SORT BY Relevancy
I talk with Lisa Falour a United States Expat who has lived in France for almost 20 years. Lisa's artwork is in the permanent collections of female artists at MoMA and in many other major museum permanent collections around the world, such as the Moderna Museet in Stockholm, Sweden and The Museum of Modern Art in Mexico City, as well as smaller museums such as The Amarillo Museum of Art in Texas. She has had more books published under a variety of pseudonyms than she recalls offhand, and in the past 25 years has appeared in many book anthologies.She writes in English, French and Italian and has written articles published all over the world since the '70s. A former FM and AM radio show host in the USA, she most recently appeared as a guest on FRANCE CULTURE at Radio France in the "Mauvais Genres" series, and France recently voted that out of all the guests for 2013, the segment with her in French was the one they requested to be replayed by popular demand. She has modeled, done movies, television, been a visiting artist in Tuscany, Italy, and semi-retired, enjoys travel and sharing fun things she discovers -- especially bargains and unknown places.
You can contact Lisa through her website: http://www.cutecatfaith.com
Living or working in a foreign culture can be daunting and difficult if you feel you don’t fit in. Knowing the etiquette of the culture and how to handle yourself in any situation can make the experience easier and more fun. Cynthia Lett, certified protocol & etiquette professional, speaks with Dr. Paulette Bethel during the Lost in Transition Summit on October 24, 2013.
How to dress, what to talk about, how to make friends, greetings and managing expectations are topics that will be discussed. Cynthia shares tips and experiences which make the points pulling from her experience doing business in 102 countries.
To learn more about doing business in foreign cultures and how Cynthia Lett can help your group do it better, visit The Lett Group website.
Steven John left the US for Mexico two years ago. He spends his mornings day trading ETF's and otherwise enjoying the view of the beach. There are many benefits to living south of border if you're ready to make the mental transition. The taxes are low and so is the cost of health insurance. Sounds like a great place!
In her English-speaking counseling practice in Milan, Italy, Karen Rigatti helps couples with relationship issues, parenting of a new baby and culture shock and other challenges faced by expats. As a certified professional counselor,she specializes in working with clients on stress management, anxiety, life transitions (marriage, divorce, new parenthood), work-related conflicts, couples therapy, and cross cultural issues. Her office is centrally located in the Bocconi University area, overlooking Parco Ravizza.
Karen has made Milan her home since 2008. Originally from the US, she specializes in helping other English-speakers improve their quality of life through professional counseling.
Originally from Arlington, Virginia, Karen graduated with a degree in Psychology from Miami University in Oxford, Ohio. She transferred to San Francisco and then London, before moving to Milan where she lives with her two daughters who were born here.
Prior to opening her counseling practice, she led the European Recruiting team at the London office of international law firm Orrick, Herrington & Sutcliffe and she began her career in mental health as Admissions Director of Behavioral Health at Northern Virginia Doctor’s Hospital.
Karen is a member of both the American Counseling Association and AssoCounseling in Italy, holding a Master’s degree in Counseling from the Centro Berne in Milan.
The best way to connect with Karen is through her website www.KarenRigatti.com or by telephone 349 130 5648
Today we are going to talk about some generalities and in the coming months, we have scheduled interviews with people who are living life as ExPats. We will continue to schedule folks and maybe decide to focus on one country/area at a time....it is an open forum so we'll go with the flow just a bit. We're generally going to discuss the ups, downs and in betweens of making the choice to live such a different life.
Have you ever fantasized about living and working abroad? Curious about what it takes to get international experience under your belt? Are you unsure about HOW to land those assignments and grow your career? Are you afraid of the unknown and turned down opportunities to work abroad? Deciding to accept an assignment and move abroad is an exciting but sometimes frightening experience, especially the first time you decide to do it. In a time of a global technology and mobility, and uncertain economy, many people are looking for ways to boost their careers and visibility within their companies. Because of such a pronounced shift in the way the world does business, international assignments are becoming a necessity for the upwardly mobile professional who is looking to rise within their field. Today my guests will discuss not only their own experiences, but also what to consider when engaging in expat assignments, how to navigate culture shock, how to prepare for the move, expectations in your new role and surroundings, how to make the most of your new experience and translate that into career success and resources for the Expat Woman.
