SORT BY Relevancy
Join Ronald A. Edwards and Don Allen for another episode of The Ron and Don Show. This week both hosts will talk about the killing in Minneapolis as well as what's happening in Ferguson, MO. Tune in at 8:30 p.m. to hear the best in Black Talk Radio on #BlogTalkRadio.
It is unlikely the town of Ferguson, Missouri will change in our lifetimes. The mainstream media has portrayed Ferguson, Missouri as a town of rioter’s and looter dismissing the fact the town of 21,203 (2010 census) is in a crisis. In a report from ArchCity Defenders — a legal group that “works to break the cycle of ‘revolving door justice’ in the St. Louis metropolitan area” — reveals that in 2013, “the Ferguson Municipal Court disposed 24,532 warrants and 12,018 cases, or about 3 warrants and 1.5 cases per household.” In Ferguson, the “majority (67%) of [the city's 21,203] residents are African-American” and “22% of residents live below the poverty level.” Despite Ferguson’s relative poverty, fines and court fees comprise the second largest source of revenue for the city, a total of $2,635,400 [...] According to a court employee, the docket for an average court session may include as many as 1,500 cases. Assuming an 80% conviction rate, the average fine in a case resulting in a guilty verdict would be $275.The local carnage happening over the last month and a half is a direct representation of what being poor, black and broke looks like in a town with no opportunities to rise beyond the mundane.
Join the nationally team of Ronald A. Edwards and Don Allen as we talk about the incident in Ferguson, MO and the killing of Michael Brown. Is this also a killing of black and brown Americans?
The phone lines will be open and we hope you can join us.
Join My Rays of Light Radio and host LM Young, Tuesday @ 10pm EST, for our show "We Are Ferguson".
There has been much media attention drawn to Ferguson, Missouri, since the police shooting of unarmed teen, Michael Brown; let's have a conversation about it.
We welcome everyone to call in at 646-564-9708 or listen online at http://www.blogtalkradio.com/mrol/2014/09/10/we-are-ferguson
There has been much criticism directed toward Michael Brown...
There has been criicism directed toward the Ferguson Police Department
Who was at fault?
How can this town begin to start healing?
Let's spend some time figuring the whole thing out...because...
WE ARE FERGUSON!!!
Join Host Live Chats
- KNOW THE LEDGE RADIO (60 chatters)
- Talk Real Solutions (37 chatters)
- Curious Times (27 chatters)
- Ms Blue (26 chatters)
- ParanormalReview (24 chatters)
- Amy Peikoff (24 chatters)
- WGAG Radio (24 chatters)
- TruthWorks Network (9 chatters)
- Underground Professor Radio (9 chatters)
- Wake Da Fuq Up (8 chatters)
- FIREFOXNEWS ONLINE (8 chatters)
- Minn4Freedom (7 chatters)
- SmartMarkRadio (6 chatters)
- Vince in the Bay (5 chatters)
- Thirdphaseofmoon UFO Sightings (4 chatters)
- Crankhouse Radio (4 chatters)
- Hall Issachar Ministries (3 chatters)
- Andrew Aloha (2 chatters)
- AngelBlueEyes (2 chatters)
- Path Of Life (2 chatters)
- Mystic Light and Shadows (2 chatters)
- Main Street Universe (2 chatters)
- The Lotus Place (2 chatters)
- Wolf Bytes (2 chatters)
- WTLC Talk Radio (2 chatters)
- Tha Real McCoy (1 chatters)
- NathanWalters0 (1 chatters)
- ROAD2STARDOM RADIO (1 chatters)
- SportsTime Radio (1 chatters)
- Bay Bridge Sports Hub (1 chatters)
- BearWhitewolf32 (1 chatters)
- Big C Radio (1 chatters)
- FXRXEXSXHXHX Radio (1 chatters)