SORT BY Relevancy
I am a Certified Holistic Health Counselor, Intuitive Healer, and Reiki Master. I also practice Jin Shin Jyutsu and EFT, and I am a member of the American Association of Drugless Practitioners (AADP). At the Institute of Integrative Nutrition I studied a diversified approach to achieving and maintaining health.
My clients receive individually tailored health programs, based in whole foods and bodywork. Each personally designed program integrates mind, body, and spirit to achieve the optimal results. I believe there is no one healing modality that suits everybody. I also believe there must be reciprocal respect in both the allopathic and alternative healing communities.
Emily, a Toronto native, was first introduced to yoga in New York City where she was studying theater and the art of becoming an anxiety-ridden insomniac! At the time, the thought of Yoga meant slowing down, which meant terrifying and seemed better suited for “hippies” and “tea people”, not she! But after accidentally stumbling into her first class, she was shocked to discover that this “slowing down” was not only the most challenging sweaty work-out she’d ever had, but for the first time in ages, she felt calm. Excited and inspired to learn more, she began her study and practice of Yoga. Emily completed one of Moksha Yoga’s first 800-hour teacher trainings in Thailand where she was lucky enough to study with Susi Hately Aldous, Ted Grand and Jessica Robertson, Frank Boccio, and more. It was on this trip that Emily, Deena and Jess planted the seed of a distant dream to one day open Moksha Yoga LA… Cut to: Years later. Emily now lives in LA, teaches Yoga privately all over LA, is the creator of Yoga Theater for Kids (which she taught in schools, and foster youth programs throughout Los Angeles), has just finished performing her LA debut of her One-woman show…when Deena said something like “Ok, so are you ready to open up Moksha Yoga LA yet now, or what??”, to which she said yes and the rest is history. Emily is grateful to her teachers both present and past such as Annie Carpenter, Kia Miller, Bryan Kest, Gurmukh, Liz Olesky, Jasmine Lieb, the Robertson Family tree, her wonderful meditation mentors, Jeanne Pisano and Ken McLeod and to her students, the greatest teachers of all.
Emily also has a passion for philanthropic work. Within the first two years of being open, Moksha Yoga LA raised over $160,000 for charities around the world. Founder of Sweat for Change has raised $115,000 for Little Kids Rock
This a old show will back next week!!!
Join Host Live Chats
- Tens or Chops (25 chatters)
- TheAllfactsShow (19 chatters)
- Omega Man Channel 2 (16 chatters)
- mrmakeithappen (13 chatters)
- BacktoBasicsRadio (10 chatters)
- Ed Ymiah Gospel Revealed (6 chatters)
- The Revolutionary (6 chatters)
- Sack Heads Radio Show (5 chatters)
- Apostle Malcolm Spurlock (4 chatters)
- Unseen World (3 chatters)
- Robert Mark Todd (2 chatters)
- Dusk Spot Radio Network (2 chatters)
- FreedomizerRadio (2 chatters)
- Hot Topics Talk Radio (2 chatters)
- JCOvercomersMinistri (2 chatters)
- TalkNChitwTraCGmore (2 chatters)
- The Game Exchange (2 chatters)
- Nerdy Black Chicks Talk Radio (2 chatters)
- Pilates Progressions Program (1 chatters)
- ROAD2STARDOM RADIO (1 chatters)
- HME Radio (1 chatters)
- Boyd and Lucinda (1 chatters)
- Cynthia Andrews (1 chatters)
- The URC Show (1 chatters)