SORT BY Relevancy
This show will discuss how values and traditions shape how we view life.
What is culture and how does it influence us?
This is part II of our discussion Re:Halloween traditions. Where and how the originated. This episode will cover costumes and the tradition its self. Please feel free to join us through the chat room or live on air. If you would like to discuss this subject with us live on air please email us so that we can get you the phone number and directions to call in and speak live. We welcome all to join if you are not comfortable talking live on air you can join the conversation via the live chat room.
We will be discussing our halloween traditions. We will cover where and how they originated. This will be a two episode show. Part 2 will air Sunday 10/12/14 @12:00pm. Please feel free to ask questions via chat. If you are interested in speaking on air regarding this subject please email us so we can get you the phone number and instructions. Anyone can ask questions or give info via the chat room if you are not comfortable speaking live on air. If you are a practicing Wiccan we would love to have you join us on air as that is where alot of our current traditions originated from.
Are you and I an Antient or a Modern? If a better, improved hammer or a chisel harder and resistant to dulling blows, was handed to a craftsman even Christoper Wren was happy with the result. In the old days, a lot of wives died during childbirth. Rooms were cold and not so long ago. Voice and note but no wireless; no power brakes, or power steering. Would we give up LED lights, A/C and safety equipped cars when our loved ones drive off?
Sometimes I flirt with the idea that actually understand why the old boys codifed their local ways into Charges and Constitution. It occurred to me that some freemasons have been happy to innovate by replacing the first Local Traditions with their own. It's a thought I can't get out of my mind. And it is why I must be an Antient because I'm beginning to see LT's as unwanted innovations. Changing the first LT's is changing the ways. Bloody hell! Moderns are everywhere but being an Antient feels right. The first LT's were created by early craftsman. By perserving them, I feel a singular connection that isn't there with LT's only 20, 30 or 50 years old. If the 'modern' LT's were a revival of the first LT's then I'm good with them. But they aren't. Masonic history still tells the stories and explains the old traditions. And I like that a lot. Modern LT's is printing money with limited value.
I am not going to throw myself on a sword to protect them, but I won't support new LTs. The older boys aren't around anymore to reclaim their concerns. But some freemasons are restoring the old walls, setting one stone at a time. There is a need to use the newest tools to keep our Lodges in touch- of course. Have at it, but protect the first local traditions and keep the connection alive.
Tonight : Gatlin Fires Back..Cuban Athletes Face Tough Times..Holla Atcha Boy w Jamie Nieto.
An indepth look with liveley discussion of the Track and Field happenings with a Caribbean twist with the Data Guy, Rico and host Sean Garrity. Athlete analysis, head to head matchups, relay pools, field events break down, world leads and much much more. Interviews with coaches and athletes.
This is not your typical Sports show...its all track heads and junkies!!
The mic and phones are always open, so call in with your comments and questions to 626-657-2104 or twitter @tfjradio
Join Host Live Chats
- Holger Awakens (32 chatters)
- Talk Real Solutions (22 chatters)
- The Wacko Network (18 chatters)
- thelordshour (18 chatters)
- Pine Ridge Warriors (14 chatters)
- JohnMcTernan (12 chatters)
- JoePrichRadio (11 chatters)
- Pagans Tonight Radio (11 chatters)
- The Psychic Viewpoint (11 chatters)
- Metaphysical and Spiritual Chat (9 chatters)
- Cross Talk Radio brother Lawrence (9 chatters)
- WGAG Radio (9 chatters)
- FIREFOXNEWS ONLINE (8 chatters)
- Shetaut Neter (5 chatters)
- KimberleyJ (4 chatters)
- WorldOfInkNetwork (4 chatters)
- Holy Ghost Healing Explosion Shows (3 chatters)
- HOV Radio (3 chatters)
- Culture Freedom Radio Network (3 chatters)
- BacktoBasicsRadio (3 chatters)
- C Maria Wall (3 chatters)
- opposing the matrix (3 chatters)
- Universal Radio (3 chatters)
- The Psychic Surgeon (3 chatters)
- R3belutionRadioShow (2 chatters)
- Tarhaka (2 chatters)
- The Steven James Experience (2 chatters)
- NOPC Radio Network (2 chatters)
- ALMIGHTY ALLSUNDARA (2 chatters)
- Donny C (2 chatters)
- Fins Radio (2 chatters)
- Chocolate Sity (1 chatters)
- Diane Grimble Ministries N Friends (1 chatters)
- Italian Tomatoes (1 chatters)
- Missouri Grassroots Radio (1 chatters)
- motherofsix (1 chatters)
- SURN Host (1 chatters)
- Prophetess E Bynum Ministries (1 chatters)
- Xclusive Jamz Nation (1 chatters)