SORT BY Relevancy
A diagnosis of Parkinsons Disease is actually a diagnosis that is made after all other possibilities are eliminated by standard diagnostic tests. As such, Parkinson's Disease is otherwise known as a garbage can diagnosis. During the show today, Sharry Edwards from Sound Health Options is the host and for a switch, Robert Rodgers, Ph.D. from Parkinsons Recovery is the guest. Both offer fresh perspectives on the factors that contribute to the symptoms associated with a diagnosis
Dr. Joe Hickey, MD, discusses the approach he uses in his practive to treating the symptoms of Parkinsons disease. Environmental toxins are presumed to be the triggers for development of Parkinson’s Disease. Examples of toxins as the cause of PD have been well documented such as Manganese toxicity, Carbon Monoxide poisoning, Carbon DiSulfide from the Rayon Industry and MPTP. He will add to this list, environmental exposures such as aluminum, lead, and mercury.
Ayurveda is a tried and true approach to recovery from disease that originated thousands of years ago. What is Ayurveda? Is it effective for persons with neurological challenges like Parkinson's? What changes are necessary to see recovery unfold? Hear answers on the show today to these questions and more. Mark Keister has introduced Ayruveda to clients for 30 years. He currently practices in France. Many of his clients have experienced neurological challenges, so his perspective is gounded in a rich history that spans across four decades.
You will be dazzled by his insights and suggestions for what is required to jump start a recovery program.
It is now well established that exercise is beneficial for the general population. Exercise has all of the same beneficial effects of people with Parkinson's disease as it does on healthy individuals. In addition, it can help to alleviate some of the negative signs and symptoms of the disease such as bradykinesia. It can also reduce the positive signs such as tremor.
Daniel Corcos, Ph.D. is Chair of the Graduate Program in Neuroscience at the University of Illinois at Chicago (UIC) and Director of the Neural Control Of Movement Laborary at UIC. Visit: http://mcl.mvsc.uic.edu to learn more about the Motor Control and Movement Disorders Group at the University of Illinois at Chicago
Compounding pharmacist and nutritional counselor Randy Mentzer answers questions about the effectiveness (or potential danger) of medications and supplements that are being used by listeners to treat the symptoms of Parkinson's disease. Visit to order CD's of Parkinsons Recovery radio shows.
As both a psychotherapist and a long-term yoga teacher, Barbara Gage takes an integrative approach to her life’s professions, often combining both practices to help her clients achieve optimal mental health and physical well-being.
On sale September 17, 2013, Yoga and Parkinson’s Disease: A Journey to Health and Healing, co-authored by Peggy van Hulsteyn, Barbara Gage, and Connie Wilson, is an easy-to-follow and encouraging yoga guide which specifically acknowledges the needs and limitations of a Parkinson’s patient. In addition to the physical postures helping a PD student gain strength, balance, limberness, flexibility and elasticity, the components of yoga that Barbara tries to instill as a psychotherapist are calm, confidence, improved self-image, emotional/mental stability, spiritual awareness and meaning.
Listen in to learn how yoga can help Parkinson’s patients breathe and stretch their way to a more accepting and fulfilling existence.
Barbara Gage’s website: http://barbaragage.com/
Yoga and Parkinson’s Disease product page: http://www.demoshealth.com/prod.aspx?prod_id=9781936303502
Key questions everyone wants answers to are: what causes the symptoms of Parkinson's disease and what can you do about it? Dr. Jacyln Gisburne, Ph.D., has profound answers to both of these questions. She has focused her research attention on identifying the circumstances that cause the symptoms of Parkinsons using a neurofeedback technology known as beta resets. After working with a wide range of persons with Parkinson's symptoms, Dr. Gisburne finds that the cause is often rooted in ea
What do virtual reality and gaming have to do with Parkinson’s disease? In this show, Dr. Nathan B. Herz, a professor of occupational therapy at Georgia Health Sciences University, discusses gaming technologies that potentially can slow the progression of symptoms and increase function in individuals with Parkinson’s disease. For nearly a decade, Dr. Herz has conducted research using the Wii Gaming System with clients diagnosed with Parkinson’s disease at the GHSU Movement Di
Over the past 30 years Sharry Edwards has pioneered a fascinating technology known as Bioacoustics. She uses a 30 second recording of your voice to diagnose the imbalances that are currently present. For example, are your symptoms caused in part by a deficiency in vitamin D3 or zinc or a defect in a specific gene or eating GMO foods? There are so many possibilities that it becomes overwhelming for everyone. How does she do this? Each aspect of the body (whether it is an organ, vitamin, minera
It is safe to say that it has been controversial for over 200 years on whether alcoholism is based on a disease theory or of bad moral judgement. Lets have a discussion about the research I have found on this serious and most important issue that effects millions of people today. Alcohol is contributed to the top three leading causes of deaths in the United States with them being domestic violence, homicides, and suicides. We need to educate our young ones, however, our adults need to the facts in order to educate them. Listen in for a lesson. I'll be glad to take any questions or concerns you may have concerning this topic. www.blogtalkradio.com/ritahodges
Chef Skai is a Vegan and Raw food Chef, a Nutritional Consultant, Doula, and Natural Lifestyle Coach. She has over 15 years’ experience in the holistic health care field including nutritional and herbal consulting, natural birthing and parenting, managing and owning a vegan café, juice bar and catering business in Baltimore, MD…The Yabba Pot, and a host of other healing services. She is considered by many to be one of the most passionate wellness connoisseurs of our younger generation.
