SORT BY Relevancy
While deaths due to heart disease have dropped in recent years, it's still the No. 1 killer of Americans. The good news is that we now know a ton about how to prevent cardiovascular disease, which includes both strokes and heart attacks.
It's clear that healthy eating and living (like exercising more!) can make a huge difference.
Salmon and other fatty fish such as sardines and mackerel are the superstars of heart-healthy foods. That's because they contain copious amounts of omega-3 fatty acids, shown in studies to lower the risk of arrhythmia (irregular heart beat) and atherosclerosis (plaque build-up in the arteries) and decrease triglycerides. The American Heart Association recommends eating fish and preferably fatty fish at least twice a week. Omega-3 fatty acids are also available as dietary supplements.
Heart disease may be a leading cause of death, but that doesn't mean you have to accept it as your fate. Although you lack the power to change some risk factors — such as family history, sex or age — there are some key heart disease prevention steps you can take.
You can avoid heart problems in the future by adopting a healthy lifestyle today. Here are six heart disease prevention tips to get you started.
1. Don't smoke or use tobacco
Smoking or using tobacco of any kind is one of the most significant risk factors for developing heart disease. Chemicals in tobacco can damage your heart and blood vessels, leading to narrowing of the arteries (atherosclerosis). Atherosclerosis can ultimately lead to a heart attack.
Carbon monoxide in cigarette smoke replaces some of the oxygen in your blood. This increases your blood pressure and heart rate by forcing your heart to work harder to supply enough oxygen. Women who smoke and take birth control pills are at greater risk of having a heart attack or stroke than are those who don't do either because both smoking and taking birth control pills increase the risk of blood clots.
When it comes to heart disease prevention, no amount of smoking is safe. But, the more you smoke, the greater your risk. Smokeless tobacco and low-tar and low-nicotine cigarettes also are risky, as is exposure to secondhand smoke. Even so-called "social smoking" — smoking only while at a bar or restaurant with friends — is dangerous and increases the risk of heart disease.
The good news, though, is that when you quit smoking, your risk of heart disease drops almost to that of a nonsmoker in about five years. And no matter how long or how much you smoked, you'll start reaping rewards as soon as you quit.
Truths Your Doctor Never told you about Heart Disease.
Host: Mark Denning, A/K/A The Commander of Wellness WarriorZ
Co-host. Andrea Nichols Coleman, CEO @ Youngevtiy
Some people are born with broken hearts that seem to function adequately for years before they start to decline and become unable to sufficiently support life. With the invention of pacemakers, ventricular assist devices, and defibrillators, it seems that even broken hearts can function for quite a while with the miracles of modern medicine. But sometimes, even these magical devices or the amazing drugs that can slow hearts down or speed hearts up are not enough. When this happens, people must be listed for a heart transplant. What happens when you're listed for a heart transplant? What miracles are involved with receiving a donor heart? Today's show will focus on two gentlemen -- one who has received a heart and another who is on the heart transplant list. Tune in to hear what miracles they have witnessed or experienced and what advice they have for others.
The heartbeat -- that glorious thumping sound of life! Without it life ends! Unfortunately, according the the Center for Disease Control and Prevention, nearly 610,000 Americans succumb to heart disease. Today we will discuss ways to reduce that number through knowledge that can keep you thump, thump, thumping along with vim and vigor using holistic and natural methods.
in Self Help
Degenerative diseases are forms of the one real disease -- distress of the organism. Stress, toxins, and poor nutrition cause this distress, which may take the forms of arthritis, heart disease, diabetes, cancer, infection, multiple sclerosis, fibromyalgia, Parkinson’s, Alzheimer’s, etc.
Preventing disease and inflammation is a process of relaxing distress. Calming stress, avoiding toxins and detoxifying, and pursuing life-supporting nutrition will help prevent any of these forms of ill health.
Public poisons and EMFs can harm and impair organs. Natural health practices, exercise, a positive attitude and nutritious supplements help maintain these crucial organs. Routine support and periodic detoxification are essential for good health.
Natural foods, such as a combination of fresh produce, ideally from one’s own garden, antioxidants, enzymes and minerals from super foods and herbs, as well as pure water, build health.
