SORT BY Relevancy
Entrepreneurship Revolution is the talk show that is hosted by entrepreneur and educator, Dr. Hayward Derrick Horton!!! We discuss cutting-edge and contemporary issues on entrepreneurship, self-employment and small business development!!! Feel free to leave messages on the Blogtalk message board or visit our website, www.entrepreneurshiprevolution.com !!!!
A lot of you are making your New Year Resolutions and are thinking about taking the leap of faith into entrepreneurship. In this espisode, I want to talk about my own next leap into entrepreneurship, my past successes and failures, and how God has used them to influenc the decisions I make now.
Denise Griffitts Interviews Bernd Schoner
A success story in tech entrepreneurship—Bernd Schoner is the cofounder of ThingMagic, a garage-grown RFID technology company led by a small group of MIT Media Lab graduates. An early innovator of the Internet of Things, Schoner led his company through the ups and downs of a startup, ultimately selling to Trimble Navigation, a multibillion-dollar, multinational tech company, where he currently works as the VP of Business Development for ThingMagic.
In his new book, The Tech Entrepreneur’s Survival Guide: How to Bootstrap Your Startup, Lead Through Tough Times, and Cash In for Success (McGraw-Hill, May 2014), Schoner brings aspiring entrepreneurs face-to-face with the harsh realities of a tech startup. He provides an all-encompassing look at entrepreneurship, from inception to exiting, highlighting both the glory and the pain.
Startup secrets Bernd will share:
The work/life balancing act for entrepreneurs
What you need to know when comparing incubators, accelerators and angel investors
Juggling immigrant entrepreneur issues or expiring student visa for a U.S.-based startup
Assembling your founders’ team based on both skill set and personality traits
How to keep your investors properly informed and keep the money coming, even when revenue is down
Being an entrepreneur is a thrilling and rewarding experience. But getting your business off the ground requires a lot more than just a bright idea.
Social innovations are new strategies, concepts, ideas and organizations that meet social needs of all kinds. Today startups are adding social components to their business models in an effort to meet the growing social needs in education, health and community development. But, what are some of the pitfalls and what are investors doing to help meet the growing capital needs social entrepreneurs have today? Can social innovation work in a capitalist society? Kate Knight, Executive Director of The GroundFloor chats with host, Cynthia Nevels, about first mentor-driven social innovation fund and their effort to connect social innovation and entrepreneurship. Tune in August 19, 2014 at 11:30 a.m. CDT on Disrupt Radio to learn more. Follow us on Twitter and like us on Facebook for exclusive inside stories covering business, technology and crowdfunding.
Join Host Live Chats
- NDB Media (49 chatters)
- Lucky Mojo Curio Company (38 chatters)
- Journey Into Light (13 chatters)
- Heavy Metal Mayhem (12 chatters)
- VernonHale (10 chatters)
- Realms Revealed (9 chatters)
- Destruindo Fortalezas (8 chatters)
- Dino Dean (6 chatters)
- Local Live Music (6 chatters)
- THE Collision of Faith Politics (5 chatters)
- Psychic Vibrations (4 chatters)
- Berean Bible Chapel Online Church (4 chatters)
- latinaafrican (4 chatters)
- AmericanMuslim360 (2 chatters)
- Bleed Blue Show (2 chatters)
- Dianne T (2 chatters)
- EPiphany The 4REALRADIONETWORK (2 chatters)
- Wise Words with OneGone (2 chatters)
- Random Radio Revolution (1 chatters)
- NPE X Daily Bible READ (1 chatters)
- The Live By Terrence Network (1 chatters)
- The Wacko Network (1 chatters)
- TRUE SKOOL RADIO (1 chatters)
- Everything Kathy B (1 chatters)
- GANGSTERS SPORTS (1 chatters)
- Dr Mara Karpel Your Golden Years (1 chatters)
- mtmoore31 (1 chatters)
- NATurally Nat (1 chatters)
- JackNewtown (1 chatters)
- Kingdom United Ministries Network (1 chatters)
- Brother Sean X (0 chatters)