SORT BY Relevancy
HomeTown Competitiveness is a Come-Back / Give-Back approach to rural community building. HomeTown Competitiveness started in 2002 with a simple goal: Help rural communities build upon the assets they already have. Milan Wall, Co-Director of the Heartland Center will help you understand the concept behind HTC and give a couple of examples of communities that have seen a positive impact.
The founders of the program knew that rural communities already have everything they need to be successful. 10 years after its inception, the benefits of HTC can be seen across the country as small communities are attracting new residents and becoming competitive in the global economy.
A Come-Back/Give-Back Approach to Rural Community Development. HomeTown Competitiveness has been helping small towns across America for more than 10 years. It helps them build upon the assets they already have. Learn how HTC can help in your community in this brief interview with Milan Wall of the Heartland Center for Leadershipo Development.
HTC focuses on four key areas:
1. Developing local leadership
2. Increasing community philanthropy
3. Energizing entrepreneurs
4. Engaging youth
Why Can't Some Women Get Along? It seems in some cases the claws come out, even before the introductions!!!
Wretchedness ... Ratchetness!
Jealousy & Envy.
Tonight, we talk about the thin line between love and hate and the 'womanly' relationship some women choose to share with other women...cloaked in lies and deceit. Why is it such a competitiveness between women, and or a lack of trust between many? Regardless of race.
Is it greed?
Is it insecurity?
Is it the passion and the need to be number one in everything?? Knowing full well that the diversity and numbers within women cultures, talents and beauty are infinite?
Is it a lack of self love that creates opportunities to bully others... being the Mean Girl?
Or... is it just a case of just being trifling?
We all have encountered these types. Tonight we talk about it, and ways to counter-act or deal with obnoxious vixens.
Join YOUR HOSTS > Betty Lewis & Diamond Ryan as we get LIVE AFTER DARK!
Host Jim Ventura (professional Navigational consultant - Astrology, Numerology, Runes, Tarot, Animal cards etc...) is the author of two metaphysical books, YouTube videos and does local and Skype seminars and classes on many different metaphysical subjects. Snake Oil is Jim's monthly blog column. Snake Oil radio is a forum for discussion of a wide range of metaphysical subjects with a primary focus on how everyone can learn to fine tune their unique intuitive abilities and skills. Callers may call in toward the end of Jim’s show with questions or comments and some shows include 5 minute free mini navigational consultations (today's show may not get to live calls).
Todays show: More and More Stuff: "I have never been interested in the “he who dies with the most toys wins” philosophy. I attribute this to being an “old soul.” Having lived many lifetimes, I think one begins to acquire wisdom and an ability to see how little value there is in obsessive acquisition. The more we strive to acquire things and get caught in the grips of greed, the more we will inevitably suffer. When taken to an extreme, competitiveness and voracity can be very unattractive. An obsessive need to have the best cars, largest house, designer shoes, and even the most elaborate parties (see if you can make it through an episode of the television show My Sweet Sixteen to know what I mean) carries a heavy price tag. When we get caught up with “keeping up with the Jones” we will probably eventually lose. Someone will always have more money and better “stuff...” Join me for a live coulimn read and discussion about how we can learn to live in abundance without the need for greed.
Your own jealousies, competitiveness, in-fighting, unwillingness to support one another and pettiness with other black people is what’s keeping you from moving forward. You have people who say that they support you, but when it comes time to show that support they are nowhere to be found. Hmmm. There is enough food out here to eat for everyone, so why are we so afraid that if we help one another that we will no longer be able to eat! Hmmm! Take a look arounnd you and take notice of the culture of people who are excelling in businesses, guess what, they support one another. Hmmm SO WHY CAN'T WE!!!!
Join us for our World Cup roundup with renown soccer commentator and administrator Simataa Simataa. He will share his views on the ongoing World Cup in Brazil which is entering its second round this weekend with defending champions Spain already out of contention, it leaves an open competition with the African teams not exhibiting much competitiveness. Simataa once served as acting FAZ president and has also many years of club level management experience during his time at City of Lusaka and currently . Join us for an exciting analysis of the teams, players, officials and media coverage world wide at the world's largest sporting event.
On Sunday, June 23rd, 2013 (15 Tammuz 5773) from 8PM EST until 10PM EST, your brother in the Lord, ObhadYAH Renaldo Wade will be talking, teaching, and testifying in an open forum about an Identity Crisis between today's Competition within "church folks" in comparison to the Kingdom Corporate and collective building of Kingdom Citizens in the congregation of YAH. You will be blessed by the teaching from the Throne Room of YHVH. May YHVH bless and keep you in His loving Grace and Mercy. Omein. Shalom. Shalom.
Champions of Freedom
Tonight we meet Peter Erbele, founder of Champion of Freedom. Peter believes in helping the disabled men and women that help protect and serve our country. His mission is to provide a second chance to those injured in the line of duty.
