SORT BY Relevancy
Join us Wednesday Nights at 10PM for in-depth discussions about local politics in McLennan County. We'll have special guests ranging from local to state and federal level elected officials as well as local leaders in the community.
Topics will range from Voting, Budget, Business development, Rural and Urban development, Water, Immigration, Jails, Crime, Poverty, Education and much more.
Guests are welcome to call-in to the number provided and share their opinion with host.
To request a topic , email email@example.com
This book is a fly-on-the-wall exploration and an immersion into the John Wayne mythology: his politics, his inspirations, the plots to assassinate him, his connections to Stalin, Khrushchev, and Chairman Mao, and the death of the Western.
Did you know that . . .
* Soviet dictator Joseph Stalin ordered not one, but two assassination attempts, on the life of rabid anti-Communist movie star John “Duke” Wayne, because the Duke was exposing Communist infiltration of Hollywood?
* Wayne and the FBI captured Russian hit men and turned them into assets of U.S. intelligence?
* Homegrown Hollywood Communists attempted to carry out Stalin's orders in Burbank, California only to be captured by John Wayne and the FBI, then sent to Russia?
* Communist mass murderer Mao Tse-tung sent a Chinese assassin to Vietnam, where he barely missed John Wayne at a Marine base camp, only to be captured and questioned by the Duke himself?
* John Wayne practically slugged Soviet Premier Nikita Khrushchev in 1958 - a scene that may well have been the model for George C. Scott's confrontation with the Russian general in “Patton”?
The US reptile keeping community carves a wide swath through the cross-section of the country's population. Today's guest, Bobby Duke, executes his own brand of carving... wood carving that is... that he's more than happy to incorporate into his other passion, keeping and breeding reptiles. If you've ever seen his work, you couldn't imagine there would be anything Bobby couldn't carve out of wood. CK captains this episode to take you into the mind of the guy that can immortalize your favorite critter in lignified glory, or if you'd rather have the living breathing kind, can make you one of those as well.
A little about Gina:
Award-winning author Gina Duke is a direct, point-on, expositor of God’s Word. With helpful, practical words of wisdom, she is able to speak truth in a unique and real way. Her sense of humor and down to earth application of God’s Word has made her a favorite keynote speaker. With over 15 years of leading women’s conferences, she brings a clear word and confidence for Christian living. Gina’s book, “Organizing Your Prayer Closet: A New and Life-Changing Way to Pray” (Abingdon Press) not only teaches on prayer but also facilitates it with the included 52-week structured prayer journal. In addition to her first love of ministry, Gina is the principal of her privately owned consulting firm that specializes in recruiting, training, executive coaching and strategic planning for the private sector, non-profit agencies and government entities.
Gina is married to her best friend Jamie, and is the mother of two beautiful daughters. She is a proud grandmother of two sweet little grandsons, and has one handsome son-in-law.
Meet Gina on social media:
Follow her on Twitter @TheGinaDuke
Join the conversation about her book using #OrganizingYourPrayerClosetBook
John and Dan continue previewing the 2014 ACC football season, focusing on the Duke Blue Devils this week. Other topics include (but are not limited to): the renewal of the SU-Georgetown series, last year's Duke-SU basketball games and beer.
ACC # 7 George Duke, the Duke of Funk honored on ACC
ACC pays tribute to legendary George Duke, musician, pianist, producesr and mentor to hunderds of today's great musicians.
The passing of George Duke was a HUGE loss to the music world and devastating to the musician community. This is akin to the death of Miles Davis, Duke Ellington, or Thelonious Monk. George was a great friend and mentor to solo many musicians over the decades.
His humanity, caring- ness and great humor and like- ability is legendary. Everybody loved George tremendously.
We are all grieving heavily. His musical output, as a composer, arranger, performer, collaborator and producer was voluminous;
Cannonball Adderley, Frank Zappa, Geoege - Duke Billy Cobham band, Stanley Clarke, works with Najee,
Rochelle Ferrel, Diane Reaves and hundreds of others. His recordings are literally the history of progressive jazz thought
and approach, one of the greatest jazz pianists living, and equally loved and admired as the Duke of Funk.
There will be no replacing this treasure. Music lost a major figure in the art form with his passing..
Join Host Live Chats
- High Frequency Radio Network (37 chatters)
- WGAG Radio (18 chatters)
- churchfolk (16 chatters)
- Jay King Network (10 chatters)
- Jonathan Roche (9 chatters)
- Life Conversations (7 chatters)
- Soul Solution (4 chatters)
- Spirit Medium Laura (4 chatters)
- Spiritual Tennessee (4 chatters)
- Triple DarkGodis Radio (4 chatters)
- Earth Angels Radio (3 chatters)
- BonnieAlbersOnAir (3 chatters)
- CG Presents (1 chatters)
- Coaching Impact Radio (1 chatters)
- Critical Mass Radio station (1 chatters)
- The Boochcast (1 chatters)
- The Passion Diva (1 chatters)
- LifeLearningCenterofSelf (1 chatters)
- Love Solutions (1 chatters)
- MASTERTEACHER33 (1 chatters)
- Rustie (1 chatters)
- Get It Together Girl (1 chatters)