SORT BY Relevancy
Teen hosts McMillen, Sara, and Yanira discuss the dangers of driving under the influence of alcohol or drugs, or while being distracted by texting or talking on the phone. Our guest is Phillip Rose, Underage Drinking Prevention Program Coordinator from Prevention Network.
in Self Help
Philosopher Dr. Diana Hsieh answered questions on one thought too many in egoism, drunk driving in a free society, dogs versus private property, and more in this episode of Philosophy in Action Radio.
Question 1: Does egoism suffer from 'one thought too many'?
Question 2: Should driving drunk be illegal in a free society?
Question 3: Do dog owners violate rights by allowing their dogs to poop on others' lawns?
To download or feed a high-quality version of this episode, plus show notes and other details, visit its archive page.
For more from Dr. Diana Hsieh on the application of rational principles to the challenges of real life, visit PhilosophyInAction.com.
Join Garrett for tons of fun as he welcomes Jody Iorns, Executive Director of MADD (Mothers Against Drunk Driving) for the San Francisco Bay Area. Jody will be sharing a great message and helping you talk with your teens about the benefits of staying sober! Call in with your questions or comments @ 323 657-1493. It all happens LIVE on Thursday starting 10est/7pst. LISTEN! SHARE!
WTF Radio will explore the pitfalls of how drunk drivers are the #1 killer of under 18 year old youth and how the BAC (blood alcohol concentration) system is designed so that nearly all responsible drinkers break the law despite responsible consumption. The way the BAC system is set up is much like ticketing bicyclers for exceeding a posted 15 mph speed limit on a beach boardwalk in California. One should ask: "How are cyclists to abide by a system which measures speed when bikes have no speedometers which to measure speed by?"
Enforced public BAC levels are as an ineffective measuring tool to those in need, though conveniently abscent from public access, as is the ability of drinkers to accurately predict their own BAC levels under .08 without any device or instrumentation. And those law makers overseeing DUI's almost assume drinkers are somehow suppose to "know" that their BAC levels exceed as little as a 10th of a percent above the legal limit so as to avert driving under the influence and breaking the law when exiting a bar.
And how is knowing ones BAC's done without any measuring device? By way of reciting the alphabet without missing a letter, walking a self-imposed foot-to-toe 20 step sobriety line test or "feeling" that one can handle an automobile responsibly?
I'm not sure these methods would be considered fail safe under the eyes of the law. The current nation wide technology most law enforcement agencies reliably and accurately utilize is the fuel cell breathalyzer test.
So the question then becomes why doesn't every single on premise drinking establishment provide such a measuring device so that cusomers can account for their legal limit of blood alcohol consumption prior to getting behind the wheel of an automobile? This is the question we will challenge and try to get to the root of.
Rapp MD Radio with Dr. Kadisha Rapp airs on the TCR Network at 5:30pm CST every other Tuesday. Call in 760-587-4082.
Less than 2 weeks ago, former Today Show movie critic Gene Shalit drove his Honda Element into the side of a house. Five years ago this month, I ran into the back of moving truck. What did Mr. Shalit and this doctor have in common?
Did you know that driving after being awake for 18 hours is equal to driving with a blood concentration of 0.1? A concentration of 0.08 is considered legally drunk. Do you or someone you know drive drowsy? At least half of Americans do.
November 12-18th is Drowsy Driving Prevention week. Let's discuss!
Garrett replays a BEST OF featuring Jody Iorns, Executive Director, with MADD (Mothers Against Drunk Driving). Jody's POPULAR segment from last week was requested by listeners to hear again - and Jody's statistics on Teenage Alcohol and Drug use will open your eyes. David Brehmer and Jeannine Chappell also share their story their loss due to a Drunk Driver in 2011. In the face of a tragic loss, they have come together to write "THIS HAS HAPPENED."
It's been well over a year since Da Legendary Conk™ has been on radio and much longer since he's hosted Drunk and Defiant.. The Original Drunk Show that said you to the rules and standards imposed by those who thought they knew better.
Da Legendary Conk™ hosts another episode of Drunk and Defiant Radio. What's going on in the world of Unstoppable. Some news on SCUM and FTW, Special Guest Interviews, Some BS rants, Jokes, Music, Energy!!... Tune in as we fill you in on what's going on!
And Crank your speakers cause we're about to fk this place right up!!
WHY WILL MENTELLECT BE THE NEW DRIVING FORCE OF BLACK EVOLUTION? WHAT WAS THE OLD DRIVING FORCE? WHAT IS BLACK EVOLUTION? WHO TRUE STARTED THE BLACK EVOLUTIONARY MOVEMENT? WILL A NEW RACE OF ADVANCED SO CALLED BLACK PEOPLE EVOLVE INTO A BRIGHT RACE? FIND OUT THE ANSWRS TO ALL OF THESE QUESTIONS TONIGHT AT 9PM ON FUTURE OF MENTELLECT RADIO (BLOGTALK) FEAT THE INTELLECTUAL NUBEN MENKARAYZZ/MFA
Defensive driving courses teach drivers of all ages how to drive safely to avoid accidents. One of the most predominate problems a defensive driving course tries to eliminate is distracted driving. Over the last few years, I am sure the majority of us would agree that cell phones have become one of the biggest distractions for all drivers. We all know of the potential and dangerous out come, yet we continue to use these unsafe driving habits.
