SORT BY Relevancy
I was recently asked a question about my take on interfacility transport EMS as opposed to 911 EMS. I thought it would be a good idea to highlight this topic this week along with another longtime question - Ambulance vs. Fly Car response. Join us for this episode and be sure to post your comments below.
This week we discuss post traumatic stress disorder in EMS. How do we deal with it, how does it effect us and our performance in the field?
Join us for this dicussion along with other topics of interest.
This podcast is sponsored by EMS Manager. You can get a free trial of thier innovative EMS scheduling software at http://emsmanager.net Sign up today.
This week we talk about the part time EMS provider. The volunteer, the person who uses EMS as a part time income or because they enjoy the rush, the change from a desk job. Does this type of workforce help or hurt us as a profession? How does this demographic in EMS effect the supply and demand for employers?
How does this all translate to those of us who depend on EMS for our livelihood? Join us for this discussion and bring your experiences and opinions.
This episode is sponsored by EMS Manager. They have an easy to use and innovative employee management and scheduling software that you can get a customized free trial of by going to http://emsmanager.net and signing up today.
Last week we talked about EMS being a hobby. This week we steer the conversation a little bit and discuss the sharing of responsibilities.
EMTs doing ALS, firefighters doing EMS and now even law enforcement giving drugs that traditionally only advanced level EMS providers could give.
Do these types of skill set cross overs help EMS as a profession or do they further the perception that ANYONE can do our job at minimal cost.
Join us with your thoughts.
This episode is sponsored by EMS Manager. Be sure to sign up for a free trial of their software at http://emsmanager.net
Do you have a passion for EMS? Seek out training, surround yourself with like minded professionals. Do you read the blogs, the articles the websites? More importantly do you show the passion in your work, with your patients and coworkers?
For some EMS becomes just a job, a place for a paycheck, a pit stop on the way to other careers. This can be frustrating for those who have a passion to see. Then once in awhile you see or hear a story and it makes you realize that most of us in EMS are truly passionate.
Whether paid or volunteer it takes a certain someone to be an EMS professional. Join us as we discuss just who that someone is. It may just be you.
This episode is sponsored by EMS Manager. Sign up for a free trial of their innovative employee scheduling software at http://emsmanager.net
The topic of EMS providers being able to demand higher pay is often seen in various blogs, forums and facebook groups.
We have even discussed it here on the show several times and points of view about education, training, nursng etc have all come up.
But what is that sweet spot? What is the "number' that would be fair based on our training and education? Do you have one in your head that you think is fair?
Fueled by the recent JEMS report, this is lining up to be a great episode.
Join us for this episode as we discuss pay in EMS, getting more of it and what should be the starting or end point in EMS salary ranges.
====== This episode is sponsored by EMS Manager. Get a free trial of this powerful EMS employee scheduling software at http://emsmanager.net
====== JEMS article can be seen at http://www.jems.com/article/surveys/2013-jems-salary-workplace-survey
Jims favorite episode is here. The monthly Rapid Fire show. Anything goes as always but there will be some 9/11 discussion this week as well.
Bring your EMS stories, comments and opinions.
We are sponsored by EMS Manager. An innovative and easy to use EMS employee scheduling software. You can get a free trial over at http://emsmanager.net
We are back live after a two week break and will bring some real and unreal EMS headlines and answer a few complex questions sent in by listeners.
This is set to be a great show, listen in, chat live or call in toll free.
This episode is sponsored by EMS Manager. Sign up today for a customized free trial of their employee scheduling and managment software. http://emsmanager.net
Do you see EMS as a career? A profession worthy of education and dedication at the individual level?
Or do you view it as a stepping stone.
Recently there been some discussion on two real sections of EMS. The ambulance drivers and the paramedics.
Join us for our take on this along with more discussion on everything EMS.
EMS Office Hours is sponsire by EMS Manager. Sign up for a free trial of this powerful time and money saving employee sheduling software here http://emsmanager.net
You may have seen many times how EMS has an identity crisis. If you take a step back it really is no wonder. It seems we are forever trying to come up with a name, what that name means and what anyone who holds that name can or can't do.
Does it start at EMT and end with Community Paramedic? Ambulance driver or Nurse?