My name is Megan Fitzgerald. I'm an expat and international career coach, founder of Career By Choice and your one-stop shop for all things related to international career success. On my blog I provide success tips (sign up for updates!) for current and aspiring expats interested in being a highly visible, sought-after expert or leader and successful abroad.
Specifically I write about personal branding, expat and international career management, building your brand online, online networking and social media - all tools or strategies to help global minds use their unique value to build a more fulfilling professional life, wherever they are in the world.
I help forward thinking, mission-driven expat professionals, executives and consultants leverage their true strengths and unique value to become highly visible, valued and make an impact abroad. An expat and international career coach, I provide expert guidance about the ever changing world of global careers.
By thriving in jobs or roles aligned with their strengths and global lifestyle, my clients are recognized and well-compensated for the value they create. But more importantly they are positioned to impact real change in their organizations and the world on their terms. My strategic, 360° approach to international career acceleration and management is informed by extensive training, 20 years of experience in 40+ countries on 6 continents and a decade of living and working abroad. An expat based in Italy, I work with expats, global leaders and their employers worldwide.
This week’s episode: BECOMING AN EXPAT
Expats Post is being discovered by new readers every day. And because of that, this week’s special episode is all about helping you find your inner Expat. Expats Post WANTS YOU to become the writer you always wanted to be. Whether you are already a contributing force through a blog of your own, or any other form of media expression... Citizen Journalism, Poetry, Fiction, Art, Political Commentary, Media Watch... you name it, and Expats Post is the place for you to let what you do reach a whole new audience.
So get your EXPAT ON this week by calling the show with your questions about all things Expats at (646) 200-4691, or get in on the conversation through our LIVE CHAT, presented by BlogTalkRadio (and powered by Facebook). This Friday at 3 p.m. Pacific time (6 p.m. Eastern... 11 p.m. GMT), be there for the live broadcast, and any time after for the free “on demand” podcast.
See you there.
Dr. Stephanie Y. Evans is Chair of the Department of Africana Women's Studies, African American Studies, and History (AWH) at Clark Atlanta University. She is the former Director of African American Studies and Associate Professor of Women's Studies at the University of Florida. She is the author of three books: Black Passports: Travel Memoirs as a Tool for Youth Empowerment (2014), Black Women in the Ivory Tower, 1850-1954: An Intellectual History (2007) and a co-edited book, African Americans and Community Engagement in Higher Education (2009). She has also co-edited Africana Studies at the Graduate Level: A Twenty-first Century Perspective, a special issue of the Western Journal of Black Studies and published in journals including Peace Studies Journal, Frontiers: The Interdisciplinary Journal of Study Abroad, Feminist Teacher, Florida Historical Quarterly, and African American Research Perspectives.
Presented by: Sherri Fischer, Anna Lipari & Rhonda Paolo
ELEMENTal Evolution's Wisdom and Vision:
Please Join us in welcoming Dave VonKleist; Exposing the Truth about 9/11
During all the years commuting between gigs and recording studios, Dave vonKleist listened to numerous talk shows on the radio and became a fan of political discussions. In 1995, he became a talk-show host at WATR AM1320, in Waterbury, CT. Using the airname “Dave Riddell” at the suggestion of the program director.
The show became extremely popular and was one of the most listened to programs in the central CT. One of the many guests he interviewed was of particular interest. He was familiar with several Gulf War vets in my area and one of his guests, Joyce Riley, captured their hearts as well as his own.
Later, after becoming an expat and living in Argentina, Dave was asked to write several articles for Escape From America Magazine
We at Elemental Evolution intend to achieve and to pass on universal knowledge while here on Earth. We are committed to spreading truths regarding the elementals and holistic healing within the world.
