SORT BY Relevancy
Domestic Violence from athletes to Judges from all walks of life comes violece againist men and women.
Verbal - Sexual - Physical Abuse
Man Up Pledge: The pledge says "I pledge never to commit, condone or remain silent about violence against women. I pledge to learn about how I can help to end violence and discrimination against women and girls and to work towards creating a community where all people are valued and safe.
On one hand, domestic violence committed by intimate partners — current or former spouses, boyfriends or girlfriends — has declined by more than 60 percent since the mid-1990s, according to Justice Department figures.
Yet the dramatic decrease from 1995 through 2004 has largely stalled, with the numbers stabilizing at a level that appalls people in the prevention field. The latest federal figures for "serious" intimate partner violence — sexual assault or aggravated physical assault — showed 360,820 such incidents in 2013, or roughly 1,000 per day.
October is "Domestic Violence Awareness" month, and it's important to shed a light on a matter that affects 1 out of 4 women during her lifetime. Too often we continue to believe that domestic violence has a look, or affects a certain race, financial bracket or many other traits that aren't true. Join us two survivors sit down to discuss their testimonies, victories and the aftermath of being in abusive relationships. They may look very different on the outside, but their journeys are quite similar.
Regain your power...
October is the month supposedly set aside for Domestic Violence Awareness. However, it is also Breast Cancer Awareness and the issue of Domestic Abuse and Domestic Violence is overshadowed.
It is very important that we push to keep domestic violence on the plate of medias through whatever means are available to you. It is an epidemic and seriously out control and destroying families and relationships.
Join us as we share information regarding what you can do this month to support advocates who are against domestic violence and fighting to make sure that it is kept on the front and not the back burner.
Join Ms Reason and J Floyd as they discuss Domestic abuse. October is Domestic Abuse Awareness Month but we feel that everyday is awareness day. Domestic violence and abuse can happen to anyone, yet the problem is often overlooked, excused, or denied. This is especially true when the abuse is psychological, rather than physical. Noticing and acknowledging the signs of an abusive relationship is the first step to ending it. No one should live in fear of the person they love.
in Self Help
Domestic violence continues to be an issue in society. This week we have two special guests that will discuss domestic violence and provide resources for victims of domestic violence.
Ms. Bevelyn Mitchell, She has worked in the field of Social Work for the past 16 years. Much of her work has been done in Horry, Georgetown and Williamsburg counties. She believes that God has given her the compassion to relate to those who are hurting. This also allows her to educate the community, local hospitals, law enforcement, educators and anyone who listen. Rape is forced, unwanted sexual intercourse. Rape, sometimes also called sexual assault, can happen to both men and women of any age.
Dr. Beverly Boone, is a native of Troy, North Carolina. If you look at a map of North Carolina, you will see that Troy (Montgomery County) sits in the middle of the state. My interest in writing and reading inspired me to earn a B.S. degree in Secondary English Education at North Carolina A & T State University, Greensboro, NC. After a long career as a high school English teacher, I continued my education at North Carolina State University, Raleigh, NC; earning two degrees - a Master’s of Education in Educational Leadership and Administration and a Ph.D. in Educational Research and Policy Analysis.
Join Host Live Chats
- Hagmann and Hagmann Report (500 chatters)
- Phoenix3333 (96 chatters)
- Yada (29 chatters)
- Deliverance Today Pastor John Kyle (24 chatters)
- Prophetico (14 chatters)
- Medium Renee Richards (13 chatters)
- Bellesprit (13 chatters)
- thelordshour (12 chatters)
- RaptureCentric101 (10 chatters)
- Dr Pat Holliday (10 chatters)
- Debate Talk 4 U (10 chatters)
- Native Trailblazers (8 chatters)
- 1 Womans Wisdom (8 chatters)
- Cross Talk Radio brother Lawrence (6 chatters)
- Christian Farm and Homestead (5 chatters)
- The Portal (5 chatters)
- Trunews Radio (4 chatters)
- Destruindo Fortalezas (4 chatters)
- Bill Murray (4 chatters)
- Brain Injury Radio (4 chatters)
- Chick Shyt (3 chatters)
- AmericanPatriotRadio (3 chatters)
- Jay King Network (3 chatters)
- Quagmire America (3 chatters)
- Universal School Of Thought (3 chatters)
- YHWH The TRUE NAME (2 chatters)
- OT Show (2 chatters)
- George Ramirez (2 chatters)
- 2TheNcreaseofKnowledgeTruth (2 chatters)
- BevNat (1 chatters)
- Body of Christ (1 chatters)
- Clive Hudson Master Blaster (1 chatters)
- Come And Pour The T With Me (1 chatters)
- Feuersteins Fire (1 chatters)
- HME Network (1 chatters)
- Men Lets Talk (1 chatters)
- Missouri Grassroots Radio (1 chatters)
- MKSPCG (1 chatters)
- Man In The Mirror (1 chatters)
- Project Woodhaven (1 chatters)
- RichKid Radio (1 chatters)
- World Ingathering of YisraEL (1 chatters)