SORT BY Relevancy
Do you know that 1 in 8 women suffer from postpartum depression (PPD), according to Postpartum Support International (PSI)?
"Maternal illness is not new. It was recognized as early as the fifth century B.C., when Hippocrates proposed that fluid from the uterus could flow to the head after childbirth and cause delirium. In the Middle Ages, mothers with such symptoms were viewed as witches or victims of witchcraft. " Belluck, P. (2014, June 15). Thinking of Ways to Harm Her. The New York Times. Retrieved from http://www.nytimes.com
We've come a long way in understanding postpartum depression but we still need to work on de-stigmatizing the illness, and raise awareness on what PPD is, and most importantly, we need to implement successful tools to identify women mostly vulnerable to PPD, so treatment can start as soon as possible.
Our guest today is Carly Snyder, M.D. , a psychiatrist in New York City with a focus and expertise in Reproductive Psychiatry.
What is Depression?
What are the causes and effects?
How does it manifest itself?
What are the early signs of depression?
Does depression mean suicide?
What does it mean to be clinically depressed?
Do kids get depressed?
How do you fix depression?
What help is out there?
Is it possible to cover up depression?
Should I tell my Partner about it?
All of these and much more will be discussed on TONIGHT's Episode of LOVE IN THE HOUSE at 9PM UK/GMT.
***Remember the show is designed with you in mind, please share with friends and family. Thanks***
How does someone know if they are depressed? Are you feeling exceptionally tired, low energy, or do you have difficulty doing things or even getting out of bed? Is your ability to concentrate more difficult. Do you have a low interest in your regular hobbies and activities. Have your eating habits changed recently… or do you isolate yourself from others? These are some of the signs that you may be experiencing depression. Join us for this month’s lunch and learn to learn more about what you can do to combat depression.
Tonight's episode is about depression. We will discuss myths and facts about depression. We will also have special guest Racquel Williams and Eartha Watt Hicks talk about their books MEMOIR OF A SHATTERED SOUL and LOVE CHANGES.
Smokin Mirror Audio Books will be given to three lucky winners!!!!
Who would've thought that Robin Williams, one of the most funniest and wittiest men that so many adored would commit suicide because of depression. How can someone who appeared to be so happy be so DEPRESSED? This tragedy has without a doubt shaken up society by reintroducing to us all the horrifc realities of depression. What can we do about this? What signs must we look for? What preventative steps can be taken to avoid falling into what doctors are now calling a DISEASE. More importantly, where does God come into play? Join another episode of Open Treasures as we discuss the deceptions of depression and how it can affect an individual....even to the point of death.
In light of the death of Robon Williams, the topic of depression has received some attention. Depression is a real condition that affects millions of people, many of them older adults. Let's talk about depression on the next episode of Discussions with Delia.
Suicide can sometimes be the unfortunate outcome of depression, join us for a serious discussion. No, talking about suicide does not encourage it.
Spiritual Growth Tools on the Radio has a variety of guests to help you to better understand the blocks that are holding you back, the show aims to entertain, inform and offer a different perspective to the issues that you are faced with. We hope you will join us on the journey!
This weeks guest is Anna Taylor, who has been on the show before.
Known as 'The Angels' Voice', Anna is an international recording artist, singer-songwriter, Angel Therapist®, Theta Healing Practitioner® and radio host.
Anna embraces her purpose as a messenger of love and inspiration and regularly shares her story to show that anything is possible - most recently in The Sunday Times Style magazine.
Sound and song therapy played an integral part in Anna’s healing, and her innate love of singing inspired her to dream of recording her own CD. ALREADY HERE was released in 2010 and later became ‘CD of the month’ in Soul and Spirit magazine.
For more details about Anna and her work, please visit: http://www.anna-taylor.co.uk
Brought to you by Spiritual Growth Tools
The Robin Williams story now has a tragic ending - yet this isn't the first time we have witnessed a famous actor, comedian, or musician deal with this debilitating dissorder. Today we look at the headlines, and what is behind the headlines. An estimated one in ten adults in the US are dealing with depression; if not you, then someone you know or love.
The show to know when you want better! Join Terri & Vince Hase and build a better you! www.BetterYouRadio.net
A part of the Better YOU Project - www.BetterYouProject.org
Hostess Lisa Winton and Swami Jayananda will be looking at depression and how not all depression is dysfunctional but in fact necessary when going through points of passage. They will point out the seven year cycle of transiting Saturn and the progressed Moon to mark the points of passage. They will give suggestions in how to employ Kriya Yoga lifestyle strategies to overcome the inertia of energy loss. Join them as they invite you to take responsibility for your hidden potential and follow the Kriya Yoga Spiritual Advance.
Part 2 of Depression... The Tears of a Clown...
30 mins sometimes isn't enough to say what we need to say... Miss Raina will go into depression a little more indepth!
We will discuss the signs and symptoms of depression and when to notice if someone is in real need of help
If you missed part 1 of this show, you can catch it in the archive section!
