SORT BY Relevancy
This week on Autism Spectrum Radio we discuss a topic that is extremely important to many parents of young kids with autism, social skills and ability. Most parents are familiar with the social challenges faced by our kids on the spectrum but not everyone knows helpful strategies that will support better social function. This week, host Rob Haupt is pleased to welcome Dr. Ann Densmore, Ed.D. CCC SLP/A, certified speech pathologist and audiologist and author of Helping Children with Autism Become More Social: 76 Ways to Use Narrative Play and author of Your Successful Preschooler: Ten Skills Children Need to Become Confident and Socially Engaged.
Dr. Ann Densmore, Ed.D. CCC SLP/A, certified speech pathologist and audiologist and author of Helping Children with Autism Become More Social: 76 Ways to Use Narrative Play and author of Your Successful Preschooler: Ten Skills Children Need to Become Confident and Socially Engaged (Harvard Medical School and Jossey-Bass, 2011). Director of Child Talk in Lexington, MA. Ann Densmore has been a speech and language consultant at public and private schools or more than 30 years. In addition to running a private practice in Lexington, Massachusetts she also consults internationally and has taught seminars for professionals and students at Harvard Medical School. Ann holds an Ed.M. in Human Development and Psychology from Harvard Graduate School of Education and an Ed.D. in Education with a specialization in child discourse from Clark University. She is board-certified in speech and language pathology and audiology. Ann swims Walden Pond every morning (when it’s not iced over) and enjoys long bike rides with her friends. She also loves photography, swimming with Cambridge New England Masters at Harvard University, and taking walks with her Portuguese Water Dog, Map. http://www.child-talk.com/ Twitter: @AnnDensmore
Today's show topic: Gut problems in children with autism, with a brief discussion of a new treatment study.
Today's guest: Prof. James Adams, Ph.D., is the President of the Autism Society of Greater Phoenix, the Director of the ASU Autism/Asperger’s Research Program, and President of the Autism Nutrition Research Center. He has published over 30 scientific research studies on autism, including several studies on gut problems and gut bacteria in children with autism. He is currently co-leading a FDA-approved study on Beneficial Bacteria Transfer for Treating Gut Problems in Children with Autism.
Arizona State University's Autism and Asperger's Research Program is dedicated to finding the causes of autism, how to prevent autism, and how to best help people with autism. Please join Understanding Autism Radio Show and Autism with Excellence for this year's 10th Annual Autism Zoo Walk at the Phoenix Zoo. The zoo walk raises money to support ASU's Autism and Asperger's research. This year's walk is on October 4th at the Phoenix Zoo. To register and find out how you can support, go to www.facebook.com/UnderstandingAutismRadio
All parents face daily obstacles, but parents of children with autism experience increased challenges that can result in overwhelming anxiety, depression, self-doubt and sadness. Ultimately, these parents are husbands, wives, sisters, brothers, family and friends who simply wish to experience more fulfilling and satisfying lives with their children.
Dr. Darren Sush is a clinical psychologist and board certified behavior analyst, specializing in therapy for parents of children with autism. Throughout his career, Dr. Sush has recognized that parents of children with autism can significantly benefit from the guidance, comfort and empathy of therapeutic services that support their unique experiences and struggles.
Over the past decade, Dr. Sush has had the privilege of working within agencies that provide intervention and support for children diagnosed with autism. Through his work developing treatment programs, meeting with families and helping children, he has gained exceptional knowledge and understanding of the unique experiences of parents of children with autism.
He offers direct knowledge and guidance to the various questions that arise regarding children with autism’s behavior, skill building, treatment, funding and school placement, and helps families live their best lives possible.
in Self Help
Tune in LIVE this Sunday September 14th at 4pm PDT as I welcome Marty Kelly to the show Autism & Stem Cells. You’re encouraged to call into the show with questions for Justine aka Miss ADD, or Marty at (917) 889-7025.
Marty Kelly’s son, Kenneth, was diagnosed with Autism, and she had exhausted every possible medical treatment in the U.S. She and her husband eventually traveled to Panama, for Kenneth to receive STEM CELL TREATMENTS and it has made a huge difference in his life. At age 8 he had an IQ of 55, at 13 he now is in school and has an IQ of 98. Listen LIVE on Sunday to find out why they attribute this incredible success to stem cell treatments.
For more info, visit their blog www.KensJourneyToRecovery.Blogspot.com and watch their YouTube videos:
Ken's Journey To Recovery--Stem Cell Autism Miracle
Spect Scan - Amen Clinic New York 2013
Good evening everybody and welcome to Positively Autistic: Sarah’s Autism Chat. Allow me to introduce myself. My name is Sarah Scrimshaw and I am the host of Sarah’s Autism Chat, and my co-host for the show is Joe Westlake.
