SORT BY Relevancy
Environmental Awareness - Beth Terry, author of Plastic-Free: How I Kicked the Plastic Habit and How You Can Too
A practical guide to ridding your life--and the planet--of plastic!
Like many people, Beth Terry didn't think an individual could have much impact on the environment. But while laid up after surgery, she read an article about the staggering amount of plastic polluting the oceans and decided then and there to kick her plastic habit. Now she wants to teach you how you can too. In her quirky, humorous style--well known to the readers of her popular blog, My Plastic-Free Life--Terry provides personal anecdotes, stats about the environmental and health problems related to plastic, and personal solutions and tips on how to limit your plastic footprint.
Beth's book includes handy lists and charts for easy reference, ways to get involved in larger community actions, and profiles of individuals-- Plastic-Free Heroes--who have gone beyond personal solutions to create a change on a larger scale. Plastic-Free also includes chapters on letting go of eco-guilt, strategies for coping with overwhelming problems, and ways to relate to other people who aren't as far along on the plastic-free path. Plastic-Free is a must-read for anyone concerned about the ongoing health and happiness of themselves, their children, and the planet.
To purchase Beth's book from Amazon.com, click here
For more information visit: http://myplasticfreelife.com/
in Self Help
The pillars of Mindful Awareness:
Non-judging -becoming the observer develops empathy and compassion for self and others Patience - training the mind to refrain from auto-pilot reactiveness by choosing to respond with loving kindness Beginners mind - training the mind to become present Trust- ourselves so that we can trust the unfolding process Non-striving- no action is an an action of self-mastery, choosing instead to observe Acceptance - bridges the conscious and unconscious states of being in the present Letting go As a rule, most defects of character involve some imbalance in the expression of and the experience of our most basic human needs. For example, sexuality and ambition are problematic when our experiences of those drives are imbalanced or codependent.
If we are addicted to intensity that is expressed either acting out sexually or are driven by unbridled ambition to the point of workaholism, these expressions have become hardwired habits and are defects we can address. Our sixth step prayers need not be "Make me sexually anorexic " or "I will live an austere life as Nun or a Monk "
Rather, we might pray, "I surrender. May I personify healthy expression of my sexuality" or "Channel ambition into enhancing my private life as well as my work life."
We are behaving authentically when our beliefs, actions, goals, and results are aligned with who we are—our self. It is a congruence between our actions and our strengths, values and goals.
We become authentic when the path we choose through life is congruent with who we are. It is a congruence between who we are and what we do. An authentic choice is a decision congruent with doing your best.
On this Saturday Episode of The Beautiful Butterfly Show we will be Discussing Prostate Cancer Awareness. Even in 2013 we have Men whom are still afraid to go to the doctor. Its time for us to start encouraging our Men to act on their Health.There are alot of venues offered to women for a number of issues , but when it comes to men's health, their issues are not really spotlighted. Tune into and be prepared to take notes on Prostate Screening, and Signs of Prostate Cancer!
in Self Help
This show is dedicated to Breast Cancer Awareness month.
On todays show we will be discussing the awareness of breast cancer, symptoms, the importance of early detection and prevention.
We will also hear from breast cancer survivors on their personal experience, and their journey with this disease.
Call in LIVE at (646)595-3015 to join the discussion with your questions and/or comments.
As always, we hope to leave you enriched, inspired, and empowered!
Anup Shah Brings Strong Environmental and Leadership Experience to Position The Metro Atlanta Chamber (MAC), which represents more than 4,000 member companies and 1 million workers in the region, today announced that Anup Shah will be joining MAC as vice president of environmental affairs.Shah brings extensive leadership and environmental experience to MAC. Most recently, he worked as a design manager and principal engineer for Brown and Caldwell, an engineering and environmental consulting firm in Atlanta, where he was responsible for coordinating multiple design projects in the Southeast. During his tenure there, he also directed several large projects in the water/environmental arena and developed sustainable design solutions, resulting in lower costs.
Join Host Live Chats
- Curious Times (33 chatters)
- WGAG Radio (30 chatters)
- KNOW THE LEDGE RADIO (24 chatters)
- TheAllfactsShow (19 chatters)
- Tens or Chops (18 chatters)
- Love Productions (18 chatters)
- Marti Oakley (16 chatters)
- Omega Man Channel 2 (16 chatters)
- BC Motocross Weekly (16 chatters)
- DYNASTY NETWORK 1382 (16 chatters)
- mrmakeithappen (14 chatters)
- Jay King Network (11 chatters)
- African History Ntwk (11 chatters)
- BacktoBasicsRadio (11 chatters)
- CSTC Podcast Network (10 chatters)
- Lorries Talk News Radio (10 chatters)
- Dave in the City (9 chatters)
- Ms KiKi (8 chatters)
- Bards Logic Political Talk (7 chatters)
- The Revolutionary (7 chatters)
- AMCpress news and views (6 chatters)
- Ed Ymiah Gospel Revealed (6 chatters)
- The School of Shamanism (5 chatters)
- Sack Heads Radio Show (5 chatters)
- UCLA Football (4 chatters)
- Nerdy 30s (4 chatters)
- RHeart (3 chatters)
- Apostle Malcolm Spurlock (3 chatters)
- Unseen World (3 chatters)
- teamgrindhard (2 chatters)
- The Game Exchange (2 chatters)
- Delicious Talk (2 chatters)
- Dusk Spot Radio Network (2 chatters)
- JCOvercomersMinistri (2 chatters)
- Prayer International (2 chatters)
- Robert Mark Todd (2 chatters)
- Nerdy Black Chicks Talk Radio (2 chatters)
- Lhilanac Enchantments (1 chatters)
- ROAD2STARDOM RADIO (1 chatters)
- Pilates Progressions Program (1 chatters)
- men empowered (1 chatters)
- Fli Music Radio (1 chatters)
- Foundation1 OF RASTAFARI (1 chatters)
- FreedomizerRadio (1 chatters)
- HME Radio (1 chatters)
- Hot Topics Talk Radio (1 chatters)
- Boyd and Lucinda (1 chatters)
- Cynthia Andrews (1 chatters)
- The URC Show (1 chatters)
- TalkNChitwTraCGmore (1 chatters)
- That Nerd Show (1 chatters)