SORT BY Relevancy
Sometimes the memories are too much to hold inside. Sometimes the pain just gets too big. Medicating our pain as survivors of child sexual abuse is one way to survive.
But as long as we are addicted, we will never thrive. Addiction kills relationships, careers, healing and spiritual growth. Addiction takes the life out of us and returns the destruction of all we hold dear in exchange for killing the pain.
David Pittman, director of Together We Heal, knows both the pain of abuse AND the pain of addiction. And now he knows the joy of helping others get free from both. Join David and Misa as they bring hope for healing from addiction and child abuse.
Learn more about Together We Heal- http://together-we-heal.org/
Learn more about Misa Leonessa and her services- http://misacoach.com
Today's topic focuses on "Domestic Violence And Abuse". This is an Encore show from February 28th. 2011. The Headline News recently has brought Domestic Violence issues to the public's awareness and I wanted to have an encore show with a very special guest my guest is Miss. L.Y. Marlow. She is the third generation of her family to have been a victim and survivor of domestic violence: a violence that almost took her own life and the life of her unborn child. In her award-winning Color Me Butterfly, she tells the poignant and evocative story of four generations of mothers and daughters: the true story of her grandmother, her mother, herself, and her daughter; and the toll intergenerational domestic violence and abuse has had on her family for over sixty years. L.Y. will be speaking about her courages story of Domestic Violence and how she survived the violence and abuse. We will also be discussing her award-winning book "Color Me Butterfly". If you or someone you know has been a victim of Domestic Violence And Abuse you won't want to miss this very informative show. If you would like to know more about L.Y. Marlow please visit her website at http://www.colormebutterfly.com/ There you will also find Domestic Violence Help And Resources important numbers and links for help for you or someone you know that may need help. You can also visit www.savingpromisecampaign.org Thank you Sonia. :))))
THE COMMUNITY ON ABUSE AND DOMESTIC VIOLENCE RETURNS FOR THE SEQUEL ASKING THE QUESTION: "IS IT WISE TO RETURN?" MANY RELATIONSHIPS EXPERIENCE HIGHS AND LOWS, PAIN AND TRAUMA, AS WELL AS JOY AND HAPPINESS. WE ARE GOING TO EXPLORE IN THIS DISCUSSION THE REASON PEOPLE RETURN TO RELATIONSHIPS WHEN THERE ARE ACTS OF ABUSE AND VIOLENCE WITHIN THE HOMES. THERE ARE MANY SIDES TO THIS QUESTION AND WE LOOK FORWARD TO EXPLORING THEM WITH YOU. IF YOU KNOW SOMEONE WHO CAN SPEAK TO THIS QUESTION FIRST HAND THEN PLEASE INVITE THEM TO THE PROGRAM. WE HOPE YOU WILL TUNE IN AND LISTEN IN ONE POSITIVE WAY.
Tonight on Sports Talk with Bryan Nolen, we chat about the latest incidents involving Domestic Abuse in the NFL and give you guys our thoughts on them. We will discuss what the NFL should do as well as law enforcement and more. Steven Meador co-host as this will be an emotional packed show. Tune in and share your thoughts.
The NFL appears to have a huge problem with players committing acts of domestic abuse. In recent weeks three NFL players found themselves at the center of controversy for abusing women in their lives. The most notable is Ray Rice, who was seen on video knocking his wife unconscious on an elevator. On the heels of this story is an account of Jonathan Dwyer of the Arizona Cardinals accused of head butting his wife and breaking her nose after she refused his sexual advances. Then there is Greg Hardy, “The Kraken”, of the Carolina Panthers. In July, Greg Hardy was found guilty of assaulting his former girlfriend and threatening to kill her.
These were the most notable abusive acts by NFL players against women recently. There is another NFL player that has made the news for an abusive act. However, in this case it wasn’t against a woman.
Adrian Peterson, of the Minnesota Vikings, is accused of going too far in disciplining his four year old son. It is said that Peterson used a “switch” in disciplining his son and left bruises on the child.
ESPN writer Kate Fagan weighed in during an interview and called on the NFL to invest millions of dollars to address the issue of domestic violence and abuse. She even conveyed that we need to reprogram how we raise men.
What are your thoughts on domestic violence? Do you think it’s gotten worse over the years? What can be done to resolve this social ill? Does the Holy Bible offer a solution?
Please feel free to phone into the Virtual Living room with your comments or questions. We air programs on Blog Talk Radio at the following times: Sun 2:00pm, Mon 8:00pm, Tue 8:00pm, Wed 7:00pm, Thu 8:00pm, Fri 7:00pm & Sat 9:00am. All times are Eastern Standard Time.
Domestic Violence is nothing New! But its been running rampid on the News recently!! The Drop wants your opinion, we want your stories!! How do you feel about the recent situations (Ray Rice, The NFL) and how they're being handled! Then there's Child Abuse (Adrien Peterson, The NFL) When is it crossing the line, when it comes to disciplining your child?? Tell us how you feel about it, how do you discipline your children? Do you use a switch? Do you use a belt? Or just put them on Time Out?
