SORT BY Relevancy
Renegade U.S. History: Drunks, Hookers, Lazy Workers & Slaves Note: This show is also a prerequiste to the next and hopefully, the last show on this topic in response to my leaving Renegade, Part 2 of: Reasons / Responses / The Dirty Laundry - (Renegade Broadcasting) / Commentary. This will be fully understood when listening to that show. Those of you who see through Jason (not Lugh) or witnessed my chat exchange with this idiot allowed to broadcast over there,&nbs
Drunk Time travel with DDIJ as we discuss the most famous drunks in History and our predictions for Drinking in the future! Also joining us will be Melovino Meadery the first and only Meadery in New Jersey!! Steve from Eldorado Winhouse joins us with "Booze News" and much more!! Tune in and Drink On!
Stereotypes are an interesting part of social psychology. We use this aspect of information gathering to make assumptions and conclusions about the world and the people who move around us. These supposed opinions are not always correct versions of reality. Yet, they persist.
As such, we tend to want to group people according to these stereotypes.
One such stereotype that persists is the one about hillbillies. According to comedians, popular culture, TV, and movies, hillbillies bring a definite image to mind. Drunks, dusty clothes, illiterate, uneducated, uncouth, and mountain people.
But what is the real truth about 'hillbillies'? What is the truth? Can we separate it from the stereotype or is the stereotype so ingrained, so treasured, that we cannot pull fact from fiction?
Join me as we discuss these issues with author Debbie Richard. You can call in at 646-595-2083, press 1 to be live on air. Or you can download the WLUV radio mobile app today. Any way you can, join us.
For fifteen seconds a year, Steve Buttleman is the most famous man in America. On the first Saturday of every May, sporting his famous red jacket and tiny black hat, he marches from the white pagoda behind the Churchill Downs Winner's Circle, lifts a polished brass horn to his caramel-colored mustache, and plays "Call to Post." Buttleman's rendition—a brief ditty that signals jockeys to lead their horses into the starting gate—grabs the attention of movie stars in Millionaire's Row, infield drunks, and countless television viewers. It's also the sign for Kentucky Derby fans to clutch their betting slips and start praying.
Simplifying your world with your host Brian Treybig. We bring you helpful topics, free tarot readings, psychic experiments and special guests weeknights at 10pm central. Call in to speak with the host 646-478-3271
Follow us at http://www.blogtalkradio.com/simplicityradio
Like us at https://www.facebook.com/simplicityradio
If you would like to advertise with Simplicity message us on Facebook or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
in Self Help
Tonight's special guest is Patricia Caldwell Singleton from Arkansas, a returning NAASCA family member. Patricia was a victim of incest from ages 11 to 17 and an adult child of an alcoholic. Her dad and grandfather were mean drunks who influenced her to not drink because she was afraid of becoming like them. When she was 20 Ms. Singleton met her future husband, but made no mention of her incest for the better part of a decade. She writes, "We were married for 8 years when I told him and my sister both about the incest." She continues, "In my marriage, I became a controller thinking that would make me feel safe." Eventually she began working on herself. "I started reading books on self-improvement and started working on letting go of some of my controlling behaviors. Small changes happened but still no work on the incest issues. Today I know that's called denial. Denial keeps you in the hurt." Her real healing started in January 1989 with her first 12-Step meeting in Adult Children of Alcoholics (ACA). She explains, "Those 12-Step meetings and the work I did with my sponsor saved my life and my marriage. I learned about codependency and dysfunctional families. I also went to 12-Step meetings for families and friends of alcoholics (Alanon) and found out where so many of my characteristics came from. I have written about those 12-Step meetings and the healing that I did in my blog Spiritual Journey Of A Lightworker." She's also published two books, "Silent No More" and "Growing Stronger, Growing Free" -- www.thistangledweb.co.uk/online-shop/books/
It's that time of the year again people!
It's time to celebrate and give thanks for all that we've been blessed with as we made it through another year of sacrifice, hard work and occasional discomfort to reach our goals or just plain old staying afloat!
But with the holidays comes another unexpected and unplanned occurence in the form of our ongoing family drama!