Sacred Heart Power Prayer & Praise is designed for people from all walks of life. It is a platform for people to come together an fellowship with one another; while connecting with our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. Sacred Heart Power Prayer & Praise can be used to strengthen us midweek. We as a society tend to have periods of difficulty in our lives. Sacred Heart Power Prayer & Praise is here to assist and help each and everyone through these hard times. Sacred Heart Power Prayer & Praise has been established to give Praise to God for all the wonderful things he has done.
So, if you are looking for some midweek strength or fellowship look no further.
Please join Sacred Heart Power Prayer & Praise for an half hour of fervent prayer & praise to God the Father and our Lord Jesus Christ.
Anyone requesting prayer can email their prayer request to:
Pastor Y. Kellum
On this episode of Angel Heart Talk, angel intuitive Julie Robinson gives tips on how to communicate with the angels (for those unaccustomed to calling on the angels), and she'll be providing healing messages from the angels to callers. Tune into how the callers receive the messages and you may pick up some tips on how you can better communicate with your angels, Thursday, at 4:30 pm M.S.T.
Guest Call In (347) 850-1199
Join Host Live Chats
- John Baptist (67 chatters)
- Hagmann and Hagmann Report (56 chatters)
- thisisit4321 (53 chatters)
- Jennifer Hoffman (44 chatters)
- Common Sense Nation (18 chatters)
- Star Nations Radio Network (14 chatters)
- Mystical Awakenings Radio (13 chatters)
- New Spirit Radio Show (13 chatters)
- MENTELLECT RADIO (12 chatters)
- Andrea Shea King (11 chatters)
- Barbara DeLong (11 chatters)
- BULLY BLOCK RADIO LIVE (9 chatters)
- Black Afrikan Infrastructure Radio (7 chatters)
- Tarhaka (7 chatters)
- Theresa J Morris (6 chatters)
- Wicked Edge (6 chatters)
- 2D Sports Talk (6 chatters)
- EnlightenmentEvolution Network (5 chatters)
- Joeygiggles (5 chatters)
- Witch School (5 chatters)
- theghettotruthMagazine (5 chatters)
- Thats Novel (4 chatters)
- superdaveshow (4 chatters)
- The Freedom For All Network (4 chatters)
- WGAG Radio (4 chatters)
- Odwirafo (4 chatters)
- Contra Radio Network (4 chatters)
- Bridging The Gap of Georgia (4 chatters)
- dburt aka Afronerd (4 chatters)
- Cheri Roberts (4 chatters)
- Journey Into Light (3 chatters)
- Urban Therapy with Sun (3 chatters)
- Main Street Universe (3 chatters)
- Sport City Chefs (3 chatters)
- The Advise Show (2 chatters)
- thelordshour (2 chatters)
- Soul Tree Radio X In The Raw (2 chatters)
- The Gray Matter (2 chatters)
- THE HITZ TEAM (2 chatters)
- Xclusive Jamz Nation (2 chatters)
- Liberal Dan Radio (2 chatters)
- LL Sports 2 with TJ (2 chatters)
- Metaphysics and Awareness (2 chatters)
- Enterpraisement Media Group (2 chatters)
- Father Teresa (1 chatters)
- Feldman World Group (1 chatters)
- God In The Midst (1 chatters)
- CynCity Radio (1 chatters)
- Brain Injury Radio (1 chatters)
- 2TheNcreaseofKnowledgeTruth (1 chatters)
- Beyond the Airwaves TIP (1 chatters)
- Ms KiKi (1 chatters)
- My Little Pony Talk (1 chatters)
- Reppa Radio (1 chatters)
- ROADTOSTARDOM RADIO (1 chatters)
- Shay Renae and Friends (1 chatters)
- Hillbilly Express (1 chatters)
- JackNewtown (1 chatters)
- URN Radio Network (1 chatters)
- Welcome to Docradio Network (1 chatters)
- The Ringing Stone Network (1 chatters)
- The Savage and Starbuck Show (1 chatters)
- TM HYMAN RADIO LIVE (1 chatters)
- WORLD STREET HIP HOP (0 chatters)