New House Majority Leader Elected
California Rep. Kevin McCarthy
Who is he? Coming from Califorina what can we expect?
Jun 14, 2013
Washington D.C. – Congressman Kevin McCarthy (CA-23) released the following statement in regard to the House passage of the fiscal year 2014 National Defense Authorization Act:
“I am also proud that this bill includes legislation, which I authored, to secure the future of NAWS and save taxpayer dollars by permanently conveying the land used by the base to Department of the Navy. As one of our nation’s premier defense installations, I am pleased that my provision recognizes China Lake’s strategic importance and is strongly supported by the community. I urge the Senate to move quickly to provide certainty and support to our military and the millions who have served with tremendous honor.”
"It strains credibility that the Obama Administration would reject the construction of the Keystone XL Pipeline project, and even more outrageous that this political decision comes just one day after the President's own Council on Jobs and Competitiveness endorsed the idea as a job creator"
The “featured” BlogTalkRadio program “Westchester On the Level with Narog and Aris” opens the Thursday, May 15, 2014th broadcast day at 10:00 a.m. EDT with Vino Mehta, author of "Personal Competitiveness: How to Succeed in a Globalized World"(2014, Lancer Publishers, ISBN 1-935501-68-2)". Vino Mehta's book is formulated to help every human being on the planet, seemingly so gargantuan a task as to escape one's grasp. Despite the implausibility factor, Mehta defines the playing field. At 11:00 a.m., we pivot toward George Ondek, a main who to a great extent is the definition of one of the challenges one faces through life, that is re-invention. Ondek's most recent effort is to become elected to the Peekskill Board of Education Board of Trustees. We'll learn how he's done while celebrating his effort. Engage our guests in conversation by calling (347) 205-9201 to share your perspective – you are only asked to please stay on topic. Hezi Aris is your host today. If you use Skype: use the contact “eHezi18″ during the “live” broadcast, or listen on demand.
This segment of GLOBAL IMPACT addresses the strategic link between innovation, technology, and global competitiveness. Our distinguished guest will be Dr. Amar Bhide, Visiting Scholar, Kennedy School of Government, Harvard University. Dr. Bhide has served on the faculties of Harvard Business School, Columbia University, and the University of Chicago's Graduate School of Business. Dr. Bhide earned a DBA and an MBA with high distinction as a Baker Scholar from Harvard University. He also received a B.Tech from the prestigious Indian Institute of Technology. He is also a member of the Council on Foreign Relations and a Fellow of the Royal Society of Arts. We will be discussing Dr. Bhide's most recent book, "The Venturesome Economy: How Innovation Sustains Prosperity in a More Connected World" and his critical perspectives on the strategic link between innovation, technology, and global competitiveness.
Baby boomers are people born during the demographic Post–World War II baby boom between the years 1946 and 1964. According to the U.S. Census Bureau, the term "baby boomer" is also used in a cultural context. Baby boomers are associated with a rejection or redefinition of traditional values. As a group, they were the wealthiest, most active, and most physically fit generation up to that time, and amongst the first to grow up genuinely expecting the world to improve with time. They were also the generation that received peak levels of income; therefore they could reap the benefits of abundant levels of food, apparel, retirement programs, and sometimes even "midlife crisis" products. The increased consumerism for this generation has been regularly criticized as excessive. One feature of the boomers was that they tended to think of themselves as a special generation. This rhetoric had an important impact in the self-perceptions of the boomers, as well as their tendency to define the world in terms of generations, which was a relatively new phenomenon. The baby boom has been described variously as a "shockwave" and as "the pig in the python.”
The term Generation Jones has sometimes been used to distinguish those born from 1957 onward from the earlier Baby Boomers.
Generation Jones is a term coined by the author Jonathan Pontell to describe the cohort of people born from approximately 1954 to 1965. Pontell defined Generation Jones as referring to the last years of the post–World War II baby boom. The term also includes first-wave Generation X.
The name "Generation Jones" has several connotations, including a large anonymous generation, a "keeping up with the Joneses" competitiveness and the slang word "jones" or "jonesing", meaning a yearning or craving.
It's been another tumultous week in Australian politics. From manufacturing to the future of Australian industry, it has been a week the conservative government has shown its true colours - and they're not the good kind.
Join the team as they rant and rave about the future of Australian industries under the conservative government and why hypocrisy in policy will only further erode Australian competitiveness.
Make sure you join in and vent your spleen.