Join Lotus Speaks as she and Skai Juice discuss Healng Disease Through Nutrition and Lifestyle... Tune into to learn about the Soul Master Vegan Progam that Skai is offering.
On SWFL Happenings our guest today Dr. Joseph Magnant will be discussing the difference between Vein Disease and Diabetes when it comes to open wounds not healing and other similar symptoms that occur. Often open wounds that do not heal are attributed to having diabetes but that may not be the case.
Dr. Joseph Magnant earned his Doctorate in Medicine and performed his General Surgery internship and residency at the Medical College of Virginia Hospitals in Richmond, Virginia. He completed his Vascular Surgery fellowship at Dartmouth-Hitchcock Medical Center in Hanover, New Hampshire and is certified by the American Board of Surgery in Vascular Surgery.
He is an active member of The Society for Vascular Surgery, The American College of Phlebology, The Southern Association for Vascular Surgery and is also a Fellow of the American College of Surgeons.
Join Host Live Chats
- Hagmann and Hagmann Report (484 chatters)
- Dr DREAM and Laura Eisenhower (211 chatters)
- KNOW THE LEDGE RADIO (60 chatters)
- Russ Dizdar (32 chatters)
- JohnMcTernan (31 chatters)
- MHHS Eyes Wide Open (26 chatters)
- Curious Times (23 chatters)
- thelordshour (22 chatters)
- Symmetry of Soul (20 chatters)
- RCRadio (18 chatters)
- New Colony Network (17 chatters)
- Mystic Light and Shadows (16 chatters)
- Cat Scratch Radio (16 chatters)
- Dead Air Paranormal Radio (15 chatters)
- Messages From Beyond (14 chatters)
- BacktoBasicsRadio (11 chatters)
- Psychic Melinda (10 chatters)
- Journey Into Light (10 chatters)
- Pagans Tonight Radio (9 chatters)
- Paranormal Geeks Radio (9 chatters)
- Pro MMA Now Radio (9 chatters)
- Talk Jamaica (8 chatters)
- The View from Montana (8 chatters)
- Brain Injury Radio (7 chatters)
- 63504 (7 chatters)
- Indy Showcase Radio (6 chatters)
- InThePaint (6 chatters)
- The Drop Night Show (6 chatters)
- The Will and Thunder Show (6 chatters)
- Underground Professor Radio (5 chatters)
- Lorries Talk News Radio (5 chatters)
- SUPER HOST (5 chatters)
- civilalert (5 chatters)
- Conservative Nation Media (5 chatters)
- dtm radio (5 chatters)
- HoneySoul (5 chatters)
- Garrett Miller Radio (4 chatters)
- gamechangersradio (4 chatters)
- Dead End Sports (4 chatters)
- AACONS (4 chatters)
- BLACK SATIN RADIO LIVE (4 chatters)
- Talking Smooth Jazz (4 chatters)
- KDCL Media (4 chatters)
- Jay King Network (4 chatters)
- Paranormal Realm Radio (3 chatters)
- The Annoying Peasants (3 chatters)
- T J Sotomayor (3 chatters)
- Prophecy Quake (3 chatters)
- Restoring Your Reality (3 chatters)
- Americas Most Haunted (3 chatters)
- Ed Ymiah Gospel Revealed (3 chatters)
- FIREFOXNEWS ONLINE (3 chatters)
- FreedomizerRadio (3 chatters)
- Growl Radio (3 chatters)
- Cubanarama (3 chatters)
- Zaiyahs House (3 chatters)
- Warrior 4 Truth Radio (2 chatters)
- URN Radio Network (2 chatters)
- The Watchman Is216 (2 chatters)
- Game Centric Radio (2 chatters)
- Gamer Girls Radio (2 chatters)
- drinkfive Podcast (2 chatters)
- AOW Productions (2 chatters)
- NDB Media (2 chatters)
- MUTHA WIT WISDOM (2 chatters)
- On Tap Radio Network (1 chatters)
- Kawakab (1 chatters)
- KLJN 107 7 (1 chatters)
- Radio by Renford (1 chatters)
- Suzanne Toro (1 chatters)
- Talk2Q (1 chatters)
- Angel Heart Radio (1 chatters)
- Dollhouse Radio by India Morel (1 chatters)
- Crs Radio Caribbean Radio Show (1 chatters)
- churchboi (1 chatters)
- HME Radio (1 chatters)
- GrustleHardRadio (1 chatters)
- Get Lifted Radio (1 chatters)
- GodKiller (1 chatters)
- The Sunday Hangover Podcast (1 chatters)
- Variety Radio Online (1 chatters)
- un0mic (1 chatters)
- Real Talk The Movement (0 chatters)