talk Radio Show (2 chatters)
- Talking Terror Presents (2 chatters)
- The Axiom Radio Program (2 chatters)
- SISTERS IN HARMONY (2 chatters)
- URN Radio Network (2 chatters)
- WHTP Radio Network (1 chatters)
- Witch School (1 chatters)
- The New World Order Revolution (1 chatters)
- The Voice of Leadership (1 chatters)
- Throne Seekers Bible Study (1 chatters)
- Universal Christian Ministries (1 chatters)
- The Captain0 (1 chatters)
- The Crystal Show (1 chatters)
- SavingSouls (1 chatters)
- Shifting Times Radio (1 chatters)
- BLACK SATIN RADIO LIVE (1 chatters)
- Cowboy Wisdom Radio (1 chatters)
- CAN YOU HEAR ME NOW (1 chatters)
- American Preppers Radio (1 chatters)
- Enterpraisement Media Group (1 chatters)
- Drunken Radio (1 chatters)
- minister sophie (0 chatters)
- The American Republic (0 chatters)