SORT BY Relevancy
Tam's Healthy Kitchen World Tour where together we travel the world to exotic locals, discovering the healthiest and most delicious cuisines on the planet! In the food you find history, culture, and love of the people who prepare and share it! Our first Stop is Ethiopia right here in Seattle's Central District at Assimba on the corner of MLK and Cherry.
I have always been drawn to the people, the culture and the food of Ethiopia! There is even a chapter dedicated to it in the THK World Vegetarian ebook. Came across Assimba on my seemingly illusive search for pure gluten free organic Ethiopian Cuisine. Listen and meet the owner, Messelu to learn more about this unique conscious restaurant, the culture and it's healthy nutrient rich cuisine.
Visit Assimba and let them know Tam sent you!
2722 E Cherry St Seattle, WA 98122 Call: 206.322.1019
Get Gaiam TV Free Here
Ever been to Ethiopia? Join talented Toronto-based travel writer Maureen Littlejohn as she visits Travel Itch Radio to talk about her trips to remote Ethiopia and other exotic climes. She's also been to Australia and has a ticket to Swaziland. Join Dan Schlossberg and Christine Tibbetts as they visit with Maureen on BlogTalkRadio.com Thursday 7/19 at 8p EDT. Call in questions at 914-338-0314. See you on the radio!
1. "In the year that Tartan came to Ashdod, when Sargon the king of Assyria sent him, and he fought against Ashdod and took it,
2. at the same time the Lord (God) spoke by Isaiah the son of Amoz, saying, "Go, and remove the sackcloth from your body, and take your sandals off your feet."
The Gist of Freedom is honored to interview Historian Harry Bradshaw Matthews. Mr. Matthews will lecture on the African American Freedom Journey and how it included the Genealogy of Revolution that resulted in the scholarly preparation of an ethnic identity as Colored Americans of the typical branch of the Ethiopia Race.
Last year, the Economist magazine slotted Ethiopia as the fourth fastest economy in the world, ahead of China. The World Bank report “Doing Business 2010” ranks Ethiopia in the top 10 African nations in terms of the ease of doing business. The Ethiopian government is trying to strengthen local and regional businesses and attract foreign direct investment.
Martin Savidge, Ethiopian businessman Ermyas Amelga and economics professor Phillip LeBel discuss how easy it is to do business in Ethiopia
As Baba Wesley Gray traines for his 15 New York Cith Marathon in 2014, he shares with us the and exciting elements of this years auspicious race.
"The New York City Marathon returned after a one-year absence with big crowds, heightened security and a familiar champion. Geoffrey Mutai successfully defended his title Sunday, 11/3/13, while fellow Kenyan Priscah Jeptoo came from behind to win the women's race. Brons resident Buzunesh Deba finished runner-up for the secound straight time in her hometown event.
Fans again packed the 26.2 mile course, undaunted by the events of the past year. The 2012 NYC Marathon was canceled because of the devastation of Superstorm Sandy, but not before many New Yorkers were enraged by initial plans to hold the race.
After the bombings at April's Boston Marathon, bomb-sniffing dogs roamed the course, and barricades limited access points to Central Park. A record of 50,740 runners started the race through the five boroughs.
Mutai, pulled away around Mile 22 and beat Ethiopia's Tsegaye Kebede by 52 seconds. On a windy morning, Mutai's time of 2 hours, 8 minutes, 24 seconds was well off his course record of 2.05:06 set in nearly perfect conditions two years ago. He is the first man to repeat in New York since Kenya's John Kagwe in 1997-98. Kebede, the london Marathon champ, clinched the $500,000 bonus for the World Marathon Majors title. Priscah Jeptoo, the 2012 Olympic silver medalist and 2013 London Marathon Champ won in 2:25:07 to clinch the $500,000 World Marathon Majors bonus."
Meghan Barr, Michael Casey and Vernea Dobnik contributed to this report.
