SORT BY Relevancy
Domestic violence is a heated topic with many different views on what is abuse and how victims should deal with it. Laws have been put in place to have zero tolerance but have they worked the way they were intended and have they created criminals for incidents that should not have resulted in arrest. Is it a problem for just women and why do victims stay so long. Can ABUSERS be changed and if so how. This topic needs more attention and not just for the obvious reasons join us live and share your thoughts
The Aftermath of Violence: Trauma & Abuse
Harris County Precint 7 Domestic Violence Deputy Program
5290 Griggs Road, Houston, TExas 77021
24 hour dispatch 713-643-6602
Victims Services 713-643-66773
Expert Susie Kroll discusses the growing epidemic of teen dating violence among our teens, how to recognize the signs and what we can do to prevent it.
One in three students report experiencing some sort of abuse in their relationships.
Susie Kroll is passionate about the prevention, advocacy, treatment, and mental healthcare aspects of Domestic Violence, Teen Dating Violence, Sexual Assault, Child Sexual Abuse, and Bullying. She has been educating, speaking, and teaching in this field for almost 10 years. She got her start volunteering at her local domestic violence agency and confidential shelter, working at her local ERs doing advocacy work for victims of sexual assault and child sexual abuse and working at the 24 Hour Support Hotline. In addition to this work, Susie began speaking about prevention and educating about domestic violence and teen dating violence to area junior high and high schools, and community organizations.
To better serve the victims, survivors, and children of Domestic Violence and Teen Dating Violence Susie elected to earn a Master’s degree in Counseling Psychology with an extra emphasis on Children, Families & Couples Counseling. Susie graduated with her Master’s degree in 2014.
Susie believes that the best way to end Domestic Violence and Teen Dating Violence is with a combination of prevention, education, intervention, and the empowerment of victims and survivors to make their own positive choices.
Dayna Herroz was a mother and grandmother in July 2006, she didn’t think life could get any better and she was right. What she didn’t know was the life she loved was about to end. On July 26, 2006 her 22 year old daughter Tori Vienneau and 10 month grandson Dean Springstube were found murdered in their apartment and the nightmare began.
8 ½ years later she is a Survivor of Violent Crime and a proud voice for Tori and Dean. Their story was told on Dateline NBC on March 18th, 2011 and it was titled “Complicated”. The following year Tori and Dean’s story was told on the Investigation Discovery channel series “Stolen Voices, Buried Secrets” titled “Lethal Liaison’s” (season 2, Episode 208).
As a peer advocate, Dayna facilitates a Violent Loss support group at the Jenna Druck Center and hosted the Survivors of Violent Loss River of Remembrance and Holiday Memorial for the past 4 years.
She is a Board Member of Victims Assistance Coordinating Council (VACC) and is their 2013 "Victim Advocate of the year" recipient.
She is a contributing member & writer for the new book “Murder Survivors Handbook” which is the first book of its kind. It came out on September 25, 2014 to coincide with National Day of Remembrance for murder victims.
Dayna has found a way to live with the loss of her precious daughter and grandson by attending and facilitating the Violent Loss support group at the Jenna Druck Center, volunteering her time at events, vigils, and one on one support for those who are struggling just to get through another day. Her life purpose is to help others who have had a violent loss in their lives to find a way to live with it with grace and dignity, and to honor their loved ones in the process.
Join Host Live Chats
- Talk Real Solutions (36 chatters)
- KNOW THE LEDGE RADIO (32 chatters)
- MIKE MILLZ RADIO (26 chatters)
- Curious Times (26 chatters)
- Ms Blue (26 chatters)
- WGAG Radio (25 chatters)
- ParanormalReview (18 chatters)
- AltCon Radio (16 chatters)
- Thirdphaseofmoon UFO Sightings (16 chatters)
- TruthWorks Network (9 chatters)
- WE RESISTERS RADIO (9 chatters)
- Minn4Freedom (9 chatters)
- EvolutionRadioNetwork (8 chatters)
- FIREFOXNEWS ONLINE (7 chatters)
- Brain Injury Radio (7 chatters)
- The Plus Effect of BPC (7 chatters)
- Daytime After Dark (6 chatters)
- T J Sotomayor (5 chatters)
- Destruindo Fortalezas (4 chatters)
- Dollhouse Radio by India Morel (3 chatters)
- ChrisHohnholz (3 chatters)
- The Alex Cardinale Show (3 chatters)
- The Merlot Show (2 chatters)
- Unseen World (2 chatters)
- Italian Tomatoes (2 chatters)
- Joe Diesel (2 chatters)
- Fellowship of Deliverance (2 chatters)
- Path Of Life (1 chatters)
- Rated G Radio (1 chatters)
- ROADTOSTARDOM RADIO (1 chatters)
- SIXEYES RADIO (1 chatters)
- Crush Radio Raw (1 chatters)
- Caribbean Radio Show CRS Radio (1 chatters)
- The Hilltop Radio Show (1 chatters)
- The Jaime and Loco Project (1 chatters)