SORT BY Relevancy
With the emergence of new trends like open government and open data, there is a perception by many that eGovernment is yesterday’s news, and has largely been completed.
In a candid conversation, Barbara-Chiara Ubaldi, head of the OECD's eGovernment unit, explains that there is much work still to be done to bring eGovernment into the daily work of the public sector.
For more information about this interview, including links and downloads - see gov20radio.com
Wednesday, Nov. 20, 6pm EST: Mitchell's guest this evening is Mark Frazier, President of Open World, an initiative designed to establish free zones for entrepreneurial development in developing countries, in areas to support and promote eco-friendly and sustainable ventures as well as educational projects.
Mark is also the co-founder of Open World Institute, promoting free and open source eGovernment solutions and offering micro-scholarships for different digital work-study projects.
Mark has extensive experience in developing market-oriented initiatives for private and public sector clients in 56 countries. A graduate of Harvard University and former Visiting Fellow of the Lehrman Institute, he is a past publisher and managing editor of Reason magazine as well as co-founder of the Local Government Center, springboard for Reason Foundation's privatization practice.
Mark specializes in economic reforms, free zones for knowledge industries, sustainability strategies for self-help groups, and skills diffusion initiatives in emerging economies.
Mark and I met recently at a seminar on Consciousness facilitated by the inimitable philosopher and teacher Yasuhiko Genku Kimura.
You can Listen on-line at www.abetterworld.tv
Or listen by phone! 602 753-1860
[More info, links and social media at gov20radio.com]
The State of Utah has been well regarded for a number of years for its portal at Utah.gov, and the University of Utah's Center for Public Policy and Administration has recently completed a study to quantify the financial benefit of delivering these online government services. The results - based on just nine online services from over 1,200 available at Utah.gov - found a total of $61 million saved over five years.
Tune in to hear from Dr Jennifer Robinson from the Utah University's Center for Public Policy and Administration and Rich Olsen from Utah Interactive talk about the findings from the report, and the importance of measuring the impact of online service delivery.
In the first of Gov 2.0 Radio's Country Profiles, we look at connected government in the United Arab Emirates.
Host Allison Hornery is joined by Salem Al Shair Al Suwaidi, the Director General of Emirates eGovernment to talk about the Emirates' journey to reach their current ranking by UNPAN's recent eGovernment survey as #1 in the Arab region.
The Black Saturday fires devastated Australia and shocked the world. Now, the Country Fire Authority of Victoria has become a leading example of the use of social media for emergency management, winning this year’s Australian eGovernment award.
Martin Anderson, CFA’s Digital Media Manager and Australian Government 2.0 Innovator of the Year for 2012, explains how the experience of the February 2009 fires highlighted the importance of social communication tools in emergency situations, and that even within a command-and-control environment, agencies need to look outside the box, be flexible and improvise.
We will be talking with Dave Fletcher, Chief Technology Officer with the State of Utah who oversees eGovernment for the state.
In this weeks episode we talk to Dr Julia Glidden who attended the eGovernment Symposium that took place in Ireland recently and her thoughts on engagement through social networks by local authorities. Leave your comments and feedback about the show at +1 818 528 4423 or drop us an email to podcampireland(at)gmail.com. Show notes will be at www.podcampireland.com.
Join Host Live Chats
- Hagmann and Hagmann Report (495 chatters)
- John Baptist (65 chatters)
- Talk Real Solutions (31 chatters)
- Jennifer Hoffman (25 chatters)
- WGAG Radio (24 chatters)
- The Lions are Out the Cage (18 chatters)
- thelordshour (18 chatters)
- DynastySoundtrack (18 chatters)
- Curious Times (18 chatters)
- Dead Air Paranormal Radio (15 chatters)
- FUTURE OF MENTELLECT RADIO (15 chatters)
- DYNASTY NETWORK 1382 (11 chatters)
- Yo Momma Black (11 chatters)
- Odwirafo (10 chatters)
- EnlightenmentEvolution Network (10 chatters)
- Minn4Freedom (10 chatters)
- David and Wes (10 chatters)
- canadianglen (9 chatters)
- Canadian Moto Show (8 chatters)
- Radio Capicu (8 chatters)
- Bridge Between Two Worlds Radio (7 chatters)
- 12kyle (7 chatters)
- AirWavesAmerica (7 chatters)
- Ms KiKi (6 chatters)
- Feldman World Group (6 chatters)
- Greg Kellogg (5 chatters)
- Bamabird29 (5 chatters)
- BFD Fantasy Football (5 chatters)
- SURN Host (5 chatters)
- The J Ril Show (5 chatters)
- FIREFOXNEWS ONLINE (4 chatters)
- Its Real Talk Radio (3 chatters)
- Dr Pat Holliday (3 chatters)
- Ed Ymiah Gospel Revealed (3 chatters)
- Truth Emerges (3 chatters)
- Soul Empowerment Radio (3 chatters)
- TJ Morris ET Radio Show (3 chatters)
- Tha Real McCoy (3 chatters)
- Top Star Hip Hop Radio (2 chatters)
- sun752 (2 chatters)
- Witch School (2 chatters)
- Blasturthoughts (2 chatters)
- Brain Injury Radio (2 chatters)
- AmericanPatriotRadio (2 chatters)
- Apostle Antonia (2 chatters)
- Debate Talk 4 U (2 chatters)
- Caribbean Radio Show CRS Radio (1 chatters)
- Bards Logic Political Talk (1 chatters)
- fireengineeringtalkradio (1 chatters)
- Metaphysics and Awareness (1 chatters)
- Soul Tree Radio X In The Raw (1 chatters)
- Rated G Radio (1 chatters)
- Opulent Network (1 chatters)
- Radio by Renford (1 chatters)
- The Hilltop Radio Show (1 chatters)
- Talk2Q (1 chatters)
- Non Partisan Liberty For all (0 chatters)
- Deon After Dark (0 chatters)