SORT BY Relevancy
Charlie and Lucy are blind and deaf dogs. They will be graduating from an agility training course on Saturday, August 4, 2012. Carol, their parent, and Tara Stermer, their trainer, will share details about this unique program. Individuals who think disable dogs can't learn new skills need to tune into this show!
Did you know that there are some foods that cats and dogs should not eat? Should cats be bathed? Or are their normal grooming habits enough? In this episode, we'll address some of the do's and don'ts involved with caring for healthy, happy cats and dogs. So join us for this pet Q and A (post Fourth of July) session on our upcoming edition of The Missy Show! We look forward to hearing from you.
Marjorie’s Kennel in rural New York in August of 2013 was found by the Department of Agriculture to have more than 200 dogs, living in filthy pens: many suffering from disease or injuries. Rescue efforts have resulted in the release of 60 dogs who have been found to be suffering from the following:
* 36 dogs with Giardia
* 21 dogs with Coccidia
* 55 dogs with roundworms, hookworms, whipworms, and/or tapeworms
* 12 dogs with bacterial infections
* 11 dogs with fungal or yeast infections
* 2 dogs with demodectic mange
* 3 dogs with systemic bacterial infections
* 27 dogs with bite wounds
* 2 dogs with frostbite injuries
* 4 dogs with untreated torn cranial cruciate ligaments and severe patellar luxations
* 41 dogs with patellar luxation of grades 1-4
* 29 dogs with abscesses
* 2 dogs with hip dysplasia
* 2 dogs with malformed limbs or patellar fusion
* 1 dog with mammary cancer
* 1 puppy with a large burn
* 2 dogs with sarcoptic mange
* 60 dogs frightened of human beings and completely unsocialized.
More than 50 sick dogs were euthanized and 50 more are believed to have been sent to or sold at a dog ‘auction’ in Ohio following the inspection. In October of 2013, the owner of the kennel, Marjorie Ingraham, signed an agreement to release the remaining dogs into the care of Suncoast Keeshond Rescue, however, after signing the agreement to release the rest of her dogs and vowing to ‘retire’ from breeding, Ms. Ingraham has refused to turn over the remaining dogs to rescuers.
Dee Wingfield joins us to discuss the ongoing effort to close this puppy mill. Following this, Richard Casey joins us to discuss pet safety for your dog. Please join us and be part of the discussion. Please follow our web site
In this final of three episodes, Greg McCann, J.D., author and director of Stetson University's Family Enterprise Center, discusses barriers to leadership agility, self-awareness, and three levels of leadership including creating a culture that allows leaders to adapt to change.
Research has shown that over 70 percent of organizational change efforts fail to achieve their desired goals. Stetson will be hosting the Agile Change-Leader Lab workshop, March 17-18, at its Center at Celebration. Based on extensive research and three decades of experience consulting to change leaders, the workshop focuses on strategic, stakeholder, creative and self-leadership agility: the four kinds of agility needed to lead change effectively. This highly interactive, workshop experience provides an intense learning experience with personalized real-world results for immediate integration into the workplace. This workshop is led and facilitated by Bill Joiner and Debbie Whitestone. Bill is lead researcher and co-author of Leadership Agility.
This week we are talking with the folks at Canine Country Academy about their amazing new program. Paws Up Fitness is a combination weight management and fitness program designed to be an integral part of a veterinarian managed health program for dogs. Designed by a team of Canine Rehabilitation Practitioners, and rehab-trained veterinarians, Paws Up Fitness offers three levels of classes for a safe, effective means to reach and maintain weight and fitness goals. Canine Country Academy is the premier location for Paws Up Fitness classes. Course instructors have received extensive hands-on and classroom instruction from Paws Up Fitness founder, Lisa Bedenbaugh, Certified Canine Rehabilitation Practitioner, Physical Therapist. The partnership between Canine Country Academy and Paws Up Fitness assures constant oversight of the program, facilitating a positive, safe, and quality experience for the dog and their owners.
In this edition of Leave The Memories Alone, Samer Kadi and I discuss this past weekend’s UFC extravaganza, which Samer watched 0 seconds of. Plus, in our new greatest segment ever, we pitch our Dana White and Ronda Rousey TV show. Finally, we talk about our progress in Watch Dogs.
Energy Healing of Reiki for Dogs Michelle Huntting and Kathleen Parsad will be discussing the benefits of using Reiki with dogs.
