SORT BY Relevancy
President Obama visited Pathways in Technology Early College High School (P-TECH) last week to discuss his administration's education agenda. He called for high-quality pre-school for every 4-year-old in the country, access to high-speed Internet for all students, lower college costs, and schools that are redesigned to teach high-tech skills.
My guests, Heather Hiles, Founder and CEO of PathBrite, and Dr. Debra Mahone, Director of State and Federal Programs for the Prince George's County Public School District, will talk to us about what technology in education really looks like for educators and why technology is critical to ensuring equity for all students.
Host Allison R. Brown is a civil rights attorney and President of Allison Brown Consulting (ABC), which works with schools and other organizations to create education equity plans and promote equity in education.
Why is it important to talk about poverty in education? How do we do that in a way that is respectful and meaningful?
Many times, discussions about education reform intentionally conflate race and class. There are a few reasons for this, including that the federal courts have slowly closed the courthouse doors to claims of race discrimination in education. Courts also have almost completely prohibited voluntary efforts to create racial diversity in schools. As a result, equity proponents have been forced into a difficult position - using socioeconomic status as a proxy for race. This often leaves educators, community members, and others thinking about poverty only in terms of race. Our special guest, Dr. Adriane Williams, will equip listeners with the necessary tools to navigate between the overlapping worlds of race and poverty in education.
I have invited some of my lawyer friends to Know-It-All to talk about the law and education and the work they do every day to ensure that children all over this nation receive a quality education. We'll talk about the school-to-prison pipeline, access to advanced courses, special education, charter schools, and more.
Join me; Shakti Belway, a civil rights attorney and expert; Timothy Riveria of the Advocates for Justice and Education, Inc.; and Stephen Chen, a civil rights attorney for the federal government, for an in-depth look at how the law impacts education.
Host, Allison R. Brown, is a civil rights attorney and President of Allison Brown Consulting (ABC), which works with schools and other entities to create education equity plans and promote equity in education.
The Education Trust recently released a new report, "The State of Education for Native Students." This report found that while achievement gaps for students of color are slowly closing, academic achievement for American Indian and Alaska Native students has stagnated, contributing to widening gaps between Native students and their white peers.
On this episode of Know-It-All, the author of the report, Natasha Ushomirsky, and Daria Hall, both from the Education Trust, will join us to talk about the report's findings and about those schools that have gotten it right for Native students.
Host, Allison R. Brown, is a civil rights attorney and owner of Allison Brown Consulting (ABC), which works with schools and other entities to create education equity plans and promote equity in education.
We are told over and over that schooling is an indispensible aspect of society, yet the most fundamental and essential skills required to be productive and happy as an individual are typically glossed over.
One example of this is how shools argue and fight over teaching kids sex education, but there is no relationship education or courses teaching students how to build great relationships and search for love while also protecting themselves from hurt.
This is so obvious it boggles the mind, yet the so called "educated" experts have not thought of this... or have they and they simply have an agenda. Can you think of any reasons why schools would teach sex education without first teaching relationships?
