SORT BY Relevancy
Monday, June 1, at 9PM ET/6 PM PT, FightSaga Radio is back with an all-new episode of "The Sweet Science with James Gogue"!!
On tonight's 90 minute program, the three decade fight trainer will review this past weekend's fight action from New York and the UK, as well as this Saturday night's Middleweight title bout between Miguel Cotto and Daniel Geale!!
- Amir Khan UD12 over Chris Algieri
- Javier Fortuna UD12 over Bryan Vasquez
- Kell Brook TKO 6 over Frankie Gavin
- Anthony Joshua TKO 2 over Kevin Johnson
- Jorge Linares TKO 10 over Kevin Mitchell
- Lee Selby TD 8 over Evgeny Gradovich
"The Gogue" will share his thoughts on a potential super fight at 147 pounds between Special K and King Khan!!
- Who wins and why?
- Will Al Haymon allow this match-up to happen in the near future?
- Would Khan make a bigger purse fighting Brook or Mayweather?
- Would it be wise for the current IBF Welterweight Champ to take on Brandon Rios in the interim?
The expert trainer will size up this weekend's Middleweight-Catchweight showdown between Miguel Cotto and Daniel Geale on HBO!!
- Strengths and Weaknesses
- Keys to Victory
- Gogue Prediction
Tune in to another special edition of "The Sweet Science with James Gogue", exclusive to FightSaga Radio!!
Mondays at 4 pm PST/ 7 pm EST join Steve Kim and Gabriel Montoya for The Next Round on the LeaveItIntheRingradio.com Network.
This week, Steve and Gabriel review the weekend's fights including the PBC on Spike card featuring Amir Khan vs Chris Algieri and Bryan Vasquez vs Javier Fortuna. They'll also look back at Eddie Hearn's Matchroom PPV with Kell Brook vs Frankie Gavin, Jorge Linares, vs Kevin Mitchell and Anthony Joshua blowing out Kevin Johnson.
Plus, the Next Round team will breakdown this Saturday's HBO middleweight title bout between Miguel Cotto vs Daniel Geale. And they'll take a gander at Saturday's PBC on NBC fights with Robert Guerrero vs Aaron Martinez.
And as always, news, notes and your calls.
Tweet questions live to @SteveUCNLive and @Gabriel_Montoya. Call in with questions at 347-215-7598. Or download the LIITR Boxing app to listen on your mobile device. For post-show listening, download the Leave It it In The Ring podcast app or the Audioboom app.
The Next Round is sponsored by Iron Gym, located at 14548 Ventura Blvd in Sherman Oaks CA 91403 Call 818-322-4627 to get your first week of boxing training free.
Monday, May 11, at 9PM ET/6PM PT, FightSaga Radio presents a special "Canelo vs. Cotto vs. Golovkin" edition of "The Sweet Science with James Gogue"!!
The three decade fight trainer will kick off this evenings show with a recap of Saturday night's action from Houston, Texas, and examine Canelo's brutal stoppage victory over the always dangerous James Kirkland!!
- Will the Mandingo Warrior make his move back to former head trainer Ann Wolfe?
- is James Kirkland "damaged goods" at age 31?
- How impressive was Canelo Alvarez's performance on May 9th?
- Can he beat Triple G at this point in his career?
- Can Miguel Cotto challenge the Mexican fan favorite in September?
"The Gogue" will also give the FightSaga Radio listeners a treat by breaking down a series of "musical chairs" match-ups between Canelo, Cotto, and Golovkin!!
- Canelo vs. Cotto
- Canelo vs. Golovkin
- Cotto vs. Golovkin
The experiened fight trainer will also set the table for this Saturday night's main course from Inglewood, California, between Gennady Golovkin and Willie Monroe Jr., as well as the co-main event between Roman Gonzalez and Edgar Sosa
- Keys to Victory
- Gogue's Final Prediction
James will also share his thoughts concerning a few recently announced match-ups on the boxing calendar!!
- Robert Guerrero vs. Aron Martinez, June 6th on NBC Sports Network
- Erislandy Lara vs. Delvin Rodriguez, June 12th on Spike TV
- Hassan N'Dam vs. David Lemieux, June 19th, network TBA
- Adrien Broner vs. Shawn Porter, June 20th, NBC
- Tim Bradley vs. Jessie Vargas, June 27th, HBO
Tune in for another special edition of "The Sweet Science with James Gogue" on FightSaga Radio!!
