SORT BY Relevancy
This is the episode that should have recorded yesterday (10/28/14)
Memphis Tigers Assistant Basketball Coach Aki Collins joined Stephen McCarthy to discuss how to get noticed by college coaches and the character traits and skills young athletes should develop to take advantage of their talent.
For more information on The McCarthy Project, click here.
Jackson State Ryan Griffin was ready to set his sights on the NFL. Griffin announced in December that he was declaring for the NFL draft. The Tigers' standout filled out the paperwork. He decided to return and build help Jackson State and himself to be the best.
At 5-foot-11, 185-pounds, Griffin was listed as an outside linebacker, playing the Tiger position. In 2013, he had three interceptions, including one returned for a touchdown. He finished with 62 tackles (third-most in the team), 8 1/2 TFL, four pass breakups, seven passes defended and three quarterback hurries.
Currently, Griffin has 56 tackles, 5.5 tackles-for-loss, one sack and two interceptions in eight games. The Tigers' are 3-5 overall and 1-4 in the SWAC. They take on Alabama State this weekend.
Two weeks ago, the world was falling. A Boston College defeat left the team at 3-2 heading on the road out of Massachusetts for the first time this season. They were about to get back into ACC play against an NC State team, and the outlook was grim.
But BC dominated on Saturday, taking a 30-14 victory over the Wolfpack to pull up to 4-2 on the season and within two victories of bowl eligibility. The Eagles controlled the clock, and Tyler Murphy ran for over 130 yards with a couple of long touchdown runs. The defense held NC State to under 250 yards overall, and they averaged 1.7 yards per rushing play.
That was then, and this is now. We turn the page to Saturday with help from all of you for the next opponent - Clemson. We'll talk the Tigers and the young yet fierce rivalry, and we'll speak with people who know a Top 25 team best. Clemson is back into the top 25 at #24 this week, and they'll be coming up on Saturday with their troves of fans.
So tune in at 8 PM and give us a call at 646-200-0446 to talk Tigers. Game day is right around the corner!
Join Host Live Chats
- Trunews Radio (23 chatters)
- The Portal (16 chatters)
- Straitway (16 chatters)
- Tha Boxing Voice Radio Show (16 chatters)
- The Wacko Network (11 chatters)
- SpeakEasy Cafe (9 chatters)
- TRUradio (7 chatters)
- The War Room (6 chatters)
- Trek Talking (6 chatters)
- The Hereafter Is Now Network (6 chatters)
- Open Lines Paranormal show (6 chatters)
- Positively Autistic (6 chatters)
- EmpowerYOU Radio (6 chatters)
- Golf Talk Live (6 chatters)
- Robert Cardoza Live (5 chatters)
- Universal Energy (5 chatters)
- TheLegacyOfANation (4 chatters)
- Frat House Sports (4 chatters)
- RaptureCentric101 (4 chatters)
- Audrey Russo (4 chatters)
- BacktoBasicsRadio (4 chatters)
- Destruindo Fortalezas (3 chatters)
- Comfy Crystal and Medium Eshne (3 chatters)
- Elevate The Soul (3 chatters)
- real talk for real people0 (3 chatters)
- Tom Florios Hard Rock n Sports (3 chatters)
- The Wake Up Mission (3 chatters)
- FFToolbox (2 chatters)
- JASmius (2 chatters)
- JIMMY SMITH (2 chatters)
- MyViewMatters (2 chatters)
- Dominick Calvitto (2 chatters)
- Conservative Report (2 chatters)
- CTKRMinistries (2 chatters)
- CWA Radio (1 chatters)
- Discovering The Truth w Dan Duval (1 chatters)
- BBQSS Sports Network (1 chatters)
- Everything Kathy B (1 chatters)
- HONEY DRIP RADIO (1 chatters)
- Impact Media (1 chatters)
- Its Not Me Its You (1 chatters)
- Nu Power Radio Network (1 chatters)
- LA Batchelor (1 chatters)
- Larcher and Lorensen (1 chatters)
- Jay King Network (1 chatters)
- Jesusandwetalk (1 chatters)
- FootballGameplan (1 chatters)
- Writestream Radio Network (1 chatters)