SORT BY Relevancy
Our guest panelists today are:
Norm Stamper, Retired Seattle Police Chief and LEAP Advisory Board Member Jasmine Tyler, Deputy Director of National Affairs, Drug Policy Alliance Drew Stromberg, Outreach Director, Students for Sensible Drug Policy Jesselyn McCurdy, Senior Legislative Counsel for the Washington Legislative Office, American Civil Liberties Union Jasmine Tyler Jasmine advocates for policies that reduce racial disparities in the criminal justice system, increase access to social and health services, and treat people who use drugs with dignity.
She is one of the leaders of the Crack the Disparity Coalition, which works to equalize the penalties for cocaine.
Norm Stamper Norm Stamper was a police officer for 34 years, the first 28 in San Diego. As a cop dedicated to protect and serve, Norm believes the war on drugs has done exactly the opposite for people.
Drew StrombergDrew Stromberg serves as Outreach Director for Students for Sensible Drug Policy (SSDP), where he tracks and advises student chapters for half of the United States and oversees chapter development for SSDP’s international network. Jesselyn McCurdy Jesselyn McCurdy is a Senior Legislative Counsel in the Washington Legislative Office (WLO) of the American Civil Liberties Union (ACLU) and is responsible for defending civil liberties in Congress and in the Executive Branch in the areas of criminal justice.
Ms. McCurdy was a member of the ACLU WLO staff for five years before accepting a position as a Counsel with the U.S. House of Representatives Judiciary Committee’s Subcommittee on Crime, Terrorism, and Homeland Security. She was the lead House counsel for the historic Fair Sentencing Act of 2010 when it passed Congress.
Join our hosts for a dicscussion of Obama's foreign policy failures, debacles, deliberate connivance, and the implications of his continued path of fomenting turmoil in the Middle East, offending allies, emboldening America's enemies, and deliberately looking like an amateur. Join our hosts for an in depth exploration of Obama's non-existent foreign policy, his shredding of allies, friendship toward America's enemies, and absence of leadership on the world stage. How has America become so impotent in a world coming apart at the seams? Tune in and join the discussion concerning Obama's "absent without leave" during these required lessons for every leader of the world's only superpower.
Created and Directed by Reaper Productions
Note: This show was originally scheduled to air on Tuesday, 29 Oct 2013
Join your host Wes Blackman as he welcomes three energy policy experts to the High Noon in Lake Worth studios. Ret. Mayor General Bill Hodgkins will talk about the linkage between Energy Security and National Security. He is active in the group called Veterans for Energy (Vets4Energy). David Mica will be joining us as well. Mr. Mica is the Executive Director of the Florida Petroleum Council. He will discuss the following issues:
Background on the Florida Petroleum Council Renaissance in American oil and natural gas production Information on shale and shale development Information on advancements that have enabled more shale development Horizontal drilling Hydraulic fracturing (fracking) Where is fracking taking place in the U.S..? Can it/will it be done in Florida? In-depth explanation of fracking process and safety measures Dispel myths and misinformation on fracking Highlight energy independence and economic benefits of increased domestic shale development Also joining us will be Jennifer Fennell who is Vice President of CoreMessage, a Tallahassee-based public relations and issues advocacy firm.. She is also Field Director for the Florida Energy Forum.
All this is very timely due to the announcement this week of the approval for the new Florida natural gas pipeline.
in Pop Culture
Is he Jesus? Is he Robert E. Lee? Is he both? Jesus E. Lee fights to defend Richmond, VA from the evil onslaught of Angel Eyes.
This Monday on Graphic Policy Radio we welcome the team behind Jesus E. Lee, Jon Carroll and Nick Justus!
Have questions in how to get into the comic book business or what it's like to be an independent comic creator? Here's your chance to talk to this dynamic creative team.
You can chat with them live by calling in or Tweeting us @graphicpolicy this Monday at 10pm ET.
Our special guest this week is Angelo Valente, Executive Director of Partnership For A Drug Free NJ.