This week we ask the question "How can we decide on a name when we can't decide on the job we want to do?"
Should we be sticking with what we know before trying to look at other things that may be mucking up the gears?
Join us for this episode and share what you think EMS should really be.
This episode is sponsored by EMS Manager. Celebrate their latest milestone of 1000 customers by signing up for your very own free trial of their EMS employee management software by visiting http://emsmanager.net today.
With recent events in Boston and Texas, the idea of situational awareness for EMS providers is one where we should evaluate and re-evaluate our roles. But while you often hear about situational awareness and may even be keenly aware of it during these calls, the actual situation itself can often have us abandoning training, in favor of saving lives.
Come join us as we discuss these events, emergency response and other hot topics in EMS.
This episode of EMS Office Hours is sponsored by EMS Manager. Get a free trial of this employee scheduling and management software by clicking here.
Join Host Live Chats
- Hagmann and Hagmann Report (494 chatters)
- Namaste Farms (26 chatters)
- Journey Into Light (21 chatters)
- Curious Times (19 chatters)
- Winging It In Motown (19 chatters)
- reactionariez (16 chatters)
- thelordshour (14 chatters)
- StarChasr (13 chatters)
- The One People Oneness Radio (13 chatters)
- The Wacko Network (12 chatters)
- Alan Roger Currie (12 chatters)
- Healing Light Radio (12 chatters)
- HisWordHisWay (11 chatters)
- Andrea Shea King (11 chatters)
- GodKiller (10 chatters)
- Jay King Network (10 chatters)
- Indy Showcase Radio (9 chatters)
- Dollhouse Radio by India Morel (8 chatters)
- Libertys Thunder (8 chatters)
- The School of Shamanism (7 chatters)
- Common Sense Psychic (7 chatters)
- AltCon Radio (7 chatters)
- in5d (7 chatters)
- TheExceptionalConservativeShow (6 chatters)
- Sandiee (6 chatters)
- Shifting Times Radio (6 chatters)
- Love Productions (6 chatters)
- Minn4Freedom (5 chatters)
- Lorries Talk News Radio (5 chatters)
- Ed Ymiah Gospel Revealed (5 chatters)
- Erotic Talk Radio (5 chatters)
- FIREFOXNEWS ONLINE (4 chatters)
- Christina Cooper Psychic (4 chatters)
- drkate (4 chatters)
- Mystic Light and Shadows (4 chatters)
- The View from Montana (4 chatters)
- Tribe Radio (4 chatters)
- Universal Radio (4 chatters)
- The Seika Network (3 chatters)
- Talking Terror Presents (3 chatters)
- Positive Controversy (3 chatters)
- Royal Thieves Radio (3 chatters)
- League Source (3 chatters)
- E3 Radio (3 chatters)
- 63504 (3 chatters)
- Cubanarama (2 chatters)
- Brain Injury Radio (2 chatters)
- Business 411 (2 chatters)
- FreedomizerRadio (2 chatters)
- Gamer Girls Radio (2 chatters)
- Garrett Miller Radio (2 chatters)
- FFN On The Air (2 chatters)
- Grok Radio (2 chatters)
- KennethLocklin (2 chatters)
- Nation Building Movement (2 chatters)
- NDB Media (2 chatters)
- Revelation Radio Network (2 chatters)
- SportsTalkLine (2 chatters)
- The NTuned Show (2 chatters)
- Warrior 4 Truth Radio (2 chatters)
- WE RESISTERS RADIO (2 chatters)
- TRUE RADIO ENT (1 chatters)
- The World Transformed (1 chatters)
- Stone Soup Moving Feast (1 chatters)
- mahiir tarik bey (1 chatters)
- Marti Oakley (1 chatters)
- mashahba (1 chatters)
- Kyle Preston Radio Show (1 chatters)
- Kawakab (1 chatters)
- HUGS Radio Show (1 chatters)
- Elijah Jamal (1 chatters)
- God In The Midst (1 chatters)
- civilalert (1 chatters)
- CLNSRadio (1 chatters)
- AOW Productions (1 chatters)
- Crs Radio Caribbean Radio Show (1 chatters)
- David Fournier (1 chatters)