SORT BY Relevancy
Thank You for joining us today on 'Be A Healthy Caregiver' hosted by Chris MacLellan, 'The Bow-Tie-Guy' on Blog Talk Radio!
Today's Guest: Nate Purpura from eHealth, Inc.
Today's Topic: The Financial Struggles in Caregiving
There is an estimated 44 million working family Caregivers in the United States today. Recent studies also indicate that due to time off of work, Caregivers can expect to lose wages totaling over $140,000! According to eHealth Insurance, about one-third of adults who provide unpaid care for their elderly parents say they'll have to use their own retirement savings to help their parents financially.
Our guest today, Nate Purpura, is the Director of Public Relations for eHealthmedicare.com and eHealthinsurance.com - division of eHealth, Inc has spent the last decade working in the health care and insurance industries.
Having a grasp of finances is a critical component to Caregiving, but at times, an area that can be left unattended.
Through our conversation with Nate, we will learn why Caregivers often struggle with finances, along with gaining some helpful tips to make this area of our Caregiving journey less stressful so that we can all 'Be A Healthy Caregiver!'
On the Friday September 27th 2013 at 1PM Pacific/4PM Eastern broadcast of this week in health innovation we're continuing our countdown to health 2.0 silicon valley aka 'the fall classic' series with a very special guest with an encore performnance see 'Lounging with Lygeia'. Lygeia Riccardi aka @lygeia on twitter is the Director, Office of Consumer eHealth, Office of the National Coordinator for Health IT at HHS.
We'll hear from this standard bearer and superb spokesperson for patient centered healthcare and the empowerment of those who interact with the health system either directly or indirectly through access to personal health information.
On Lygeia plate is the broader message of the 'epatient' movement as well as related key initiatives including Blue Button Plus.
We'll get Lygeia view on health reform, patient engagement and the ONC including what's in her line of sight at the Health 2.0 Fall Classic.
This month we will be featuring a series of interviews with various subject matter experts about Healthcare IT and how cloud, collaboration, security, mobility and other emerging technologies are impacting the industry.
Joel E. Barthelemy, Founder and Managing Director of GlobalMed, which is leading provider of telehealth hardware and software R&D, design, engineering, manufacture and support.
This month we will be featuring a series of interviews with various subject matter experts on Healthcare IT specifically as it relates to Cloud, Collaboration, Mobility and Information Security.
Today we are speaking with Gary DePreta, Director of Federal Healthcare and Scientific Agencies at Cisco
Be sure to check out the full podcast below.
A discussion with Denise Silber, CEO of Basil Strategies, about why it is important for empowered patients ('ePatients') to attend eHealth conferences. Silber will talk about her efforts to establish and fund ePatient Travel Scholarships so that more patients can attend the third annual Doctors 2.0 & You conference, which her company is hosting.
Considered an innovator in prenatal dance and fitness, Suzanne Caesar, MA, is a perinatal fitness expert, a choreographer and founder of Rhythm For Life™. Dancing her way through two pregnancies inspired Suzanne to create her prenatal dance program, Maternal Dance™. Major news outlets such as Discovery Health Channel, NY1 News, Foxnews.com, Self Magazine, eHealth Radio and Pilates Style Magazine regularly feature Suzanne and The Prenatal Belly Dance Workout DVD, selected by the Marc
Join hosts Ben and Corey in a conversation about how mHealth innovations can change the healthcare landscape with those who have put their ideas into practice: Naomi Fried, Chief Innovation Officer at Boston Children's Hospital, and Arvin Marchel, Director of eHealth Planning and Analysis at Walgreens. We will also discuss breaking mHealth news with newsmaker Dr. Dave Albert, Co-Founder of AliveCor, who will tell us about AliveCor’s Heart Monitor which was just cleared by the FDA. In
Tune in for exclusive interviews with: Mark W. Stevens, Senior Director, eHealth Innovation at World Congress Robert L. Pakter, M.D., Founder and CEO of PillJogger Bradley Merrill Thompson, JD, Shareholder, Connected Health Practice at Epstein Becker & Green, P.C.; and General Counsel at mHealth Regulatory Coalition; and Counsel at Continua Health Alliance Sridhar G. Iyengar, PhD,
Californians, what's the future of your health records as the state works on a plan for a new health information exchange using federal stimulus money? How should they be shared, opt-in or opt-out? And who really owns your health records, including their accuracy and the rights to access them? Join a freewheeling discussion with Health 2.0 innovator and Health Information Exchange volunteer Mike Kirkwood on these topics, and get engaged right away with California's ehealth strategy.
