SORT BY Relevancy
Digital inclusion - closing the technology gap between the have's and have not's - may be a priority for some federal and state agencies, but the delivery of measurable results happens mostly at the local level. This is particularly true for broadband. Too many variations between cultures, geography, economic priorities, languages and other factors exist for cookie cutter attempts to get underserved constituents online AND maximizing broadband technology.
A Broadband Technologies Opportunities Program (BTOP) grant to the City of Chicago launched activities to educate and motivate constituents within nine Smart Communities to use the Net. Karen Mossberger, Ph.D., School of Public Affairs, Arizona State University, describes the impacts of programs that included workshops, advertising, skills training, and community portals. Dr. Mossberger's team conducted surveys in 2008, 2011 and 2013 to compare adoption and usage between the Smart Communities and the rest of Chicago.
Listeners learn some of the how-to's for creating and implementing effective digital inclusion programs. In addition, Dr. Mossberger reveals some of the trendsetting methods she used to measure the results that adoption programs produce, as well as upcoming research that will shed more light on how to create successful programs.
Confused about inclusion? Listen to The Inclusive Class Podcast this week and learn what parents need to know about inclusive education. You will understand what inclusion is, how schools become inclusive, options for inclusion, and how to work with staff to create a more inclusive environment for your child. Lauri Swann Hunt from the site, Ollibean and Amanda Morin, author of The Everything Parent's Guide to Special Education will be at our roundtable this week.
Why include students with special needs in the classroom? What is the benefit? Won't it be a distraction? These questions and more will be answered and discussed on this episode of The Inclusive Class Podcast. This week's roundtable guests include Lauri Swann Hunt (Ollibean) and Amanda Morin (The Everything Parent's Guide to Special Education).
Rosh Sillars joins us On The Dean's List to talk digital marketing.
He is president and founder of Image 3 Marketing, a digital marketing agency with a visual edge. On the broadcast, he will talk about Search Engine Optimization (SEO), Search Engine Marketing (SEM), Remarketing and other tools that will get advertisers and marketers messages in front of publics looking for that information. Prior to establishing Image 3 Marketing, Rosh was Director of S3 for Synectics Media for five years. In his career, he has seen many of the changes in digital marketing and understands how to work with these ever evolving tools. Rosh is also an award winning photographer and founder of The Rosh Group, a photography and creative representation firm.
For more information about Image 3 Marketing's products and services: http://www.image3marketing.com/marketing-services/
Have you ever thought about your digital presence? Where you are online? We're at an age where we're signing up and creating accounts on so many websites, with many different passwords, or one single password for various accounts, which is not a good idea by the way. We're putting our names, birthdays, homes. All of our personal information out there several times and not giving it a second thought. In this day and age, of the technically savy individual(s), people who know how to access all of your personal information. We have to be careful what we put our name on or our digital fingerprint. Always know what you're signing up for. And if you're going to keep several accounts online, be sure that you know the passwords to each one. Write them down, keep them on a notepad or in a notebook. Make sure you know where your fingerprints lie on the internet. And if there are accounts that you aren't using, delete them. Better safe than sorry.
And at a time when so many companies are being hacked and your credit card information is liable to be taken or stole. It is better to be safe than sorry.
This week we'll talk about where our digital fingerprinys lie. This week. At 2pmET. "On-Air".
Beating the drum from the Fresno hood is one of its premier web, software, and app developers CURLEN PHIPPS, CEO of QikLead! Call In (646) 716-7994 to listen or share. Join in the chat room, too.
As the official radio broadcast of the Urban Tech Fair, from blog to radio, Jim Neusom brings to conversation some of the awesome, interesting, historical, and down right technical digital information he shares online...from Blacks and people of color in Technology, S.T.E.M., latest tech trends and strategies that empower us and our communities.
CREDIT: POLYMATH (Anthony Stewart - Vizual Music)
For Urban Tech Fair updates subscribe to The Urban Tech Fair at www.urbantechfair.org and LIKE us at http://facebook.com/UrbanTechFair.
Mahon Digital Marketing Ltd was founded by owner Saija Mahon in 2010 in order to give Small and Medium businesses affordable access to digital marketing and advertising by real experts in the field.
After more than 10 years working for some of the biggest media agencies in London UK, Saija decided that it was time to launch her own business focussing on what she loves most, digital and more specifically search engine marketing and social media optimisation.
