SORT BY Relevancy
Listen to The Michael Imhotep Show, Tues. Aug, 25th, 10pm-12midnight EST with host Michael Imhotep of The African History Network. We’ll discuss “How Philadelphia Made African American History Mandatory for Graduation”!!! CALL IN WITH Questions/Comments at 1-888-669-2281. POST YOUR COMMENTS. WE MAY READ THEM ON AIR. Listen online at http://tunein.com/radio/Empowerment-Radio-Network-s199313/ or by downloading the "TuneIn Radio" app to your smartphone and search for "Empowerment Radio Network" or at www.AfricanHistoryNetwork.com.
1) A new municipal judge in Ferguson, MO on Monday ordered sweeping changes to court practices in response to the DOJ report. He ordered that all Arrest Warrants issued before Dec. 31st 2014 be withdrawn. 2) Students In Philadelphia Can’t Graduate Without Taking African-American History. This needs to be nationwide. 3) A juror in the Johnathan Ferrell shooting death says it was Ferrell who was actually on trial. 4) Republican Presidential Candidate Mike Huckabee shows his ignorance about Black Lives Matter and Dr. King. 5) This date in African American History – Althea Gipson and The Red Summer Riots of 1919.
Dr. Kirleen Neely joins me today for a talk about African-American Women and Hair Shaming. Joining us is Briana Belardo, owner of Natural Hair Texas. We’re going to be talking about understanding the historical context of hair shaming, the impact the media has had on African-American women and their hair, the current natural hair moment, and Dr. Kirleen’s research to understand the dynamics of this phenomena. We’re also going to chat about how and IF white women can really be a part of this movement. Tune in to hear more.
ABOUT PLAID FOR WOMEN:
Plaid for Women radio is produced to give you information, advice and resources to manage “The Business of Life”. Our goal is to help you achieve your goals, get connected, and be heard.
LET’S GET SOCIAL!
Plaid FB: http://www.Facebook.com/PlaidforWomen
Plaid TW: http://www.twitter.com/plaidforwomen
CONTACT INFO FOR TODAY'S GUEST:
Kirleen Richardson Neely PhD, LPC-S
12030 Bandera road #108 Ste. D
Helotes, TX 78023
OUTTRO MUSIC BY JACK T. BLUES
You are invited to participate on today's program (Africa On The Move), as we discus the theme: 'African Women Are Talking: Race, Class, Gender & Liberation.' Join Us on Sunday, April 9, 2015 from 7 - 9 PM EST. You can listen to the program by dialing in at (323) 679-0841 or join us online at: www.blogtalkradio.com/africa-on-the-move
Join us today on Women Leading the Way Radio, as Michelle Bergquist, your host of Women Who Lead, interviews Silvia Mah, Co-founder of Hera Fund.
Silvia brings an important discussion to the table regarding how more women investors are supporting female entrepreneurs in the start up and growth phases of their business. Hera Fund is an angel group for female angel investors who want to fund and support female founders. Hera Fund connects entrepreneurs with funding agencies through strategic alliances and local events.
Learn about the upcoming Hera Venture Summit: Building Bridges! This event will offer female entrepreneurs and female, funding angel investors the opportunity to learn about the local investment culture, and network with female founders & female funders.
Silvia Mah’s primary focus is in on empowering, nurturing, and sustaining women-owned businesses in San Diego and nationwide, Silvia believes in investing in socially relevant new ventures that will allow women to break through barriers in order for the next generation of women entrepreneurs to grow even more.
As the CEO and Co-Founder of Connected Women of Influence, Michelle Bergquist is a passionate advocate for women in business. At Connected Women of Influence, we believe that more women need to lead in business and everything we do is center-focused on designing platforms, programs, connections and collaborative opportunities for b2b women to prosper, succeed and lead the way in business today!
TONIGHT: Listen to The Michael Imhotep Show, Mon. May, 25th, 10:00pm-12:00midnight EST (7:00pm-9:00pm PST) with host Michael Imhotep. We'll discuss “The History of Memorial Day and It’s African American Origins”. We’ll also talk about the acquittal of Office Michael Brelo in Cleveland Ohio. CALL IN WITH QUESTIONS/COMMENTS & LISTEN AT (914) 338-1375. Listen online LIVE and the archived show here: http://www.blogtalkradio.com/theafricanhistorynetworkshow/2015/05/26/the-history-of-memorial-day-and-its-african-american-origins or www.AfricanHistoryNetwork.com.
TONIGHT: Listen to The Michael Imhotep Show, Wed. May, 27th, 10:00pm-12:00midnight EST (7:00pm-9:00pm PST) with host Michael Imhotep founder of The African History Network? We’ll discuss “Five on The Black Handside: The History of the “Dap” and African American Handshakes”. Did you ever wonder where the “Dap” came from, fist bumping, etc.? CALL IN WITH QUESTIONS/COMMENTS & LISTEN AT (914) 338-1375. Listen online LIVE and the archived show here: http://www.blogtalkradio.com/theafricanhistorynetworkshow/2015/05/28/five-on-the-black-handside-the-history-of-the-dap-and-african-american-hands or www.AfricanHistoryNetwork.com.
