SORT BY Relevancy
Join the Building the Community Team by participating in discussions and provide ideas on the importance of Community. Get to know what Build The Coummity is and its purpose What does a healthy community look like to you Do you think that your community (environment) has a tremendous impact on your growth and personal evolution During the challenging economic times do you think developing or moving into a Self Sustainable Community a possibility We want to hear from you on this and other topics that are important to the development of the individual's wellbeing.
We look forward to your participation and lively discussion.
Show time is Monday, October 15th
Guest Call-in: (347) 838-8264
8:00P to 9:30P CST /9:00P to 10:30P EST
Join your host, Dr. Susan Gardner and Michael Simon, Manager Office of the President and Board of Trustees at Mott Community College in Flint, Michigan for an in-depth conversation regarding how community colleges impact economically challenged urban areas. From community involvement and board relations to legislative affairs at the municipal and state levels and workforce development--Susan and Michael will be talking about how community colleges change and impact the counties and states where they are located.
Dr. Susan Gardner, host of Community College Now discusses student engagement at the community college challenges and opportunities. Her guest is Chris Conzen, Director of Campus Activities and Student Leadership at Suffolk County Community College (NY)
Christopher Conzen is the Director of Campus Activities and Student Leadership Development at Suffolk County Community College’s Eastern Campus, where he has been for the past 7 years. Under Chris’ supervision are campus activities and programs, orientation, leadership development, recreation, campus reservations, Federal Work Study, and student center management. Christopher is a doctoral candidate in Higher Education Administration at Nova Southeastern University. Christopher earned his M.Ed. in College Student Personnel from the University of Maryland College Park and his BA in Social Work from The Catholic University of America. Christopher has been a directorate member of the ACPA Commission for Student Development in the Two Year College and is currently the chair of a joint task force through ACPA and NASPA exploring student involvement in the community college. In addition, Christopher will serve as the chair for the NASPA Region II conference in June. Christopher’s interests are in the use of technology in higher education, leadership development, and student success initiatives in the community college sector.
Welcome to the Path Community. Our mission is to connect each person to their mission. We are committed to walking the path with you as you learn more about your mission. We are passionate about the stories of life, purpose and calling that make their home inside the Path Community. Each story is relevant, accepted and appreciated. There is no one else like you! You are unique, gifted and called to greatness. Join us this week as we we create the Open Forum session where you can connect on your path, meet the coaches, and move towards your path and desired future. It is often a tempatation to compartmentalize our lifes making goals and objectives that move us forward in one area but may very well stagnate us in another. This week we will be discussing why life needs to be viewed through a holistic lens instead of one that is constantly segmented.
On today's show, Dr. Susan Gardner, host of Community College Now interviews Dr. Sarah Beasly, Director of Academic Initiatives, West Virginia Higher Education Policy Commision on best practices to serve the adult learner.
Dr. Sarah Beasl ey is the Director of Statewide Academic Initiatives for the West Virginia Higher Education Policy Commission. A native West
Virginian, Dr. Beasley holds a B.A. in Psychology from Harvard College, an Ed.M. from the Harvard Graduate School of Education in Administration, Planning, and Social Policy, and a Ph.D. in Higher Education Administration from Boston College.
in Self Help
Mulatto, biracial, mixed breed. What does this mean? We analyze the effects of this group on the so called Black Community. Are the effects detrimental or Positive? and Why or why not?
Thursday, October 31, 2013
No Tricks tonight!
REAL live conversation with a community who is struggling with an upcoming election ... LOTS of controversy and talk ...
We will interview candidates for Richmond County Board of Supervisors Race - District 1 & District 4. Hear their views and their passions for running for office.
Tune in at 8:00 pm. Call in to ask questions ... Chat with us during the show.
Community RADIO ... Building Communities ... One Person at a Time!
Join Dr. Susan Gardner and her guest Dr. Paulette Dalpes, Deputy to the Vice Chancellor for Student Affairs & Chief of Staff City University of New York as they explore how colleges are serving first generation, low income and underrepresented students.
Paulette Dalpes, Ed.D.
Paulette Dalpes is the Deputy to the Vice Chancellor for Student Affairs at the City University of New York, the nation's largest urban public university, serving 540,000 students – more than 271,000 degree-credit students and nearly 270,000 in adult, continuing and professional education — at 24 institutions in New York City. Prior to this position, Dr. Dalpes was the Senior Student Affairs Officer at Kingsborough Community College in Brooklyn, New York. In this capacity, she was instrumental in building programs for students with disabilities, Veteran students, male students of color, as well as advancing the development of the Counseling, Student Life, Athletics, Access Ability Services, Veteran’s Affairs and Student Conduct offices. Dr. Dalpes also worked at Holyoke Community College in Holyoke, Massachusetts as the Director of Academic Support. Her background includes facilitating federally funded TRiO grant programs; training and development on issues of diversity and inclusion; and work in residential life at large universities. She has an abiding respect for and commitment to community colleges and the mission of educational access especially for students who are low-income and first-generation to college. Dr. Dalpes has taught as an adjunct or guest lecturer at Holyoke Community College; the University of Massachusetts; and the University of Kwazulu-Natal in Durban, South Africa.
in Self Help
What is a wigger?
Is it white guilt that makes a wigger interlope in the so called "Black" Community or is it something more sinister?
We explore the first of 4 Rogue Elements that cause social disease among the so called "Black" Community.
