SORT BY Relevancy
I was recently asked a question about my take on interfacility transport EMS as opposed to 911 EMS. I thought it would be a good idea to highlight this topic this week along with another longtime question - Ambulance vs. Fly Car response. Join us for this episode and be sure to post your comments below.
EMS has a language of it's own. Have you ever tried talking to someone outside of EMS about a call you had, the way you do things at work or even explaining how a protocol works? They usually get confused, don't understand or it's just too much and they don't care.
They may even think you are cold or uncaring based on a story you may tell or frustration you described from a call.
This week we talk about this language and why we do it, how it helps us cope and if we should even bring outsiders into our little inside stories.
We also plan on talking about how easy it is to treat from the sidelines and specifcally a recent EMS/Police issue from NYC that was video taped and is being judged from the sidelines of FaceBook and other social media outlets.
Join Jim, Josh and Dave as they discuss the above and welcome any guest callers and chat room participants live.
EMS is tough. Lots of training, stress, patients, families and even supervisors all make a days work in the EMT/Paramedic life. But what about when your very own partner is a total ass. Maybe to you, to patients or even other health care professionals?
How do you handle this type of personality trait? If you have been in EMS for a bit you are sure to have been exposed to some extent a partner like this or may even still are.
Join us for this episode as we talk about ways to deal with these "partners" on a personal and professional level.
We will also be answring some listener questions and maybe even a few hot news topics thrown in for good measure.
Visit Jim at http://emsseo.com and Josh over at http://wantynu.com
Join us for another fast paced episode of EMS discussion. This week we bring up the topic of trust in EMS. How do we develop trust with our patients, ED staff and our EMS partners? Each has its own approach and it's own value in how we do our jobs and how successful we are as EMS Professionals.
Listen live, call in toll free or chat with us during the show.
Don't forget to subscribe to us on Itunes using the tabs here on BTR and be sure to leave us a quick rating while you are there.
Since it is SuperBowl Sunday Jim and Josh teamed up early in the day and gave some opinion and experiences working EMS interfacility. Some may say thats a job for those who can't hack 911. What about you? Take a listen and leave your comments below.
Join us on Facebook at http://facebook.com/emsofficehours
EMS Week 2014 has begun. Oh the fun, prizes, days off and benefits of being an EMS provider are finally bestowed upon us all.
Or - it is business as usual and the one week that is named EMS Week is shared with other events, requires us to be on a week long public awareness campaign and often is overlooked by even our management.
Hey we are not looking for too much, but maybe just like during Nurses Week you see posters and ads that say "Thank a nurse" we could have something similar. Instead of lets show the public the ambulance, teach first aid or CPR for free and make sure we get to the ED to maybe get a free meal before the rest of the "EMS" peeps get it all. (rest of EMS meaning ED tech, nurses, docs and housekeeping).
Join us for your EMS week joy installment and start the week off right. Call in or chat live to share all you are getting for EMS Week and what you will be doing to celebate this special week.
Join the live EMS Paramedic talk radio show with Jim Hoffman and Dave Brenner this week. Josh may call in and join the crew as a car cast. This week we talk about 24 hour shifts, 12 leads and other great EMS topics.
Join us live in the chat room and feel free to call in toll free during the show with your comments and questions
Join us for the live EMS Paramedic radio show. Jim, Josh and Dave will bring their own topics and open the back of the ambulance doors so you can add your own to the jump bag.
The bag is as full as ever but we can jam some more in as always. This week:
OMG EMT <- Jim watched a few episodes - pleazzzzzzz.
In hospital time, EMS utilization and it's effects on patient care
Summertime, drownings and July 4th shenanigans.
Plus member questions and more.
How is your summer going so far? It's early June and time for another EMS Rapid Fire episode where we discuss anything here on the show. EMS news, social media, training and more. We are sure to bring up questions we recieved from the listeners since the last episode and answer them live on the air.
Thoughts for this week.
Have the number of non emergent calls increased since you started EMS?
What are some key con ed training you should have AFTER EMT/Paramedic graduation?
Facebook, Twitter feeds and the general buzz about town.
Join us via live chat or call in toll free with your questions, comments and EMS stories.
Join us on Facebook at http://facebook.com/EMSOfficeHours
Do you think we lie in EMS? To our patients, our partners or our bosses. Perhaps to avoid uncomfortable questions, to keep the peace or to keep our jobs.
Join us for this episode and tell the truth. Have you ever lied as an EMS provider?
Bring us your story, maybe it was a litlle white lie or maybe it was something you didn't want to own up to.
Have you been to Turbo Medic lately? New content is being added all the time. This month is a chest pain assessment video, a trauma and MOI video presentation and we just added a new area that will focus 100% on EKG reading. Get details at http://turbomedic.com
Join Host Live Chats
- Hagmann and Hagmann Report (468 chatters)
- Talk Real Solutions (41 chatters)
- Eric Balkman (31 chatters)
- Underground Professor Radio (29 chatters)
- KNOW THE LEDGE RADIO (27 chatters)
- WGAG Radio (24 chatters)
- Ms Blue (23 chatters)
- ParanormalReview (20 chatters)
- BacktoBasicsRadio (19 chatters)
- Israelite Heritage (15 chatters)
- Curious Times (13 chatters)
- JohnMcTernan (13 chatters)
- thelordshour (13 chatters)
- AltCon Radio (11 chatters)
- FUTURE OF MENTELLECT RADIO (11 chatters)
- Souls Eye View Too (9 chatters)
- TruthWorks Network (9 chatters)
- The Plus Effect of BPC (8 chatters)
- TonyWolfPaw (8 chatters)
- NWO Truth Radio (6 chatters)
- Minn4Freedom (6 chatters)
- FWrestling and EFed Guerillas (5 chatters)
- The Paranormal and The Sacred (5 chatters)
- TalkNChitwTraCGmore (5 chatters)
- TamidAscended (4 chatters)
- Royal Thieves Radio (4 chatters)
- The Revolutionary (4 chatters)
- The Steven James Experience (4 chatters)
- The Watchman Is216 (4 chatters)
- G Konsciousness Radio (4 chatters)
- Diva Spot Radio (4 chatters)
- MASTERTEACHER33 (4 chatters)
- Mystic Light and Shadows (4 chatters)
- Quagmire America (4 chatters)
- Journey Into Light (3 chatters)
- LCS (3 chatters)
- Daytime After Dark (3 chatters)
- Aquarian Radio (2 chatters)
- Beyond the Airwaves TIP (2 chatters)
- righteoushustle (2 chatters)
- Straitway (2 chatters)
- SoapTalk Lets Dish (2 chatters)
- The Coffee Club (1 chatters)
- The Prime Directive (1 chatters)
- Two Sides Of The Story Productions (1 chatters)
- TJMorrisETRadio (1 chatters)
- SURN Host (1 chatters)
- T J Sotomayor (1 chatters)
- patriots united (1 chatters)
- mashahba (1 chatters)
- Crs Radio Caribbean Radio Show (1 chatters)
- Andrew Aloha (1 chatters)
- JackNewtown (1 chatters)
- Injustice System (1 chatters)
- Fire Talk Radio (0 chatters)