Last weekend was full of British fighters, and we had some fun times in a number of those scraps. On Sky Sports, Kell Brook laced up Frankie Gavin, Lee Selby annexed a belt from Evgeny Gradovich, Jorge Linares outlasted Kevin Mitchell in a brutal go, Amir Khan got past a surprisingly scrappy Chris Algieri on Spike... But likely the talk of the weekend was Anthony Joshua's quick demolition job on Kevin Johnson. Even crazier is that Patrick Connor, boxing historian and contributor to The Fight City, and James Foley of Bad Left Hook welcome back Sam Sheppard of The Queensberry Rules, to give us a firsthand perspective of most of it. This coming weekend, Miguel Cotto wonkily defends the middleweight title against Daniel Geale at a catchweight on HBO, but not before Robert Guerrero takes on Aron Martinez for Premier Box
Today we'll be talking about Amir Khan vs Chris Algieri on June 6th, Miguel Cotto vs Canelo Alvarez, Miguel Cotto vs Jorge Sebastian Heiland and Canelo Alvarez vs James Kirkland. We'll be beginning, "This Day in The Sweet Science". Lastly, Fight Predictions.
Join the movement #ComeBackToBoxing
Call (657) 383-0795 and voice your opinion.
Roc Nation Sports and Miguel Cotto Promotions are pleased to announce the next highly anticipated battle for Miguel Cotto (39-4, 32 KO’s), the reigning WBC Middleweight World Champion and the first native of Puerto Rico to become world champion in four different weight classes. On June 6, 2015, Cotto will defend his title against former World Champion Daniel Geale (31-3, 16 KO’s) of Australia in a fight that will be televised live on HBO from Barclays Center in Brooklyn and is presented in association with Gary Shaw Productions. Boxing superstar Amir “King” Khan (30-3, 19 KOs) returns to the ring to take on former world champion Chris Algieri (20-1, 8 KOs) on Friday, May 29, at Barclays Center in Brooklyn, New York as the Main Event in an exciting Premier Boxing Champions (PBC) card on Spike TV.
The televised action begins live on Spike TV at 9 pm ET/6 p.m. PT. Doors at Barclays Center open at 6 p.m. ET.
We will without a shadow of a doubt be taking live calls on air from you the voice of the people. Call 646-478-3068 to voice your opinion, remember you can express your opinion in writing by becoming part of the team and writing for the site contact Nestor Gibbs at Theboxingvoice@yahoo.com Be sure to subscribe to us on YouTube and Blogtalk in order to receive one email a few minutes before we go live. Stay up to date with the sport you love by following us on Twitter @Thaboxingvoice for the most recent news in the boxing world.
Tonight at 9PM ET/6PM PT, FightSaga Radio Network presents a special "Bronze Bomber" episode of "Boxing 411 with Joseph and Lee"!!
Radio host and ring announcer Joseph Herron, along with editor and chief of FightSaga.com Lee Cleveland, will discuss last night's big Heavyweight title bout between Deontay Wilder and Bermane Stiverne!!
- Are there still any questions surrounding Deontay Wilders abilty or chin?
- Did Bermane take Wilder too lightly?
- Will Deontay fight Fury, Klitschko, or Arreola in June?
The FightSaga tandem will also talk about the recent news of Canelo walking away from a huge fight with Miguel Cotto!!
- Who's to blame for negotiations breaking down?
- Can a Cotto vs. Canelo PPV event still be salvaged?
- What are the alternatives?
Joseph and Lee will also bring everyone up to speed to on the status of Mayweather/Pacquiao!
- Is Cotto a legitimate candidate?
- Is Miguel Cotto getting "Khan-ed" by Floyd Mayweather?
- When is the super fight expected to be announced?
For all of the latest insider boxing news, tune in to "Boxing 411 with Joseph and Lee"!!
Tonight at 9PM ET/6PM PT, FightSaga Radio Network presents a very special "Mayweather vs. Pacquiao/Cotto" edition of "Boxing 411 with Joseph and Lee"!!
Ring announcer and boxing writer Joseph Herron, along with FightSaga editor Lee Cleveland, will report and analyze recent statements made by Stephen Epinoza, Bob Arum, and Jim Lampley, concerning the most highly anticipated match-up in boxing, Floyd Mayweather Jr. vs. Manny Pacquiao.
- Does Floyd Mayweather Jr. have his own agenda?
- Is Bob Arum really acting as an obstructionist?
- Is Jim Lampley regurgitating insider HBO information by predicting a Mayweather/Cotto rematch?
Also, the FightSaga writing tandem will review last night's mismatch between Mike Alvarado and Brandon Rios.