Join Lulabee and her Co Host as they tackle this topic .
(Reuters) - Nearly 30 million people are living in slavery across the globe, many of them men, women and children trafficked by gangs for sex work and unskilled labor, according to a global slavery index released on Thursday. It found that 10 countries accounted for 76 percent of the 29.8 million people living in slavery - India, China, Pakistan, Nigeria, Ethiopia, Russia, Thailand, the Democratic Republic of Congo, Myanmar and Bangladesh. Modern slavery was defined as human trafficking, forced labor, and practices such as debt bondage, forced marriage, and the sale or exploitation of children. The index by anti-slavery charity Walk Free Foundation ranked 162 countries on the number living in slavery, the risk of enslavement, and the strength of government responses to combating the illegal activity.
Lulabee also pays tribrute to her daughter.
Adopting a toddler is NOT the same as adopting an infant or adopting a school aged child. As the waiting times for international adoption increase more families are adopting older babies and toddlers. Foster care adoptions are also increasing and families are facing the unique issues associated with adopting children between the ages of 1 and 4. Join our guest Mary Hopkins-Best, author of Toddler Adoption: The Weaver’s Craft, to learn about the rewards and challenges of adopting a toddler., and tips for easiing their transition into your home. This is a re-aring of a classic Creating a Family show from 2008. Enjoy. toddler adoption, adopting a 2 year old, adopting a 3 year old, special need adoption, waiting times for adoption.
Dr. Enawgaw Mehari is Chief of the Neurology Department at Morehead Clinic and St. Claire Regional Medical Center in Kentucky, Consultant Neurologist, and Adjunct Faculty Member, University of Kentucky, Honorary Faculty, Addis Ababa University, Ethiopia and the founder and CEO of People to People Inc. (P2P), a nonprofit organization that aims to improve health care and reduce AIDS in Africa, particularly in Ethiopia. Ethiopian-born Enawgaw Mehari, MD, did his neurology training at University of Kentucky, Fellowships in Pain management and neurophysiology at Case Western University in Cleveland and Neuro AIDS at University of Washington in St. Louis .He began practicing neurology with specialties at the Morehead Medical Specialist and St. Claire Regional Medical Center. He is the current chief editor for the Horn of Africa Journal of AIDS. Dr. Mehari has published several articles and published several chapters for medical books, including his latest books "Triangular partnership, the power of the Diaspora" and the Ethiopian medical history. Dr. Mehari is a frequent speaker at major international health care and medical education conferences and meetings.
Author Keith Clayton Holmes,
Black Inventors, Crafting Over 200 Years of Success, highlights the work of Black inventors from over seventy countries. The author, Keith C. Holmes, has spent more than twenty years researching Black inventors from countries that include Australia, Bahamas, Barbados, Canada, Cuba, Ethiopia, France, Germany, Ghana, Dominican Republic, Guadeloupe, Guyana, Haiti, Italy, Jamaica, Japan, Kenya, Mozambique, Nigeria, St. Vincent, South Africa, Tanzania, Trinidad and Tobago, the United Kingdom and the United States. Without inventions, innovations, financial resources, materials, muscle and labor saving devices, civilizations cannot exist and flourish.
This book documents a number of inventions, patents and labor saving devices conceived by Black inventors. Among many other inventions, pre-enslaved Africans, developed agricultural tools, building materials, medicinal herbs, cloth and weapons. Although historical documents emphasize that millions of Black people arrived in Canada, the Caribbean, Central and South America and the United States under slavery's yoke, it is relatively unknown that thousands of Africans and their descendants developed numerous labor-saving devices and inventions that spawned companies which generated money and jobs, worldwide. While most authors focus primarily on American and European inventors, Keith Holmes introduces inventions, both past and present, that Black people, developed and patented globally and multiculturally.