Angelo will discuss:
the steps involved in creating a drug-free workplace how the new Medical Marijuana affect the workplace how effective having a drug-free workplace policy is financially how expensive is it to create or update a drug-free workplace environment
in Pop Culture
It's Monday and that means a brand new episode of Graphic Policy Radio, the show that mixes comic books and politics.
This week sees a hodgepodge of discussions:
New York Comic Con kicks off this week and we'll be discussing what we might expect Our two hosts are both planning their weddings, we'll discuss geek weddings We'll chatting some of our favorite comics of the past weeks and tip you off as to what you should be reading! We'll be discussing all of that and more in this week's episode. We want to hear from you! Chat with us on Twitter, @graphicpolicy or call in too.
Today we will share the legacies of two individuals who have put themselves on the frontlines in the fight against the crimes of drug and human trafficking.
Robert Mazur served 27 years as a Federal Special Agent for the IRS, Customs Service and Drug Enforcement Administration. Five of those years were spent under-cover as Bob Musella, a high-rolling mob-connected big shot who infiltrated the criminal hierarchy of Colombia’s drug cartels.
Bob’s under-cover stings proved critical in the conviction of General Manuel Noriega and a multi-billion money laundering outfit that served drug lords like Pablo Escobar. His new book, The Infiltrator, provides vivid and nail-biting details about his life in the criminal under-world
in Pop Culture
It's a new week and a new episode of Graphic Policy Radio on a special night, but same ole time!
The past weekend was New York Comic Con, the last major comic book convention of the year and we'll go over the major announcements coming out of the show:
Marvel announced the line-up for All-New Marvel NOW! including numerous series featuring women! We'll talk the announcements and the numerous solo-series featuring women. DC announced the return of Stephanie Brown and a weekly Batman series. Dynamite, IDW and Dark Horse had some announcements including the return of Serenity, the relaunch of Gold Key and a lot of Artist's Editions. Elana was at the show and she'll give us the highlights from her perspective! We'll be chatting all of that and more in this special episode! We want to hear from you! So, call and chat live or Tweet your thoughts at us @graphicpolicy
in Pop Culture
It's Monday night which means it's a new episode of Graphic Policy Radio! Last week we chatted about New York Comic Con and there was so much to cover we had to split it into two episodes!
This week we continue the conversation and chat about:
Lets get mathematical with Adventure Time! We talk about the hot show and it's TimeTalk at NYCC DC made news by announcing the return of Stephanie Brown We'll talk about all that and more! We want to hear from you! What was your favorite announcement from the show, or if you were there, your favorite moment? You can call in or Tweet us your thoughts, @graphicpolicy.
in Pop Culture
This Monday listen in to the latest episode of Graphic Policy Radio. This show we show off our Transformers fandom with special guest Mairghread Scott.
Mairghread is a writer for the television show Transformers Prime and the first ever female writer for an official Transformers comic book.
We'll not just be discussing Transformers, but also what it's like being a female creator in the comic book industry.
We've already published one interview with her, so you can get an idea of what we'll be discussing, but we also want to hear from you!
Join in on the show, by not just listening in, but also calling in with your questions and Tweeting at us, @graphicpolicy.
Monday, September 16, 2013
1:00 PM - 1:30 PM EDT
What are the national policy conversations that need to happen in order to get the long-term unemployed back to work and insure that graduating high school and college students have the skills they need to enter the workforce? Dr. Carl Van Horn, Rutgers University professor and founding director of the Heldrich Center for Workforce Development, tackles these questions in a WorkforceCentral interview with NAWB CEO Ron Painter on Monday, September 16 at 1:00 PM EDT. Ron and Carl will discuss the high-level findings from over 25,000 interviews with American workers as published in Carl’s book, Working Scared (Or Not at All): The Lost Decade, Great Recession, and Restoring the Shattered American Dream. They’ll examine several strategic recommendations and how workforce development professionals can contribute to reshaping policy and help more Americans overcome un- and underemployment.