IQPC presents Connecting Healthcare 2010. This is the podcast with David Millichap, Senior Program Leader - eHealth, General Practice Queensland. David will present at Connecting Healthcare 2010 on iHealth Care: Improving Electronic Communication between GPs, Specialists, Allied Health Professionals and Hospitals. Join us LIVE, visit http://www.connectinghealthcare.com.au , or call IQPC enquiries on 02 9229 1000 for more information, to request a brochure, or to register.
Join Host Live Chats
- Phoenix3333 (167 chatters)
- Omega News (70 chatters)
- thisisit4321 (48 chatters)
- wheresobamasbirthcertificateXcom (32 chatters)
- thelordshour (26 chatters)
- Omega Man (24 chatters)
- reactionariez (23 chatters)
- ENC HS SPORTS (22 chatters)
- Occult Science Radio (14 chatters)
- BITEradio me (13 chatters)
- Dr Pat Holliday (12 chatters)
- Debate Talk 4 U (11 chatters)
- KNOW THE LEDGE RADIO (11 chatters)
- PatriotResistance (11 chatters)
- SoapTalk Lets Dish (10 chatters)
- Conservative Nation Radio (10 chatters)
- Red vs Blue (9 chatters)
- Christian Farm and Homestead (8 chatters)
- HOV Radio (8 chatters)
- THE WATCHMEN ON THE WALL (7 chatters)
- thebuttterflyeffect (6 chatters)
- Revelation News Radio (6 chatters)
- NWO Truth Radio (5 chatters)
- Pagans Tonight Radio (5 chatters)
- Kawakab (5 chatters)
- Bill Murray (5 chatters)
- JCOvercomersMinistri (4 chatters)
- pHixYourHealth (4 chatters)
- The Paranormal and The Sacred (4 chatters)
- T J Sotomayor (4 chatters)
- WGAG Radio (4 chatters)
- The Advise Show (3 chatters)
- Xpoze Radio (3 chatters)
- UNDAWIRRLDRADIO (3 chatters)
- Royal Thieves Radio (3 chatters)
- Fins Radio (3 chatters)
- 16 Bit Assassins (3 chatters)
- Caribbean Radio Show CrsRadio (3 chatters)
- Butterfly Dreams Abuse Recovery (3 chatters)
- DVAS 2 RADIO (3 chatters)
- Billy D Online (2 chatters)
- LargeInCharge Radio (2 chatters)
- Souls Eye View Too (2 chatters)
- Unmasked with Authoress Lyle (2 chatters)
- Warrior 4 Truth Radio (2 chatters)
- Uncensored Radio (2 chatters)
- The Rainbow Bridge (2 chatters)
- TheLegacyOfANation (1 chatters)
- The Matthew Brower Show (1 chatters)
- TalkNChitwTraCGmore (1 chatters)
- TJMorrisETradio (1 chatters)
- S G SportsTalk More (1 chatters)
- Mathis Media Hub Radio (1 chatters)
- Michael Anthony Johnson (1 chatters)
- Moorish Kemetic Radio (1 chatters)
- Nation Building Movement (1 chatters)
- JoelHenard (1 chatters)
- KeyWestGrind (1 chatters)
- FIREFOXNEWS ONLINE (1 chatters)
- Funkie Media Productions (1 chatters)
- HME Radio (1 chatters)
- HONEY DRIP RADIO (1 chatters)
- InThePaint (1 chatters)
- Enterpraisement Media Group (1 chatters)
- American Preppers Radio (1 chatters)
- Andrew Aloha (1 chatters)
- Catholic Questions And Answers (1 chatters)
- Chef Cardinales Cooking Show (1 chatters)
- Chicago Girlfriends (1 chatters)
- Desperate House Witches (1 chatters)
- CAN YOU HEAR ME NOW (1 chatters)
- Daily Maintenance (1 chatters)
- Power Talk With Alarice (0 chatters)