Join Host Live Chats
- Mindzmatter (94 chatters)
- Pagans Tonight Radio (75 chatters)
- wheresobamasbirthcertificateXcom (67 chatters)
- Hot Button Debates (41 chatters)
- NTEB (38 chatters)
- Talk Real Solutions (30 chatters)
- thelordshour (25 chatters)
- Rundgren Radio (22 chatters)
- BigBrotherGroup (20 chatters)
- TheInfiniteSupernaturalNetwork (19 chatters)
- Symmetry of Soul (17 chatters)
- Dead End Sports (17 chatters)
- Phoenix3333 (17 chatters)
- JohnMcTernan (16 chatters)
- SasquatchWatch Radio (15 chatters)
- LauraDiPrete (14 chatters)
- African History Ntwk (14 chatters)
- The Wacko Network (12 chatters)
- ZacheryVanNorman (11 chatters)
- Andrea Shea King (11 chatters)
- Dead Air Paranormal Radio (11 chatters)
- Inspire Radio Network (10 chatters)
- KNOW THE LEDGE RADIO (8 chatters)
- Fins Radio (8 chatters)
- Soul Empowerment Radio (8 chatters)
- Psychics Gone Wild (8 chatters)
- Chatting with Sherri (7 chatters)
- Missouri Grassroots Radio (7 chatters)
- Messages From Beyond (6 chatters)
- Odwirafo (6 chatters)
- Ohio Exopolitics (6 chatters)
- Lets Talk Jets with Dennis Tyson (6 chatters)
- Life Conversations (6 chatters)
- AIR Abundance Internet Radio (6 chatters)
- FSF Radio (6 chatters)
- gamechangersradio (6 chatters)
- The Forbidden Fruit (6 chatters)
- Psychic Melinda (5 chatters)
- The Psychic Surgeon (5 chatters)
- TimBinnall (5 chatters)
- PRNRadioNetwork (5 chatters)
- Pro MMA Now Radio (5 chatters)
- Talk2Q (5 chatters)
- WorldOfInkNetwork (5 chatters)
- Loren and Arjeana Due (5 chatters)
- Pit Bulletin Legal News (4 chatters)
- Marjorie Cole (4 chatters)
- American Statesman (4 chatters)
- DiabetesSocMed (4 chatters)
- antoinette harrell (4 chatters)
- SpeakingXOut (4 chatters)
- Prophecy Quake (4 chatters)
- The Road Less Traveled (4 chatters)
- The Real Time Radio Network (3 chatters)
- The Hot Corner (3 chatters)
- Radio by Renford (3 chatters)
- Rapture Ready Radio (3 chatters)
- Real Talk Radio17 (3 chatters)
- SUPER HOST (3 chatters)
- Swaggercountdown (3 chatters)
- wayneG (3 chatters)
- Art Bulla (3 chatters)
- Conservative Nation Radio (3 chatters)
- FuRbAbY AnD FrIeNdS (3 chatters)
- InThePaint (3 chatters)
- G220 Radio (3 chatters)
- Game Centric Radio (2 chatters)
- Larry Csonka (2 chatters)
- MASTERTEACHER33 (2 chatters)
- patriots united (2 chatters)
- Crs Radio Caribbean Radio Show (2 chatters)
- Bill Murray (2 chatters)
- Bishop Maurice L Irvin (2 chatters)
- Winning America Back (2 chatters)
- Zaiyahs House (2 chatters)
- Tarhaka (2 chatters)
- Random Brain Activity (2 chatters)
- The Lundyn Brown Show (2 chatters)
- The Watchman Is216 (2 chatters)
- TJMorrisETRadio (1 chatters)
- URN Radio Network (1 chatters)
- THE NOW NETWORK (1 chatters)
- The NTuned Show (1 chatters)
- The Peoples America (1 chatters)
- The RetroUnlim Network (1 chatters)
- Sales Coaching Chalk Talk (1 chatters)
- The Captain0 (1 chatters)
- Souls Eye View Too (1 chatters)
- Woman2WomanTalkingToMen (1 chatters)
- BleachBANGSc (1 chatters)
- Brighter Business Empower (1 chatters)
- Catz1* (1 chatters)
- Da DNell Experience (1 chatters)
- Clive Hudson Master Blaster (1 chatters)
- Angel Heart Radio (1 chatters)
- AltCon Radio (1 chatters)
- American Preppers Radio (1 chatters)
- G Konsciousness Radio (1 chatters)
- George Ramirez (1 chatters)
- GRANNY GANJA (1 chatters)
- HomeTeam (1 chatters)
- HONEY DRIP RADIO (1 chatters)
- DocVaj2 (1 chatters)
- Enough Iz Enough (1 chatters)
- Feuersteins Fire (1 chatters)
- Deeper Truth (1 chatters)
- Pick6Mag (1 chatters)
- Paranormal Geeks Radio (1 chatters)
- MUTHA WIT WISDOM (1 chatters)
- Nikki Rich (1 chatters)
- Lennis (1 chatters)
- Lorries Talk News Radio (1 chatters)
- Inner Child Radio (1 chatters)
- Jay King Network (1 chatters)
- JCOvercomersMinistri (1 chatters)
- Married Men Dont Talk Show (0 chatters)