SORT BY Relevancy
ROBIN LAMONT interviewed by Ian Williams. Born in Boston and raised in Brooklyn, I attended Carnegie-Mellon’s specialized drama program where I performed in and helped conceive the musical Godspell. I stayed with the show and went on to re-create my role in the film by Columbia Pictures. To my surprise and delight, my recording of “Day by Day” from the cast album became a hit on the Billboard charts, and the film version of the song still draws viewers from around the world.
Since most actors need day jobs, I signed on with a small private investigations firm that hired actors to work undercover jobs to ferret out counterfeiters. Our boss at the time called it the “ultimate street theater.” My newest book, Wright for America,draws from the troupe of colorful characters with whom I worked as well as the unorthodox methods we often used to nab the counterfeiters.
CATSKILL REVIEW OF BOOKS AT SYNDICATEDNEWS.NET
IAN WILLIAMS, HOST
KEVIN GREF, PRODUCER
RECORDED AT WJFF STUDIOS, JEFFERSONVILLE, NY
JOHN McEUEN CEO, SYNDICATEDNEWS.NET
RUTHIE DiTUCCI, PRES. SYNDICATEDNEWS.NET
ORDER BOOK IMMEDIATELY AT www.SyndicatedNews.NET
Think the assassin’s bullet was the last tragedy President Abraham Lincoln ever dealt with? Wrong. In 1876, a group of disgruntled counterfeiters decided to steal his body and hold it for ransom and writer Tom Craughwell will share the story.
Join us for Writestream Wednesday as we welcome Mr. Craughwell to the show on Aug. 10 at noon. Craughwell will tell about the research and what ended up happening to President Lincoln’s remains.
Craughwell will also tell us how his book, "Stealing Lincoln's Body," went from manuscript to a special on the History Channel.
This episode will be one for the history books.
On July 25th we will have the full Interview with Katherine Eban author of "Dangerous Doses: A True Story of Cops, Counterfeiters, and the Contamination of America's Drug Supply". Living with PIDD? I'd love to hear from you. My listener dial-in number is (347) 934-0024 Host ID: 81784
IQPC NYC interviews Frederick Felman, Chief Marketing Officer at MarkMonitor and speaker at the Anti-Counterfeiting and Brand Protection Summit in NYC, Jan 25-27. For more info, visit anticounterfeitingsummit.com.
Bright B. Simons is a Ghanaian technology innovator, Development Activist and Social Entrepreneur. As the Director of Development Research at the award-winning African think tank IMANI (www.imanighana.org), and as the President of the mPedigree Network (www.mPedigree.Net), he works to promote innovation as the best response to Africa’s various developmental challenges.
His insights have been shared through the Economist, New York Times, BusinessWeek, the Financial Times, Asian Times, and the BBC, where he is a regular commentator for the World Service.
Bright is a Technology Pioneer of the World Economic Forum and a member of its Global Agenda Councils (the organisation's foremost expert body).
Bright invented a system for large-scale supply chains between 2004 and 2005, that has been successfully deployed by some pharmaceutical companies to protect their brands from counterfeiters, and by consumers to instantly verify the genuineness of their medicines by means of a free text message. The concept is at the base of the mPedigree platform, arguably the most celebrated item of original technology to emerge from Africa.
Bright has consulted for the World Bank in the development of a new strategy for Africa, and for the West African Health Organisation in the context of the latter's recent wide-ranging policy on medicinal counterfeiting in the region. A TED and Ashoka Fellow, he is also both a Tech Award Laureate and a member of the Evian Group's Brain Trust at IMD, widely considered to be Europe's foremost business school.
In 2010, he became an Associate of the Archbishop Desmond Tutu Fellowship.
Topic: The Constitutional Powers of the U.S. Congress 1.Borrow money 2.Regulate commerce among the states 3.Regulate naturalization 4. Regulate bankruptcies 5. Coin money 6. Fix weights and standards 7. Punish counterfeiters 8. Establish post offices 9.Establish post roads 10. Record patents
11. Protect copyrights 12. Create federal courts
13. Punish pirates 14. Declare war 15. Raise an army 16. Provide a navy 17. Call up the militia
18. Organize the militia 19. Make laws for DC
Join Host Live Chats
- GATHERING OF CHRIST CHURCH (40 chatters)
- High Frequency Radio Network (17 chatters)
- Pro Wrestling Torch (11 chatters)
- Trunews Radio (10 chatters)
- MMA Jam (7 chatters)
- Christism with Nadia Khalil Bradley (6 chatters)
- GradeGov (3 chatters)
- nXphase Records (3 chatters)
- On Air with Douglas (3 chatters)
- JASmius (3 chatters)
- 27 Outs Podcast Home of MiLB TalkX (2 chatters)
- Authority Smashers (2 chatters)
- cathies DistantEchos (1 chatters)
- Destruindo Fortalezas (1 chatters)
- Dr Ed Moloney (1 chatters)
- Everything Kathy B (1 chatters)
- Jay King Network (1 chatters)
- Joyce BarrieFriends (1 chatters)
- LA Batchelor (1 chatters)
- Its Real Talk Live (1 chatters)
- TRUradio (1 chatters)
- WBMCRadio (1 chatters)
- We are TOPS (1 chatters)
- Will Rogers PhD TheocentricBiz (1 chatters)
- Psychic Choice Radio (1 chatters)
- Ree Tunis (1 chatters)
- Sandra Booker (1 chatters)
- Talking WithTruth (1 chatters)
- The Bully Effect0 (1 chatters)
- The Final Say (1 chatters)
- TheLegacyOfANation (1 chatters)
- TheRealSideRadio (1 chatters)
- TLO Ministry (1 chatters)
- Tracey and Friends (1 chatters)