SORT BY Relevancy
This book is a fly-on-the-wall exploration and an immersion into the John Wayne mythology: his politics, his inspirations, the plots to assassinate him, his connections to Stalin, Khrushchev, and Chairman Mao, and the death of the Western.
Did you know that . . .
* Soviet dictator Joseph Stalin ordered not one, but two assassination attempts, on the life of rabid anti-Communist movie star John “Duke” Wayne, because the Duke was exposing Communist infiltration of Hollywood?
* Wayne and the FBI captured Russian hit men and turned them into assets of U.S. intelligence?
* Homegrown Hollywood Communists attempted to carry out Stalin's orders in Burbank, California only to be captured by John Wayne and the FBI, then sent to Russia?
* Communist mass murderer Mao Tse-tung sent a Chinese assassin to Vietnam, where he barely missed John Wayne at a Marine base camp, only to be captured and questioned by the Duke himself?
* John Wayne practically slugged Soviet Premier Nikita Khrushchev in 1958 - a scene that may well have been the model for George C. Scott's confrontation with the Russian general in “Patton”?
The US reptile keeping community carves a wide swath through the cross-section of the country's population. Today's guest, Bobby Duke, executes his own brand of carving... wood carving that is... that he's more than happy to incorporate into his other passion, keeping and breeding reptiles. If you've ever seen his work, you couldn't imagine there would be anything Bobby couldn't carve out of wood. CK captains this episode to take you into the mind of the guy that can immortalize your favorite critter in lignified glory, or if you'd rather have the living breathing kind, can make you one of those as well.
A little about Gina:
Award-winning author Gina Duke is a direct, point-on, expositor of God’s Word. With helpful, practical words of wisdom, she is able to speak truth in a unique and real way. Her sense of humor and down to earth application of God’s Word has made her a favorite keynote speaker. With over 15 years of leading women’s conferences, she brings a clear word and confidence for Christian living. Gina’s book, “Organizing Your Prayer Closet: A New and Life-Changing Way to Pray” (Abingdon Press) not only teaches on prayer but also facilitates it with the included 52-week structured prayer journal. In addition to her first love of ministry, Gina is the principal of her privately owned consulting firm that specializes in recruiting, training, executive coaching and strategic planning for the private sector, non-profit agencies and government entities.
Gina is married to her best friend Jamie, and is the mother of two beautiful daughters. She is a proud grandmother of two sweet little grandsons, and has one handsome son-in-law.
Meet Gina on social media:
Follow her on Twitter @TheGinaDuke
Join the conversation about her book using #OrganizingYourPrayerClosetBook
John and Dan continue previewing the 2014 ACC football season, focusing on the Duke Blue Devils this week. Other topics include (but are not limited to): the renewal of the SU-Georgetown series, last year's Duke-SU basketball games and beer.
ACC # 7 George Duke, the Duke of Funk honored on ACC
ACC pays tribute to legendary George Duke, musician, pianist, producesr and mentor to hunderds of today's great musicians.
The passing of George Duke was a HUGE loss to the music world and devastating to the musician community. This is akin to the death of Miles Davis, Duke Ellington, or Thelonious Monk. George was a great friend and mentor to solo many musicians over the decades.
So I am walking Nike Dog this morning. I have leash and plastic bag in hand.
And then I see Duke. Duke is this hippie looking guy. He always drives up in a cruddy station wagon. He let’s out his great looking golden retriever and then – unbelievably and consistently -- lets the dog do his business – right next to the apartment property where we live. Duke and the dog get back in the car and drive off – never cleaning up the mess. And it aint a small mess either.
We’ve said something to him but he still shows up most mornings on the adjacent property and leaves the clean up to someone else.
Now I call this hippie looking guy Duke. I have no idea what his name is. But I name him after Duke Energy – the massive energy utility in the south – and especially in parts of North Carolina – near where I live. In fact, there is a plant not far from me in Wilmington. Frankly, I am a little nervous.