Since then the business has grown significantly in the UK with dozens of clients now relying on its digital services, from small businesses to large multinational companies. And thanks to Saija’s Finnish roots, Mahon Digital has now also expanded geographically with Mahon Digital Finland launching in November 2012 and growing fast. Saija has also launched a business networking event over in Scandinavia called The Caviar Club, which has rapidly become the most popular event in the quarterly business calendar. http://www.mahondigital.co.uk
Join Host Live Chats
- Hagmann and Hagmann Report (498 chatters)
- John Baptist (94 chatters)
- Jennifer Hoffman (45 chatters)
- New Spirit Radio Show (32 chatters)
- thelordshour (27 chatters)
- Pagans Tonight Radio (23 chatters)
- WGAG Radio (17 chatters)
- Talk Real Solutions (14 chatters)
- DDP Radio (14 chatters)
- MCMJimmy (13 chatters)
- canadianglen (12 chatters)
- The J Ril Show (12 chatters)
- Dead Air Paranormal Radio (11 chatters)
- Sovereign Gods (11 chatters)
- Star Nations Radio Network (10 chatters)
- Odwirafo (10 chatters)
- Minn4Freedom (10 chatters)
- Dr Pat Holliday (10 chatters)
- The Psychic Viewpoint (10 chatters)
- Yo Momma Black (9 chatters)
- Uncensored Radio (8 chatters)
- Greg Kellogg (8 chatters)
- Journey Into Light (8 chatters)
- Revelation Radio Network (8 chatters)
- InfiniteSupernaturalNetwork (7 chatters)
- FSF Radio (7 chatters)
- FUTURE OF MENTELLECT RADIO (7 chatters)
- Challenging the Rhetoric (7 chatters)
- Contending 4 Truth Radio (6 chatters)
- Sister thunder Radio (6 chatters)
- Station IWDM (6 chatters)
- Ohio Exopolitics (6 chatters)
- OPWR (6 chatters)
- MSL Rules No BS League Talk Show (5 chatters)
- Marti Oakley (5 chatters)
- Prayer Warriors 365 (5 chatters)
- Canadian Motocross Weekly (5 chatters)
- AmericanPatriotRadio (4 chatters)
- Bamabird29 (4 chatters)
- Golden Rose Psychic Radio (4 chatters)
- fairtax4ca (4 chatters)
- The Forbidden Fruit (4 chatters)
- The URC Show (4 chatters)
- TJMorrisETRadio (3 chatters)
- ViktorAurelius (3 chatters)
- The Gray Matter (3 chatters)
- JasonAdams3 (3 chatters)
- EIE Save Our Children (3 chatters)
- Debate Talk 4 U (3 chatters)
- FreedomizerRadio (3 chatters)
- Bleed Blue Show (3 chatters)
- Bridge Between Two Worlds Radio (3 chatters)
- Cage Side Submissions (3 chatters)
- 2TheNcreaseofKnowledgeTruth (2 chatters)
- Apostle Antonia (2 chatters)
- Dirtyredz (2 chatters)
- George Ramirez (2 chatters)
- Fan vs Fan Radio Network (2 chatters)
- Metaphysics and Awareness (2 chatters)
- My Fierce Wings Radio (2 chatters)
- The Captain0 (2 chatters)
- The DuCross Brothers (2 chatters)
- sun752 (2 chatters)
- Radio by Renford (2 chatters)
- WTLC Talk Radio0 (2 chatters)
- The Tatum Talks (2 chatters)
- The Truth About Church (2 chatters)
- The Literary Corner (2 chatters)
- Top Star Hip Hop Radio (1 chatters)
- TheLegacyOfANation (1 chatters)
- YenYang (1 chatters)
- Welcome to Docradio Network (1 chatters)
- URN Radio Network (1 chatters)
- Political T and T (1 chatters)
- RichKid Radio (1 chatters)
- RotoExpertsXcom FantasySports Show (1 chatters)
- The Hilltop Radio Show (1 chatters)
- Moxie Mind Body Life Coaching (1 chatters)
- Ordinarywmn (1 chatters)
- Liberal Dan Radio (1 chatters)
- LL Sports 2 with TJ and TIFF (1 chatters)
- Diane Grimble Ministries N Friends (1 chatters)
- Innovative Black Men (1 chatters)
- BadCulture Radio Network (1 chatters)
- Apocalypse Nana (1 chatters)
- BLACK SATIN RADIO LIVE (1 chatters)
- Crs Radio Caribbean Radio Show (1 chatters)
- Clive Hudson Master Blaster (1 chatters)
- BOLD MOVERS RADIO NETWORK (0 chatters)