SORT BY Relevancy
in Self Help
Somatic Experiencing is a treatment approach that addresses trauma. Carol the Coach will be interviewing Megan Ross/Timberline Knolls who has the expertise to assist people with their trauma. Whether a trauma is physical in nature or not, the proven relationship between trauma and its effects on the body and brain, from the field of neuroscience is mounting. Somatic Experiencing is a form of therapy aimed at relieving and resolving the symptoms of post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD) and other mental and physical trauma-related health problems by focusing on the client’s perceived body sensations (or somatic experiences). Through integrating principals derived from Somatic Experiencing, we can further cultivate present moment functioning, tolerance of sensations, response flexibility, differentiation, regulation, and integration.
Sexual Addiction is a disorder that requires strategies to assist you in maintaining recovery. This show is to help you access the books, the experts and the people who are managing recovery with The 12 Step Program and Patrick Carnes Recovery Task Model that reinforces the steps you need to take to manage your recovery and take your life through the journey so that you not only conquer the "Addict" but develop into the person you were meant to be!
Carol the Coach is a Certified Sexual Addictions Therapist who is ready to take you on the journey and expose you to the experts who will guide you through the steps.
If church folk would be honest with themselves, a great deal of their spiritual episodes are based on memories of previous ones. In other words, they believe their experience was good if it was lively and corporately sensual and that it was bad if there was an individual or corporate sense of a dead church. These episodes are called the experiencing and remembering self. Drawing from Paul's personal narratives in scripture and the writings of Daniel Kahneman, Pastor Neal addresses how manipulative we can be when it comes to our church experiences that can lead to stunted spiritual growth and connection with The Divine.
Alameda, CA – In the wild, when an animal escapes its predator, it can easily recover from the trauma of almost being eaten, shake off, and move on with its life. According to biologist and psychologist Dr. Peter A. Levine, humans used to have this capacity and we can learn to hardness this healing energy through Somatic Experiencing.
Somatic Experiencing is a psycho-biological method for resolving trauma symptoms and relieving chronic stress. Vera Gassner is a Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist specializing in trauma and an expert in utilizing Somatic Experiencing in helping people heal.
“Trauma has always been a part of my life,” says Vera. “I’m a Jewish immigrant from Poland and being an immigrant was one of my original traumas. I feel like I’m still learning how to breathe."
Trauma is about the inability of feeling safe. The premise of Somatic Psychology is that trauma is stored in the body.
“As a Somatic Experiencing Practitioner, I’m a detective,” says Vera. “Doing this type of work is like peeling an onion. There are so many layers. I know what questions I can ask to help the client define where in their body the trauma is stuck, and how it can be encouraged to move, and slowly discharge.
Somatic Experiencing employs awareness of body sensation to help 'renegotiate', rather than re-live or re-enact trauma. In session, Vera combines her own experience negotiating trauma with her training in Somatic Therapy to teach her clients how they can be more aware of what they’re feeling.
“There’s strength in being a wounded healer,” says Vera. “It’s difficult working with complex trauma, but I’m honored to be part of assisting clients in discovering the wisdom of the body."
in Self Help
Katherine and Lena will be talking about her journey of following the call from Corporate Executive to Healing Practitioner, and the power of Somatic Experiencing as way to integrate towards greater health and healing.
Katherine Glasa assists busy professionals in developing what best nurtures mind, body, heart and soul at the deepest levels, and in creating successful transitions and outcomes. She empowers her clients to awaken their vibrant potential and transform painful stress into peaceful vitality by embodying the wisdom and intelligence of their true nature and the natural world.
Katherine has contributed to the success of individuals, groups and corporations internationally for over 15 years with truly transformative results. She is a Corporate Consultant, Transformational Coach, Breath & Somatic Therapist, Reiki Master and Earth Honoring Minister & Ceremonialist.
Join Katherine for healing workshops, retreats, rituals and ceremonies in the San Francisco Bay Area and beyond, and private sessions via Phone/Skype or at offices in Palo Alto & Santa Cruz CA. http://www.truevibrancy.com/
There is'nt a more tender caring image of love in scripture that the picture of our shepherd watching over his flock of sheep. The features of that imagery is so simple that anyone can understand it. First, the shepherd is responsible. He is capable of protecting each sheep and consequently the whole flock. His vision and mission is only the good of the flock. The sheep are aware of his presence as he daily and patiently guides them to food and water. The shepherd is aware of and tends to the needs of each sheep. Praise our Shepherd. Join us today as we go before Him with live prayer 6:00 AM Mon.-Fri. Dial 714 459-3963.
in Self Help
Hi Everyone please join Golden Hawk and Janine Kimmel on Friday evening Sept 12th at 6:30 pm EST for a wonderfully enchanting discussion on the Unpredictable Magic of Living a Virtuous Life!