Join Host Live Chats
- Hagmann and Hagmann Report (500 chatters)
- thisisit4321 (84 chatters)
- Mindzmatter (31 chatters)
- thelordshour (29 chatters)
- High Frequency Radio Network (28 chatters)
- The Oracle Speaks (26 chatters)
- JohnMcTernan (24 chatters)
- African History Ntwk (24 chatters)
- in5d (22 chatters)
- Tha Boxingvoice Radio Show (22 chatters)
- Talk Real Solutions (20 chatters)
- Radio Jihad Network (20 chatters)
- Phoenix3333 (17 chatters)
- Namaste Farms (13 chatters)
- Andrea Shea King (12 chatters)
- the klicious show (11 chatters)
- Jamie Roxx (10 chatters)
- The Wacko Network (9 chatters)
- Star Nations Radio Network (8 chatters)
- HisWordHisWay (8 chatters)
- LetsGetMetaphysical (8 chatters)
- Psychics Gone Wild (8 chatters)
- A Just Cause Coast 2 Coast (7 chatters)
- SpeakEasy Cafe (7 chatters)
- The One People Oneness Radio (7 chatters)
- WacoTeaPartyWatchdog (6 chatters)
- Shifting Times Radio (6 chatters)
- Contending 4 Truth Radio (6 chatters)
- ExpandingU RADIO (6 chatters)
- Rifleman (6 chatters)
- Ed Ymiah Gospel Revealed (5 chatters)
- EnlightenmentEvolution Network (5 chatters)
- Bill Murray (5 chatters)
- Xpoze Radio (5 chatters)
- Cage Side Submissions (4 chatters)
- DiabetesSocMed (4 chatters)
- Loren and Arjeana Due (4 chatters)
- MissingYouFoundation (3 chatters)
- Da Puter Shack Karaoke Radio (3 chatters)
- Dead Air Paranormal Radio (3 chatters)
- Healing Light Radio (3 chatters)
- AIR Abundance Internet Radio (3 chatters)
- VERSATILERADIO (3 chatters)
- Sport City Chefs (3 chatters)
- The Crystal Show (3 chatters)
- The Forbidden Fruit (2 chatters)
- The Captain0 (2 chatters)
- The Liberal Redneck (2 chatters)
- SISTERS IN HARMONY (2 chatters)
- Station IWDM (2 chatters)
- We Game (2 chatters)
- WHTP Radio Network (2 chatters)
- WoT Radio0 (2 chatters)
- The Seika Network (2 chatters)
- American Preppers Radio (2 chatters)
- Art Bulla (2 chatters)
- Ask the Theologian (2 chatters)
- bridge to Humanity (2 chatters)
- Erotic Talk Radio (2 chatters)
- FIREFOXNEWS ONLINE (2 chatters)
- Gary L Wimmer (2 chatters)
- GRANNY GANJA (2 chatters)
- drkate (2 chatters)
- dtm radio (2 chatters)
- DungeonCrawlersRadio (2 chatters)
- Lennis (2 chatters)
- JCOvercomersMinistri (2 chatters)
- Innovative Black Men (2 chatters)
- Higher Truth Radio (2 chatters)
- Ohio Exopolitics (2 chatters)
- Pagans Tonight Radio (2 chatters)
- Living a Richer Life (2 chatters)
- Radio Random Network (2 chatters)
- Revelation Radio Network (1 chatters)
- RichKid Radio (1 chatters)
- Royal Thieves Radio (1 chatters)
- Marti Oakley (1 chatters)
- NDB Media Sports Channel (1 chatters)
- KayakFishingRadio (1 chatters)
- LadiesTellAll (1 chatters)
- Life Coach Radio Network (1 chatters)
- musician (1 chatters)
- Mystic Light and Shadows (1 chatters)
- E3 Radio (1 chatters)
- Drunken Radio (1 chatters)
- Dollhouse Radio by India Morel (1 chatters)
- Cowboy Wisdom Radio (1 chatters)
- Crs Radio Caribbean Radio Show (1 chatters)
- Catz1* (1 chatters)
- Clay Douglas (1 chatters)
- Clive Hudson Master Blaster (1 chatters)
- BBQSS Sports Network (1 chatters)
- BLACK MILITIA NATION (1 chatters)
- Bonnie Kaye (1 chatters)
- AOW Productions (1 chatters)
- The Steven James Experience (1 chatters)
- TheLegacyOfANation (1 chatters)
- Undead Randy (1 chatters)
- VOS FREQ9 RADIO (1 chatters)
- StonewallLive (1 chatters)
- Talking Terror Presents (1 chatters)
- The Love Zone USA (1 chatters)
- The Program Returns (1 chatters)
- We Are Not Cattle Radio (0 chatters)
- Poetic Soul (0 chatters)