Join us as we discuss owning your accountability in the Trans* community.
We discuss the discrimination within the transgender female to male community, self-hatred, marriage equality, transgender in the military, transgender healthcare,support groups and dysphoria of gender and body.
**Please note this episode may contain sensitive subject matter and possibly not suitable for all audiences.**
Welcome to the Path Community. Our mission is to connect each person to their mission. We are committed to walking the path with you as you learn more about your mission. We are passionate about the stories of life, purpose and calling that make their home inside the Path Community. Each story is relevant, accepted and appreciated. There is no one else like you! You are unique, gifted and called to greatness. Join us this week as we we create the Open Forum session where you can connect on your path, meet the coaches, and move towards your path and desired future. We will talk about how the 'power of positive prohecy' is critical to the Path process.
We look forward to connecting with you. To begin to learn more about finding and living your mission download the FREE Mission Statement Form.
Join Host Live Chats
- Phoenix3333 (160 chatters)
- Jamie The Psychic (109 chatters)
- John Baptist (102 chatters)
- Tha Boxingvoice Radio Show (51 chatters)
- Straitway (39 chatters)
- Pine Ridge Warriors (39 chatters)
- Websleuths (39 chatters)
- Gecko Nation Radio (20 chatters)
- Well Armed Radio (17 chatters)
- Pastor Paul Begley (15 chatters)
- 5D Media Network (13 chatters)
- AngelsandWarriors (13 chatters)
- BacktoBasicsRadio (13 chatters)
- The NIGGA CHURCH (13 chatters)
- GATHERING OF CHRIST CHURCH (12 chatters)
- ILLUMINATION (12 chatters)
- Marti Oakley (12 chatters)
- Cross Encounters (11 chatters)
- thelordshour (9 chatters)
- Underground Professor Radio (9 chatters)
- Donny C (8 chatters)
- ExpandingU RADIO (8 chatters)
- Journey Into Light (7 chatters)
- Paradigm Shift Radio (7 chatters)
- Ohio Exopolitics (7 chatters)
- Whisper Out Loud Radio Network (7 chatters)
- Writing Royalty (7 chatters)
- The Psychic Viewpoint (6 chatters)
- The Wacko Network (6 chatters)
- On The Move with Mack Worley (6 chatters)
- Pagan Musings Podcast Channel (6 chatters)
- Starborn Support Radio (6 chatters)
- Life Conversations (6 chatters)
- NDB Media (6 chatters)
- Lance Scurv (5 chatters)
- JohnMcTernan (5 chatters)
- Fan vs Fan Radio Network (5 chatters)
- Bill Murray (5 chatters)
- Arm Wrestling Nation Radio (5 chatters)
- 9 at 9 (5 chatters)
- The Dereck and Kay Show (5 chatters)
- Visual Thoughts Network (5 chatters)
- Wolf and the bear Network (5 chatters)
- Type1RadioAshram (4 chatters)
- We Game (4 chatters)
- BBQSuperStars (4 chatters)
- BLACK SATIN RADIO LIVE (4 chatters)
- Josh and Paul (4 chatters)
- Michael Buffalo (4 chatters)
- Tarvino (4 chatters)
- Psychic Teachers (3 chatters)
- Random Rants (3 chatters)
- May We Help You Radio Show (3 chatters)
- Nation Building Movement (3 chatters)
- 13RevolutionRadio (3 chatters)
- Dead Air Paranormal Radio (3 chatters)
- Edge Talk Radio (3 chatters)
- EIE Save Our Children (3 chatters)
- Hogic Online Radio Show (3 chatters)
- We Built That Network (3 chatters)
- The Hereafter Is Now Network (3 chatters)
- The Crow and Moore Show (3 chatters)
- The Single Connection (3 chatters)
- USA live (2 chatters)
- YMcTierXEmpowerment4All (2 chatters)
- Welcome to Proper Manors USA (2 chatters)
- Endless Encouragement (2 chatters)
- NTEB (2 chatters)
- MKSPCG (2 chatters)
- KDCL Media (2 chatters)
- Lets talkXXXGod is not Religious (2 chatters)
- Louis Teverini and Freddy Doll (2 chatters)
- Survival Radio Network (2 chatters)
- The Advise Show (2 chatters)
- SISFI Human Wellness Radio (2 chatters)
- Survival Radio Christian Network (1 chatters)
- Real Talk with Mike and Steve (1 chatters)
- New Colony Network (1 chatters)
- Dynamic Daphne (1 chatters)
- Forward Boldly (1 chatters)
- Fox Valley Kubb Radio (1 chatters)
- HOV Radio (1 chatters)
- ICERM Radio (1 chatters)
- GEI Radio (1 chatters)
- GRAYMAN (1 chatters)
- JimmyWilliamson (1 chatters)
- Crs Radio Caribbean Radio Show (1 chatters)
- CTR1 (1 chatters)
- Brain Injury Radio (1 chatters)
- CoffeeTalkWithChelle (1 chatters)
- Autistic People (1 chatters)
- AltCon Radio (1 chatters)
- American Preppers Radio (1 chatters)
- 63630 (1 chatters)
- Thriving Minds (1 chatters)
- We in it for Life (1 chatters)
- The World of Ideas (1 chatters)
- TheLegacyOfANation (1 chatters)
- The Live By Terrence Network (1 chatters)
- The Seika Network (1 chatters)
- Truth Emerges (0 chatters)