Watch me Live through Ustream
Watch my Youtube Videos
We are more than "just a man on the planet Earth"
We are more than a robot, working from morning till night, working for the sake of working We are more than the body, trying to ascend and become immortal We are more than God attempting to awaken We have God out of our ranks, merit, education, practice, age
NCSS EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR SUSAN GRIFFIN IS OUR GUEST AND SHE BRINGS WITH NCSS PRESIDENT STEVE ARMSTRONG. THE SAINT LOUIE CONFERNCE IS AROUND THE CORNER. CAN'T HAVE A DEMOCRACY WITH GOOD CIVICS AND SOCIAL EDUCATION. MORE ON THAT ALL SHOW
Join Host Live Chats
- Phoenix3333 (189 chatters)
- John Baptist (143 chatters)
- Tha Boxingvoice Radio Show (49 chatters)
- Jamie The Psychic (43 chatters)
- Pine Ridge Warriors (38 chatters)
- Straitway (33 chatters)
- Metaphysics and Awareness (28 chatters)
- Well Armed Radio (23 chatters)
- GATHERING OF CHRIST CHURCH (21 chatters)
- The NIGGA CHURCH (20 chatters)
- Cross Encounters (19 chatters)
- Gecko Nation Radio (16 chatters)
- Marti Oakley (15 chatters)
- Underground Professor Radio (15 chatters)
- Journey Into Light (14 chatters)
- Dead Air Paranormal Radio (13 chatters)
- BacktoBasicsRadio (13 chatters)
- thelordshour (12 chatters)
- MMA Jam Live (11 chatters)
- The Wacko Network (10 chatters)
- The Psychic Viewpoint (9 chatters)
- Viviendo con los Angeles (9 chatters)
- Yammering Lew with Gavin (8 chatters)
- Ohio Exopolitics (8 chatters)
- Psychic Melinda (8 chatters)
- Donny C (8 chatters)
- ExpandingU RADIO (7 chatters)
- Gracie DeBrock (7 chatters)
- Life Conversations (7 chatters)
- Mike Shorten (7 chatters)
- Starborn Support Radio (7 chatters)
- OPWR (6 chatters)
- Pagan Musings Podcast Channel (6 chatters)
- The Crow and Moore Show (6 chatters)
- The School of Shamanism (6 chatters)
- KDCL Media (6 chatters)
- 5D Media Network (6 chatters)
- XWINGER RADIO (6 chatters)
- Wolf and the bear Network (5 chatters)
- TWR Radio (5 chatters)
- DYNASTY NETWORK 1382 (5 chatters)
- Michael Buffalo (5 chatters)
- MCRMedia Marlins Country Radio (4 chatters)
- On The Move with Mack Worley (4 chatters)
- Crs Radio Caribbean Radio Show (4 chatters)
- BBQSuperStars (4 chatters)
- Bram Sarkowskis Spitball Show (4 chatters)
- Josh and Paul (4 chatters)
- Type1RadioAshram (4 chatters)
- We Built That Network (4 chatters)
- Whisper Out Loud Radio Network (3 chatters)
- USA live (3 chatters)
- Visual Thoughts Network (3 chatters)
- YMcTierXEmpowerment4All (3 chatters)
- Generation Orange A Dynamo Podcast (3 chatters)
- Fan vs Fan Radio Network (3 chatters)
- Nation Building Movement (3 chatters)
- Louis Teverini and Freddy Doll (3 chatters)
- The Single Connection (3 chatters)
- Survival Radio Network (3 chatters)
- Tarvino (3 chatters)
- Lets talkXXXGod is not Religious (3 chatters)
- PEAS IN THEIR PODS (2 chatters)
- The Hereafter Is Now Network (2 chatters)
- The World of Ideas (2 chatters)
- MKSPCG (2 chatters)
- Forward Boldly (2 chatters)
- Endless Encouragement (2 chatters)
- Bill Murray (2 chatters)
- 63630 (2 chatters)
- Innovative Black Men (2 chatters)
- Jay King Network (2 chatters)
- Welcome to Proper Manors USA (2 chatters)
- Lance Scurv (1 chatters)
- Kardec Radio (1 chatters)
- Grab Some Bench (1 chatters)
- GEI Radio (1 chatters)
- GRAYMAN (1 chatters)
- Immortal Magic (1 chatters)
- JasonAdams3 (1 chatters)
- BLACK SATIN RADIO LIVE (1 chatters)
- Brain Injury Radio (1 chatters)
- Clive Hudson Master Blaster (1 chatters)
- Real Talk with Mike and Steve (1 chatters)
- Sandra Booker (1 chatters)
- SISFI Human Wellness Radio (1 chatters)
- Thriving Minds (1 chatters)
- BDSIR NETWORK (0 chatters)
- UGMAG3 (0 chatters)