Join Host Live Chats
- Mindzmatter (94 chatters)
- Pagans Tonight Radio (70 chatters)
- wheresobamasbirthcertificateXcom (64 chatters)
- Hot Button Debates (42 chatters)
- NTEB (40 chatters)
- Talk Real Solutions (32 chatters)
- Rundgren Radio (25 chatters)
- thelordshour (24 chatters)
- BigBrotherGroup (21 chatters)
- JohnMcTernan (19 chatters)
- TheInfiniteSupernaturalNetwork (19 chatters)
- Phoenix3333 (18 chatters)
- Dead End Sports (18 chatters)
- SasquatchWatch Radio (17 chatters)
- Symmetry of Soul (17 chatters)
- African History Ntwk (15 chatters)
- KNOW THE LEDGE RADIO (13 chatters)
- The Wacko Network (13 chatters)
- Dead Air Paranormal Radio (12 chatters)
- Andrea Shea King (11 chatters)
- ZacheryVanNorman (10 chatters)
- Psychics Gone Wild (10 chatters)
- Soul Empowerment Radio (9 chatters)
- Inspire Radio Network (9 chatters)
- Odwirafo (8 chatters)
- Missouri Grassroots Radio (8 chatters)
- Fins Radio (8 chatters)
- gamechangersradio (7 chatters)
- Chatting with Sherri (7 chatters)
- Messages From Beyond (7 chatters)
- Pro MMA Now Radio (6 chatters)
- Life Conversations (6 chatters)
- AIR Abundance Internet Radio (6 chatters)
- FSF Radio (6 chatters)
- American Statesman (5 chatters)
- Game Centric Radio (5 chatters)
- Loren and Arjeana Due (5 chatters)
- PRNRadioNetwork (5 chatters)
- Psychic Melinda (5 chatters)
- Ohio Exopolitics (5 chatters)
- Talk2Q (5 chatters)
- The Forbidden Fruit (5 chatters)
- TimBinnall (5 chatters)
- The Psychic Surgeon (5 chatters)
- WorldOfInkNetwork (5 chatters)
- The Real Time Radio Network (4 chatters)
- wayneG (4 chatters)
- The Hot Corner (4 chatters)
- Radio by Renford (4 chatters)
- Prophecy Quake (4 chatters)
- FuRbAbY AnD FrIeNdS (4 chatters)
- DiabetesSocMed (4 chatters)
- Conservative Nation Radio (4 chatters)
- antoinette harrell (3 chatters)
- Art Bulla (3 chatters)
- G220 Radio (3 chatters)
- patriots united (3 chatters)
- Lorries Talk News Radio (3 chatters)
- Marjorie Cole (3 chatters)
- InThePaint (3 chatters)
- Larry Csonka (3 chatters)
- Rapture Ready Radio (3 chatters)
- SpeakingXOut (3 chatters)
- SUPER HOST (3 chatters)
- Swaggercountdown (3 chatters)
- The Watchman Is216 (3 chatters)
- Zaiyahs House (2 chatters)
- Winning America Back (2 chatters)
- Random Brain Activity (2 chatters)
- The Lundyn Brown Show (2 chatters)
- Tarhaka (2 chatters)
- Lennis (2 chatters)
- Jay King Network (2 chatters)
- HONEY DRIP RADIO (2 chatters)
- MASTERTEACHER33 (2 chatters)
- Paranormal Geeks Radio (2 chatters)
- DocVaj2 (2 chatters)
- G Konsciousness Radio (2 chatters)
- Crs Radio Caribbean Radio Show (2 chatters)
- Da DNell Experience (2 chatters)
- BleachBANGSc (2 chatters)
- Brighter Business Empower (1 chatters)
- Catz1* (1 chatters)
- Clive Hudson Master Blaster (1 chatters)
- Angel Heart Radio (1 chatters)
- AltCon Radio (1 chatters)
- American Preppers Radio (1 chatters)
- Dont Tread On Us (1 chatters)
- Enough Iz Enough (1 chatters)
- Feuersteins Fire (1 chatters)
- George Ramirez (1 chatters)
- GRANNY GANJA (1 chatters)
- HomeTeam (1 chatters)
- MUTHA WIT WISDOM (1 chatters)
- Nikki Rich (1 chatters)
- Inner Child Radio (1 chatters)
- JCOvercomersMinistri (1 chatters)
- The Captain0 (1 chatters)
- THE NOW NETWORK (1 chatters)
- The NTuned Show (1 chatters)
- The RetroUnlim Network (1 chatters)
- The Smooth Jazz Ride (1 chatters)
- TJMorrisETRadio (1 chatters)
- URN Radio Network (1 chatters)
- Married Men Dont Talk Show (0 chatters)
- Pick6Mag (0 chatters)