If the truth be told we ALL have those unwanted visits from those who just can't seem to get their act together yet always know that can magically appear to "drop in" on you because they know that they will always have a captive audience from which to perform their yearly crap!
Drunk uncles, freeloading cousins, crackhead sisters and evil gossiping in-laws always add spice to that ever elusive Thanksgiving celebration that always seems to be out of reach because of the peace that never seems to be in your grasp.
This year let us plan to take another huge serving of that almost guaranteed happening that comes just as soon as the turkey comes out of the oven!
Tonight on the LanceScurv show you don't have to grin and bear it, just listen in or call with your tales of drama and let us all have the last laugh and ease up our stresses from the realization that we are not in this dilemma all alone!
This my familt PROMISES to be one very funny and enlightening show!
See you there tonight!
I couldn't believe it when I heard it! My dear Sister in conversational crime Madamwhipass, gave me a shout and explained to me that predominantly in New York City and Atlanta, there are now homeless people who are purposely getting themselves infected with H.I.V. by having sex with those who are H.I.V. Positive in order to receive benefits from the U.S. Government, which include a place to live as well as other hard to acquire benefits! What is this would coming to? Only time will tell!
Ken P. was raised in poverty among what would in today’s terminology be called low-bottom drunks. He was married for 19 years to a woman who became a practicing alcoholic. He has been active in the Al-Anon recovery program for 36 years, and during the last three decades he has attended several meetings per week, sponsored many men, and spoken at a variety of 12 step conferences. He began writing about the recovery process for men with addicted family members in June of 2006 a
Join Host Live Chats
- Hagmann and Hagmann Report (497 chatters)
- Phoenix3333 (167 chatters)
- Talk Real Solutions (27 chatters)
- KNOW THE LEDGE RADIO (22 chatters)
- ExpandingU RADIO (22 chatters)
- FWrestling and EFed Guerillas (19 chatters)
- SoapTalk Lets Dish (19 chatters)
- Deliverance Today Pastor John Kyle (18 chatters)
- thisisit4321 (18 chatters)
- thelordshour (16 chatters)
- JohnMcTernan (16 chatters)
- Red vs Blue (15 chatters)
- Medium Renee Richards (15 chatters)
- Psychics Gone Wild (14 chatters)
- The Lions are Out the Cage (14 chatters)
- Dr Pat Holliday (13 chatters)
- Straitway (12 chatters)
- CULTURE FREEDOM RADIO (10 chatters)
- Bellesprit (10 chatters)
- The Wacko Network (8 chatters)
- WGAG Radio (7 chatters)
- Christian Farm and Homestead (6 chatters)
- Earth Angels Radio (6 chatters)
- Bill Murray (5 chatters)
- Chicago Girlfriends (4 chatters)
- Crs Radio Caribbean Radio Show (4 chatters)
- Souls Eye View Too (4 chatters)
- WinchesterBros (4 chatters)
- The Captain0 (4 chatters)
- The Watchman Is216 (3 chatters)
- The Pawz Cauze Show (3 chatters)
- Ohio Exopolitics (3 chatters)
- LargeInCharge Radio (3 chatters)
- LCS (3 chatters)
- DVAS 2 RADIO (3 chatters)
- EPiphany The 4REALRADIONETWORK (3 chatters)
- Grudge Talk Radio (3 chatters)
- MnM Missing N Murdered (2 chatters)
- NWO Truth Radio (2 chatters)
- JCOvercomersMinistri (2 chatters)
- The Emily Pearls Show (2 chatters)
- The Ladies Man (1 chatters)
- The Paranormal and The Sacred (1 chatters)
- The Coffee Club (1 chatters)
- TheLegacyOfANation (1 chatters)
- Tru Talk All Day (1 chatters)
- Truth Emerges (1 chatters)
- Twilight Talk Radio presents (1 chatters)
- JDWELL Women Empowerment (1 chatters)
- Jay King Network (1 chatters)
- RichKid Radio (1 chatters)
- Erica Q Cooper Talk Show (1 chatters)
- Aquarian Radio (1 chatters)
- Clive Hudson Master Blaster (1 chatters)
- BLACK SATIN RADIO LIVE (1 chatters)
- bridge to Humanity (1 chatters)
- Survival Radio Network (0 chatters)