SORT BY Relevancy
OUR FAVORITE MASTER OF CONNECTIVITY, TOM WHITBY AND HIS GUEST WILL TALK ABOUT THE IMPORTANCE OF BEING CONNECTED FOR EDUCATORS NATIONWIDE/WORLDWIDE.THANK YOU TO FUNDS FOR LEARNING, THE E RATE CONSULTANTS, FOR SPONSORING THIS ONGOING SERIES ABOUT CONNECTIVITY.
Tonight we are going to talk about supporting and using technology for people with special needs entering college. And of course we will demonstrate more apps.
Call in LIVE between 9-10:30pm - 1-877-511-1030
Watch us Live and the app demonstrations at www.ustream.tv/channel/itpadd
The Watch D.O.G.S. (Dads of Great Students) Program is the largest school based father engagement program in the nation with nearly 4000 schools participating.
We will be broadcasting LIVE from the SDE Conference in Las Vegas. Terra Terango is the President of Staff Development for Educators. Staff Development for Educators is America's leading provider of professional development for PreK through Grade 12 educators. Through our On-site PD, PD Events, Web-based PD, and PD Resources, we empower teachers and administrators across the country with solutions to the most challenging issues they face.
We believe that educators have the most important job in the world. That’s why we’re dedicated to empowering educators with ongoing professional development that is not only research-based, innovative, and rigorous, but also practical, motivating, and fun. All SDE training is presented by the nation’s top authors and educational experts, with the goal of creating extraordinary classrooms that prepare our students for the evolving demands of the 21st century.
Each week, WatchDOGS Radio host Keith Schumacher and co-host Chris Danenhauer discuss how this program is impacting families and schools across our nation and in three foreign countries.
Please join our audience and call in with your questions and comments.
This episode is part of our EDUCATORS’ EDEN™ series wherein we explore the paradise that the most passionate, creative and committed educators create for themselves, their students, peers, administrations and institutions! This specific episode is, “Teaching the Overachiever!”
- Overachievers have their own internal standards and expectations for what is “good enough.” Sharing data with them regarding collective class performance will help assure the overachiever that they are performing “well enough.” They often do not understand how atypical their individual expectations are (relative to the average student performance) and are often worried that everyone else is “doing better” than they are. Any anonymous class data that helps them better understand the real life performance of their peers will be helpful for them.
-They will usually self-identify (detailed questions, requests for clarification, sit at front of classroom, reach out prior to the start of class start with questions and concerns, etc.).
-Educators must calibrate their interaction to ensure that they are “challenged” and are not bored. Supplemental content, are additional interaction are methods to keep them engaged.
-They are fastidious regarding requirements and grading feedback. Educators must provide high quality and quantity feedback.
-CAUTION: Some overachievers may be unrealistic regarding “perfection” and/ or may be self-critical. They need support and guidance helping them place activities in context (e.g., grades do not define you, have fun, etc.).
The overachiever may pose novel questions that enrich the educator skill set. Embrace your overachievers! Ensure that you are explicit, transparent, consistent and customized with all of your content, communication and interaction with this set of scholars!
CONNECTED EDUCATORS WITH TOM WHITBY
Tom's guest Adam Bellow a nationally recognized speaker for education and he is the founder and CEO of Educlipper and the founder of Edutecher.Presented by FUNDS FOR LEARNING
Join Host Live Chats
- Hagmann and Hagmann Report (499 chatters)
- thisisit4321 (69 chatters)
- Mindzmatter (25 chatters)
- Tha Boxing Voice Radio Show (23 chatters)
- The Portal (20 chatters)
- thelordshour (20 chatters)
- The Oracle Speaks (18 chatters)
- RaptureCentric101 (17 chatters)
- Radio Jihad Network (16 chatters)
- in5d (15 chatters)
- Lets talkXXXGod is not Religious (10 chatters)
- High Frequency Radio Network (8 chatters)
- DYNASTY NETWORK 1382 (8 chatters)
- Body of Christ (8 chatters)
- Bill Murray (7 chatters)
- African History Ntwk (7 chatters)
- Sweet Psychic (7 chatters)
- SpeakEasy Cafe (6 chatters)
- The One People Oneness Radio (6 chatters)
- LetsGetMetaphysical (6 chatters)
- The Wake Up Mission (5 chatters)
- dtm radio (5 chatters)
- JCOvercomersMinistri (4 chatters)
- KayakFishingRadio (4 chatters)
- MASTERTEACHER33 (4 chatters)
- MissingYouFoundation (4 chatters)
- Positively Incorrect (4 chatters)
- Rifleman (4 chatters)
- The Voice of Leadership (4 chatters)
- Trunews Radio (4 chatters)
- Rock The Ville Radio (3 chatters)
- Radio by Renford (3 chatters)
- Move to Amend (3 chatters)
- The Tailgate Show (3 chatters)
- Grizzly Bear Blues Live (3 chatters)
- eDraft Sports Radio (3 chatters)
- Art Bulla (3 chatters)
- bridge to Humanity (3 chatters)
- Conservative Report (3 chatters)
- Contending 4 Truth Radio (3 chatters)
- Cubanarama (3 chatters)
- Diary of A Psalmist (2 chatters)
- Crs Radio Caribbean Radio Show (2 chatters)
- Cage Side Submissions (2 chatters)
- angel coaches (2 chatters)
- Brain Injury Radio (2 chatters)
- EFT Radio (2 chatters)
- George Ramirez (2 chatters)
- Lesbian Love Talk (2 chatters)
- HisWordHisWay (2 chatters)
- HONEY DRIP RADIO (2 chatters)
- Sport City Chefs (2 chatters)
- Station IWDM (2 chatters)
- The Grace View (2 chatters)
- Men Lets Talk (2 chatters)
- Loren and Arjeana Due (2 chatters)
- RadicalFaithMin (2 chatters)
- WHTP Radio Network (2 chatters)
- URBAN CONTROVERSY RADIO SHOW (1 chatters)
- VOS FREQ9 RADIO (1 chatters)
- WHATS GOING ON by the UAC (1 chatters)
- Whisper Out Loud Radio Network (1 chatters)
- RichKid Radio (1 chatters)
- Matty Ps Radio Happy Hour (1 chatters)
- Moorish Kemetic Radio (1 chatters)
- The Janet Love Show (1 chatters)
- The Liberal Redneck (1 chatters)
- The Middle Men (1 chatters)
- SportsTalkLine (1 chatters)
- The Tim and Rob Show (1 chatters)
- TheLegacyOfANation (1 chatters)
- The Captain0 (1 chatters)
- The Forbidden Fruit (1 chatters)
- Golf Talk Live (1 chatters)
- GRANNY GANJA (1 chatters)
- ElijahFireRadio (1 chatters)
- FanSportsandPolitics (1 chatters)
- Feuersteins Fire (1 chatters)
- Bishop Maurice L Irvin (1 chatters)
- Clive Hudson Master Blaster (1 chatters)
- Cowboy Wisdom Radio (1 chatters)
- Be Not Deceived Radio (1 chatters)
- Autistic People (0 chatters)