Join Host Live Chats
- Phoenix3333 (186 chatters)
- John Baptist (140 chatters)
- Tha Boxingvoice Radio Show (47 chatters)
- Jamie The Psychic (39 chatters)
- Pine Ridge Warriors (37 chatters)
- Straitway (33 chatters)
- Metaphysics and Awareness (27 chatters)
- Well Armed Radio (23 chatters)
- The NIGGA CHURCH (20 chatters)
- GATHERING OF CHRIST CHURCH (20 chatters)
- Cross Encounters (19 chatters)
- Gecko Nation Radio (16 chatters)
- Underground Professor Radio (15 chatters)
- Journey Into Light (14 chatters)
- Marti Oakley (14 chatters)
- Dead Air Paranormal Radio (13 chatters)
- BacktoBasicsRadio (13 chatters)
- thelordshour (12 chatters)
- MMA Jam Live (11 chatters)
- Psychic Melinda (10 chatters)
- The Wacko Network (10 chatters)
- The Psychic Viewpoint (9 chatters)
- Ohio Exopolitics (8 chatters)
- Donny C (8 chatters)
- Viviendo con los Angeles (8 chatters)
- Yammering Lew with Gavin (7 chatters)
- ExpandingU RADIO (7 chatters)
- Life Conversations (7 chatters)
- Mike Shorten (7 chatters)
- Starborn Support Radio (7 chatters)
- OPWR (6 chatters)
- Pagan Musings Podcast Channel (6 chatters)
- The Crow and Moore Show (6 chatters)
- The School of Shamanism (6 chatters)
- 5D Media Network (6 chatters)
- KDCL Media (6 chatters)
- Gracie DeBrock (6 chatters)
- Wolf and the bear Network (6 chatters)
- XWINGER RADIO (6 chatters)
- TWR Radio (5 chatters)
- DYNASTY NETWORK 1382 (5 chatters)
- Michael Buffalo (5 chatters)
- MCRMedia Marlins Country Radio (4 chatters)
- On The Move with Mack Worley (4 chatters)
- BBQSuperStars (4 chatters)
- Bram Sarkowskis Spitball Show (4 chatters)
- Josh and Paul (4 chatters)
- Type1RadioAshram (4 chatters)
- We Built That Network (4 chatters)
- Whisper Out Loud Radio Network (3 chatters)
- USA live (3 chatters)
- Visual Thoughts Network (3 chatters)
- YMcTierXEmpowerment4All (3 chatters)
- Generation Orange A Dynamo Podcast (3 chatters)
- Fan vs Fan Radio Network (3 chatters)
- Crs Radio Caribbean Radio Show (3 chatters)
- Nation Building Movement (3 chatters)
- Louis Teverini and Freddy Doll (3 chatters)
- The Single Connection (3 chatters)
- Survival Radio Network (3 chatters)
- Tarvino (3 chatters)
- Lets talkXXXGod is not Religious (3 chatters)
- PEAS IN THEIR PODS (2 chatters)
- The Hereafter Is Now Network (2 chatters)
- The World of Ideas (2 chatters)
- MKSPCG (2 chatters)
- Forward Boldly (2 chatters)
- Endless Encouragement (2 chatters)
- Bill Murray (2 chatters)
- BLACK SATIN RADIO LIVE (2 chatters)
- 63630 (2 chatters)
- Innovative Black Men (2 chatters)
- Jay King Network (2 chatters)
- Welcome to Proper Manors USA (2 chatters)
- Lance Scurv (1 chatters)
- Kardec Radio (1 chatters)
- Grab Some Bench (1 chatters)
- GEI Radio (1 chatters)
- GRAYMAN (1 chatters)
- Immortal Magic (1 chatters)
- Brain Injury Radio (1 chatters)
- Clive Hudson Master Blaster (1 chatters)
- Real Talk with Mike and Steve (1 chatters)
- Sandra Booker (1 chatters)
- SISFI Human Wellness Radio (1 chatters)
- Thriving Minds (1 chatters)
- BDSIR NETWORK (0 chatters)
- JasonAdams3 (0 chatters)
- UGMAG3 (0 chatters)