SORT BY Relevancy
Digital inclusion - closing the technology gap between the have's and have not's - may be a priority for some federal and state agencies, but the delivery of measurable results happens mostly at the local level. This is particularly true for broadband. Too many variations between cultures, geography, economic priorities, languages and other factors exist for cookie cutter attempts to get underserved constituents online AND maximizing broadband technology.
A Broadband Technologies Opportunities Program (BTOP) grant to the City of Chicago launched activities to educate and motivate constituents within nine Smart Communities to use the Net. Karen Mossberger, Ph.D., School of Public Affairs, Arizona State University, describes the impacts of programs that included workshops, advertising, skills training, and community portals. Dr. Mossberger's team conducted surveys in 2008, 2011 and 2013 to compare adoption and usage between the Smart Communities and the rest of Chicago.
Listeners learn some of the how-to's for creating and implementing effective digital inclusion programs. In addition, Dr. Mossberger reveals some of the trendsetting methods she used to measure the results that adoption programs produce, as well as upcoming research that will shed more light on how to create successful programs.
Gary Brucker, Program Director for Courage for Youth Association and Lauri Swann Hunt, founder of Ollibean, are guests at our roundtable this week. The topic we are discussing is the notion that inclusion is more than a program and is based on attitudes and belief systems. In addition, it is important that schools must foster these attitudes through emotional and relational development in students. This is a discussion you won't want to miss!
For the first episode of Illinois TASH: Inclusion for All, we are talking with Dr. William Blackwell, Assistant Professor at Lewis University’s College of Education about inclusive education in Illinois, his upcoming presentation at the National TASH Conference entitled “Teaching Inclusion with Literature: When Teachers and Their Students Linger in Text” and his relationship with Illinois TASH.
William Blackwell has published articles and presented on topics that focus on the impact of federal education policies on children with disabilities and their families, charter school services for children with disabilities and special education advocacy and conflict resolution.
Learn more about Dr. Blackwell's research in the articles below:
Blackwell, W., & Rossetti, Z. (2014). The development of individualized education programs: Where have we been and where should we go now? SAGE Open, 4(2), 1-15. doi: 10.1177/2158244014530411.
Blackwell, W. (2013). An era of charter school expansion: An examination of special education in Massachusetts’ charter schools. Journal of Disability Policy Studies, 24(2), 75-87. DOI: 10.1177/1044207312455061.
The CEO of Me, Inc. must find a way to capture the insights and visions of people who reflect the growing diversity of their business partners that span the globe. They must learn to harness the collective ideas of their diverse & inclusive global network to drive business success and secure long-term revenue stream.
1. We are faced with great uncertainty from a variety of forces, both economic and natural
2. We are faced with convergence of technology and new thought processes being brought to the workforce by the younger Gen Y who want to participate, not just execute
3. We are faced with the need to continually innovate and use all of our assets to keep up with domestic and global competition
4. We are faced with radical demographics changes, both in the U.S. and globally, that affect our competitiveness and our markets.
* Engelmeier, Shirley, Inclusion: The New Competitive Business Advantage, Minneapolis:InclusionINC Media, 2012
What are our options in the Digital economy to use our "BlackCoins Effectively"?
Listen in to this Blogtalk as some ideas will be explored as far as a new form of wealth building strategies and concepts presented by #NEWBLACKWALLSTREET feat "OYA" and "MalcomGarveyHuey"
This is also our opportunity to use Black Economics as a whole for the empowerment of our people, and to create a front for independent black owned businesses to establish themselves. This is also a time for us to create housing for the black community, create schooling that is for us and taught by us, also a golden opportunity for us to practice agriculture and produce fresh and all natural foods.
DIGITAL LEARNING AND AMERICA'S FUTURE: THE DIGITAL LEARNING ALLIANCE. We are welcoming first time guest Quinn Kendall, Government Relations Director at The Alliance for an overview of the great things going on out there for all students n personalized, digital learning : Native American's in AZ. Language Development in NY just to name a few.
Presented by MIND RESEARCH INSTITUTE and ZANER BLOSER
Confused about inclusion? Listen to The Inclusive Class Podcast this week and learn what parents need to know about inclusive education. You will understand what inclusion is, how schools become inclusive, options for inclusion, and how to work with staff to create a more inclusive environment for your child. Lauri Swann Hunt from the site, Ollibean and Amanda Morin, author of The Everything Parent's Guide to Special Education will be at our roundtable this week.
Ine if the founding members of Digital Underground, Chopmaster J helped revolutionize Rap music in the late 80's and early 90's. Her also helped launch the career of rap legend Tupac Shakur.
