SORT BY Relevancy
Feeling down or depressed from time to time happens to most people. Usually such feelings pass, and a person can improve his or her mood naturally. However, some people cannot break out of a depressed state over an extended period of time. In those cases, a person is considered to have clinical depression. However, there is much research that shows that depression is neurological, not psychological. Certain brain patterns are frequently linked to depression.
Carlos Blanco, MD, PhD
1. How can a woman with breast cancer tell if she's struggling from
depression or just the effects of chemotherapy/treatment?
2. What are some of the more common difficulties that come up after a breast cancer diagnosis - for example, the strain on intimate relationships?
3. What are common things that family and friends can actually do to support a woman going through this? How can they actually "help" during this period of depression/health issues?
4. Are there support groups out there or treatments for this? Is depression
that common during breast cancer?
5. Can depression actually affect the course of cancer in some way?
End Depression Now Telesummit :: CLICK HERE TO SIGN UP Depression is one of the most serious, important and controversial topics in health today. Unfortunately, depression isn’t just one thing that can be solved by one little pill. If you or a loved one is struggling with depression sign up to hear The End Depression Now Expert Interview Series with over 40 doctors, researchers and depression experts to discuss and answer one the worlds most pressing health questions – how do
End Depression Now Telesummit | Depression180.com CLICK HERE TO SIGN UP ADD, ADHD, depression and anxiety are very real conditions not just for adults but for children as well. Moreover the symptoms of ADD, depression, and anxiety can be identical making it hard to form an accurate diagnosis. It’s confusing, frustrating, and discouraging whether you’re dealing with one or all of these conditions yourself or your child is. In this interview Dr. Daniel Amen, neuroscientist, best-se
Why am I feeling so bad? Women suffer from depression for a variety of reasons. Becoming a mother often triggers depression, as do other developmental stages, life events, and trauma. Today, Dr. Erika Bocknek, from the Michigan-based Relationship Institute, will join Dr. Annie, to discuss the causes, and warning signs of post-natal baby-blues and postpartum depression, as well as depression in later life stages. Dr. Annie and Dr. Bocknek will talk about the effects that depression can have on women and their children. Beth Blake will be moderating the discussion.
Erika Bocknek, Ph.D is a fully licensed Marriage and Family Therapist and has extensive experience working with individuals, couples, and families. Erika specializes in work with couples facing important early lifecycle transitions including cohabiting, engagement and premarital, newly married, and early parenting couples. Issues such as depression, anxiety, trauma, and substance abuse may be particular stressors Erika works with her clients to manage. In addition, Erika specializes in the parent-child relationship and has intensive training in early child development.
Women are two times more likely than men to experience depression at some point in their life. This higher rate in women isn’t due to biology alone. One’s life situation and cultural stressors play a role too. In order for women as well as men to get appropriate treatment, we need advocacy to eliminate the stigma surrounding depression and mental illness. How does a mother with mental illness cope with four children? Certainly we're familiar with the extreme examples such as Susan Smith but there are many more women who are suffering and not getting help. How as a society can we make help acceptable and accessible for women to get good as well as preventive mental health care? Dr. Annie Abram and Dr. Ruth White will talk about these concerns. Kathy McShane, will be moderating the discussion.
Depression180.com/Program The last episode of the 4 Real Causes of Depression.
Research has shown that there are four very different, underlying causes of depression and in the next 3 episodes I’m going to talk about the 4 very real causes of depression.
Sign up at my website for the full unedited version of "The 4 Real Causes of Depression" plus "What Antidepressants Do To The Brain."
This show is designed to provide insight inspiration and access to information for the community. It is sponsored by Purpose for Women International, a non-profit which supports the economic development of the community, women and encourages enterprise.
YOUR SHOW HOST: Heather L. Tapia ~ Proserity Adviser
Co- Host: Jess Londree- Women's International Public Health
Purpose for Women International provides access to resources, funding, education, entreprenurial opportunities, and empowerment events supporting an increased awareness on local, national and international issues for women, children, families and the community. We partner with other business, non-profits and like- hearted individuals to affect change on a local, national and international level. www.PurposeforWomenInternational.org
Depression180.com/Program Research has shown that there are four very different, underlying causes of depression and in the next 3 episodes I’m going to talk about the 4 very real causes of depression. Sign up at my website for the full unedited version of "The 4 Real Causes of Depression" plus "What Antidepressants Do To The Brain." Depression180.com
Join Host Live Chats
- Pagans Tonight Radio (19 chatters)
- thelordshour (16 chatters)
- The Wacko Network (14 chatters)
- Joe Prich Radio (10 chatters)
- Pine Ridge Warriors (10 chatters)
- vcubed (9 chatters)
- We Built That Network (7 chatters)
- The Road Less Traveled (7 chatters)
- Cross Encounters (6 chatters)
- The Biblical Hebrew (5 chatters)
- The Hereafter Is Now Network (5 chatters)
- The Psychic Surgeon (4 chatters)
- Universal Radio (4 chatters)
- Michael Anthony Johnson (3 chatters)
- Side Kick Pro (3 chatters)
- SIN JONES (3 chatters)
- Daddy G (3 chatters)
- DYNASTY NETWORK 1382 (3 chatters)
- Donny C (2 chatters)
- WorldOfInkNetwork (2 chatters)
- Xpoze Radio (2 chatters)
- Truth Emerges (1 chatters)
- SPECULATION SPORTS (1 chatters)
- MKSPCG (1 chatters)
- The Steven James Experience (1 chatters)
- dtm radio (1 chatters)
- Greg Kellogg (1 chatters)
- Jay King Network (1 chatters)
- RF Sports Radio (1 chatters)
- Shetaut Neter (1 chatters)
- DavidHittle (1 chatters)
- Crs Radio Caribbean Radio Show (1 chatters)
- American Preppers Radio (1 chatters)
- Autistic Adventures (1 chatters)
- Chocolate Sity (1 chatters)
- Clive Hudson Master Blaster (1 chatters)