Our topic of discussion will be ‘how do we make the Government’s requirements around meeting the needs of all those on the Autism Spectrum implementation work,’ and are the policies enforcing change enough or do you think we need the Government’s involvement with, how autism partnership boards work/ and should there be a tighter structure system as well as bringing you up to date with autism stuff happening here in the UK.
As always, we’d love to hear from you, so join us in the chat room, as well as calling in if you want to ask any questions, on 1-619-393-2848 or via the Skype link.
Travis Pope was unable to be on the show so The Oklahoma Tomcat hosted this show. On today's show, The Oklahoma Tomcat predicts what President Obama is going to say in his speech. He goes off on how the federal government has been handling Iraq and ISIS. He then talks about Autism and address' two news articles about autism. He receives a call from a very special caller who gives great information about Autism and explains the different types of autism. He then closes the show by talking about the NFL and Ray Rice and demestic abuse.
Join Brett & Jon Rappaport on The Final Say every day, Monday through Friday from 3 to 4 PM EST, as we discuss and analyze current news, politics, policy, issues, and world events. We have a strong roster of guests each week so make sure to check our schedule.
Daniel Halper, Editor at The Weekly Standard, joins the show to discuss President Obamas speech on ISIS
Welcome to the brand-new Positively Autistic radio show, Autism, God's Bright Kids! Dana Susan Beasley, a homeschooling mother of an Asperger teen and wife to an Aspie husband, will be your host starting Monday, September 15 and repeating weekly at this time spot.
Today, we will hear from co-founder Joe Westlake, co-founder of Positively Autistic. We will also be joined by Annie Eskeldson, author of Ashi's Gift and homeschooling mother to two Autistic children. She will be sharing about the beautiful book she wrote, the challenges she faces homeschooling two Autistic children, and her out-of-the-box therapy ideas that can be done by a parent at home.
Dana is the owner of AngelArts, a Creative Arts Agency and Publishing House. Seven years ago, she discovered that her son and husband both have Aspergers. It's opened up a whole new world for her and her family. Yes, there are incredible challenges, but she chooses to see how God has blessed her family through it.
Her son created a painting that became an inspiration for her Autism Awareness product line, Autism: God's Bright Kids. She also is publishing a book called "Angels in the Midst: Rising Above Autism and Aspergers," a collection of stories, poetry, videos, and artwork about how God uses ordinary people in the challenge of living with Autism and how He works in the midst of it. She is looking for submissions, sponsors, and nonprofits to give a portion of the revenue to. The book is due out in April 2015.
Dana welcomes callers who want to tell stories about how God used ordinary people in the midst of their challenges and how God is working in the midst of living with Autism, as a parent or as one affected.
Welcome to my brand new weekly radio show, every Tuesday at 6pm UK time, 1pm EST and 10am PST. On the show I will be talking about the Government's requirements around meeting the needs of all those on the Autistic Spectrum, and any autism issues any of my listener’s may want to address - if so, we would like to hear from you.
You can join me in the chat room, as well as calling in on the call in number, 1-(619)-393-2848 or you can call in via the Skype link.
Denise Griffitts interviews Ryan Daniel Moran
Ryan Daniel Moran is the author of The Freedom Manifesto: How to Make a Million Dollars, Travel the World, And Live the Life of Your Dreams. He is one of the most sought after speakers and thought leaders on lifestyle freedom in the world. He specializes in creating extremely profitable cash flow streams and businesses without compromising lifestyle.
Ryan is passionate about inspiring, educating, and empowering people to live extraordinary lives, and he believes that anyone can live the life of their dreams as long as they take responsibility for their results and take consistent action toward getting what they want. He firmly believes that you become wealthy as a direct result of who you become, rather than money making you a different person.
When Ryan isn’t inspiring his listeners and readers, you’ll find him at an improve show, a Cleveland Indians game, or traveling the world.
You can also listen to his Freedom Fast Lane podcast here.
Larry will be interviewing Daniel Holdings about the completion of his new book and ask Daniel that question - "What time do you think it is?"
Augusto Perez will be joining us!