Goldie and Janine have both been enjoying a tremendous amount of syncronistic experiences ever since they asked the question "What is my relationship with water." Now these syncronicities are morphing from an awareness into a whole new level of experiences that is purely MAGICAL!
Tune in as they share the mystery and the magic of being aligned with mother nature and all the gifts of her endowment - you will be glad you did!
"Thank you everyone for all your support - it is always deeply appreciated."
Are you experiencing the Great Spiritual Awakening? Find out in this episode as Dr Jenn explores the many different signs that you are truly in the awakening process. From sleepless nights, unexplained sightings, to extreme fatigue or non stop crying. The list goes on and on, and that’s just the tip of the iceberg.
These physical experiences don’t necessarily mean a serious problem. If you are continually seeking answers and are told that medical tests show nothing wrong, you could be in the spiritual awakening process.
More and more individuals are finding themselves on the spiritually awakened path. The soul longs to be connected to that which it originally comes from, which is our Higher Self. From within, we find the connection to Spirit, the peace, happiness and the answers we so desperately seek in this physical world.
* Not intended to replace medical attention for serious illness.
Learn more about Dr Jenn, download free guided meditations and receive your free video class when you sign up for her weekly newsletter that includes upcoming live shows and events at JennRoyster.com
*This episode has been pre-recorded. Original air date: 5/8/2014 on Transformation Talk Radio Network and 1230am WBLQ, RI
Join Host Live Chats
- Hagmann and Hagmann Report (496 chatters)
- John Baptist (93 chatters)
- Talk Real Solutions (40 chatters)
- thelordshour (27 chatters)
- Curious Times (24 chatters)
- in5d (23 chatters)
- WGAG Radio (22 chatters)
- DynastySoundtrack (20 chatters)
- BacktoBasicsRadio (19 chatters)
- Debate Talk 4 U (18 chatters)
- BFD Fantasy Football (14 chatters)
- Canadian Motocross Weekly (14 chatters)
- FUTURE OF MENTELLECT RADIO (12 chatters)
- Cardboard Connection Radio (11 chatters)
- Odwirafo (11 chatters)
- Greg Kellogg (10 chatters)
- Mindzmatter (8 chatters)
- Minn4Freedom (8 chatters)
- Ms KiKi (7 chatters)
- ISoMH Educational Network (7 chatters)
- teamgrindhard (7 chatters)
- Beyond the Airwaves TIP (7 chatters)
- canadianglen (6 chatters)
- Bamabird29 (6 chatters)
- Dead Air Paranormal Radio (6 chatters)
- Golden Rose Psychic Radio (6 chatters)
- Yo Momma Black (6 chatters)
- Moorish Science Radio (5 chatters)
- Love Productions (4 chatters)
- The Hilltop Radio Show (4 chatters)
- Pagans Tonight Radio (4 chatters)
- RAD1Radio (4 chatters)
- Feldman World Group (4 chatters)
- dtm radio (4 chatters)
- Dave in the City (4 chatters)
- Contending 4 Truth Radio (4 chatters)
- Bards Logic Political Talk (4 chatters)
- 12kyle (4 chatters)
- Brain Injury Radio (4 chatters)
- BLACK SATIN RADIO LIVE (4 chatters)
- SURN Host (4 chatters)
- Bleed Blue Show (3 chatters)
- David and Wes (3 chatters)
- Ed Ymiah Gospel Revealed (3 chatters)
- Talk2Q (3 chatters)
- The Ron and Don Show (3 chatters)
- The Wacko Network (3 chatters)
- TheLegacyOfANation (3 chatters)
- Universal Radio (3 chatters)
- ViktorAurelius (3 chatters)
- Its Real Talk Radio (3 chatters)
- Matty Ps Radio Happy Hour (3 chatters)
- Mystic Light and Shadows (3 chatters)
- Harold Sutton (2 chatters)
- The Mirror Show (2 chatters)
- FreedomizerRadio (2 chatters)
- Garrett Miller Radio (2 chatters)
- Crs Radio Caribbean Radio Show (2 chatters)
- AGHOST Radio Network (2 chatters)
- Bigbagstudios (2 chatters)
- Xclusive Jamz Nation (2 chatters)
- WTLC Talk Radio (1 chatters)
- Be The Light Now (1 chatters)
- Boyzntheoffice (1 chatters)
- carsonscorner (1 chatters)
- Dusk Spot Radio Network (1 chatters)
- Dragon vs Dragon (1 chatters)
- Soul Tree Radio X In The Raw (1 chatters)
- Sport City Chefs (1 chatters)
- Pure Flow XChange (1 chatters)
- WE RESISTERS RADIO (1 chatters)
- Welcome to Docradio Network (1 chatters)
- URN Radio Network (1 chatters)
- underground talk (1 chatters)
- Malone Hype Line (1 chatters)
- JUDGEMENT TIME (1 chatters)
- Opulent Network (1 chatters)