- What's next for Mike Alvarado?
- Could we see Brandon Rios vs Timothy Bradley at 147?
Joseph and Lee will also give listeners a sneak preview of the Canelo vs. Kirkland megafight at 154 pounds, slated to take place in San Antonio, Texas, on May 2nd!!
- Will this HBO match-up have an impact on the potential Mayweather vs. Pacquiao/Cotto PPV?
Tune in this evening for another special edition of "Boxing 411 with Joseph and Lee"!!
Today we'll be talking about Manny Pacquaio's 3rd Drug Test, Miguel Cotto vs Cornelius Bundrage June 6th, Featherweight Title Holder Jhonny Gonzalez vs Gary Russell Jr, Junior Middleweights Jermell Charlo vs Vanes Martirosyn and Lucas Matthysse vs Ruslan Provdnikov April 18th. There'salso word that there may be a possibilty of a fight between Adrian Broner and Amir Khan.
Join the movement #ComeBackToBoxing
Call (657) 383-0795 and voice your opinion.
Tonight, Sunday, January 11, at 9PM ET/6PM PT, FightSaga Radio Network presents a packed Mayweather, Pacquiao, Canelo, and Cotto edition of "Boxing 411 with Joseph and Lee"!!
Boxing writer and ring announcer Joseph Herron, along with editor and chief of FightSaga.com Lee Cleveland, will review the week's big events in and out of the squared circle.
- 7 to 10 days until Mayweather vs. Pacquiao is announced?
- Will Pacquiao vs. Mayweather land on May 2nd, or June 6th?
- Is the Canelo vs. Cotto super fight actually going to happen?
- Will the big Mexico vs. Puerto Rico showdown land in Vegas or New York City if it does take place?
Joseph and Lee will also discuss the settlement between Oscar De la Hoya and former CEO of GBP Richard Schaefer, and what a dilemma this creates for Golden Boy Promotions.
- How many fights are remaining on the GBP contract for Matthysse, Khan, and Santa Cruz?
- Is there any chance of any former Golden Boy fighters returning to Oscar and company anytime soon?
- Where does Golden Boy go from here?
The FightSaga tandem will also give listeners our final preview of this Saturday night's Heavyweight showdown between Deontay Wilder and Bermane Stiverne at the MGM Grand in Las Vegas, Nevada!!
- Who wins and why?
- Thoughts on Showtime's "All Access" pre-fight presentation
Tune in to the latest 90 minute edition of "Boxing 411 with Joseph and Lee"!!
The speculation has now been confirmed. Miguel Cotto has announced that he and his fighters have partnered with Jay-Z’s Roc Nation Sports. The deal was announced by the middleweight world champion himself on ESPN.com this morning.
“We have an announcement to make today. We have an alliance with… Miguel Cotto Promotions, Miguel Cotto boxers with Roc Nation and we are more than happy to announce that.”
ESPN reports that Cotto signed this multi-fight/multi-year deal earlier this week.
Miguel Cotto is the second major star in the sport to sign with Roc Nation Sports. Super middleweight Andre Ward signed with Jay-Z’s company back in January which added much-needed legitimacy to the Roc Nation brand as a boxing promoter.
Many claim a “school to prison pipeline” keeps traditionally low-performing student demographics from achieving their full potential. Dr. Robert Weissberg disagrees with this notion vehemently. Weissberg is the author of, among several other books, Bad Students, Not Bad Schools and he joins us to discuss the hard truths of education in America on this episode of Cotto & Company.
Nationally syndicated writer and host Joseph Cotto welcomes Dr. Richwine, and both sides of the discussion on the next episode of Cotto & Company; a new thirty-minute-or-so online radio program featuring independent voices who shape our society.
Join Host Live Chats
- Talk Real Solutions (26 chatters)
- Tens or Chops (6 chatters)
- Larry Csonka (6 chatters)
- CRAZY NATION RADIO (3 chatters)
- DymondsRadio Live (3 chatters)
- Authority Smashers (3 chatters)
- Brain Injury Radio (3 chatters)
- Crave Wrestling (2 chatters)
- African History Ntwk (2 chatters)
- UCC Show (2 chatters)
- AOW Productions (2 chatters)
- Spiritual Awakening (2 chatters)
- T J Sotomayor (2 chatters)
- teamgrindhard (1 chatters)
- All Fans Sports Radio (1 chatters)
- Freedom Talk Radio Free Hosts (1 chatters)
- ROADTOSTARDOM RADIO (1 chatters)
- Smooth Drama (1 chatters)