Physical Violence and Domestic Abuse Are not exclussively to having female victims! Men are significantly abused and victims of physical violence OFTEN in relationships by their female counterpart! We REALLY have to elevate our level and methodology towards EDUCATING ALL PEOPLE to the down sides of #PhysicalViolence and #DomesticAbuse We must STOP SETTING OUR WOMEN UP with the ignorant notion and cindiotoning that they can merely violently act on thier emotional empulses of dislike and distain, etc!!! This will significantly help our society as a whole, vs just the "battered women of the country"!
Make sure you CHeck out the archive from this show...
Join Host Live Chats
- Hagmann and Hagmann Report (498 chatters)
- Phoenix3333 (139 chatters)
- John Baptist (77 chatters)
- Channel Panel (75 chatters)
- in5d (69 chatters)
- thisisit4321 (66 chatters)
- thelordshour (25 chatters)
- Star Nations Radio Network (24 chatters)
- CRYPTOLOGIC (17 chatters)
- New Spirit Radio Show (16 chatters)
- BacktoBasicsRadio (15 chatters)
- Debate Talk 4 U (14 chatters)
- Jennifer Hoffman (13 chatters)
- RFB Radio WOW (12 chatters)
- Dr Pat Holliday (12 chatters)
- AlimBey (12 chatters)
- Tarhaka (11 chatters)
- The Psychic Viewpoint (10 chatters)
- The Boneyard0 (9 chatters)
- The J Ril Show (9 chatters)
- RAD1Radio (8 chatters)
- Ohio Exopolitics (7 chatters)
- DDP Radio (7 chatters)
- Rabbi Aryel Nachman (7 chatters)
- The Truth About Church (6 chatters)
- Doctor Ginny (6 chatters)
- Bill Murray (6 chatters)
- Dart Head Mike (6 chatters)
- Root Cause Radio (6 chatters)
- Pagans Tonight Radio (5 chatters)
- Greg Kellogg (5 chatters)
- DentTrainerXcom (5 chatters)
- HHIII and LeeCrowe (4 chatters)
- Dead Air Paranormal Radio (4 chatters)
- Contending 4 Truth Radio (4 chatters)
- canadianglen (4 chatters)
- Challenging the Rhetoric (4 chatters)
- Andrea Shea King (4 chatters)
- sun752 (4 chatters)
- Tarvino (3 chatters)
- Seed Dropper Nation (3 chatters)
- Sport City Chefs (3 chatters)
- Prayer Warriors 365 (3 chatters)
- Mega Powers Radio (3 chatters)
- Mindzmatter (3 chatters)
- Minn4Freedom (3 chatters)
- BLACK SATIN RADIO LIVE (3 chatters)
- dburt aka Afronerd (3 chatters)
- fairtax4ca (3 chatters)
- WGAG Radio (3 chatters)
- The Hilltop Radio Show (3 chatters)
- The Organic View (2 chatters)
- The Captain0 (2 chatters)
- The DuCross Brothers (2 chatters)
- The URC Show (2 chatters)
- ViktorAurelius (2 chatters)
- Bamabird29 (2 chatters)
- Dirtyredz (2 chatters)
- George Ramirez (2 chatters)
- Omega Man (2 chatters)
- Nikki Rich (2 chatters)
- Odwirafo (2 chatters)
- Its Real Talk Radio (2 chatters)
- LL Sports 2 with TJ and TIFF (2 chatters)
- Matty Ps Radio Happy Hour (2 chatters)
- May We Help You Radio Show (2 chatters)
- KWOD Radio (2 chatters)
- Psychics Gone Wild (2 chatters)
- Revelation Radio Network (2 chatters)
- The ANSWERS Show (2 chatters)
- ROAD2STARDOM RADIO (1 chatters)
- Political T and T (1 chatters)
- LETS SPEAK (1 chatters)
- Liberal Dan Radio (1 chatters)
- Missouri Grassroots Radio (1 chatters)
- NDB Media (1 chatters)
- GIPBKR Radio Station (1 chatters)
- Fellowship of Deliverance (1 chatters)
- FSF Radio (1 chatters)
- FUTURE OF MENTELLECT RADIO (1 chatters)
- Bootch and Pat show with Bob (1 chatters)
- Cage Side Submissions (1 chatters)
- Canadian Motocross Weekly (1 chatters)
- 12kyle (1 chatters)
- American Preppers Radio (1 chatters)
- BadCulture Radio Network (1 chatters)
- David and Wes (1 chatters)
- The Football Gurus (1 chatters)
- The RetroUnlim Network (1 chatters)
- The Soon2BeCatLady Show (1 chatters)
- The Star Chamber (1 chatters)
- The Tabernacle Dwells IN YOU (1 chatters)
- TunesLoveChat (1 chatters)
- TWR Radio (1 chatters)
- URN Radio Network (1 chatters)