Join Host Live Chats
- Hagmann and Hagmann Report (499 chatters)
- Channel Panel (59 chatters)
- The Oracle Speaks (37 chatters)
- The Portal (28 chatters)
- Rifleman (28 chatters)
- Allfaaraa Live (25 chatters)
- Contending 4 Truth Radio (20 chatters)
- thelordshour (15 chatters)
- African History Ntwk (12 chatters)
- The Middle Men (12 chatters)
- Occult Science Radio (11 chatters)
- Omega Man (11 chatters)
- 5D Media Network (11 chatters)
- SpeakEasy Cafe (10 chatters)
- Radio Jihad Network (9 chatters)
- Move to Amend (7 chatters)
- LettesChat (7 chatters)
- allietheissshow (7 chatters)
- We Built That Network (7 chatters)
- Brain Injury Radio (6 chatters)
- Hidden Wisdom Radio (6 chatters)
- Papa CE (6 chatters)
- Tarhaka (5 chatters)
- Uncensored Radio (5 chatters)
- Wicked Edge (4 chatters)
- Sport City Chefs (4 chatters)
- Bill Murray (4 chatters)
- BITEradio me (4 chatters)
- Avis Ambassador of Love (3 chatters)
- American Refugee Radio (3 chatters)
- Art Bulla (3 chatters)
- HitMan Ministries (3 chatters)
- SoulSistaRadio (3 chatters)
- SWBRA Radio (3 chatters)
- RotoRadio (3 chatters)
- Nikki Rich (3 chatters)
- Open Talk with Les Jackson (3 chatters)
- Kardec Radio (3 chatters)
- KayakFishingRadio (3 chatters)
- Word On The Water1 (3 chatters)
- TheLegacyOfANation (3 chatters)
- The Tailgate Show (2 chatters)
- Totally Driven Radio Network (2 chatters)
- Twin Radio (2 chatters)
- Wrestling in 30 minutes or less (2 chatters)
- Wisdom2Win (2 chatters)
- Lardy Miss Clardy (2 chatters)
- Lawful Remedies with Tony Davis (2 chatters)
- HOV Radio (2 chatters)
- International Life Coach Radio (2 chatters)
- Its Not Me Its You (2 chatters)
- JCOvercomersMinistri (2 chatters)
- mashahba (2 chatters)
- MKSPCG (2 chatters)
- Sister LaTeta (2 chatters)
- SISTERS IN HARMONY (2 chatters)
- HIPOLITIX (2 chatters)
- Robert Cardoza Live (2 chatters)
- Fins Radio (2 chatters)
- Caribbean Radio Show CrsRadio (2 chatters)
- GRANNY GANJA (2 chatters)
- CrystalClearSpeaks (2 chatters)
- Debate Talk 4 U (2 chatters)
- Diary of A Psalmist (2 chatters)
- Fan vs Fan Radio Network (2 chatters)
- Asylum Fantasy Football Podcast (2 chatters)
- Beyond the Class (2 chatters)
- Bull Riding Rodeo Connection (1 chatters)
- Cinema Royale (1 chatters)
- Clive Hudson Master Blaster (1 chatters)
- American Statesman (1 chatters)
- Armand Dupuis (1 chatters)
- FanSportsandPolitics (1 chatters)
- dtm radio (1 chatters)
- Destiny Empowerment (1 chatters)
- Diane Grimble Ministries LIVE (1 chatters)
- FootballGameplan (1 chatters)
- HME Radio (1 chatters)
- Hogic Online Radio Show (1 chatters)
- HONEY DRIP RADIO (1 chatters)
- SOUL 1 RADIO (1 chatters)
- The Chronical of Ladi Kay (1 chatters)
- The Love Zone USA (1 chatters)
- Suzanne Toro (1 chatters)
- Hip Hop National Radio (1 chatters)
- Jets Zone Radio (1 chatters)
- UNDAWIRRLDRADIO (1 chatters)
- Unmasked with Authoress Lyle (1 chatters)
- The Power Play Network (1 chatters)