SORT BY Relevancy
It is time, you tell yourself, to attend a writers’ conference—or maybe a convention—or what about that expo you have heard about? But you pause. You wonder if it is worth all of the expense. You wonder if there aren’t other conferences you should go to instead. Join the Write Pack as they explore how to discover where to go, what to expect, and what to do at these events.
In this episode we discuss:
Writers’ Digest Writers Conference
Saint Louis Writers Guild
Writers in the Park (a free writers’ conference in St Louis in August)
Missouri Writer’s Conference
Pacific Northwest Writers Association Conference
Finding agents at conferences
How to choose a conference
What to do at a conference
Sociability at a conference
Promoting your book at a conference
Lit in the Lou
Brooklyn Book Festival
The three stages of going to a conference, convention, and expo
You can find the Write Pack on Facebook, Twitter, Blog Talk Radio, and iTunes.
As easy as social media is for making new connections and maintaining them, there's nothing like the imact of getting face-to-face with industry movers and shakers to ignite new opportunities rapidly.
On today's episode, Liz outlines four ways conferences, trades shows and other big events can help you build the know-how and the relationships to grow your business.
* * * * * * * LIz Lynch is an international speaker, business networking strategist and author of "Smart Networking: Attract a Following In Person and Online" (McGraw-Hill). Follow Liz on Twitter (@liz_lynch) and to download a free copy of her Smart Networking Toolkit, visit www.smartnetworking.com.
Hear about upcoming conferences in Alabama, Fl and Tx as states make a "Stand" to defend their children. Why are we having to do this? Well by now many of you have heard about one of the most pivotal issue facing this nation. The Common Core State Standards Initiative. Alsoo hear about the latest with Alabama's Governor Bentley's support for Tommy Bice
Hear perspectives on how to keep America the "Land of the Free and Home of the Brave". It starts with TRUTH.
Jefferson quoted in his Bill for Religious Freedom '...and finally, that truth is great and will prevail if left to herself; that she is the proper and sufficient antagonist to error, and has nothing to fear from the conflict unless by human interposition disarmed of her natural weapons, free argument and debate,"--simply means truth always prevails over evil and error unless man interposes-- cut off-- free argument and debate.
The time for Conferences to educate people of the truth has come. In our schools today, there is so much taught and there is no debate allowed which makes a lot of untruths in Common Core teachings to become ingrained in the minds of students as facts. Hear about upcoming Conferences on Common Core and share it with friends and family. Also the new movie by Dinesh D'Souza has sparked a fire for people across the nation and the world to see that America is in fact a testimony to all of God's amazing grace for all nations. Come join us and open your eyes to new perspectives.
Hear perspectives with Mrs. Barbara Moore on what is going on in the fight against Common Core. Things will be heating up soon as this untested, abusive indoctrination process being shoved to children in schools are not sitting well with most parents. Hear about upcoming conferences so that you can find out more. We hope to have speakers from here and abroad to awaken America's sleeping parents about the mentality being pushed on their children. Learn all about it and share.
Stay informed! Tune in each Sunday at 5:30 p.m. CDT. Kori tells you who you missed, but shouldn't have, and who you don't want to miss.
Today's show is pre-recorded. Kori and Gabriela discuss an introvert's guide to attending conferences. There are some great tips in this episode!
Have you ever attended a conference? How about one outside your professional focus? Attending conferences can be a lot of fun and interest. Learn conference jargon, what to look for, what it’s going to cost, and what attending a different conference can mean for you.
Founder & Principal, Social Enterprises, Inc.
Ericka is the founding force behind Social Enterprises, Inc. — a full-service event planning firm specializing in conferences and summits with a sustainability or social impact focus. Working from a passion for bringing people together around ideas that will shape the future, she has built a formidable expertise in executing events that drive revenue to support the growth and continued success of non-profits, government programs, and educational institutions. In 2008, Ericka co-founded the GoGreen Conference series in Portland with the intent of holding a much needed dialogue on how regional stakeholders can collaborate to create sustainable economies at scale through the adoption of green business solutions at their own organizations. The series has since expanded and is now also held annually in Seattle, Phoenix and New York City. Ericka's previous corporate experience includes leading business development and marketing for a division of AOL/Time Warner, DoubleClick, ZDNet and CNET.
Why are parents irate about Common Core. What is the problem with the new AP US History. What happens when a generation forgets heroes like the Founding Fathers, Heroes of World War II , Martin Luther King Jr. etc.? Get informed and do something ABOUT THE NATIONALIZED EDUCATION THAT IS CHANGING AMERICA THROUGH THE MINDS OF CHILDREN.
Dan Walsh, bestsellling author of 10 novels and recipient of 3 Carol Awards and 2 Selah Awards, chats with Maxine and Jeannie today about the benefits to be gained by attending a writers conference. We'll take some time to discuss his newly released novel, What Follows After. Don't miss getting a preview into the 3 coaching sessions, one workshop, and keynote address Dan will be presenting at the Oregon Christian Writers Summer conference Aug 4-7. www.oregonchristianwriters.org for details.