In celebration of 25 years of Digital Underground, Chopmaster J and filmmaker and director Abdul Malik Abbott have started an Indiegogo crowdfunding campaign to produce a documentry about the early years of D.U. and the start of Tupac's music career.
We will talk to Chopmaster J about his career as an artist and producer, and why the story of the group is pivital to the history of modern music.
What is Going Digital for His Kingdom?
It is a tour of workshops and presentations to enhance the ministries strategic use of new media, digital media and social media.
Who should attend?
Pastors, Assoc. Pastors, Church Staff, Ministries, Outreach Organizations, Christian Business Leaders
Why should they attend?
To gain understanding of how to effectively utilize new media tools to grow their ministries.
How did he get involved?
When and Where?
Nov. 12, 2014 at the Oquendo Center right here in Las Vegas from 9:00 AM till 5:00 PM Entire event is $199!
Who is speaking?
Fr. Albert Cutie, Dr. Greg Nelson, Donnie Haulk and Christi and Mylon….
Where does it go from Las Vegas?
Next stop….Dallas/Fort Worth in Dec. Changing the way we grow God’s Kingdom
Conversations LIVE host Cyrus Webb welcomes the legendary Chopmaster J of the group Digital Underground to the show to discuss his passion for music, the group's success and how the new documentary will help to share their true story with the world.
Join us as we discuss the amazing hip hop group Digital Underground 25 years later with Filmmaker Abdul Malik Abbott discussing the rease of the documentary "D.U. Days: Adventures in Digital Underground the Apprenticeship of Tupac Shakur".
Join Host Live Chats
- Phoenix3333 (151 chatters)
- thisisit4321 (77 chatters)
- Bigfoot Hotspot (54 chatters)
- C Robert JonesPhD (22 chatters)
- thelordshour (20 chatters)
- High Frequency Radio Network (19 chatters)
- Candelos Corner Radio (17 chatters)
- GalacticU Radio (16 chatters)
- War on the Horizon Live (16 chatters)
- Stupid Cancer Show (13 chatters)
- Get Real LOL uncensored reality tv (10 chatters)
- Bellesprit (10 chatters)
- Inner Child Radio (10 chatters)
- HOV Radio (9 chatters)
- Black Author Network (9 chatters)
- Omega Man (8 chatters)
- The Rad Reality Show (8 chatters)
- Star Nations Radio Network (7 chatters)
- Restore The Republic Show (5 chatters)
- onlinewithandrea (5 chatters)
- Trunews Radio (5 chatters)
- Psychics Gone Wild (5 chatters)
- dtm radio (5 chatters)
- Golden Hawk (5 chatters)
- Harvest Time Alert (5 chatters)
- Bill Murray (5 chatters)
- My Little Pony Talk (4 chatters)
- KayakFishingRadio (4 chatters)
- We Built That Network (4 chatters)
- SpinSyndicate Radio (4 chatters)
- PRNRadioNetwork (3 chatters)
- The Sorceress Cagliastro (3 chatters)
- The Paranormal PXIX Radio Show (3 chatters)
- Men Lets Talk (3 chatters)
- AmericanPatriotRadio (3 chatters)
- Gnosis Kardia (2 chatters)
- Boston Sports Hack (2 chatters)
- Jesus My Rock (2 chatters)
- JohnMcTernan (2 chatters)
- Dollhouse Radio by India Morel (2 chatters)
- Radio by Renford (2 chatters)
- Rated G Radio (2 chatters)
- real talk for real people0 (2 chatters)
- redmaryland (2 chatters)
- Stilettos And Convos (2 chatters)
- The Captain0 (2 chatters)
- Soul Empowerment Radio (2 chatters)
- Vaccine Truth News (2 chatters)
- Time For A Awakening (2 chatters)
- WHTP Radio Network (1 chatters)
- Witch School (1 chatters)
- Sport City Chefs (1 chatters)
- Prophet Laron Matthews (1 chatters)
- RichKid Radio (1 chatters)
- Set Apart Living Radio Network (1 chatters)
- TheLegacyOfANation (1 chatters)
- Omega Ministry Group (1 chatters)
- Journey Into Light (1 chatters)
- Michael A McFadden (1 chatters)
- Janet M Taylor (1 chatters)
- Ernest Radio Network (1 chatters)
- carsonscorner (1 chatters)
- Chick Shyt (1 chatters)
- CLNSRadio (1 chatters)
- FoReRadio (0 chatters)