Join Host Live Chats
- Hagmann and Hagmann Report (500 chatters)
- Mindzmatter (87 chatters)
- Talk Real Solutions (43 chatters)
- African History Ntwk (36 chatters)
- thelordshour (30 chatters)
- Namaste Farms (27 chatters)
- JohnMcTernan (25 chatters)
- MN.B.R.T. (23 chatters)
- in5d (20 chatters)
- The Oracle Speaks (15 chatters)
- A Just Cause Coast 2 Coast (14 chatters)
- Andrea Shea King (12 chatters)
- Cross Talk Radio brother Lawrence (12 chatters)
- The One People Oneness Radio (12 chatters)
- SpeakEasy Cafe (12 chatters)
- ILLUMINATION (10 chatters)
- Phoenix3333 (10 chatters)
- Tha Boxing Voice Radio Show (9 chatters)
- RaptureCentric101 (8 chatters)
- Rifleman (8 chatters)
- Omega Man (8 chatters)
- BerniceBennett (8 chatters)
- Dead Air Paranormal Radio (7 chatters)
- Higher Truth Radio (7 chatters)
- Radio Jihad Network (7 chatters)
- Shifting Times Radio (6 chatters)
- thisisit4321 (6 chatters)
- High Frequency Radio Network (6 chatters)
- Journey Into Light (6 chatters)
- NWO Truth Radio Mass Media (6 chatters)
- Culture Freedom Radio Network (6 chatters)
- Ed Ymiah Gospel Revealed (5 chatters)
- Mormon Vegetarian (5 chatters)
- HisWordHisWay (5 chatters)
- The Wacko Network (5 chatters)
- The Captain0 (5 chatters)
- SportsBuzzRadio (4 chatters)
- The Portal (4 chatters)
- The Rad Reality Show (4 chatters)
- Station IWDM (4 chatters)
- reactionariez (4 chatters)
- Personality Speaking (4 chatters)
- Cage Side Submissions (4 chatters)
- churchfolk (4 chatters)
- AtaensicNetworkStation (3 chatters)
- AmericanMuslim360 (3 chatters)
- Fellowship of Deliverance (3 chatters)
- Curious Times (3 chatters)
- Crs Radio Caribbean Radio Show (3 chatters)
- JCOvercomersMinistri (3 chatters)
- Marti Oakley (3 chatters)
- Healing Light Radio (3 chatters)
- SISTERS IN HARMONY (3 chatters)
- The Steven James Experience (3 chatters)
- Twin Radio (3 chatters)
- Winging It In Motown (3 chatters)
- WE RESISTERS RADIO (2 chatters)
- URN Radio Network (2 chatters)
- The War Room (2 chatters)
- The Smooth Jazz Ride (2 chatters)
- The View from Montana (2 chatters)
- The Love Zone USA (2 chatters)
- Sportscolumndotcom (2 chatters)
- The Crystal Show (2 chatters)
- Speak your mind7 (2 chatters)
- SURN Host (2 chatters)
- Swaggercountdown (2 chatters)
- Revelation Radio Network (2 chatters)
- Random Rants (2 chatters)
- Raw Sex (2 chatters)
- Live with Shirley (2 chatters)
- Debate Talk 4 U (2 chatters)
- DiabetesSocMed (2 chatters)
- Frat House Sports (2 chatters)
- Garrett Miller Radio (2 chatters)
- George Ramirez (2 chatters)
- Body of Christ (2 chatters)
- Brain Injury Radio (1 chatters)
- Bigbagstudios (1 chatters)
- BLACK SATIN RADIO LIVE (1 chatters)
- Clive Hudson Master Blaster (1 chatters)
- cathies DistantEchos (1 chatters)
- American Preppers Radio (1 chatters)
- Aubrey Allen Smith (1 chatters)
- BBQSS Sports Network (1 chatters)
- Ask the Theologian (1 chatters)
- God In The Midst (1 chatters)
- FFN On The Air (1 chatters)
- Enterpraisement Media Group (1 chatters)
- Diary of A Psalmist (1 chatters)
- drkate (1 chatters)
- Drunken Radio (1 chatters)
- Loren and Arjeana Due (1 chatters)
- manofgod7 (1 chatters)
- KayakFishingRadio (1 chatters)
- KLJN 107 7 (1 chatters)
- Larcher and Lorensen (1 chatters)
- Lets talkXXXGod is not Religious (1 chatters)
- HONEY DRIP RADIO (1 chatters)
- Its Real Talk Live (1 chatters)
- Jamie Roxx (1 chatters)
- Jay King Network (1 chatters)
- NDB Media (1 chatters)
- Mystic Light and Shadows (1 chatters)
- Pagans Tonight Radio (1 chatters)
- Pro MMA Now Radio (1 chatters)
- Pro Wrestling Torch (1 chatters)
- Quagmire America (1 chatters)
- RichKid Radio (1 chatters)
- Restoring Your Reality (1 chatters)
- Sweet Psychic (1 chatters)
- SirTemplar (1 chatters)
- The Forbidden Fruit (1 chatters)
- The Chronical of Ladi Kay (1 chatters)
- Terrachat Net (1 chatters)
- The Tailgate Show (1 chatters)
- The Russell Reed Show (1 chatters)
- The Seika Network (1 chatters)
- TJMorrisETRadio (1 chatters)
- Top Star Hip Hop Radio (1 chatters)
- WDC DA MOVEMENT (1 chatters)
- TWR Radio (1 chatters)
- WGAG Radio (1 chatters)
- WHTP Radio Network (1 chatters)