SORT BY Relevancy
This month's guest, Dee Daley, is a business leader with a 20-plus year record of leading organizational change initiatives for corporations including GE Healthcare, GE Capital and Office Depot. She recently presented on the topic of How to Deal With Difficult People at the Change Management 2015 Global Conference.
As change management professionals our success often depends upon our ability to influence without authority and to influence “difficult” people. Surprisingly, the research shows that 75 percent of the people with whom we interact at work and play are different from us in many ways such as how they make decisions, how they react when stressed and how they prefer to manage a project. It is these differences that frequently cause tension and strife. Listen in to hear what you can do about it!
Join BluPrint Radio today when we interview Chris Jones on today's topic: "Dealing with Difficult People in the Workplace." Chris will share tips on how to best build workplace relationships and how to diffuse discussions that might lead to a flare-up and violent behavior. Chris is an Executive Trainer with BluPrint. Pior to joining BluPrint, Chris served as a U.S. Marine Corps Reservist, a U.S. Secret Service Officer (White House Police), and spent many years in Law Enforcement in the State of Maryland. Later, Chris was selected as the Marketing and Program Manager for the Officer Next-Door Program with the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development.
Noted as one of the most dynamic professional youth speakers in America today, Chris is a subject matter expert in people dynamics & enjoys connecting with and speaking to millennials on various subject matters preparing them to be leaders. Through the use of powerful skits, dynamic insights and real-life illustrations, Chris’ message challenges teenagers and encourages them to make positive choices in their lives.
This will be an exciting show - please join us!
Living someone else's life plan is the fastest and most consistent path to an unfulfilling, unrewarding, and frustrating existence. Your relationships will be filled with mediocre people who rely on other people to determine their sense of self worth and direction and who're trying to depend on other people to make them happy.
You're a nice person. You're kind and you're caring but then along comes that one person who is going to test your resolve to be nice. How do you handle difficult and offensive people without getting offended and making poor decisions?
Welcome to Amy Alkon's HumanLab: The Science Between Us, a weekly show with the luminaries of behavioral science.
On this show, psychiatrist, business coach, and hostage negotiation trainer Dr. Mark Goulston explains how you can deal with the truly difficult people in your life -- and how to cut your own "crazy" as well. His new book we'll be discussing: Talking to Crazy: How to Deal with the Irrational and Impossible People in Your Life.
Join me and all my fascinating guests every Sun from 7-7:30 pm PT and 10-10:30 pm ET, here at blogtalkradio.com/amyalkon or subscribe on iTunes or Stitcher.
Please support the show by buying my science-based and funny book on how we call all behave less counterproductively, "Good Manners for Nice People Who Sometimes Say F*ck." It's only about $11 at Amazon, brand new. And along with positive reviews in the WSJ and other publications, Library Journal gave the book a starred review: "Verdict: Solid psychology and a wealth of helpful knowledge and rapier wit fill these pages. Highly recommended."
Join Host Live Chats
- Hagmann and Hagmann Report (106 chatters)
- KNOW THE LEDGE RADIO (26 chatters)
- AJC Radio (23 chatters)
- MHHS Eyes Wide Open (20 chatters)
- BeverlyD (16 chatters)
- Dead Air Paranormal Radio (16 chatters)
- Andrea Shea King (12 chatters)
- Symmetry of Soul (11 chatters)
- E3 Radio (9 chatters)
- Odwirafo (8 chatters)
- Twin Radio (7 chatters)
- Prophecy Quake (6 chatters)
- Ed Ymiah Gospel Revealed (6 chatters)
- Lighworkers Connect (5 chatters)
- Witch School (5 chatters)
- Grizzly Bear Blues Live (5 chatters)
- Revelation Power (5 chatters)
- The Freedom For All Network (4 chatters)
- I AM A SUPERWOMAN RADIO (4 chatters)
- IDECLAIR (4 chatters)
- Bikers of America (4 chatters)
- AverageBlackMan (3 chatters)
- InThePaint (3 chatters)
- entertainment-music-promotion- (3 chatters)
- The Ringing Stone Network (3 chatters)
- WorldOfInkNetwork (3 chatters)
- Zaiyahs House (2 chatters)
- Vibe Radio Network (2 chatters)
- thelordshour (2 chatters)
- SURN Host (2 chatters)
- SandyRodgers (2 chatters)
- SISTERS IN HARMONY (2 chatters)
- Fellowship of Deliverance (2 chatters)
- Joeygiggles (2 chatters)
- Beyond the Airwaves TIP (2 chatters)
- ADeep Aries (2 chatters)
- Connections with Cindy Sommer (2 chatters)
- Enterpraisement Media Group (1 chatters)
- American Preppers Radio (1 chatters)
- American Statesman (1 chatters)
- Books Life and Stuff (1 chatters)
- cathies DistantEchos (1 chatters)
- Coffee Party USA (1 chatters)
- Heroes 101 Radio (1 chatters)
- HomeTeam (1 chatters)
- MIKE MILLZ RADIO (1 chatters)
- Rated G Radio (1 chatters)
- PRNRadioNetwork (1 chatters)
- SIXEYES RADIO (1 chatters)
- Shirley Ann Network (1 chatters)
- R-I-G-H-T MIND RADIO (1 chatters)
- RLS Network (1 chatters)
- ROADTOSTARDOM RADIO (1 chatters)
- Talk2Q (1 chatters)
- timmknight (1 chatters)
- Main Street Universe (0 chatters)