There are a lot of Christian "meetings" going on. From Men's and Women's Conferences, to Leadership Conferences, to Holy Convocations, to Revivals, and the list goes on. Are all these "meetings" necessary? Are they important for the Body of Christ? Do these "meetings" really help people? What about ordination or enthronement services? Just how expensive can it be for a family to attend one of these meetings? Join Real Talk Radio Sunday Aug 19th at 10am EST, as we tackle this topic. Real Talk Radio, Always Biblical, Always Provocative, Always Real. Please feel free to join in the conversation or just listen via your phone at 661 449 9951
Join Host Live Chats
- Hagmann and Hagmann Report (499 chatters)
- Bigfoot Hotspot (106 chatters)
- John Baptist (83 chatters)
- thelordshour (27 chatters)
- New Spirit Radio Show (20 chatters)
- Star Nations Radio Network (16 chatters)
- The Psychic Viewpoint (15 chatters)
- Pagans Tonight Radio (12 chatters)
- Minn4Freedom (12 chatters)
- Dr Pat Holliday (11 chatters)
- FSF Radio (9 chatters)
- canadianglen (9 chatters)
- Candelos Corner Radio (9 chatters)
- Jennifer Hoffman (9 chatters)
- Sovereign Gods (9 chatters)
- The J Ril Show (8 chatters)
- Angel Amy (8 chatters)
- Bill Murray (7 chatters)
- Rabbi Aryel Nachman (7 chatters)
- InfiniteSupernaturalNetwork (7 chatters)
- Journey Into Light (6 chatters)
- Brain Injury Radio (5 chatters)
- MCMJimmy (5 chatters)
- The Forbidden Fruit (5 chatters)
- Prayer Warriors 365 (5 chatters)
- Sister thunder Radio (5 chatters)
- Station IWDM (4 chatters)
- The Literary Corner (4 chatters)
- Mega Powers Radio (4 chatters)
- BacktoBasicsRadio (4 chatters)
- Greg Kellogg (4 chatters)
- DDP Radio (4 chatters)
- Dead Air Paranormal Radio (4 chatters)
- Uncensored Radio (4 chatters)
- Debate Talk 4 U (3 chatters)
- EIE Save Our Children (3 chatters)
- OUR Talk Radio Show (3 chatters)
- sun752 (2 chatters)
- Dirtyredz (2 chatters)
- Dollhouse Radio by India Morel (2 chatters)
- FreedomizerRadio (2 chatters)
- George Ramirez (2 chatters)
- Body of Christ (2 chatters)
- AmericanPatriotRadio (2 chatters)
- Bridge Between Two Worlds Radio (2 chatters)
- Cage Side Submissions (2 chatters)
- TJMorrisETRadio (2 chatters)
- TWR Radio (2 chatters)
- Variety Radio Online (2 chatters)
- ViktorAurelius (2 chatters)
- The URC Show (2 chatters)
- Welcome to Docradio Network (1 chatters)
- WGAG Radio (1 chatters)
- Xclusive Jamz Nation (1 chatters)
- Urban Homeschool Living (1 chatters)
- Canadian Motocross Weekly (1 chatters)
- Challenging the Rhetoric (1 chatters)
- Clive Hudson Master Blaster (1 chatters)
- Contending 4 Truth Radio (1 chatters)
- 2TheNcreaseofKnowledgeTruth (1 chatters)
- Apocalypse Nana (1 chatters)
- Bnai Tikvah (1 chatters)
- LL Sports 2 with TJ and TIFF (1 chatters)
- Marti Oakley (1 chatters)
- fairtax4ca (1 chatters)
- Fan vs Fan Radio Network (1 chatters)
- Fantasy Sports Warehouse Radio (1 chatters)
- The ANSWERS Show (1 chatters)
- The Captain0 (1 chatters)
- The DuCross Brothers (1 chatters)
- The Essence of Success Network (1 chatters)
- Political T and T (1 chatters)
- The Mirror Show (1 chatters)
- The Tatum Talks (1 chatters)
- The Truth About Church (1 chatters)
- The Gray Matter (1 chatters)
- The Hilltop Radio Show (1 chatters)
- Sport City Chefs (1 chatters)
- MSL Rules No BS League Talk Show (1 chatters)
- Really Doe Radio (1 chatters)
- Revelation Radio Network (1 chatters)
- RichKid Radio (1 chatters)
- RotoExpertsXcom FantasySports Show (1 chatters)
- Odwirafo (1 chatters)
- Ohio Exopolitics (1 chatters)
- OPWR (1 chatters)
- JasonAdams3 (0 chatters)
- Vaccine Truth News (0 chatters)