Kathleen has been practicing Reiki full time since 2002 and has authored Reiki for Dogs and co-authored The Animal Reiki Handbook and Animal Reiki: Using Energy to Heal the Animals in Your Life she has written many articles on animals and Reiki and her work has been featured in The Journal of the American Holistic Veterinary Medical Association, Animal Fair, The Whole Dog Journal, Dogs Naturally Magazine, Dog Fancy, Animal Wellness Magazine, Equine Wellness Magazine, and Natural Horse Talk Magazine. She has been featured on many radio shows, local news and the national PBS series Healing Quest.
She has taught Reiki to the staff of organizations such as Best Friends Animal Society, the San Francisco SPCA,The East Bay SPCA, The Humane Society of Silicon Valley, Bright Haven Healing Arts Center for Animals, Guide Dogs for the Blind, and The Elephant Sanctuary.
Sponsored: Kenyon Canine Institute
What types of Assistance Dogs are trained
by Support Dogs, Inc.?
Support Dogs was founded on training assistance dogs for people who needed assistance with mobility-related tasks. Today, Support Dogs trains a variety of assistance dogs to meet several segments of the population. Click here to download an Assistance Dog Program brochure.
Service Dogs - These dogs are trained to complete mobility-related tasks for someone with a physical disability. The dogs are trained to open doors, retrieve dropped and distant objects, help with undressing, carry bags, rises to counters, as well as a variety of other mobility-related tasks. Support Dogs places service dogs with adults and children (over 6 years of age). The video below shows one example of what a service dog is trained to do.
Julie Forbes and Tracy Ross discuss dog aggression, and it's different subcategories and causes. "Aggression" is a broad statement and is too large of a topic to just generalize. It is important to understand the nature of dog aggression, and it's different forms and reasons.
Twelve years ago, Tracy was one of the main people Julie learned from, on how to work with dog behavior, particularly aggression. Tracy works with some of the most difficult dogs in the region, and is incredible at breaking through to dogs who don't seem reachable.
Join Host Live Chats
- Radio Jihad Network (14 chatters)
- The Portal (14 chatters)
- SHRAonair (13 chatters)
- HOV Radio (8 chatters)
- New Way Power Hour (7 chatters)
- Lets talkXXXGod is not Religious (7 chatters)
- Pandoras Box (7 chatters)
- Trunews Radio (7 chatters)
- TruthRadioNetwork (6 chatters)
- The Wake Up Mission (6 chatters)
- iHookradio (4 chatters)
- Its Real Talk Live (4 chatters)
- Jay King Network (4 chatters)
- 63289 (4 chatters)
- Cubanarama (4 chatters)
- FulfilledRadio (4 chatters)
- Help4HD (4 chatters)
- Culture Freedom Radio Network (3 chatters)
- Broad Street Line (3 chatters)
- Living Well Talk Radio (3 chatters)
- Revelation Radio Network (3 chatters)
- Sport City Chefs (3 chatters)
- tiferetjournal (3 chatters)
- The Yehudah Project (2 chatters)
- WHATS GOING ON by the UAC (2 chatters)
- Tarhaka (2 chatters)
- Rockin Country Radio (2 chatters)
- LiveParanormal History FM (2 chatters)
- Crs Radio Caribbean Radio Show (2 chatters)
- K98Talk Studio B (2 chatters)
- LA Batchelor (2 chatters)
- JASmius (2 chatters)
- LauraDiPrete (1 chatters)
- BUZZARDSKORNER OF LOVE (1 chatters)
- LLBPRADIO (1 chatters)
- MyViewMatters (1 chatters)
- onlinewithandrea (1 chatters)
- Real Talk Radio17 (1 chatters)
- ReflectRadio (1 chatters)
- Salvation In Jesus Ministry (1 chatters)
- RevUp with Rev Alethea (1 chatters)
- The Conversation Cafe (1 chatters)
- The Madden Voice (1 chatters)
- The Moorish Light0 (1 chatters)
- USA Emergency Broadcasting Network (1 chatters)
- We are TOPS (1 chatters)
- TheLegacyOfANation (1 chatters)
- Souls Eye View Too (1 chatters)
- The Season Ticket (1 chatters)
- The Peoples America (0 chatters)
- CTKRMinistries (0 chatters)