SORT BY Relevancy
I feel being mindful of any situation, whether within us or our outisde environment is important to have a good life. As well, compassion for myself & others helps to keep peace of mind. These topics are explored in this program, for the beneficial of what I need to learn; maybe it will be helpful for you as well.
Compassion is a key motivator of altruistic behavior, but little is known about individuals’ capacity to cultivate compassion through training.
Now, through a recent scientific study, we've learned that it's possible to become a more compassionate person by training your brain.
Researchers from the Center for Investigating Healthy Minds at the University of Wisconson-Madison's Waisman Center found that engaging in compassion meditation -- where you practice feeling compassion for different groups of people, including yourself -- seemed to increase a sense of altruism.
"It's kind of like weight training," study researcher Helen Weng, a graduate student in clinical psychology at the university, said in a statement. "Using this systematic approach, we found that people can actually build up their compassion 'muscle' and respond to others' suffering with care and a desire to help."
Helen Weng is our guest this week on the Voice of Leadership, sharing more about this study and our ability to become more compassionate human beings.
Greetings! Join me, Doctor Dayciaa Smith, for a spiritually enriching and uplifting episode of Divine Experience on Sunday, December 7, 2014 @ 5:30 p.m. CST. I'll give personal updates, mention P.O.I.s for the week, and mention my all-time top ten favorite Christmas films that focus on our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ and Christianity. Our featured topic is how we as Christians can show compassion during this holiday season and all-year-round, as did Jesus. Tune in for this inspirational information!
Compassion and Common Sense on KCAA Mon, May 19, 2014
Compassion and Common Sense on KCAA Mon, May 12, 2014
Compassion and Common Sense on KCAA Mon, Apr 28, 2014
Join This Real Talk Episode of "Compassion & Love" and "The Uppity". Is there enough Compassion in the World Today? We believe that Love's Is In Need Of Love Today; words of Stevie Wonder. One thing that stings many is to have to deal with someone whom thinks they are above another because of materialistic possesions or better circumstances. The Good, The Bad, The Uppity... You Don't Want To Miss This Episode!
Compassion and Common Sense on KCAA Mon, May 5, 2014
in Self Help
Tune in LIVE this Sunday December 7th at 4pm PST as I welcome to the show Cayce Howe, the founder of UnshakableMind.com, for a discussion on ‘Compassion Fatigue: How Mindfulness and Self-Compassion Can Help’. Cayce began meditating as a teen in the late 80's and has lived for nearly 6 years at meditation retreat centers, which include a one-year closed retreat in the Tibetan Buddhist tradition. He is an instructor for LA's renowned meditation center, InsightLA, and has co-founded CalmCare.org, an organization dedicated to assisting caregivers with compassion fatigue using practical meditation techniques. With over 9 years experience as a family caregiver he has a unique view of how meditation can assist us as we try to care for ourselves and care for others. Please call (917) 889-7025 during the LIVE show to ask questions or share your struggles, tips & suggestions. *All podcasts are also available on iTunes after the broadcast airs*
Rebecca Fisk is back! Join the show for an hour of Clarity with Compassion!
You've heard her on her own show, "I AM REBECCA!" Now you can hear Rebecca on Rated G Radio!
Questions about love, money, job, family, home, the holidays? Call 323 657-1493 to ask Rebecca your question!
Follow Rebecca on her Facebook Fan Page by clicking here!
Follow Rebecca on her website by clicking here!
Compassion and Common Sense on KCAA Mon, Apr 14, 2014
Compassion and Common Sense on KCAA Mon, Apr 21, 2014
Join Host Live Chats
- Hagmann and Hagmann Report (492 chatters)
- Talk Real Solutions (37 chatters)
- Curious Times (29 chatters)
- JohnMcTernan (25 chatters)
- BacktoBasicsRadio (22 chatters)
- thelordshour (21 chatters)
- High Frequency Radio Network (19 chatters)
- SUPER HOST (16 chatters)
- Brain Injury Radio (15 chatters)
- FUTURE OF MENTELLECT RADIO (13 chatters)
- Vinny Bond (8 chatters)
- Coach Khayr (7 chatters)
- carsonscorner (6 chatters)
- FIREFOXNEWS ONLINE (6 chatters)
- SupermanHomepage (6 chatters)
- Jay King Network (5 chatters)
- Ed Ymiah Gospel Revealed (5 chatters)
- WE RESISTERS RADIO (5 chatters)
- Universal Radio (4 chatters)
- URN Radio Network (4 chatters)
- SIXEYES RADIO (4 chatters)
- Beyond the Airwaves TIP (4 chatters)
- DavetheMystic (4 chatters)
- Pro MMA Now Radio (4 chatters)
- Quagmire America (3 chatters)
- Real Relevant and Raw Radio (3 chatters)
- TJ Morris ET Radio Show (3 chatters)
- teamgrindhard (3 chatters)
- Love Productions (3 chatters)
- Vibration Radio (3 chatters)
- mrmakeithappen (2 chatters)
- Levitating Mindsets Network (2 chatters)
- SURN Host (2 chatters)
- IU Radio LIVE Politico Talk (2 chatters)
- HeliOSoul (2 chatters)
- FreedomizerRadio (1 chatters)
- DON JR CEO (1 chatters)
- Culture Freedom Radio Network (1 chatters)
- Blasturthoughts (1 chatters)
- Top Star Hip Hop Radio (1 chatters)
- Just Us Radio Network (1 chatters)
- OUR Talk Radio Show (1 chatters)
- Main Street Universe (1 chatters)