You can check out our Facebook page for more information:
Join Host Live Chats
- Hagmann and Hagmann Report (151 chatters)
- Dark Twitter (23 chatters)
- John Baptist (19 chatters)
- High Frequency Radio Network (17 chatters)
- Radio Jihad Network (14 chatters)
- BigBrotherGroup (13 chatters)
- Phoenix3333 (12 chatters)
- RaptureCentric101 (12 chatters)
- Living Well Talk Radio (10 chatters)
- thedean (9 chatters)
- Journey Into Light (8 chatters)
- KAS1 (8 chatters)
- Dr Pat Holliday (7 chatters)
- Trunews Radio (7 chatters)
- Whispers from Heaven (6 chatters)
- HHIII and LeeCrowe (6 chatters)
- Attune Magazine Radio (5 chatters)
- TheLegacyOfANation (5 chatters)
- The Psychic Viewpoint (5 chatters)
- The Wake Up Mission (5 chatters)
- WWCR RADIO (4 chatters)
- Star Nations Radio Network (4 chatters)
- Garrett Miller Radio (4 chatters)
- Dr Ritamarie (4 chatters)
- dburt aka Afronerd (4 chatters)
- InfiniteSupernaturalNetwork (4 chatters)
- LindaCrystal (4 chatters)
- PwtorchEastCoastCast (4 chatters)
- pamelamarieedmunds (4 chatters)
- Main Street Universe (4 chatters)
- NatureofReality (4 chatters)
- ParanormalPsychicRadio (3 chatters)
- Radio by Renford (3 chatters)
- LLBPRADIO (3 chatters)
- Destruindo Fortalezas (3 chatters)
- Diane Grimble Ministries N Friends (3 chatters)
- AngelsTeachRadio (3 chatters)
- Asylum Fantasy Football Podcast (3 chatters)
- Barry Secrest (3 chatters)
- Body of Christ (3 chatters)
- UNdergroundCHURCH (3 chatters)
- Triple DarkGodis Radio (3 chatters)
- The Vent Man (3 chatters)
- Illuminati Exposed (2 chatters)
- Cage Side Submissions (2 chatters)
- AmericanMuslim360 (2 chatters)
- Doctor Ginny (2 chatters)
- Entertainment Zone Radio (2 chatters)
- CRYPTOLOGIC (2 chatters)
- Firefall Talk Radio (2 chatters)
- LA Batchelor (2 chatters)
- Prayer Warriors 365 (2 chatters)
- Patriot Family (2 chatters)
- MKSPCG (2 chatters)
- MyViewMatters (2 chatters)
- Prophecy at the Midnight Hour (1 chatters)
- North London Paranormal Radio (1 chatters)
- Omega Man (1 chatters)
- Omega Ministry Group (1 chatters)
- Marti Oakley (1 chatters)
- Matt and Phil Show (1 chatters)
- Mega Powers Radio (1 chatters)
- Mikeisha (1 chatters)
- Lez Talk Books Radio (1 chatters)
- Life Coach Radio Network (1 chatters)
- Lisa Williams Medium (1 chatters)
- Its Real Talk Live (1 chatters)
- Jim Nemley (1 chatters)
- HONEY DRIP RADIO (1 chatters)
- Kissmeimpsychic (1 chatters)
- George Ramirez (1 chatters)
- Godney (1 chatters)
- GRANNY GANJA (1 chatters)
- Everything Kathy B (1 chatters)
- Edge Talk Radio (1 chatters)
- Among The Realms Radio (1 chatters)
- AirAmarteifioRadio (1 chatters)
- Allyssa Narvaez Online (1 chatters)
- Awakenings Radio (1 chatters)
- Clive Hudson Master Blaster (1 chatters)
- Crs Radio Caribbean Radio Show (1 chatters)
- BBQSS Sports Network (1 chatters)
- BBQSuperStars (1 chatters)
- RAINBOW VISION (1 chatters)
- The ANSWERS Show (1 chatters)
- The Captain0 (1 chatters)
- The Hereafter Is Now Network (1 chatters)
- The Nathan Karn Show (1 chatters)
- Really Doe Radio (1 chatters)
- RFB Radio WOW (1 chatters)
- Robert Cardoza Live (1 chatters)
- Rockin Country Radio (1 chatters)
- SecularTalkRadio (1 chatters)
- Seekers Intercessors Chamber (1 chatters)
- Side Kick Pro (1 chatters)
- Spoken Ink (1 chatters)
- The Sensuous Mystic Sex Spirit (1 chatters)
- thelordshour (1 chatters)
- Tracey Lee (1 chatters)
- WARriorsInGODsArmy (1 chatters)
- Radio PRS (0 chatters)
- Black Bag (0 chatters)
- LET IT BE KNOWN (0 chatters)