1) Five on The Black Handside, the history of the “Dap” and African American Handshakes. 2) Baltimore City Schools layoff notices go out. 3) The Justice Department issues reforms to fix Cleveland policing. What is next? 4) This date in African American History – Elijah McCoy, Inventor
WORDS MAKE PEOPLE guest on Sunday August 16th is Dr. Debra Majeed of Beloit, WI (Beloit College). Join us from 1-3 p.m. (EST) on Station IWDM. Call in at (714) 816-4673 and press 1 if you desire to ask question or make a BRIEF comment.
In June, the University Press of Florida will released “Polygyny: What It Means When African American Muslim Women Share Their Husbands” by Debra Majeed.
YOU DON'T WANT TO MISS THIS THOUGHT PROVOKING INTERVIEW AND DISCUSSION ON A REAL-LIFE TOPIC.
The publisher’s description follows of this book states:
Debra Majeed sheds light on families whose form and function conflict with U.S. civil law. Polygyny–multiple-wife marriage–has steadily emerged as an alternative to the low numbers of marriageable African American men and the high number of female-led households in black America.
This book features the voices of women who welcome polygyny, oppose it, acquiesce to it, or even negotiate power in its practices. Majeed examines the choices available to African American Muslim women who are considering polygyny or who are living it. She calls attention to the ways in which interpretations of Islam’s primary sources are authorized or legitimated to regulate the rights of Muslim women. Highlighting the legal, emotional, and communal implications of polygyny, Majeed encourages Muslim communities to develop formal measures that ensure the welfare of women and children who are otherwise not recognized by the state.
Listen to The Michael Imhotep Show, Fri. Aug., 28th, 10pm-12midnight EST with host Michael Imhotep of The African History Network. Our guest will be G. Brown of The Reel Network discussing African American entertainment news and even more importantly, the Images of African Americans in the Media. CALL IN WITH Questions/Comments at 1-888-669-2281. POST YOUR COMMENTS. WE MAY READ THEM ON AIR. Listen online at http://tunein.com/radio/Empowerment-Radio-Network-s199313/ or by downloading the "TuneIn Radio" app to your smartphone and search for "Empowerment Radio Network" or at www.AfricanHistoryNetwork.com and click on “Radio Shows” at the top of the page. We’ll be broadcasting also on Periscope at @MichaelImhotep for part of the show.
1) G. Brown of The Reel Network discussing African American entertainment news and even more importantly, the Images of African Americans in the Media. 2) Today is the 60th Anniversary of the death of 14 year old Emmett Till who was killed for whistling at a White Woman in Mississippi in 1955. 3) This week is the 10 year Anniversary of Hurricane Katrina. What is education like 10 years later in New Orleans? 4) This date in African American History.
Join Host Live Chats
- Rainbow Warrior GodDess (19 chatters)
- the LMC Radio Network (17 chatters)
- The One People Oneness Radio (14 chatters)
- Andrea Shea King (14 chatters)
- Joeygiggles (13 chatters)
- Lauren Tenney (11 chatters)
- Rated G Radio (11 chatters)
- Ra Sekhi Radio (8 chatters)
- The Rad Reality Show (8 chatters)
- Dead Air Paranormal Radio (7 chatters)
- The Forbidden Fruit (6 chatters)
- Erotic Talk Radio (5 chatters)
- BacktoBasicsRadio (5 chatters)
- WGAG Radio (5 chatters)
- The Watchman Is216 (4 chatters)
- Beyond the Airwaves TIP (4 chatters)
- Gonzo After Dark (4 chatters)
- HOV Radio (3 chatters)
- JADE Radio Network (3 chatters)
- Fellowship of Deliverance (3 chatters)
- drkate (3 chatters)
- Enterpraisement Media Group (3 chatters)
- carsonscorner (2 chatters)
- Chocolate Sity (2 chatters)
- The Fortress (2 chatters)
- The Hilltop Radio Show (2 chatters)
- SURN Host (2 chatters)
- Xclusive Jamz Nation (2 chatters)
- You are Boring (1 chatters)
- Truth Emerges (1 chatters)
- RLS Network (1 chatters)
- The Lisa Affect (1 chatters)
- HIP HOP IS NOT DEAD (1 chatters)
- HME Network (1 chatters)
- MichICAN Nightly Radio Show (1 chatters)
- PHL Sports Nation (1 chatters)
- King Jordan TALK SHOW (1 chatters)
- LadiesTellAll (1 chatters)
- Culture Freedom Radio Network (1 chatters)
- Anthony Aniano Sports Show (1 chatters)
- Bikers of America (1 chatters)
- Black Whole Radio (1 chatters)
- God In The Midst (1 chatters)
- Drunken Radio (1 chatters)
- FreedomizerRadio (1 chatters)
- G Konsciousness Radio (0 chatters)