In lieu of the passing of Robin Williams passing, Miss Raina will do a show on Depression...
Join us this friday, August 15th at 6:30 pm est!!
Miss Raina will go into the thoughts and feelings of depression.. Having to deal with her own chronic depression often, she will give you advice to how to help cope with it!!
Depression is a serious illness that effects many people all over the world... It often lead to loss of friends, family, social life and many times suicide!
Join Host Live Chats
- Hagmann and Hagmann Report (488 chatters)
- John Baptist (97 chatters)
- Get Real LOL uncensored reality tv (47 chatters)
- Rundgren Radio (35 chatters)
- Talk Real Solutions (35 chatters)
- WGAG Radio (27 chatters)
- African History Ntwk (22 chatters)
- Curious Times (20 chatters)
- Jennifer Hoffman (19 chatters)
- DynastySoundtrack (18 chatters)
- thelordshour (17 chatters)
- The J Ril Show (16 chatters)
- Andrea Shea King (14 chatters)
- Dead Air Paranormal Radio (13 chatters)
- Dr DREAM and Laura Eisenhower (13 chatters)
- FUTURE OF MENTELLECT RADIO (12 chatters)
- Odwirafo (12 chatters)
- Greg Kellogg (11 chatters)
- Metaphysical and Spiritual Chat (10 chatters)
- Mindzmatter (10 chatters)
- BFD Fantasy Football (10 chatters)
- R2C2H2 Tha Artivist (10 chatters)
- Bamabird29 (9 chatters)
- Garrett Miller Radio (9 chatters)
- Dr Pat Holliday (8 chatters)
- BacktoBasicsRadio (8 chatters)
- Canadian Motocross Weekly (8 chatters)
- Cardboard Connection Radio (8 chatters)
- Leslie Draper (8 chatters)
- Ms KiKi (8 chatters)
- Soul Empowerment Radio (7 chatters)
- Moorish Science Radio (7 chatters)
- Goddess Rhonda (7 chatters)
- Coach Khayr (6 chatters)
- Contending 4 Truth Radio (6 chatters)
- Bards Logic Political Talk (6 chatters)
- The Ron and Don Show (6 chatters)
- TonyWolfPaw (6 chatters)
- Yo Momma Black (5 chatters)
- thedean (5 chatters)
- Beyond the Airwaves TIP (5 chatters)
- Blasturthoughts (5 chatters)
- Ed Ymiah Gospel Revealed (5 chatters)
- MCMJimmy (5 chatters)
- Minn4Freedom (5 chatters)
- Pagans Tonight Radio (5 chatters)
- Juneau Xena (4 chatters)
- Jay King Network (4 chatters)
- Feldman World Group (4 chatters)
- David and Wes (4 chatters)
- Bleed Blue Show (4 chatters)
- Brain Injury Radio (4 chatters)
- AmericanMuslim360 (3 chatters)
- 12kyle (3 chatters)
- Fellowship of Deliverance (3 chatters)
- Golden Rose Psychic Radio (3 chatters)
- Marti Oakley (3 chatters)
- OPWR (3 chatters)
- Ordinarywmn (3 chatters)
- Soul Tree Radio X In The Raw (3 chatters)
- sun752 (3 chatters)
- SURN Host (3 chatters)
- Swaggercountdown (3 chatters)
- TalkNChitwTraCGmore (3 chatters)
- The Forbidden Fruit (2 chatters)
- Radio by Renford (2 chatters)
- Royal Thieves Radio (2 chatters)
- The Soon2BeCatLady Show (2 chatters)
- The Kennel Spotlight (2 chatters)
- The Larry Love Show (2 chatters)
- Truth Emerges (2 chatters)
- TJMorrisETRadio (2 chatters)
- Xclusive Jamz Nation (2 chatters)
- Universal Radio (2 chatters)
- URN Radio Network (2 chatters)
- Welcome to Docradio Network (2 chatters)
- MUTHA WIT WISDOM (2 chatters)
- Nerdy 30s (2 chatters)
- NWO Truth Radio (2 chatters)
- KLJN 107 7 (2 chatters)
- Emotion Code Healing (2 chatters)
- Dave in the City (2 chatters)
- Barbershop Sports (2 chatters)
- BadCulture Radio Network (1 chatters)
- chocmami (1 chatters)
- Dragon vs Dragon (1 chatters)
- Delicious Talk (1 chatters)
- Main Street Universe (1 chatters)
- JasonAdams3 (1 chatters)
- Metaphysics and Awareness (1 chatters)
- Omega Man Channel 2 (1 chatters)
- Omega Ministry Group (1 chatters)
- Opulent Network (1 chatters)
- Sport City Chefs (1 chatters)
- Pro MMA Now Radio (1 chatters)
- TWR Radio (1 chatters)
- The Mirror Show (1 chatters)
- TheLegacyOfANation (1 chatters)
- Talk2Q (1 chatters)